Excited for Assassin's Creed III?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Echo13791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 Echo13791
Member since 2004 • 5029 Posts

I absolutely loved the first two games (despite the repetitiveness of the first), but I got tired of brotherhood about halfway through and didn't even touch revelations. I was just wondering how the rest of the community felt about the upcoming game and if anyone had any idea that it would be set during the American Revolution. Personally, I'm pretty excited. It seems like the game will be more about roaming the wilderness than trolling around big cities. Also, check out my article on my gaming blog.

http://ocdgaming.org/2012/03/02/assassins-creed-iii/

FeiYenKen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 FeiYenKen
Member since 2010 • 247 Posts

Hey but there's, Assasin's Creed VII

MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 MercenaryMafia
Member since 2011 • 2917 Posts
I'm hyped. Finally, the true successor of AC2. This game will be epic.
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts

Very happy, I hope we'll still be able to free run and jump from building to building in massive cities and the idea of exploring revolution america sounds a great change of pace from the ancient world :) Just so long as they re-introduce the countryside aspect of the game, america's country side must be a spectacular place to explore in the revolution war era

wii60_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 wii60_3
Member since 2007 • 2017 Posts
5 games since 2008, never a good look
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 penpusher
5 games since 2008, never a good lookwii60_3
I wouldnt be to worried about that, they've stretched it a little so far they've all been consistantly excellent, thanks in large part because most of us actually enjoyed ezio and his story so much :) Hopefully the new character will be just as interesting and the change in setting will give the devs a perfect excuse to jazz up the formula enough to freshen it up
gamerfreak1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gamerfreak1991
Member since 2005 • 2501 Posts
Exactly why I stopped buying them after ACII. I think I'll pass on ACIII as well, just seems to be the same gameplay each game with a couple of new weapons that could've easily been released as DLC.
chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 chilly-chill
Member since 2010 • 8902 Posts
I'm all Assassined out, it's too much of a good thing. Like eating too much candy and ice cream. I done having shoved down my throat...
Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts

I'm happy and if I'm not mistaken this should be the last game. I believe Ubisoft stated that Assassin's Creed was always intended as a trilogy and well...this is the third game (obviously not THE third, but story wise). I for one hated Ezio in II and Brotherhood, but loved him in Revelations. I also absolutely loved Altair's storyline in Revelations. It was amazing. I thought it was the best of the series. Anyways, I'm excited for III. Playing in colonial America is going to be awesome, especially as a Native American wielding knives and tomahawks.

Also, I believe game informer stated there's an entirely new animation system including how you scale objects, since in III you will be able to climb trees and such. It's not just going to be rehashed like how Brotherhood and them felt.

Avatar image for JusticeFromSeed
JusticeFromSeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 JusticeFromSeed
Member since 2005 • 336 Posts

Ubisoft had said that the AC series would last a good decade...

I'm a huge fan, so I'm psyched. Especially for the new time period. While agree that weapons and what not from Brotherhood and Revelations could have been DLC, the story couldn't have been (not without a good 24 hour of downloading, at least...). I'm in it for the story, so I'm fine with the same gameplay.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

never really liked the AC series..maybe it was the game settings or somthing. im def gonna keep an eye on this one though because i like the era

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
They sure they don't want to make other pre series game one more time?. na i think i waited too long.
xGamePlayerx19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 xGamePlayerx19
Member since 2008 • 379 Posts

yea im majoly excited for this game. been a big an since the first one. even though the last couple were more or less very similar i understand their reasoning of doing it to show the end of Ezio, of which is one of my all time favorite characters.

Drakebunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Drakebunny
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts
I like AC1, and 2 (for the most part), BH was okay, and Revelations was bleh, but since they claim this game had a 3 year dev. cycle, I'm all for it.
bigpapi342007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bigpapi342007
Member since 2007 • 246 Posts
this game is going to be awesome
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

I enjoyed ACII but not Brotherhood or Revelations. This however has gotten me excited because of the setting and new protaganist, as well as some major gameplay changes (revamped combat being one of them).

