Does anyone else disagree with GameSpot's rating of SW: The Force Unleashed?????

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tigerman950

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 Tigerman950
Member since 2005 • 2516 Posts

It only got a 7.5 but I downloaded the demo and I thought it was incredible, definitely deserved more than what it got on here.

ANYONE ELSE DISAGREE???????

johnny41252

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 johnny41252
Member since 2003 • 928 Posts
Yeah. I disagree. The actual game is 10 times better than the demo and its at least a 9!!! I dont know where the hell they got a 7.5!!!!
El-Visitante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 El-Visitante
Member since 2007 • 1137 Posts
Meh, it was k.
Sedoras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sedoras
Member since 2005 • 256 Posts
Don't judge from the Demo. if this weren't a Star Wars Game, it would be in the 5.x range. Gamespot is right: When the game rocks, it rocks hard. The Story is awesome and force lightning on a bunch of enemies is worth the money alone. On the other hand: The game is repetetive, the camera is really bad and the targeting system is even worse at times (No, target that big guy over there. No NOT the stone! ARGH!!!!!!), and then there are of course the bugs like a known freeze bug in the last level of the second Act. Speaking of that level: The Boss fight could have been so epic, if it weren't for the bad controls. Just a hint: You can use force lightning at that fight. So i think 7.5 is absolutely OK - the game is not really stellar, but it's a Star Wars game with a really great presentation and a story that is better than the whole prequel trilogy. Seriously.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I thought the demo was awful

Also so far reading different sites there's one boss battle that can be done entirely with a glitch. I don't think you can rate a game high that has problems that big.

C-Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 C-Lee
Member since 2008 • 5838 Posts

Its the right score.

The game is 8 hours and there no replayability. wonky controlls, but fun at times

TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#7 TX360
Member since 2008 • 4051 Posts
jayson you don't like the good games first mercs 2 now this what next gears 2 HA!
dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts
its the only score that i actully agree with on gs.
SEEN187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 SEEN187
Member since 2006 • 275 Posts

Don't judge from the Demo. if this weren't a Star Wars Game, it would be in the 5.x range. Gamespot is right: When the game rocks, it rocks hard. The Story is awesome and force lightning on a bunch of enemies is worth the money alone. On the other hand: The game is repetetive, the camera is really bad and the targeting system is even worse at times (No, target that big guy over there. No NOT the stone! ARGH!!!!!!), and then there are of course the bugs like a known freeze bug in the last level of the second Act. Speaking of that level: The Boss fight could have been so epic, if it weren't for the bad controls. Just a hint: You can use force lightning at that fight. So i think 7.5 is absolutely OK - the game is not really stellar, but it's a Star Wars game with a really great presentation and a story that is better than the whole prequel trilogy. Seriously.Sedoras

I don't think the game was repetitive, if you think thats repetitive you should try God of War or any other platformer. I agree with you that the targeting sucks but its not that bad.Everything else I agree with.

Should havegotten an 8.0.

C-Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 C-Lee

jayson you don't like the good games first mercs 2 now this what next gears 2 HA!TX360

mercs 2 is terrible

ck02623

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 ck02623
Member since 2003 • 1534 Posts

[QUOTE="TX360"]jayson you don't like the good games first mercs 2 now this what next gears 2 HA!C-Lee

mercs 2 is terrible

Because you have it...

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts

No. Let the reviewers review the games. The game was definitely mediocre and deserved the score it got.

[QUOTE="C-Lee"]

[QUOTE="TX360"]jayson you don't like the good games first mercs 2 now this what next gears 2 HA!ck02623

mercs 2 is terrible

Because you have it...

Does he need to have it? The general consensus on the game is that it isn't too good of a game.

mreric333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mreric333
Member since 2007 • 37 Posts
I felt 7.5 was a bit harsh as the game was Sweet and i love it. I do however dislike the fact that the game gets frustrating when you are surrounded by 50 enemies in confined spaces and cant do stuff.
C-Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 C-Lee
[QUOTE="C-Lee"]

[QUOTE="TX360"]jayson you don't like the good games first mercs 2 now this what next gears 2 HA!ck02623

mercs 2 is terrible

Because you have it...

Avatar image for CrazyGamer02149
CrazyGamer02149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CrazyGamer02149
Member since 2008 • 216 Posts
yea demo was sick...gettin game soon
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

nope it got what it earned its another very mediocre star wars cash in i bet all the people that thinks its deserves beter are star wars fans because its just not that good. i dont understand why theres so much hate for GS

two human, mercs 2, two human

all bad or average people that think these games deserve 8s,9s or even 10s are crazy

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#17 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts

Yeah. I disagree. The actual game is 10 times better than the demo and its at least a 9!!! I dont know where the hell they got a 7.5!!!!johnny41252

I agree.

SexyPorkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SexyPorkins
Member since 2007 • 1222 Posts
I think it deserved higher than a 7.5, but it does have quite a few flaws. And it is rather short.
CanadaSpeed1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 CanadaSpeed1
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

This game rocks ; you feel the "dark side" - the immension factor is that good. Does it have some issues - yes - are they game killers? no way. I have played almost every star wars game out there; and this - in terms of action types - beats them hands down. Does it beat Kotor? No ; Kotor is a different kind of game.

