feelings on possible multiplayer in Mass Effect 3

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
Member since 2007 • 1495 Posts

The Mass Effect series is one of my all time favorites. Great story, great characters, great lengthy single player campaign, etc. Apparently there might be mulitplayer in the last game of the trilogy.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/113/1139585p1.html

I'm not sure if i really like this. A game like Mass Effect doesn't need multiplayer. The only multiplayer i could see maybe working is if one of your friends could play as one of your teammates via splitscreen or something. I think an online multiplayer of some sort would be a really bad idea and feel very tacked on (ie Bioshock 2). Alot of times when games try to cater to too big of an audience it comes at the expense of the games quality. I feel that the games single player campaign (which is by far the best thing about mass effect) could be hurt with some resources being put towards a multiplayer aspect that really isnt needed. Your thoughts?

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#2 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

Definitelly not. The possibility of a multuplayer would NOT make it possible for the campaign to be as perfect as can be...Look at Bioshock 2: Single player was waaaay inferior to the first one, yet they added a multiplayer, which was nothing special as well. BioWare should stick to single player and try to master the conclusion of the series. After that, they can release a spin-off with a multiplayer. By the way, they have done some strange things lately - releasing ME2 on PS3 but not ME1, and now MP in ME3, but not ME1 or ME2. Why make your life complicated? Just finish this single-player masterpiece as perfectly as you can and then try to diversify to a MP-based IP/spin-off or something...

My $ 0.02 here...

_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 _SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Definitelly not. The possibility of a multuplayer would NOT make it possible for the campaign to be as perfect as can be...Look at Bioshock 2: Single player was waaaay inferior to the first one, yet they added a multiplayer, which was nothing special as well. BioWare should stick to single player and try to master the conclusion of the series. After that, they can release a spin-off with a multiplayer. By the way, they have done some strange things lately - releasing ME2 on PS3 but not ME1, and now MP in ME3, but not ME1 or ME2. Why make your life complicated? Just finish this single-player masterpiece as perfectly as you can and then try to diversify to a MP-based IP/spin-off or something...

My $ 0.02 here...

EvilSelf

yeah thats pretty much how i feel. multiplayer would only make the game worse in my opinion, and that would be sad because i love mass effect. and i think they couldnt release the first one for ps3 because that one is published by microsoft, but these next two are published by EA.

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#4 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

[QUOTE="EvilSelf"]

My $ 0.02 here...

_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

yeah thats pretty much how i feel. multiplayer would only make the game worse in my opinion, and that would be sad because i love mass effect. and i think they couldnt release the first one for ps3 because that one is published by microsoft, but these next two are published by EA.

Makes sense now, but still they should not make their life harder right when they are in the climax of the series. Dont ruin the campaign for the MP Bioware!

NoDzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 NoDzombie
Member since 2009 • 1483 Posts

Mass Effect 2 has no multiplayer and its, in my opinion, the best game iv played this year, multiplayer would ruin a game like Mass Effect it is totally unnecessary and would just detract from the quality of the single player in my opinion, which is definately not a good thing

TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts
Don't want. I like it being a single player only game and there are plenty of other shooters I can get my multiplayer fix from.
2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
ME2 is the best game i have ever played. I would accept a separate story to the main campaign that is co-op or something around those lines. I dont think a competitive mp would work for this game play.
gpuFX16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gpuFX16
Member since 2006 • 1296 Posts

My reaction: FFFFFFFUUUUUUUU------

*Sigh* Blame it on EA, I guess, for wanting to squeeze out as much money as they can. I just don't see how multiplayer would possibly fit well into a title that puts the focus on your decisions, especially with how brilliant the single player story and characters are. It just feels so out of place and unnecessary IMO. Co-op might be interesting, but that's about it.The first 2 games have immense replay value already thanks to all the dialogue options and paths you can choose. Competitive play would be totally unfitting.

I have faith that Bioware will deliver another stellar solo experience, but I can't help but feel disheartened at the fact that so many of the solo experiences I've enjoyed in the past (Bioshock, Dead Space, Assassin's Creed) have all had online support forced upon them. I still play games to get away for a while, to forget about things for a moment. Not that I don't enjoy multiplayer; I play a lot of Halo and TF2, but being a fairly nice person, there's only so much of playing with people like xXMLGUberPr0Xx that I can take. I value solo experiences far more than any multiplayer options.

cain19822004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cain19822004
Member since 2005 • 1382 Posts

The only multiplayer I would want to see in Mass Effect 3 is the option to invite up to 2 friends into your game to play as your team mates and help you out, and they get to take some of the experience and/or credits back into their own game. But make it INVITE ONLY, I can't stress that enough, having random people join my game would just p*** me off.