Serial_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17 Serial_Killa
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Loved the first , the second was boring , Brotherhood was an abomination and Revelations was my favourite. So this one could go either way but I am hoping it is even better than Revelations. Not sure I like the idea of a Tomahawk as a main weapon but time will tell.

penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 penpusher
[QUOTE="wii60_3"]5 games since 2008, never a good lookgamerfreak1991
Exactly why I stopped buying them after ACII. I think I'll pass on ACIII as well, just seems to be the same gameplay each game with a couple of new weapons that could've easily been released as DLC.

To those saying "its the same gameplay" I would like to point out that they are all part of the same game series, I dont know what else you expect from games in the same series if not the same gameplay, especially when the gameplay style (free running and such) is a central defining aspect of it ... Its a good point, games like COD have milked their gameplay to death but Assassins creed's gameplay is, to me, still fresh since I cant say I've played many games like it, unlike shooters like COD which have clones comming out every month.
tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

Hell yea, hunting and seasons will be awesome.

Areyal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Areyal
Member since 2009 • 48 Posts

Played every one of them, loved every one of them but had thing for AC2. I got really hook with Ezio's story, loved the set etc. AC2 was a big improvement over AC1. So I'm really hyped to see what changes will bring AC3 to the gameplay. Not sure if I like the "colonial america" setting, but I have a open mind. If the game is well done, then it's going to be a hit for me anyway.

Hubadubalubahu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Hubadubalubahu
Member since 2005 • 1081 Posts

General consensus is excitement I believe. Im also in the category of not playing these last two games. Ill pick up where it should of three years ago. The AC story just didn't grip me enough to give them $120. If they wanted to tell a story they should of wrote a book. Would of been alot cheaper for alot of people. Negativity aside though, yeah im pretty excited.

penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 penpusher

General consensus is excitement I believe. Im also in the category of not playing these last two games. Ill pick up where it should of three years ago. The AC story just didn't grip me enough to give them $120. If they wanted to tell a story they should of wrote a book. Would of been alot cheaper for alot of people. Negativity aside though, yeah im pretty excited.

Hubadubalubahu
$120? They are all going for much less than that together now
Hubadubalubahu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Hubadubalubahu

[QUOTE="Hubadubalubahu"]

penpusher

Thank you sir nitpick but i'm pretty sure those games were probably about $60 new which is clearly what I was refering to. I am fully aware games decrease in value. Appreciate you for being so dense.

Warablo13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Warablo13
Member since 2009 • 1289 Posts
I liked the 1st, 2nd, and Brotherhood... Revelations I couldn't stick with it. So hopefully AC 3 will be fresh enough to be enjoyable to me...
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 penpusher

[QUOTE="penpusher"][QUOTE="Hubadubalubahu"]

Hubadubalubahu

Thank you sir nitpick but i'm pretty sure those games were probably about $60 new which is clearly what I was refering to. I am fully aware games decrease in value. Appreciate you for being so dense.

First of all theres no need to be insulting, its not clever and the fact that youre hidden away behind an internet connection doesnt prevent you looking like what youre acccusing me of being. Besides I think that at this point since the last ones release, quoting the rough combined total cost of them from release just struck me as a bit pointless and I was just POLITELY pointing it out incase you hadnt checked. You'd be suprised how many people dont check.
Hubadubalubahu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Hubadubalubahu

[QUOTE="Hubadubalubahu"]

[QUOTE="penpusher"] $120? They are all going for much less than that together nowpenpusher

First of all theres no need to be insulting, its not clever and the fact that youre hidden away behind an internet connection doesnt prevent you looking like what youre acccusing me of being. Besides I think that at this point since the last ones release, quoting the rough combined total cost of them from release just struck me as a bit pointless and I was just POLITELY pointing it out incase you hadnt checked. You'd be suprised how many people dont check.

Then you politely completly missed what I said. Dont you have a bridge to be under or something.

penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 penpusher

[QUOTE="penpusher"][QUOTE="Hubadubalubahu"]

Hubadubalubahu

Then you politely completly missed what I said. Dont you have a bridge to be under or something.

