Forza Motorsport 3 Vs Burnout Paradise?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pumpatron87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Pumpatron87
Member since 2004 • 114 Posts

I'm looking to purchase a driving game for the Xbox 360 and have my eye on two: Burnout Paradise & Forza Motorsport 3. They both received near enough the same rating on different game websites (Gamespot, IGN etc) but I'm not sure which to get. I like games where I can improve/tune my cars, but I also like games which feature intense crashes & really fast driving etc.

I've looked at videos of Forza 3 on Youtube and it just seems to be a mundane run of the mill driving sim, whereas Burnout Paradise seems to have more action & fast paced driving etc. Despite this, I'm still not sure which game to get, because Forza 3 is newer than Burnout Paradise & it seems to be getting a hell of a lot of good ratings/reviews from people.

What do you guys suggest, and would you be able to tell me the main differences between the two games?

Many thanks in advance :)

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

I had far more fun with Burnout than I did Forza.

Pumpatron87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Pumpatron87
Member since 2004 • 114 Posts

Yeah my thinking is that Burnout will be more fun, but I can't help get past all these brilliant reviews Forza has gotten.

Buttons1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Buttons1990
Member since 2009 • 3167 Posts

Yeah my thinking is that Burnout will be more fun, but I can't help get past all these brilliant reviews Forza has gotten.

Pumpatron87

It is a sim... There aren't amazing crashes like what you want... An amazing crash means you loose the race... It has a LOT of customization... You can change virtually every part of the car (from body mods to entire engine swaps and then various swaps/upgrades of engine components...Tires, rims, etc...)... It has a layer painter that allows you to create very detailed custom art for cars (you get a thousand layers to paint with and then 5000 layers over the surface of the car, 1000 per face (front, back, r side, l side, and top))...

It is a sim though... So it is trying to be "realistic"... So no out of this world high intensity crashes...

shadow8585

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 shadow8585
Member since 2006 • 2947 Posts
Its basically NFL Blitz vs Madden. Madden is the better-made, more realistic game but NFL Blitz is just so damn fun. Whichever youd prefer outta those 2 should answer your question about Forza vs Burnout
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#6 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts

would you be able to tell me the main differences between the two games?

Pumpatron87
Forza is a driving simulator (as in realistic) and Burnout Paradise is an arcadey action/racing game. The only real similarities are that they are both driving games...The differences are many.
WestSideAzn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 WestSideAzn
Member since 2003 • 2218 Posts
If you like the real world, go with Forza. If you like fantasy, get Burnout. Either way, get both if you want variety in your driving collection.
ModeDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ModeDude
Member since 2009 • 1135 Posts
Burnout Paradise is an open world action/arcade type racer, throws realism out the window. Whereas Forza is very realistic. The problem I have with Burnout paradise is that since it's open world, I have to end up looking at the map while I'm racing, and I just end up crashing into something because I looked at the map.
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts

I'm looking to purchase a driving game for the Xbox 360 and have my eye on two: Burnout Paradise & Forza Motorsport 3. They both received near enough the same rating on different game websites (Gamespot, IGN etc) but I'm not sure which to get. I like games where I can improve/tune my cars, but I also like games which feature intense crashes & really fast driving etc.

I've looked at videos of Forza 3 on Youtube and it just seems to be a mundane run of the mill driving sim, whereas Burnout Paradise seems to have more action & fast paced driving etc. Despite this, I'm still not sure which game to get, because Forza 3 is newer than Burnout Paradise & it seems to be getting a hell of a lot of good ratings/reviews from people.

What do you guys suggest, and would you be able to tell me the main differences between the two games?

Many thanks in advance :)

Pumpatron87

one is a arcade racer and one is a sim racer, they are different games with different feels to them, just download the demo's to both games and try them out for yourself.

killer_beanz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 killer_beanz
Member since 2010 • 913 Posts
i think you should get midnight club la. good customization, arcadey, but still challenging
Justinge3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 Justinge3
Member since 2008 • 2506 Posts
Forza 3. Burnout Paradise was one of the most frustrating games I HAVE EVER played. And I have the freakin Criterion Liscence.
Justinge3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 Justinge3
Member since 2008 • 2506 Posts
Annoying things about Burnout -Traffic while racing??? RAGEEEEE *especially with no rewind, which burnout needs more than forza -NO ONSCREEN MAP! Very annoying your in a big city with a lot of traffic going at 999mph and way to easy to crash -Mundane, unskipable crash scenes. UGH -Over the top frustrating time trials (not all of them) If you want a chill racing game to chill in your afternoon while playing some music with a lemonade in hand, Forza 3 is you friend, no frustration, the perfect game to chill to. If you want a super frustrating game that is rarely rewarding, and will make you throw and BREAK a few controlers (I DID) because on the impending doom of random traffic and no onscreen map combined with no rewind, Burnout is your best buddy and worst enemy. Pick one. You can get both burnout is cheap nowadays.
bobdood99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bobdood99
Member since 2007 • 1862 Posts
The way you are sounding, Burnout Paradise City is the best game for you. I played it to death. Great game.