Does MLB 2K9 have a good franchise mode?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for tehsystemwarior
tehsystemwarior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tehsystemwarior
Member since 2009 • 1812 Posts

I'm a HUGE baseball fan, but I've never loved playing the actual video game by , it takes way too long. But I have always loved a franchise mode. So does MLB have a good franchise mode? I mean, do they have good drafting, trading, free agent, and game simulation, and just general team management?

JJS08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JJS08
Member since 2005 • 53 Posts

Yes, it does have a good franchise mode in terms of depth, but the actual gameplay of the game is so buggy, glitchy and just straight horrible that it is probably not worth paying over $20 for. If you can get it for cheaper than that, which you probably can, go for it.

tehsystemwarior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tehsystemwarior

Yes, it does have a good franchise mode in terms of depth, but the actual gameplay of the game is so buggy, glitchy and just straight horrible that it is probably not worth paying over $20 for. If you can get it for cheaper than that, which you probably can, go for it.

JJS08
So, if I were to get it just for Franchise and game simulation, but for actually playing it, I'd be okay?
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#4 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

[QUOTE="JJS08"]

tehsystemwarior

So, if I were to get it just for Franchise and game simulation, but for actually playing it, I'd be okay?

Yes. You can do the pitch by pitch simulation too so you can actually be making all the decisions for the game and see how it plays out. It's a sweet feature. And if you felt like jumping in for a few swings you can.

tehsystemwarior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tehsystemwarior

[QUOTE="tehsystemwarior"][QUOTE="JJS08"]

nickdastick

Yes. You can do the pitch by pitch simulation too so you can actually be making all the decisions for the game and see how it plays out. It's a sweet feature. And if you felt like jumping in for a few swings you can.

Awesome, thanks. That sounds awesome. I think'll have to get the game now. Not waiting to pay 60 bucks for 2k10, thats a rip.