does glyde work?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

twg4872

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 twg4872
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

i recently bought the orange box on gylde and i was wandering if it worked

celebate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 celebate
Member since 2005 • 341 Posts

Yes ... I have bought several games from Glyde.. Good site for games at a great price :)

mr_stumpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mr_stumpy
Member since 2004 • 41 Posts

I have been looking www.glyde.com and I am unsure about getting a game. A lot of the deals are really good. I just was wondering if any one has purchased from them.

XxFireHawkXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 XxFireHawkXx
Member since 2009 • 512 Posts

I have also been very curious about this site.. Has anyone bought a game from it?

mr_stumpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mr_stumpy

does anyone have info about this website.

XxFireHawkXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 XxFireHawkXx
Member since 2009 • 512 Posts

Based on these user reviews...

http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.glyde.com

I'm staying away.

LostSoul781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LostSoul781
Member since 2003 • 1630 Posts

What the heck is Glyde. Never heard of it.

LostSoul781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LostSoul781

Based on these user reviews...

http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.glyde.com

I'm staying away.

XxFireHawkXx

thanks for the warning. I'm with with you

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

yeah their brand new and used prices are shifty wa too low i mean theres a deal and then theres a scam.

jbarry89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 jbarry89
Member since 2010 • 47 Posts

They seem to be along the same lines of Bidcactus and those kinds of things.

My rule of thumb with any scam has always been "If it's stated that little effort is required to maintain very positive results, and it involves a debit/credit card, stay away." It doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, but if you keep that in mind with all things, you may save yourself a costly trip to the bank.

Whether or not it's safe, it's safer still to stay away - what's worth more to you: Saving 10 dollars on a game, or saving your important information and the things that go with it?

LostSoul781

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LostSoul781

I only trust Amazon when it comes to buying things.

mr_stumpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mr_stumpy

I have recently used www.glyde.com to sell cod mw2 and splinter cell conviction. In both cases I have received the money for them both and I'm currently waiting for a game to be shipped to me. The money given is in the form of a credit but you can deposit to your account or have glyde mail you a check for two dollars. The deposit to your account is free but you have to pay for a check to be mailed to you.

I am very happy with this website and I would whole heartedly recommend this. Just remember that glyde is a third party between the buyers and sellers akin to ebay.

dude_man123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 dude_man123
Member since 2010 • 26 Posts

I'm also currently waiting for two games. I think it's pretty good, it looks like a scam. But it's not. I think Gamestop is more of a scam when selling games. If I were you, you should try it, buy a game and go from there.

Vault_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Vault_Monkey
Member since 2010 • 209 Posts

Let's just say that you won't catch me using Glyde. I have read horrible reviews from nearly all of its visitors. That website is very unorganized. Why risk it when there are plenty of dependable websites out there, like amazon, ebay, and gamestop? They offer decent prices.

martinX3X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 martinX3X
Member since 2009 • 4488 Posts

ive bought 7 games from glyde and it all worked out fine. They respond to you questions fast, and check to see if everythings ok.

kisorsosay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kisorsosay
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

i recently bought the orange box on gylde and i was wandering if it worked

twg4872
Buy games from Glyde. Don't sell IMO. Yes the site works but I have a feeling it has special incentitives for certan sellers. It seems like every game I've tried to sell is so underpriced I'd be stupid not to go to eBay and let them rape me on both ends. (seller fees and paypal fees) Just 1 Example. Gears of War 1. I can sell the game for a MAX price of $3.25 for an excellent copy of the game. But they have copies of the game in GOOD condition selling for $23.00 and even a copy that's just the disk for $6.50. So I can make a maxium of $1.68 (after mailer deductions) on my perfect brand new game (minus the shrink wrap) for three times less then just the game disk? Same thing for Gears of War 2 and all the halo games. Those are the ones that I recall but I know there are tons of issues like this after going through my 100+ game library to see what was worth it to sell. They say they rate on a market value system which must be done by monkeys. eBay has the market value of Gears of War 1 from $9-12 for an excellent copy. But again, I believe these prices are fixed on private companies cornering the market on this site. Even games that they only have new copies available for sale, which are in the $30-50 range trying to sell used copies go for under $5.00. Trying to controll the sales just a little? Also, they sell new copies of the Tony Hawk skateboard games (with skateboard) and DJ Hero games (with turntables) brand new but "currently do not sell used copies of these types of games" Not sure if it's because they can't determine if the hardware is broken or not but the same can be said about the games, movies and now iPads they sell. And I can't even sell it as NEW, so yeah, I smell Bull S#it. It's a great service to buy a game if it's below ebay prices because quite frankly if you're buying something off the internet it really doesn't matter who its from becasue either way you still have to wait for it to arrive. You pay store prices at stores to have it instantly in your hand. We go online for the best deals. Main point. Buy games from Glyde and pass on selling them there. I know it seems backwards seeing if no product then nothing to buy. But I'm pretty sure the commerical sellers that have something set up with the webmaster will still be there selling their stuff. Stick with eBay to sell your games, you will get the best price for them.
ChiefFreeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17 ChiefFreeman
Member since 2005 • 5667 Posts

Glyde is great. You can find some great deals on there. I use it here with Gamespot Marketplace often. The downside is you might make a few less dollars then selling it on Ebay, but the difference is often little to nothing. And Gamestop wouldn't give you more for the games you want to sell on Glyde, unless you maybe had an Edge card. I really like Glyde.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#18 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

i bought one game it worked great, i had no issue.

It's a website like ebay/ amazon for the iduvisual person lookign to sell theier video game. but unlike amazon/ebay ect it's just for video games

Captain_SOAP_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Captain_SOAP_
Member since 2009 • 542 Posts

I have several times. Really good prices no problems so far but shipping takes a bit too long.

yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
Please don't bump an old thread.