Do you want xbox live to be free.

• 50 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jasper1675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jasper1675
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I see lots of post wanting to make xbox live free, so I pose this question.

If you knew how to create a xbox live gold account that never expired for free what would you do.

Pay the $50 a year anyway because stealing is wrong, because without paying xbox live would suffer and the service would not be as good.

Take advantage of it because Microsoft has lots of money.

Tell everyone you knew, post it to message boards.

Report it to Microsoft.

Set up a cottage industry selling the directions and make $250,000 a year off it.

ricketyrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ricketyrack
Member since 2007 • 557 Posts
ermm no but i wouldnt mind gold been free as long as the chating and playing wasnt as bad as the ps3's :P
adams_73717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 adams_73717
Member since 2004 • 1660 Posts
NO!!! XBOX LIVE SHOULDN'T BE FREE!! i don't want a awesome service go down the drain. if xbl was free all of the xbla games, themes and extras that you get would go up in ms points. and we wouldnt get as many updates then we do. SO PLEASE QUITCOMPLAINING ABOUT PAYING $50.00 A YEAR. I perfer to pay for the the services that i am recieveing just to play on line with ppl i know and. i think its more fun to play agenst ppl that i dont know. or meet over the service.
j-killer-316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 j-killer-316
Member since 2007 • 413 Posts
no. xbox live shouldnt be free at all. it will just ruin the service. i really dont see why people are complaining about making it free when some of them have like a million games, all they have to do is just pay 50 dollars a year. if you dont like xbox live then just dont get it and go play a ps3 with crappy online games like warhak and resistance
bazanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 bazanger
Member since 2004 • 2838 Posts
no, i really don't. as someone already stated XBLA games and themes would go up. plus i know $50 is a lot to some people (not really) but it's really, really, not that much. you pay something like 7 cents a day for an awesome system.
Avatar image for strokersmoker07
strokersmoker07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 strokersmoker07
Member since 2007 • 199 Posts

free is the way to be

on most thing but i think gold is better if you have to pay bc i dont want to play with a bunch of butt monkeys

Gokuja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gokuja
Member since 2005 • 3767 Posts

I love it when someone makes these topics, i get to watch all the PS3 has bad online crap. who out of you owns and plays online on one? and your lucky im not reporting you b/c its against TOS to talk about PS3 on here.

but to let you guys know, PS3 has very very little lag online (besides for crappy online games like The Darkness, which was bad on all systems), which is not what you can say about XBL. thats actually my motto right now, XBL should be lag free. just made it out of fun for the people putting up xbl should be free, but its still true. I want my $50 going towards that instead of stupid little features that are really pointless and useless for online gaming. Just let me see what my friends are playing, let me join them and talk to them, and let it be lag free...thats all you need, nothing more.

as for paying, I'm fine with it, like everyone else said, its $50 a year. but just get rid of the lag

Thigeic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 Thigeic
Member since 2004 • 1083 Posts

Report it to MS, becouse its better then getting people banned.

I dont want Xbox Live to before if it do anything with the quality. I prefer paying, so thay can develop and make it better all the time

bssauter13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bssauter13
Member since 2007 • 545 Posts
i love how people say it is 50 dollars a yr. its more then that, u have to buy the actual internet you use, pay the electric bill 2. its alot more then 50dollars a yr
jarhead1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 jarhead1990
Member since 2005 • 2079 Posts
Jesus christ people it's $50 dollars a year!
Gokuja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Gokuja
Member since 2005 • 3767 Posts

i love how people say it is 50 dollars a yr. its more then that, u have to buy the actual internet you use, pay the electric bill 2. its alot more then 50dollars a yrbssauter13

well duh i think everyone knows that. you pay that so you have electicity and internet use, not soley for xbl. but paying $50 a year gets you more out of those 2 services.

xDragon47x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 xDragon47x
Member since 2005 • 271 Posts

I love it when someone makes these topics, i get to watch all the PS3 has bad online crap. who out of you owns and plays online on one? and your lucky im not reporting you b/c its against TOS to talk about PS3 on here.

but to let you guys know, PS3 has very very little lag online (besides for crappy online games like The Darkness, which was bad on all systems), which is not what you can say about XBL. thats actually my motto right now, XBL should be lag free. just made it out of fun for the people putting up xbl should be free, but its still true. I want my $50 going towards that instead of stupid little features that are really pointless and useless for online gaming. Just let me see what my friends are playing, let me join them and talk to them, and let it be lag free...thats all you need, nothing more.

as for paying, I'm fine with it, like everyone else said, its $50 a year. but just get rid of the lag

Gokuja

Your joking right, It's online play, lag will alays be around. Even when you don't think it's there it's their.

