Fallout New Vegas Question!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vault_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Vault_Monkey
Member since 2010 • 209 Posts

Everyone says that the new addition to the Fallout series has severe technical issues but no one really is very specific about what they are. What exactly happens that is so horrible?

Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 Xbox360Gamer15
Member since 2009 • 3937 Posts

Everyone says that the new addition to the Fallout series has severe technical issues but no one really is very specific about what they are. What exactly happens that is so horrible?

Vault_Monkey
people say that there are crashes which there are but it doesnt happen that often...and some peoples saves get corrupted and stuff
GodzillavsXenu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 GodzillavsXenu
Member since 2009 • 180 Posts
I disagree - people have been VERY specific but I think you just are not looking in the right place for details. Check the Fallout Wiki, then look at the quest pages and scroll down to the bottom. They are filled with individual bugs users have reported. Some people have gotten through the game okay (as happens with any reportedly buggy game) but the entries on the wiki do not lie, you may encounter any number of a host of problems. For me, I had two game breaking bugs that forced me twice to go many hours back to a previous save (I saved often, but the bugs were not encountered until the main quest was resumed and there was no way to know when it had been bugged, without loading each save and trying to advance that quest). I also had companions disappear but the game still thought they were following so I could not have another join, multiple instances where I got stuck on the environment, and about 25 -30 system freezes. This made it the worst game I have ever played as far as bugs and glitches go. My favorite was one where the elevator and access to any floors on the Lucky 38 suddenly became inaccessible, with all but one of my companions waiting in the presidential suite. This meant I could not use any of the companions except ED-E for the rest of the game, and could not complete any further quests for Mr House, even though I had not advanced the "House" quest to any point where it should have shut down my options. To me, it was absolutely pathetic and as soon as I beat one playthrough I sold it and will never play another DLC or anything Fallout released with this engine.
ukken13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ukken13
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I joined this site to try to find if others are having the same problems as me. During the early stages of the game I didn't have many problems but as I advanced the game started to freeze every hour or so. It happens most frequently when coming out of caves or mines! I have also experienced dropping through areas of rocks/structures and getting stuck. I have spent some time on the game and it is very frustrating when you have made good progress only to have the thing seize up! Today, something new.......I am not being awarded any XP points for anything I do! Great! I will be returning this game! Cheers, Ken
m3ss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 m3ss
Member since 2004 • 1163 Posts
Only about 10 hours in, but I haven't had any bugs yet. *knocks on wood* I took a few precautions to try and minimize the chances of something bad happening by installing the game to my HD, turning off Autosave (as I've read it is the cause of many of the issues), and saving early and often. I hope I don't encounter any really bad bugs, as I'm enjoying the game, but not enough to put up with that.
SuperHusk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SuperHusk
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I had and encounter where certain factions were hostile towards me, even though I was idolized by them. (BoS & NCR)
Zaggmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Zaggmeister
Member since 2004 • 136 Posts

I personally haven't played the game enough to run into many glitches and I will probably shelve the game until a patch comes out to solve many of them I've heard. I know that having a DLC package will increase the risk of a game breaking glitch. A friend had done almost everything in the game, went to load a save and it couldn't it. He tried every save he had and every one was glitched out. Had to start it over completely. Just another to add to the ones already mentioned on here.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
I'm getting the games for X-mas so hopefully they'll have a few more patches by then.
Samslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#9 Samslayer
Member since 2005 • 1852 Posts

I had one...HUGE...incident. I do not remember where I saved, but it corrupted my file, I ended up having to start all over. Shame on me for not having multiple saves.

However, having to start over made me try out the hardcore mode, and I absolutely love the game now! Since you are getting the game for xmas, make sure you check out the hardcore mode. To me, this particular addition to the game gives a much more realistic feel!

gundaicut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gundaicut
Member since 2010 • 456 Posts
Just dont buy this garbage on ps3 so horrible i had to return it for a 360 copy and ps3 has horrible lag/save issues and about 2hrs in u cant complete missions on the ps3