Fallout 3 = GOTY?

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ipromise3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 ipromise3
Member since 2005 • 188 Posts
How many of you think that fallout 3 will be this year's game of the year? i think sooo
7jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 7jack
Member since 2008 • 165 Posts

hell i hope not, what do u ppl see in this game? grey, post apocolytpic crap (literally crap) scattered around everywhere and u scrum around in filth.

looks boring as hell if u ask me, doesnt have the same flare as elderscrolls

and why is everything 1950s themed when this nuke went off in the yr 2077 according to the game!?!?!?

most overrated game of the yr if u ask me, nothing like oblivion in a bad way

7jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 7jack
not to mention the cover character is a direct rip off of a dark trooper from starwars, if u don't know what im talking about, just think of a storm trooper and u'll even see a vast resemblance
tktomo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 tktomo01
Member since 2008 • 1476 Posts

hell i hope not, what do u ppl see in this game? grey, post apocolytpic crap (literally crap) scattered around everywhere and u scrum around in filth.

and why is everything 1950s themed when this nuke went off in the yr 2077 according to the game!?!?!?

7jack
What people see in this game is great gameplay mechanics, gorgeous graphics, and RPG bliss, as well as shooter bliss. The game is themed 1950 style because before the bombs went off the world was at war and humanity couldn't find ways to evolve as far as the time period style goes.
7jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 7jack

i should just change my pic to a bucket of water, cause i just douced the fire of this topic,lol

but lets break out the defibs to revive this thrad...

LETS HEAR all the flack from the ppl who realise this is true and dropped $70 today!

tktomo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tktomo01
Member since 2008 • 1476 Posts
not to mention the cover character is a direct rip off of a dark trooper from starwars, if u don't know what im talking about, just think of a storm trooper and u'll even see a vast resemblance7jack
And the dark trooper from Star Wars only appeared in Star Wars BF, by which time three Fallout games had already been released. Your a failure kid.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#7 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

From what ive seen its very good (was watching my friend play it). Looks to have alot more rpg elements then Oblivion had and also has a MUCH better story.

I dont know if it iwll be GOTY or not, but its pretty dang good (i rate it a 9 from what ive seen and played).

So far i enjoyed these following games the most =

- Farcry 2 (PC)

- Crysis Warhead (PC)

- Tales Of Vesperia (360)

- NBA 2k9 (360)

- Fallout 3 (360)

- MGS4 (PS3)

Also LEFT4DEAD (PC) is my most anticipated game and Gears Of War 2 and Last Remnant on 360 look great to.

Microdevine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 Microdevine
Member since 2008 • 1126 Posts
i could definetly see it winning goty.either that or gta 4.i think the game would have scored even higher had it been hyped like **** crazy like (mgs 4 gta 4)i only saw one commercial for it.and it always seems like websites and magazines lean toward multiplats trying to be unbiased.which leads me to believe itll be gta 4 or fallout 3 (instead of mgs 4 or gears 2)
h2owizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 h2owizard
Member since 2007 • 1054 Posts

[QUOTE="7jack"]not to mention the cover character is a direct rip off of a dark trooper from starwars, if u don't know what im talking about, just think of a storm trooper and u'll even see a vast resemblancetktomo01
And the dark trooper from Star Wars only appeared in Star Wars BF, by which time three Fallout games had already been released. Your a failure kid.

woah hold on i think the dark troopers were in starwars dark forces long time ago which was an fps .....

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kozzy1234

i could definetly see it winning goty.either that or gta 4.i think the game would have scored even higher had it been hyped like **** crazy like (mgs 4 gta 4)i only saw one commercial for it.and it always seems like websites and magazines lean toward multiplats trying to be unbiased.which leads me to believe itll be gta 4 or fallout 3 (instead of mgs 4 or gears 2)Microdevine

Calling someone an idiot on a messageboard for videogames is a little childish man.

Avatar image for guitarsrock4eva
guitarsrock4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 guitarsrock4eva
Member since 2008 • 373 Posts

well in the reviews i have seen it is rated at least 9/10 or 10/10. sounds real rubbish dont it.:roll:

ign.com gave it a 10 for game play, 9 for graphics, 9.5 for presentation, 9.5 for sound and 9.5 for lasting appeal and it is rated better than the ps3 version

R7_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 R7_3
Member since 2006 • 1565 Posts
Game of the Year:D
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kozzy1234

u friggin jerks, u treat game ratings like written law as to the absolutness of a games entertainment value

if u listen to reviews and buy based on them i really really feel srry for your brain that never gets used to draw your own conclusions

7jack

Reviews never make me decide to buy a game or not. I decide for myself, reviews are nothing more then one persons opinion. And everyone has differnt opinions and likes differnt things.
yentar480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 yentar480
Member since 2007 • 5066 Posts
Game of the Year:DR7_3
QFT.
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

My copy just arrived not to long ago. I can't wait to play it.