But as for competitive multiplayer, people have been talking about a Mass Effect based FPS for a little while now, I'd love to see that set during The First Contact War, Humans versus Turians, with skills and such unlocked over single player and multiplayer.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

How does multiplayer make a singleplayer campaign worse??? If they took the time to do both who cares. Just don't play the MP if you don't want to. They made it work for Assassin's Creed and it will work for dead space. It would def work for this kind of gameplay. 3 on 3 or even free for all. Of course its not necessary as the SP is so awesome as a stand alone. But companies are always trying to add MP for replayability.

cain19822004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cain19822004
Member since 2005 • 1382 Posts

How does multiplayer make a singleplayer campaign worse??? If they took the time to do both who cares. Just don't play the MP if you don't want to. They made it work for Assassin's Creed and it will work for dead space. It would def work for this kind of gameplay. 3 on 3 or even free for all. Of course its not necessary as the SP is so awesome as a stand alone. But companies are always trying to add MP for replayability.

firefox59

I think what everyone else is getting at, from what I understand, is the more time they spend on making multiplayer, the less time they can spend on polishing the single player experience.

chaosflare44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 chaosflare44
Member since 2009 • 601 Posts

[QUOTE="firefox59"]

cain19822004

I think what everyone else is getting at, from what I understand, is the more time they spend on making multiplayer, the less time they can spend on polishing the single player experience.

Exactly. Lets say you have $100. You can either put all of it towards making a game with only single player mode or a multiplayer mode, or you can split it 50/50 and end with a game that has both, but they are half as good as they could have been.

The only way I see a mulitiplayer mode working is if they offer something that hasn't been done before (like what Assassins Creed did). Anything else and it will end up like Bioshock 2, where people played it for a couple of weeks, then they all left to play the games that specialize in multiplayer, like CoD and Halo.

gpuFX16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gpuFX16
Member since 2006 • 1296 Posts

[QUOTE="firefox59"]

cain19822004

^Basically. You can't please everybody. Doing both solo and multiplayer means that time must be put in to both sides. If the focus is put only on one part of a game, be it single or multiplayer, then there's a good chance it will turn out better than if time was divided for different parts.

mucgoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mucgoo
Member since 2010 • 317 Posts
So basically multiplayer would be gears of war with a nuke power every 12 second and once you've lost shield constant knockdowns
Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#15 Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

I would not like to see multiplayer come to the Mass Effect series.

Paynee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Paynee
Member since 2008 • 851 Posts

As long as it's like this:

*Disk 1 Single player

*Disk 2 MP/Co-op. (Miranda & Tali are playable characters)

*Disk 3 dedicated to the many ways that Jack can die

_Doomsayer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 _Doomsayer_
Member since 2008 • 18616 Posts
No, no, no. They should focus all of their resources on the singleplayer.
firebolt53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 firebolt53
Member since 2009 • 670 Posts
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Worst idea I have ever heard
ComBaTsOuL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ComBaTsOuL
Member since 2006 • 507 Posts
this as got to be the most stupidest thing i have herd in a long time, mass effect should not have multiplayer full stop........
SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

Seeing as it is a rumor I think it will only be co op or the rumor is not true.

Darth-Caedus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Darth-Caedus
Member since 2008 • 20756 Posts
Co-Op wouldn't be too bad I guess...full competitive MP...No, just no.
Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Suzy_Q_Kazoo
Member since 2010 • 9899 Posts

Mass Effect doesn't need MP at all, and I really wish they wouldn't go down that route.

The-Tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 The-Tree
Member since 2010 • 3315 Posts

I don't mind the addition of multiplayer as long as it doesn't screw with the story.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 firefox59

[QUOTE="firefox59"]

cain19822004

I know. I said "if they take the time to do both". Do you guys really think that bioware would screw up the all important last piece of the trilogy just to add MP? This game has HUGE hype and there is no way they'd skimp on the SP to add MP. My point being that if they add MP they will have plenty of time to do so.
KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KeredsBlaze
Member since 2010 • 2049 Posts
single player co-op? sure, but online mp...no it just doesn't fit mass effect
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#26 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
It doesn't need multiplayer at all. I'm so sick and tired of seeing games that should be single player only given the multiplayer once over for no reason.
archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

Bioshock 2 was a good game but inclusion of multiplayer sort of ruined what could have been a better single player. I'd hate to see this happening to the end of the trilogy of mass effect.

