Forza 2 Thoughts? (poll)

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 fenwickhotmail
Member since 2004 • 7308 Posts
Not entirely impressed, v gud car physics but graphics not "photo-realistic" at all. Gd smaller features tho, including the detail gone into spectators and the glowing brake-discs
budorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 budorz
Member since 2003 • 1406 Posts
Do they still have the lines on the road to tell you how much to brake?
fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 fenwickhotmail

Do they still have the lines on the road to tell you how much to brake?budorz

yeh, but u can turn it off if u want. also u can hav the guide line 4 the whole course

newfg311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 newfg311
Member since 2003 • 816 Posts
Yeah the brake lines are there, but you can turn them off if you want.  I hated the demo and def. won't be buying the game.
hackersupr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hackersupr
Member since 2005 • 742 Posts
Im underwhelmed by the graphics but the gameplay is fantastic.
fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fenwickhotmail
will ther be time 2 improve the graphics b4 launch?
fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fenwickhotmail
bumpdity bump
Muhannad_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Muhannad_basic
Member since 2002 • 3687 Posts

seriously? i thought the graphics were amazing.

Prid3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 Prid3r
Member since 2004 • 8643 Posts
I didn't play the demo yet , but if the graphics are as horrible as everyone say they are , Im ready to bet it's because it's a old build of the game .
Jammy69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jammy69
Member since 2007 • 224 Posts

I didn't play the demo yet , but if the graphics are as horrible as everyone say they are , Im ready to bet it's because it's a old build of the game .Prid3r

Trust me the graphics aren't as bad as what people are saying..

rdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rdo
Member since 2004 • 10314 Posts
i think they should have put in a career race rather than arcade exabition mode.  the demo dosn't show of forza's strenghts,  what seperates forza from the rest of the racers.
imakillaholic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 imakillaholic
Member since 2006 • 1422 Posts
I am new to these types of games, but i decided to try it out and I enjoyed it for the most part. But one question, how do you turn corners without sliding across the freaking map. I brake and all but I dunno.
elmafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 elmafia
Member since 2003 • 1490 Posts

I am new to these types of games, but i decided to try it out and I enjoyed it for the most part. But one question, how do you turn corners without sliding across the freaking map. I brake and all but I dunno.imakillaholic

be gentle on the gas on your way out of the corner

RipaX21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RipaX21
Member since 2005 • 1675 Posts

I am new to these types of games, but i decided to try it out and I enjoyed it for the most part. But one question, how do you turn corners without sliding across the freaking map. I brake and all but I dunno.imakillaholic

If you've never played a simulation racing game before Forza is a good place to start.  Turn on the racing line, and it will tell you when to brake, when to coast, and when to accelerate.  The general idea is to brake before the turn, coast into it, and accelerate out of it all while going from the outside, to the inside, and back to the outside.

Back to the topic, I thought the demo was a good display of the racing and AI.  I thought the graphics were fine, but im not too picky about that stuff.  I wish the demo would have include the livery editor and a few career races, because like someone said thats what seperates Forza from the rest. 

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts
guys you do realize this happened with the first forza demo right.everyone complained that the graphics were horrible and they wouldnt buy the game then the final game came and they were like OMG i need to buy this.this demo build was created like 2 months ago and like always its not a full reperantation of the game
Metalnoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 Metalnoid
Member since 2006 • 1314 Posts
Forza 2 is the best racing simulator of this console generation.
tenorio_rotc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 tenorio_rotc
Member since 2003 • 3447 Posts
I think it is more of the same from the first game and that is a good thing.  The first game was so well done that all they could improve on would be more cars, to choose from and have in the race.  Also, the graphics look great.  Is the game running at 60fps?  It definitely looks faster than the first game.
Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#18 Fhiz
Member since 2004 • 7718 Posts
indifferent, I suck at racing sims so I can't judge.
reubendarosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 reubendarosa
Member since 2005 • 2727 Posts

it was really good. the graphics were good but some jaggies here and their. could just be my monitor.

as for the gameplay. it was really fun and i like how if you try to tail gate one of the AI's they'll sometimes get back at you and screw you over lol. i am definately buying this game. can't wait