........ Not even going there with you kid, only you thought that was clever.
Hubadubalubahu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Hubadubalubahu

[QUOTE="Hubadubalubahu"]

[QUOTE="penpusher"] First of all theres no need to be insulting, its not clever and the fact that youre hidden away behind an internet connection doesnt prevent you looking like what youre acccusing me of being. Besides I think that at this point since the last ones release, quoting the rough combined total cost of them from release just struck me as a bit pointless and I was just POLITELY pointing it out incase you hadnt checked. You'd be suprised how many people dont check.penpusher

........ Not even going there with you kid, only you thought that was clever.

Look you misunderstood what I was saying and I thought you were trying to be a typical internet know it all. This is a common misunderstanding that happens everyday on the internet. Im not a "kid" although that may make you feel like a badass. Im sorry you took what I said out of context and im sorry I took what you said wrong all be it a pointless thing to say if you would of just read what my original post was. If you took time to read what I was saying maybe we wouldnt be having this conversation.

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
This one has me more hyped than the last two games. I can't wait!
Dexter-010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30 Dexter-010
Member since 2011 • 494 Posts
I like this franchise. In my opinion it has one of the best storylines in the gaming history. Currently I'm busy with AC: Brotherhood, and after I'm done with Brotherhood I'll start Revelations (I've the limited collectors edition)
Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#31 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Can't wait to hatchet those damn redcoats! SH*T IS GOING DOWN ON CAPITOL HILL

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
i cant wait for AC3
BiThBhE0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BiThBhE0
Member since 2008 • 1643 Posts
I was somewhat disappointed in revelations. I mean, it was still a really good game but it just felt like more of the same. I wish I would've waited to get it on sale. I just didn't like what they added. The first person platforming and the den defense was really stupid. And they really didn't do much with the multiplayer this time around so I wasn't into it like I was with brotherhood. But 3 looks to be very interesting. A new lead character, set in a new time and lots of new gameplay features.
TheSwinginDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TheSwinginDude
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I don't like the approach that they're using, where they're pumping out a new game each year, but in one of the Ubisoft interviews, they said that they've been planning Assassin's Creed III since the launch of Assassin's Creed II, and that Brotherhood and Revelations were meant to keep us occupied for the most part. Not to say that those two games were just filler, but Assassin's Creed III will be much more of an impact on the series than Brotherhood and Revelations. I'm damned excited.
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#35 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

I absolutely loved the first two games (despite the repetitiveness of the first), but I got tired of brotherhood about halfway through and didn't even touch revelations. I was just wondering how the rest of the community felt about the upcoming game and if anyone had any idea that it would be set during the American Revolution. Personally, I'm pretty excited. It seems like the game will be more about roaming the wilderness than trolling around big cities. Also, check out my article on my gaming blog.

Echo13791

A Assassins creed in America with a native american? nah cant say that i am looking forward to that, its going to lack the sosphicating that there was in Europe :(

So like Revalations i think this will be a huge failure.

HadronVulture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 HadronVulture
Member since 2012 • 198 Posts
I have a feeling that AC III will blow us away.:D
Drakebunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Drakebunny
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

[QUOTE="Echo13791"]

Jacanuk

A Assassins creed in America with a native american? nah cant say that i am looking forward to that, its going to lack the sosphicating that there was in Europe :(

So like Revalations i think this will be a huge failure.

Sophisticating what, exactly?
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#38 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

Exactly.

It's too much.

bessy67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 bessy67
Member since 2007 • 1734 Posts

I would have much preferred feudal Japan as a setting. I hope Ubisoft at least got Mel Gibson to reprise his role in The Patriot: The Videogame...

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#40 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Hubadubalubahu
I think the generel consensus is disapointment. Or thats what i am getting from various forums, America in 1777 in the midst of the independence war seems very out of place.
Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#41 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

i think it looks great. wish revalations was abit better but non the less it was a good play 10/30/12

mark1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mark1982
Member since 2004 • 425 Posts
I just hope they change it up a bit, meaning the missions, gaining new weapons and armor, recruiting... not the same old missions from Brotherhood or Revelations. I was a bit surprised when I played Revelations that it's basically the same game as Brotherhood, just in a different environment. The gaining of weapons, buying stores, collecting money from banks, upgrading... all the same. It's tiresome to be honest, I stopped after few missions in. Something new to the AssCreed genre will make me play another I suppose.
riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#43 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

Hell yea I am. Still need to finish Revelation first though..