_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 _SOULtoSQUEEZE_
[QUOTE="cain19822004"]

[QUOTE="firefox59"]

firefox59

I know. I said "if they take the time to do both". Do you guys really think that bioware would screw up the all important last piece of the trilogy just to add MP? This game has HUGE hype and there is no way they'd skimp on the SP to add MP. My point being that if they add MP they will have plenty of time to do so.

But I have a hard time believing that they would take the time to polish both single player and multiplayer enough to make them the best they can be, especially with money hungry EA behind them constantly asking "is it ready yet?" "how much longer?". Why does EA have to ruin nearly every good series out there?
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I wouldn't mind seeing co-op, but not a multiplayer feature.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

Multiplayer including co-op would weaken Mass Effect 3's game play since Multiplayer game play needs to be ATB. The other two ME games are tactical pause. For a game to go from tactical pause to ATB, the needs to give up some thing(s). That could include reducing the number of power or have it where the play will need to cycle through menu(s) during combat.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#31 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

Adding multiplayer and some of what they have said about Dragons Age2, great to see Bioware dumbing down their games to appeal to the Halo crowd. They might end up as bad as Bethesda soon, nothing but watered down versions of games that used to be the best.

gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#32 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts

I really hope they don't have multiplayer on Mass Effect 3 because the story could really suffer.

Sacif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 Sacif
Member since 2006 • 1830 Posts

Mass Effect 2 has no multiplayer and its, in my opinion, the best game iv played this year, multiplayer would ruin a game like Mass Effect it is totally unnecessary and would just detract from the quality of the single player in my opinion, which is definately not a good thing

NoDzombie

I agree with this completely. MP will take focus away from closing the trilogy and I expect the end to be amazing.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 firefox59

[QUOTE="firefox59"][QUOTE="cain19822004"]

_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

But I have a hard time believing that they would take the time to polish both single player and multiplayer enough to make them the best they can be, especially with money hungry EA behind them constantly asking "is it ready yet?" "how much longer?". Why does EA have to ruin nearly every good series out there?

Well they could do a beta. And I don't know what kind of polish they'd have to put on this game. I don't know for sure but I don't they are overhauling the game engine and graphics. Also, hopefully EA will learn from Medal of Honor and change their ways to a degree (lol like that will happen). But still.

colejd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 colejd
Member since 2007 • 506 Posts

In my opinion, Mass Effect 3 does not need and/or should have Multiplayer. Why waste time putting MP in it when the developers could use that time making it a better Single-Player, storyline driven, awesomeness having game. The two key words are: Single Player.:P

Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!!! Please don't ruin my favriote game in years.

jirca87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jirca87
Member since 2005 • 539 Posts

[QUOTE="cain19822004"]

[QUOTE="firefox59"]

firefox59

You do realize that time is less of an issue than money? Games only have so much of a budget, and every dollar spent on multiplayer is one less than can be used to make the single player even better. I for one truly hope that there is no multiplayer. But if there is to be one then I can onlyhope it will be only co-op with friends playing as your squad.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 firefox59

[QUOTE="firefox59"][QUOTE="cain19822004"]

jirca87

You do realize that time is less of an issue than money? Games only have so much of a budget, and every dollar spent on multiplayer is one less than can be used to make the single player even better. I for one truly hope that there is no multiplayer. But if there is to be one then I can onlyhope it will be only co-op with friends playing as your squad.

You all are acting like Bioware is some small up and coming company that doesn't know what the heck they're doing. Like mismanagement of the allocation of resources is a problem for a developer of this level. ME 3 has been confirmed to have MP and from the beginning they planned out what they were doing for SP and MP. I highly doubt this was just some whim decision. It's not a situation where you say, ok I have to take X dollars from the SP to make the MP. The budget is determined at the onset of the planning process based on what they want to do with the game. A game with MP would have a larger budget than one without.
jirca87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jirca87
Member since 2005 • 539 Posts

[QUOTE="jirca87"]

[QUOTE="firefox59"] I know. I said "if they take the time to do both". Do you guys really think that bioware would screw up the all important last piece of the trilogy just to add MP? This game has HUGE hype and there is no way they'd skimp on the SP to add MP. My point being that if they add MP they will have plenty of time to do so.firefox59

You all are acting like Bioware is some small up and coming company that doesn't know what the heck they're doing. Like mismanagement of the allocation of resources is a problem for a developer of this level. ME 3 has been confirmed to have MP and from the beginning they planned out what they were doing for SP and MP. I highly doubt this was just some whim decision. It's not a situation where you say, ok I have to take X dollars from the SP to make the MP. The budget is determined at the onset of the planning process based on what they want to do with the game. A game with MP would have a larger budget than one without.