If you are a star wars fan ; get it this game. Story and being a dark lord - that can not be beat. Like other star wars games; this one requires you think a bit - it is not a "rubber banded" game so to speak. But the action is fast and furious ; and you real feel like you are the character. That is the mark of a great game.

If you are not a star wars fan ; this game will make you feel like a bad ass with super powers.

D

Star-Killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Star-Killer
Member since 2008 • 1883 Posts
What I don't understand how games like Oblivion which are awesome but frustrating glitchy get 9.5s but this couldn't atleast get something in the 8-9 range
legendaryryanj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 legendaryryanj
Member since 2008 • 104 Posts
I would have given it at least an 8. It does have alot of glitches in it. It can also be, at times, very frustrating. All in all, however, I think the guys and gals at gamespot gave it a fair rating.
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts
no because it got the same complaints as Mercs 2 yet scored 2.5 higher. overated it is
harrison2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 harrison2008
Member since 2008 • 34 Posts
i think it deserved a 8.0 because after your done the story there's nothing to do
ACAClA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ACAClA
Member since 2008 • 1186 Posts

i disagree, it should have gotten a lower score. its just like any other game, the force gets old after a while, and i just find myself just tappin buttons, this game is exactly like viking : asgard. the way you finish big enemies is just hitting a b x at a certain time, thats not fun.

RENT THIS GAME do not buy

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts

What I don't understand how games like Oblivion which are awesome but frustrating glitchy get 9.5s but this couldn't atleast get something in the 8-9 rangeStar-Killer

It's because Oblivion was overrated. If you compare The Force Unleashed to Gears of War or Oblivion, it won't seem like it was THAT far off - and I believe it's because neither of those games were 9.0+ worthy in the first place.

raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#26 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
You played the demo. The demo is great. Now play it for the whole game with pretty much the same mechanics the whole time. With boss battles that are mostly a defence battle with the occasional lucky hit and numerous other things... I did a full review for it that details it, but I think they overrated it a little. For a Star Wars fan though the game is probably a must play... But I think the score was a little high, probably due to 'hype' demands.
naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
i agree but its a star wars game
Swoopdawhoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Swoopdawhoop
Member since 2007 • 103 Posts

How did oblivion get 9.0+ and this 7.5 you ask.

Let's see

Oblivion

Pros: Great story(IMO), good gameplay, tons of hour to spend(Alot of people have 200+), great immersion into the world, great sidequests, best graphic of its time(Still quite good now), giganmongus world(Yes I just invented a word to describe the world, deal with it)

Cons: Leveling system is not rewarding, glitches.

TFU

Pros: Great story(IMO, but if you don't like starwars chances are you won't care much), good gameplay( Nothing new or special, most things in the game have already been done), great graphics and physics

Cons: Leveling system has no debt(If you think otherwise you're funny), ''Puzzles'' that can be resolved by 2 year olds since you get like big scraps of metal that start glowing, boss battles are really just blocking, hitting, blocking QTE(Looks cool, doesn't play very nice), glitches, way to easy even on the hardest setting.

So yea, don't compare the 2 games because you'll realise TFU is just really a below average game that got 7.5 because it has the star wars license. It's still enjoyable but was lucky to get 7.5

Desperados11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Desperados11
Member since 2004 • 525 Posts

the rating was fair

the bugs they described are there and the game was really short

but there is some replayability since the achievements are kinda fun and the costumes and lightsabers are great

all in all I think it was the Wii,DS,PSP,PS2 versions that ruined this game :D

took the attention of the developers off the main seller

dlindenb2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -11

#30 dlindenb2000
Member since 2005 • 4750 Posts
I agree with you, it shouldn't have gotten 7.5, it should have gotten 5.
Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
I'm not exactly sure. I only played the demo even though I found a few problems with it, the retail version of it is probably a whole lot better. A 7.5 would've be my score for the demo so GS's could've been a bit higher.
Sedoras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Sedoras
Member since 2005 • 256 Posts

I thought the demo was awful

Also so far reading different sites there's one boss battle that can be done entirely with a glitch. I don't think you can rate a game high that has problems that big.

Jaysonguy
In large open areas, enemies don't react if you are a certain distance away. There is a battle with an AT-ST which you can win by standing a mile away and just throw stuff at it.
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Member since 2007 • 5749 Posts
This game is amazing , i mean the things you can do for a star wars game is unbelievable ... i mean its not a KOTOR but its really good and it makes you use the force in many different and epic ways , the game in my eyes deserves a 9.5 , heck i had more fun playing this then GTA IV . [ Sure GTA IV was fun for the moment and after you are done with the single player...its done but this keeps me getting back more , more and more. ]
EvilAshTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 EvilAshTwin
Member since 2008 • 690 Posts
Heres a question to the OP. did you actually read the review or just take one look at the score and decided it was unfair? If you actually read the review you would probably agree with everything that was written. Heck so far Ive only played the demo and I agree with everything in the review.
julianwelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 julianwelton
Member since 2006 • 2526 Posts
It's a solid 8.0 in my book.
VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

Forget the score. I actually read the article.