2DRAGAO4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 2DRAGAO4
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I exchanged my PS3 for the 360 in February, it's been great since, but honestly... THE GRAN TURISMO HD!!! demo is better than this Forza demo which is an already complete build of the game, the graphics are off! the physics were decent, but 2nd to GTHD, the damage was awkward, DID ANYONE NOTICE THE CAR LOOKS CELL SHADED when its damaged!! I was laughing!!! Every1, including all us X360 owners know the best Racing game console is PS3, heck I had SOOO much fun with the Motorstorm demo when it released!! I love the BMW M3 though!!; )  im looking forward to Dirt, that 1 looks better, OF COURSE!! i cant forget the real game will have great features to back up what looks to me, a lastgen mediocre game!
fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 fenwickhotmail

i think they should have put in a career race rather than arcade exabition mode.  the demo dosn't show of forza's strenghts,  what seperates forza from the rest of the racers.rdo

yeh it dsnt show the gr8 strengths of the game. career mode is shaping up 2 b amazing

Metalnoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Metalnoid

I exchanged my PS3 for the 360 in February, it's been great since, but honestly... THE GRAN TURISMO HD!!! demo is better than this Forza demo which is an already complete build of the game, the graphics are off! the physics were decent, but 2nd to GTHD, the damage was awkward, DID ANYONE NOTICE THE CAR LOOKS CELL SHADED when its damaged!! I was laughing!!! Every1, including all us X360 owners know the best Racing game console is PS3, heck I had SOOO much fun with the Motorstorm demo when it released!! I love the BMW M3 though!!; )  im looking forward to Dirt, that 1 looks better, OF COURSE!! i cant forget the real game will have great features to back up what looks to me, a lastgen mediocre game!2DRAGAO4

Sooooo, why you have a XBOX 360 right now?
I didint notice nothing, and until May 29 the best racing simulator in the world is Forza Motorsport in the XBOX.

marckour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 marckour
Member since 2003 • 138 Posts

i think they should have put in a career race rather than arcade exabition mode.  the demo dosn't show of forza's strenghts,  what seperates forza from the rest of the racers.rdo

Then people will be wanting to transfer their earnings and customized cars. Turn 10 explicitly stated that they did not want to include any of this because it would be wasted time. They want people to start the game fresh without any qualms to the car they left behind in the demo.

I have not played a whole lot of other simulation racers, but I have put in some time with GT4. It feels fine to me. Also, you have to realize that damage really isn't anything more than cosmetic in the demo. I have no idea why they made that decision, but it's there. As for the people who say the graphics suck, well, I have no response. I'm still playing on an SDTV =(.

In any case, it's a simulation racer, and I'm getting it over any other racing game for the 360.

K4ss3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#24 K4ss3r
Member since 2004 • 8697 Posts
A bit of a loss for me, as I was really looking forward to it, but now I'm confused whether I should get it or not. The reviews and opinions of the people will decide.
reubendarosa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 reubendarosa
Member since 2005 • 2727 Posts

Here's proof that the graphics are good (took the photo myself sorry if it's not great quality)

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/2553/picture020hc0.jpg

blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts

it's good for what it is,but because of that very reason i won't be picking it up,i don't even know why i downloaded it i knew i would become bored in 5 mins of playing it.

Metalnoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Metalnoid

Here's proof that the graphics are good (took the photo myself sorry if it's not great quality)

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/2553/picture020hc0.jpg

reubendarosa

Amazing

Avatar image for Soul_to_Squeeze
Soul_to_Squeeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Soul_to_Squeeze
Member since 2007 • 560 Posts
does anyone have one of the racing wheels besides the MS one? if so, how is it? when i get this game, and im definitely gonna get it bc it looks awesome, i wanna  get a racing wheel to go w/ it. the MS one sounds really good but its so expensive. so if the other ones work just as well im just gonna go w/ one of those bc id save alot of money
fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 fenwickhotmail

does anyone have one of the racing wheels besides the MS one? if so, how is it? when i get this game, and im definitely gonna get it bc it looks awesome, i wanna  get a racing wheel to go w/ it. the MS one sounds really good but its so expensive. so if the other ones work just as well im just gonna go w/ one of those bc id save alot of moneySoul_to_Squeeze

dnt no much about steering wheels, but im sure they'l b 3rd party ones

megahertz_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 megahertz_0
Member since 2004 • 229 Posts