The team behind Bioshock is also very talented. But that did not stop Bioshock2 from having a tacked on multiplayer or from having a lackluster single player. It's not a matter of mismanagement of resources. It's a matter of resources that could have been put into single player that are now being put intomultiplayer.AnRPG, especially one that's the third in a trilogy where prior choices actually mattered,is not going to make up the R&D put into multiplayer by any increased sales and is going to have to have to allocate at leastsomeresources from single player into multiplayer. That's just simple business.

Avatar image for EasyNormalHard1
EasyNormalHard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 EasyNormalHard1
Member since 2010 • 203 Posts

I am all for it if they make a good mulitplayer experience its not like no one would try the mulitplayer if they make one. Everyone who is gonna buy the game would try it so not really a big deal to me. Just hope they make a good long single player experience. I don't expect them to change much if anything from Mass Effect 2 to Mass Effect 3. They gotta start somewhere with making a multiplayer game because its what every game seems to need to have now. With Live being so big as it is and multiplayer gameplay online im not suprised a popular game like Mass Effect series is going the multiplayer route. I would be shocked for them to stay away from it actually and not attempt it. I just hope they make a Mass Effect 4 and not end the seriers at 3.

sneric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 sneric
Member since 2009 • 287 Posts

NO!

There are already enough games with a lackluster mp. If Bioware wants to go into multiplayer please please let it be after ME3 in some sort of spin-off. The trilogy started as a single player game and should end as one. I think Bioware would simply be wasting resources if they put in an mp, so many people are opposed to it which is not a good start and imo mp does not fit with the style of the game (a story driven experience), not some game where the sole purpose is to blow the head off of anything that moves. Even if the single player is unaffected I still wouldnt want to see it included in the game. I'm not opposed to an mp game after ME3, a game based of a regular alliance marine in some of the other battles in the ME universe could be quite fun. And if in this spin off game they really want an mp element by all means they should go for it.

_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 _SOULtoSQUEEZE_

I am all for it if they make a good mulitplayer experience its not like no one would try the mulitplayer if they make one. Everyone who is gonna buy the game would try it so not really a big deal to me. Just hope they make a good long single player experience. I don't expect them to change much if anything from Mass Effect 2 to Mass Effect 3. They gotta start somewhere with making a multiplayer game because its what every game seems to need to have now. With Live being so big as it is and multiplayer gameplay online im not suprised a popular game like Mass Effect series is going the multiplayer route. I would be shocked for them to stay away from it actually and not attempt it. I just hope they make a Mass Effect 4 and not end the seriers at 3.

EasyNormalHard1

No, every game doesn't need multiplayer, and Mass Effect is one of those games. Mass effect 2 is my favorite game this year, and it had no multiplayer. And that people would give it a try if they did add multiplayer isnt the point. The point is that if they do add multiplayer and use time to do that, it takes away the time and resources that could have went into making the single player the best it could be.

Avatar image for EasyNormalHard1
EasyNormalHard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 EasyNormalHard1
Member since 2010 • 203 Posts

[QUOTE="EasyNormalHard1"]

_SOULtoSQUEEZE_

No, every game doesn't need multiplayer, and Mass Effect is one of those games. Mass effect 2 is my favorite game this year, and it had no multiplayer. And that people would give it a try if they did add multiplayer isnt the point. The point is that if they do add multiplayer and use time to do that, it takes away the time and resources that could have went into making the single player the best it could be.

If you say so but I think it would be fine.

2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
actually based off the new trailer I think a cool idea for co-op would be to have one person play as the guy in the trailer on earth fighting the reapers and what not while the other plays as shepard on his way to earth (most likly after winning the trust of different fleats of different races of aliens to help). all the stuff the one player does on earth will effect the story and what the other player (as shepard) will face once he gets to earth. so it would be 2 different campaigns played simotainiously this would laso lead to a ton of replay ability. Im not quite sure how or if it would work though................. just thinking out loud
XCyberForceX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

User Lists: 1

#45 XCyberForceX
Member since 2008 • 1223 Posts

Keep it a single player, close out the series that way, and then develop a spin-off. Be it FPS, multi-player or whatever.