Although there are a couple minor points I have a problem with, for the most part, I agree with the reviewer.

stabbystabstab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 stabbystabstab
Member since 2008 • 1019 Posts

Yeah the games the bomb.

I'm nearly finished on sith master. The game cheats you on that setting. Still a walk in the park compared to ninjagaiden2

Avatar image for Soulreavercross
Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#38 Soulreavercross
Member since 2003 • 19890 Posts
Star Wars is overrated. The game should have gotten a 6.0 max
division_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 division_9
Member since 2005 • 649 Posts
I disagree heavily with the 7.5 rating. It was too high.
ck02623

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 ck02623
Member since 2003 • 1534 Posts

No. Let the reviewers review the games. The game was definitely mediocre and deserved the score it got.

[QUOTE="ck02623"][QUOTE="C-Lee"]

[QUOTE="TX360"]jayson you don't like the good games first mercs 2 now this what next gears 2 HA!GodLovesDead

mercs 2 is terrible

Because you have it...

Does he need to have it? The general consensus on the game is that it isn't too good of a game.

Um yes. You need to have actually PLAYED something before you can give it any kind of quality rating period. If you don't then you're what I call a "sheep." If you rate something without playing it then your opinion is completely irrelevant and useless.

damedash122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 damedash122
Member since 2005 • 517 Posts

yea i thought the review was a bit fair i guess maybe it could have gotten a little higher! the story was amazing and using the force is a hell of a lot of fun! i started sith master for my 2nd playthrough and i am still enjoying the game!

EvilAshTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 EvilAshTwin
Member since 2008 • 690 Posts

Um yes. You need to have actually PLAYED something before you can give it any kind of quality rating period. If you don't then you're what I call a "sheep." If you rate something without playing it then your opinion is completely irrelevant and useless.

ck02623

When has a minor thing like actually playing a game ever stopped anyone from registering their opinion on whether or not a game is good. Go into the Sony forum and ask based on games that have already come out, what they think will be GOTY, majority answer will be Resistance 2. Sure some will actually pay attention to the question and say MGS4, however all they'll see is Game + GOTY. Now go into the 360 forum and ask based on on games that have already come out, what game do they think will be GOTY. Majority answer will be Gears 2 again completely ignoring the question, and again you'll get some straggler answers like CoD4 (which it cant because it came out last year).

Best thing to do is try not to argue semantics like a game hasnt actually been released, or if theyve actually played it before joining the bandwagon of goodness........or hate.

Although for the record I do agree with what you said.

Teh_Total_Nub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Teh_Total_Nub
Member since 2005 • 487 Posts

Critic Score 7.337 reviews

Nuff said.

Kaizersozey83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Kaizersozey83
Member since 2004 • 141 Posts
absolutely not. the game is decent, but not great.
johnny41252

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 johnny41252
Member since 2003 • 928 Posts

"Heck so far Ive only played the demo and I agree with everything in the review."

And that is EXACTLY the problem with people voicing there opinion in these forums. If you have NOT played the game, then you dont know what you are talking about.

ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#46 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts
I think they were a bit too generous actually, didn't even come close to say the Jedi Knight games for example.
Avatar image for armydominican69
armydominican69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 armydominican69
Member since 2008 • 4146 Posts

Im sick of these ridiculous topics, Basically in the long run it comes down to "PERSONAL OPINION", just because YOU may think the game deserves a specific score doesnt really mean anything, thats YOUR PERSONAL OPINION, same for the gamespot reviewer or reviewer group/team whatever, that was that person's desicion or group/team's general concensus for the score

Now think for a second, and switch up the roles, the gamespot reviewer/review group/team, and you switch, you make the call for what score it gets, and them being the average gamer, and i gaurantee the scores would be what you want, and they would gripe about it being to high

basically the point im trying to make here is, these types of topics are pointless, and in all honesty, your juss complaing because u like the game more than anyone else and you want others to like it

personally i dont give 2 F***S about starwars all-together

o and earlier i said, reviewer/review group/team, because i dont know if its one or a group of ppl that rate the games

killer_marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#48 killer_marc
Member since 2005 • 137 Posts
Now that shouldn't be a topic, for rating a game is entirely a personnal opinion, people may or may not agree.
Assassin_651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Assassin_651
Member since 2008 • 105 Posts

i absolutley disagree with it, the demo sucks compared to the full game because you didn't have as many powers as you do in the game but when i got the demo i thought that was great.

the reviews say that the targeting is a problem but it isn't you just have to try harder to pick up what you want, also they say that the game pauses when there is a lot of stuff going on, it does but only for a split second.

fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 fenwickhotmail
Member since 2004 • 7308 Posts
Not really, it gets pretty repetitive and frankly boring by the end. Plus it's short and lacks any kind of multi-player.