Gamertag/xbox live question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

E10fonuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 E10fonuts
Member since 2007 • 37 Posts
I recently purchased a 12 month xbox live card but now want to change my gamertag. If i want all my stats and achievements changed onmy games, will i be able to move my 12 month live to my new gamertag with the deleted stats. Basically what im saying is can i change my gamertag with the 12 month live on it so it resets all my achievements and stats, and if so will that 12 month live move over to my new gamertag. Sorry if i confused you guys.
Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts
I have a completely different Gamertag question. I'm trying to put my Live gamertag in my signature, but when I do, it just shows up as "Put your gamertag here too". I'm putting my Gamertag into the space where it says REPLACE WITH YOUR GAMERTAG in the signature setup page of Gamespot, just like Xbox.com tells me to do. Can anyone help me out? :)
bazanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 bazanger
Member since 2004 • 2838 Posts
I recently purchased a 12 month xbox live card but now want to change my gamertag. If i want all my stats and achievements changed onmy games, will i be able to move my 12 month live to my new gamertag with the deleted stats. Basically what im saying is can i change my gamertag with the 12 month live on it so it resets all my achievements and stats, and if so will that 12 month live move over to my new gamertag. Sorry if i confused you guys.E10fonuts
no, i don't believe you can.
I have a completely different Gamertag question. I'm trying to put my Live gamertag in my signature, but when I do, it just shows up as "Put your gamertag here too". I'm putting my Gamertag into the space where it says REPLACE WITH YOUR GAMERTAG in the signature setup page of Gamespot, just like Xbox.com tells me to do. Can anyone help me out? :)Jbul
go to preferences, forum settings, and put the code in the "signature" space. if it still doesnt work get your gamertag on www.mygamertag.net and put it in the same place, that's what worked for me (the xbox.com didnt work..)
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

I have a completely different Gamertag question. I'm trying to put my Live gamertag in my signature, but when I do, it just shows up as "Put your gamertag here too". I'm putting my Gamertag into the space where it says REPLACE WITH YOUR GAMERTAG in the signature setup page of Gamespot, just like Xbox.com tells me to do. Can anyone help me out? :)Jbul

join a gamertag site like mygamercard.net and copy/paste the url of your gamertag here on GS

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

[QUOTE="E10fonuts"]I recently purchased a 12 month xbox live card but now want to change my gamertag. If i want all my stats and achievements changed onmy games, will i be able to move my 12 month live to my new gamertag with the deleted stats. Basically what im saying is can i change my gamertag with the 12 month live on it so it resets all my achievements and stats, and if so will that 12 month live move over to my new gamertag. Sorry if i confused you guys.ctfvyrsgurbnorn
no, i don't believe you can.
go to preferences, forum settings, and put the code in the "signature" space. if it still doesnt work get your gamertag on www.mygamertag.net and put it in the same place, that's what worked for me (the xbox.com didnt work..)

Thanks, worked perfectly! :D

W3dotCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 W3dotCOM
Member since 2005 • 1942 Posts
You can either change you name, leaving everything intact. Or Start a new account. If your subscription is on your account and you start a new one, you lose your subscription.
To be honest I don't know why you would want to delete your stuff, it doesn't mean anything, but its your account.
Avatar image for ThaDoggfather13
ThaDoggfather13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ThaDoggfather13
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
it doesnt work
Avatar image for ThaDoggfather13
ThaDoggfather13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ThaDoggfather13
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
gamercard in your signature doesnt work on mac i think
halvas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 halvas
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
oh thanks alot =)
jikiboyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jikiboyo
Member since 2003 • 128 Posts
time to see if it works
FNKYMNK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FNKYMNK
Member since 2008 • 142 Posts
I heard you can pay 800 microsoft points to change your gamertag.
wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
Yes, for 800 points you're allowed to change the username on your gamertag account. By changing accounts completely (creating a new gamertag) you won't be able to take your Gold account and transfer it. You'll be losing a year's worth of Live.
shamarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 shamarke
Member since 2004 • 587 Posts
its hard to put in flash gamertag
dub14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dub14
Member since 2008 • 497 Posts
just testing if it works
dUbC24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dUbC24
Member since 2008 • 35 Posts

just testing to see if it works

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts
why is this here? what the hell page am i on??? this is page one WTF.....