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

I'm not big on stealing, but I wouldn't go calling MS either. What people do is their business and if it doesn't directly affect me, then I'd rather not interfere. People are free to live their own lives, and to accept the consequences of doing so. But I'm not an enforcer of karma, nor am I a cop.

As far as Xbox Live being free? If it didn't alter the quality of the service, then absolutely. But if it meant that the service would turn into PS3's PSN or Wii's... whatever it's called... then I'll stick with paying my $50, thanks.

zael99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 zael99
Member since 2005 • 369 Posts
I don't want it free but at a reduced price. $70 in Canada is a bit too much. If it were around $25 I'd be happy because it stops people from making fake accounts while at the same time I don't have to pay as much. ^_^
noambartouv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 noambartouv
Member since 2006 • 717 Posts
keep to myself muhahahahahah
Radiozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Radiozo
Member since 2006 • 2413 Posts
No. I say charge more so we get rid of the damn kiddies that dont know how to behave :D
unmach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 unmach
Member since 2007 • 352 Posts

your lucky im not reporting you b/c its against TOS to talk about PS3 on here.Gokuja

Its against the rules to "bring up the PS3 in the 360 forum solely for the purpose of trolling", so no, nobody is "lucky" that you didn't report anything. And don't be like that anyway, people say that PSHome sucks in comparison to XBL because it does.

SaintsRowSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 SaintsRowSam
Member since 2006 • 2807 Posts
nahh id rather pay for something good then getting it for free and being crappy
Avatar image for MJ0LNIR_SPARTAN
MJ0LNIR_SPARTAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MJ0LNIR_SPARTAN
Member since 2007 • 409 Posts
No I would not want it to be free. The community would be even worse because it's free. There would be even more kids and scrubs. The quality would be less as well. Just look at PSN. I do have a PoS3 and PSN so I can speak from a first hand expierence. Yeah, it's free and it's pretty good for being free, but it doesn not offer everything XBL does and come on $4 a month. Video games are a privledge. They aren't for everyone.
French023

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 French023
Member since 2005 • 1291 Posts

most of my friends that have xboxliveshouldbefree in thier mottos are either new to the system or are just stupid. they dont realize that if xbl was free what would happen to it. After having it for 6 monthes now i really really really appricaite xbl and am fine paying for it. Though the price is high i use it everyday so im not tripping

Avatar image for MJ0LNIR_SPARTAN
MJ0LNIR_SPARTAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MJ0LNIR_SPARTAN
Member since 2007 • 409 Posts
People who have xboxliveshouldbefree in their motto's make no sense. Most of them are gold members who are already paying for the service, which doesn't help there cause. If you want to complain about it and have it be effective then do it on a Silver account.
gdogghenrikson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 gdogghenrikson
Member since 2005 • 3028 Posts
if you cant afford 5$ a month, you should stop playing video games
BigRobbyP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BigRobbyP
Member since 2007 • 79 Posts
nobody really answered your question what he means is if you found a way to cheat xbox out of not paying for it (you a single person) kinda like stealing cable hes saying would you exploit it or just continue paying
boostud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 boostud
Member since 2004 • 1242 Posts

I dont really mind paying $50 a year for it, but I think it should be free.

How many years has PC gaming been around for free? People could host their own servers....just like Live! make us do anyhow. I've never heard of a MS dedicated server.

Avatar image for problemsolver10
problemsolver10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 problemsolver10
Member since 2005 • 830 Posts
I wish it was, or at least a bit cheaper to be honest, but I agree if it was free the downloadable content and XBLA would probably go up
nightwngs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nightwngs
Member since 2006 • 53 Posts
I don't Mind paying really but they should at least make it cheaper. $50 isn't that much but it would stop alot of complaining and make a few people get into XBL gold. They should for letting out such asuch a highrate of failedhardware(Every Three seconds a 360breaks). but it shouldn't be free it make alot more lag and alot more cheaters or just crappy players.
Avatar image for KaotiK_un_basic
KaotiK_un_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 KaotiK_un_basic
Member since 2002 • 2128 Posts

no.

i do wish prices would correct themselves though. canadian dollar is worth more than US now. yet we still pay atleast $10 more on games / xbox live / points cards.

fordies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 fordies
Member since 2005 • 5829 Posts
No because if it was free and the standard of service dropped we cant really complain since its free or at least the complaint wouldnt have any weight behind it then you have to think about howm any more hours of gameplay you get out of games with live than without so i think the very small sum they ask for its more than worth it.
Creeping_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Creeping_Wolf
Member since 2006 • 3399 Posts
No, I don't want it to be free. It's a service provided to us, and we should have to pay for it. I'm more than happy having such a great service offered to me for around $50 a year. It's well worth it, and people crying and whining, saying Live should be free.......it just amazes me.
councelor12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 councelor12
Member since 2005 • 110 Posts

i would still pay for it because the instant i got caught, i'd be banned forever. at least i'm sure that's what microsoft would do. and that would suck. more power to whoever gets around it and gets away with it, but i'm really not for stealing in general, especially when it can follow you for a long time.