:D

SgtNumNum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SgtNumNum
Member since 2008 • 1172 Posts
Even though Gears 2 is going to be awesome, i still think Fallout 3 is going to win GOTY, and y not its an badass game. I cant stop playing.
Daytona595

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Daytona595
Member since 2008 • 59 Posts

I'm a short little fat douche!

7jack

Geez thats not a very nice thing to say about yourself!

Avatar image for spunkster_basic
spunkster_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 spunkster_basic
Member since 2002 • 49 Posts

I'm both interested and worried.

I actually got the game for free due to a mix-up on Amazon's part (which is sweet), but I've never really enjoyed an RPG before.

I'm worried that the lame-looking combat will kill it for me.

Hard_Target

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 Hard_Target
Member since 2008 • 118 Posts

hell i hope not, what do u ppl see in this game? grey, post apocolytpic crap (literally crap) scattered around everywhere and u scrum around in filth.7jack

What do I see in this game? I see a very accurate depiction of the consequences mankind could suffer from our own greed and ignorance. I see it displayed in a very realistic manner. Not vibrantly enhanced for simple minded individuals such as you. As for the "crap" scattered everywhere...what else would you expect to see after nuclear warfare, pink bunnies handing out Best Buy gift cards? And by the way, you spelled apocalyptic wrong.

looks boring as hell if u ask me, doesnt have the same flare as elderscrolls7jack

There is a reason that it doesn't have the same "flare" as Elderscrolls. That reason is because it's NOT Elderscrolls. Wow...

and why is everything 1950s themed when this nuke went off in the yr 2077 according to the game!?!?!?7jack

This theme represents how we can build so much in life and then destroy it over something so trivial. I think it's themed that way to show how we would revert back to a simpler time, or "try again" since we obviously couldn't handle our technological advancements.

most overrated game of the yr if u ask me, nothing like oblivion in a bad way7jack

I'd say it's not for everyone, but again...the whole "not like Oblivion" aspect is completely rediculous. They weren't trying to recreate Oblivion when they made this. They intertwined the best of both worlds. Fallout's already credible series combined with Bethesda's unique take on how RPGs operate. A+.

Simple Jack = Grilled

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

I'm 30-40 hours in and I'd say it's very good, but it has also been a very good year for games. Personally the game feels a little too much like Oblivion for my tastes, but it kept all of the good from Fallout 1 and 2 so it's sufficiently different that I dont' feel like I'm playing the same game.

-Byshop

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Byshop  Moderator

Simple Jack = Grilled

Hard_Target

Everone knows you never go full retard ;)

-Byshop

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts
no. Ive played about 3 hours and its really boring so far.
Lostboy1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Lostboy1224
Member since 2007 • 3425 Posts
I knew this game was going to receive flak, cause of all hype and once that happens anything wrong with a game becomes magnified way too much. Does it look like the greatest game of all time? No, but it does look like its worth playing for some fun over the holidays.
Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Byshop  Moderator

I knew this game was going to receive flak, cause of all hype and once that happens anything wrong with a game becomes magnified way too much. Does it look like the greatest game of all time? No, but it does look like its worth playing for some fun over the holidays. Lostboy1224

Well, to be honest while Bethesda has put out some great games they've also put out some of the buggiest pieces of crap known to PC gaming (see Daggerfall). I was a little worried when I heard they had gotten the Fallout license but so far I think they've done a decent job.

To DJSAV_101 who referred to the game as a "snoose" fest in another thread, how far have you gotten? You have to at least get to the first town before the game reallys starts to get interesting. This is generally true of all good RPGs. They always have a semi-tutorial/introduction area that prepares you for the real game. Mass Effect had Eden Prime, Oblivion had the dungeon, etc. If you still don't like it, then maybe it's not your cup of tea.

You know what they say, "you snoose, you loose". :lol:

-Byshop

KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

User Lists: 1

#31 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts

no. Ive played about 3 hours and its really boring so far.DJSAV_101

yeah but what RPG is fun at first trust me the other Fallout games had the same impression on me just kepp playing and try to find kick ass equipment and weapons and your gonna have a fun time.

Alizerothree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#34 Alizerothree
Member since 2008 • 1043 Posts

i should just change my pic to a bucket of water, cause i just douced the fire of this topic,lol

but lets break out the defibs to revive this thrad...

LETS HEAR all the flack from the ppl who realise this is true and dropped $70 today!

7jack

I only dropped $60. Honestly, I'm stoked because I was a huge fan of FO1 and FO2. They had awesome RPG elements tied into a post apocolyptic atmoshpere. I have a feeling it will win GOTY.