I think co-op will just detract from how awesome a series this can be. Tey should just develop all of their resources to capping off the series.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 firefox59

[QUOTE="firefox59"][QUOTE="jirca87"]

jirca87

The team behind Bioshock is also very talented. But that did not stop Bioshock2 from having a tacked on multiplayer or from having a lackluster single player. It's not a matter of mismanagement of resources. It's a matter of resources that could have been put into single player that are now being put intomultiplayer.AnRPG, especially one that's the third in a trilogy where prior choices actually mattered,is not going to make up the R&D put into multiplayer by any increased sales and is going to have to have to allocate at leastsomeresources from single player into multiplayer. That's just simple business.

Hehe, see here's where the matter of opinion comes in. Personally I thought Bioshock 2 was better than the first in terms of gameplay. Obviously the story wasn't nearly as enthralling but I greatly enjoyed the 2nd Bioshock and the MP is exactly what you'd expect for a Bioshock game. I thought it was really entertaining.

You say that because this is the third game people will have to buy it because they played the first two and want to see the story come to an end, with previous choices affecting the game and all that. But Mass Effect 2 sales are still below the first one. It isn't a certainty people will keep playing the series as they may not like it. Multiplayer (because sooo many people play online MP now) is a way to attract new players to the franchise or get people who only bought the first Mass Effect and went "ehh I don't want the 2nd one" to try out this third game.

I understand what you guys are saying trust me. Some devs make the mistake your talking about. But I honestly don't think Bioware will, not with this kind of a game.

guitardude1243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 guitardude1243
Member since 2008 • 647 Posts

firefox59

I'm thinking people don't like that not all possible resources are being allocated to the single-player experience (which is a valid complaint if you ask me), but I have faith in BioWare so I'm not too worried if they do happen to include it.

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts

[QUOTE="firefox59"]

guitardude1243

I'm thinking people don't like that not all possible resources are being allocated to the single-player experience (which is a valid complaint if you ask me), but I have faith in BioWare so I'm not too worried if they do happen to include it.

I agree with you guitardude. It seems as if people have already come to the conclusion that the main single player campaign is doomed to not live up to expectations. However, I would like to throw this thought into the mix. This is the third game of the series. The universe is already pretty well established as well as the story. Many of the important characters too. They already improved the gameplay greatly between the first and second games, so I don't expect to see as many dramatic gameplay changes going into the third game. I'm not saying I expect a complete cut and paste of everything going into ME3, but I would think that it BioWare already had a lot to work with. Also, initial ME3 development was probably already started before the release of the second game so they are probably much further along than anyone realizes. I don't think that BioWare would attempt to add a multiplayer component if they didn't feel that it would be worthy of putting it into a Mass Effect game or if they thought that it would absolutely degrade the quality of the campaign which is really the only thing people are looking forward to.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
Here is my .02 on the matter from the perspective of one who hasn't played any of the games. I'm a guy who loves a game with good writing and good dialogue. I also hate sci-fi and shooting rpgs. I've seen the game in action, and I had determined after watching my brother play ME and ME2 for a few hours each that the games would be better with less shooting and more talking. All this is preamble to one point- I love a good co op campaign. If ME3 has a co op campaign, it will be my first ME title, and it MAY convince me to buy the first two where all praise of the previous titles has failed to do so. If there are others like me(as I expect there are) just waiting for that final kick to get me in gear, imagine the sales that they will get that they otherwise wouldn't have. More $$$ to the devs means more(and better) games down the line. A final note: I also don't believe a competitive MP mode would fit in with the game.
greendayR0cks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 greendayR0cks
Member since 2010 • 238 Posts
To be honest, I can't wait to try this Multiplayer on Mass Effect 3! I mean, my friend saids that Assassins Creed Brotherhood got an awesome Campaign, but it's Multiplayer was awesome too. I mean, you gotta give it a chance! Im bored of the FPS genre pretty much, and something like this will get me back into Multiplayer again. Then again, I think the Campaigns on the Mass Effect series are to awesome so I don't know if I want to play the multiplayer when I get it, since Im more of a Campaign person.