Remember demos are usually not the final build... It could be the demo the press has been playing for months. 

raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
I kinda expected way more
fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 fenwickhotmail

I kinda expected way moreraylewisnfl52

i think a few people thought a final product (like me!) the career mode and the mode where damage actually affects performance will be where its at - not 4getting online! also, graphics may also be improved by final version

AdolescentDon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 AdolescentDon
Member since 2005 • 9081 Posts
I loved the Demo and I will definetly be picking up this game, I thought the Graphics were pretty average but it runs silky smooth at the 60FPS and the gameplay is perfect. Definetly going to be a lot of fun with the racing wheel!
-PS360-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 -PS360-
Member since 2007 • 817 Posts
i didnt like it at all, I was gonna rent this on gamefly but i decided its not my game so i took it off
PSYCO109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#37 PSYCO109
Member since 2006 • 789 Posts
is the demo out or something?
TWOC2689

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TWOC2689
Member since 2006 • 866 Posts
Very disappointed that there is no Multi-player but it is good to see that it acts more realistically
primehunter326

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 primehunter326
Member since 2005 • 1268 Posts
After playing the demo I'm not sure whatther I'll get this game.  I'm new to sim racers and therer's definitely a learning curve, which turned me away.  However once I really get the hang of the game I think I'll have more fun, it's good to have a challenge sometimes.  I'll admit that the environmental graphics were a little disappointing but to all of the people wondering:  They're not "bad" at all, they're as good as a simulation needs to be so it can achieve maximum framrate.  I was pretty impressed with the amount of info the game keeps track of relating to the physics of your car though I would have liked to play with the customization a bit.  Like I said before I'm still on the fence with this game, I'll have to play it more to help make my decision.
fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 fenwickhotmail

is the demo out or something?PSYCO109

lol yeh only in past 24 hrs tho

fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 fenwickhotmail
bumpdity bump
tree-branch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 tree-branch
Member since 2007 • 3262 Posts
hopefully its good.
Goron24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Goron24
Member since 2005 • 1043 Posts
didnt like it at all i got caught like a mm on the grass and was immediatly sucked into the grass even though i was trying to get out it may seem wierd but it pissed me off
dalriders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dalriders
Member since 2004 • 2062 Posts
Anyone else notice the tons of Jaggies??
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

Anyone else notice the tons of Jaggies??dalriders

Yes... it may be an early build though. Needless to say, I'm not buying it until I find out. If I want great Forza gameplay, I'll pop in Forza 1. The graphics in this demo are on par with PGR3, which is nice but it's also disappointing because I expected more from this game. Especially because of how good the first one looked.

But yeah... here's to hoping it's an early build. 

Idontremember

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Idontremember
Member since 2003 • 965 Posts

Graphics...              Sucks

AI...                       Awesome

Overall Gameplay... Freaking awesome

Muhannad_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 Muhannad_basic
Member since 2002 • 3687 Posts

[QUOTE="dalriders"]Anyone else notice the tons of Jaggies??Generic_Dude

Yes... it may be an early build though. Needless to say, I'm not buying it until I find out. If I want great Forza gameplay, I'll pop in Forza 1. The graphics in this demo are on par with PGR3, which is nice but it's also disappointing because I expected more from this game. Especially because of how good the first one looked.

But yeah... here's to hoping it's an early build. 

I don't get any jaggies not even a bit on my 46" HDTV

notoriousmatty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 notoriousmatty
Member since 2004 • 470 Posts

THe graphics on this game are terrible . I know forzas selling point is customization but if your not a hardcore car person this game is not for you. I had this game already payed off but my moneys gettin switched to Dirt. Thank god for demos

notoriousmatty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 notoriousmatty
Member since 2004 • 470 Posts

THe graphics on this game are terrible . I know forzas selling point is customization but if your not a hardcore car person this game is not for you. I had this game already payed off but my moneys gettin switched to Dirt. Thank god for demos

fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 fenwickhotmail

notoriousmatty

the graphics are not terrible at all, but the certainly not 'photo-realistics' as advertised