MatV47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MatV47
Member since 2008 • 33 Posts
Some ppl say its good others say its bad. So i've got a question should I buy Fallout 3 or Far Cry 2??
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

7jack

So you're saying it looks boring as hell meaning you never played it? Wow saying a game sucks when you never played it. You've changed my mind about buying this game. I mean someone NEVER playing it would obviously know that the game sucks. By the way it's suppose to be different from Oblivion totally different game. By the way Oblivion was a watered down game that didn't even compare to Morrowind so stop acting like it's their best game.

Avatar image for NOS_MONSTER_666
NOS_MONSTER_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NOS_MONSTER_666
Member since 2008 • 186 Posts

7jack
The manuel says after WW2 the time period split. It was 1950s hair,cars,music etc. And the technology was advanced to 2077 stuff like robots and lasers. And then the japensese and Americans got into a nuke war.
Avatar image for 8732_YoungJeezy
8732_YoungJeezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#39 8732_YoungJeezy
Member since 2008 • 1656 Posts
I think its too early still
Dr_Snood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 Dr_Snood
Member since 2008 • 2547 Posts
I don't like it so far.
KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

User Lists: 1

#41 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts

alright im not trying to justify nukes don't cause mass destruction, im just saying it's a very uninteresting genre or theme all together, it F*N sucks! try playing battlefield Dora The Explorer, alright perfect gameplay mechanics and the game has perfect engine etc etc, but the F*N plot/theme SUCKS, that's what im saying about this game, maybe it's mastered built ground up (not cause they copied and pasted oblivions code) but the whole gay 1950s petafile kid thing is very gay what do u do, walk around and get into random scrums? yay!

u go to a bar and order like a NUka-Cola, very mature and complex story of man

very false, if a nuke hapened washington dc would be baren with no life not these mythical creatures that belong in the realm of oblivion, i'd have rather had it realistic depiction where the other 99.99% of the world is not nuked cause even if all the uranium in the world was extracted for nukes at least a whole hemisphere would survive.

then have the world that is intact go and do reconisance missions and have a more intesne style of gameplay like re4 or dead space when invesitgating the white house, NOT OBLIVION run and explore and do quests, like WTF!!?!?

things learnt:

oblivion is a great game

7jack

I'am not one to troll but dude just be quiet and don't post if you don't like the game that's great you don't need to keep emphasizing that you hate the game just stop wasting everyones' time and go to some other board.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#42 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Grand Theft Auto IV has it in the bag
halo3-player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 halo3-player
Member since 2006 • 6036 Posts
Definetly, awesome game by the way all of you talking trash, rent the game first.
solo4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 solo4321
Member since 2006 • 3338 Posts
Fable 2
Daytona595

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Daytona595

Fable 2 is garbagesolo4321

I agree.....

417alum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#46 417alum
Member since 2007 • 1468 Posts
I hope not... MGS4 would be the best choice.mjk_1
Daytona595

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Daytona595

alright im not trying to justify nukes don't cause mass destruction, im just saying it's a very uninteresting genre or theme all together, it F*N sucks! try playing battlefield Dora The Explorer, alright perfect gameplay mechanics and the game has perfect engine etc etc, but the F*N plot/theme SUCKS, that's what im saying about this game, maybe it's mastered built ground up (not cause they copied and pasted oblivions code) but the whole gay 1950s petafile kid thing is very gay what do u do, walk around and get into random scrums? yay!

u go to a bar and order like a NUka-Cola, very mature and complex story of man

very false, if a nuke hapened washington dc would be baren with no life not these mythical creatures that belong in the realm of oblivion, i'd have rather had it realistic depiction where the other 99.99% of the world is not nuked cause even if all the uranium in the world was extracted for nukes at least a whole hemisphere would survive.

then have the world that is intact go and do reconisance missions and have a more intesne style of gameplay like re4 or dead space when invesitgating the white house, NOT OBLIVION run and explore and do quests, like WTF!!?!?

things learnt:

oblivion is a great game

7jack

Your grammar makes my brain hurt....... You should stop posting now please, before somebody tries to nuke you and we end up in a world similiar to FO3, in which mutated, not mythical, creatures try to eat and tear everybody from limb to limb, but killing something with a teddy bear sure would be fun!

SirCokerThe9th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SirCokerThe9th
Member since 2008 • 682 Posts
It could be...it looks great, but gears has the graphics and story...hopefully its great...and i personally think CoD: World at War has a shot at it...I mean the ranking system and graphics are amazing and the ranking system is the best out there, and they introduced the zombie game in World at War...what more could you want?
SirCokerThe9th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SirCokerThe9th
Member since 2008 • 682 Posts

7jack
Wow...you are a failure.
TheMadGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 TheMadGamer
Member since 2003 • 8670 Posts
It's certainly not GOTY quality... it's between MGS4 and GTAIV, unless another game comes out that get's a 10