BMI_2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BMI_2005
Member since 2005 • 123 Posts
we do remember that 9 million year ban for that one kid that snuck into the halo thing so im sure microsoft would do the same here if they found out
feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
It all depends. If the competitor (PS3) has their online service up and running like XBL and even better, and is still free, then I'd like XBL to be free too. But until that time arrives or if it ever does, I do not mind paying $50 a year for great service. :)
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

I see alot of people who complain about the high price of $50. over here in the netherlands we pay alot more then you do for the XBL service. I dont know about the rest of europe but we pay 60euros a year for it (which is about $85US). so for those guys that are complaining about the price: please quit as for we pay alot more.

and I dont want it to be free anyway. Im paying for a good solid service and I like to keep it that way.

xelloss88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 xelloss88
Member since 2006 • 5187 Posts
I am paying for a service that will be upgraded and maintained. There is less motivation to keep a service up to par resulting in a bad user experience.
GothIQa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36 GothIQa
Member since 2006 • 33 Posts
It should defenetly be free!
cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

#37 cosmostein77
Member since 2004 • 7043 Posts

You get what you pay for,

Online play on my PS3 is not awful, but compared to Live feels awful.

NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts
yes. i play online on my ps3 as it is free anyway so I dont mind much. I think that the ps3's online is fine for online playing.
LastTrueHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LastTrueHero
Member since 2007 • 47 Posts

Yea it would be good for us but bad for them lol, And YESi would probably play anyway

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
XBL Gold should cost 10 dollars per Online Tag. Xbox Live is pretty bad and I'm not seeing my $50 worth.
sealedexit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 sealedexit
Member since 2007 • 68 Posts
The little I played on live I didn't like it. Mostly just the game lobbies were dumb. Have to wait for it to be full till you can play. Can't jump in in the middle of a game. If I pay I wanna play I don't want to wait. Maybe I don't have enough experience on it but. My first one was a bad one. I would love to try it agein tho.
Chirico_Cuvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42 Chirico_Cuvie
Member since 2003 • 842 Posts

When you look at how lame PSN is you appreciate what that $4.17 a month for gold status buys, hell the silver status is better. Until we see a comparable service that has the stability and features of gold XBL for free, I can't see how you could argue with a service that has remained the same price but has only grown in the six years it has existed.

It's been said that of all the titles the 360 has, the best one is XBL. It's the one thing that the others just can't beat so far. My only word of praise for the competition is the Virtual Console has surpassed my expectations and offers the best value for the Wii. I'd really like to see the XBLA lineup increase it's classic games inventory.

Original stuff is great, but for us old fogeys, those old 8-16 bit games are some of our best memories. Konami in particular, since they seem to be allergic to compilations, has a great classic game library that has only been trickling out onto these services.

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
xbox live isn't that expensive if you think about how much you are paying per month to have a gold membership
mernmern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mernmern
Member since 2007 • 57 Posts
I have no problem paying for xboxlive. That does not mean that I did not initially balk at having to pay the Man, but after experiencing the interface and the easy of use, I can honestly say it is worth every penny... all 14 a day.
DeathStar17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#45 DeathStar17
Member since 2005 • 4858 Posts
I'd rather it be free but I got the Halo 3 card with 12 months + 1 month free for $40 so I cant complain too much...
--IORI--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 --IORI--
Member since 2007 • 95 Posts

everybody likes when its free, oh yeah me but dere r gonna b more who wan it free

james28893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 james28893
Member since 2007 • 3252 Posts
Obviously.
J-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 J-12
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Guys whats wrong with u ?

its just 50$ a year !!! a year man , come onnnnn if u want something free

get a psp and play with ur friends on wi-fi n enjoy, Xbox live should not be free

its great gaming engine, people are working hardly on it day n night, (FOR FREE)???

haha guys , Think Big

50$ a year is Nothing for that much Fun, dont ruin Online gaming,

i am paying 100$ a month for the best Internet connection as well

xbox live should Not be free the service is way too good they deserve more than that !

elmafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 elmafia
Member since 2003 • 1490 Posts

of course I want it to be free. I also want games and other thinks to be free aswell. Dont think anyone wants to pay for anything really. but if its costs who cares its only like 50 bucks a year so its no problemfor me. guess if we didnt pay for it would be worse.

Jc98924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Jc98924
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

i love how people say it is 50 dollars a yr. its more then that, u have to buy the actual internet you use, pay the electric bill 2. its alot more then 50dollars a yrbssauter13

Right, because people don't normally get internet and pay for the electricity bill if they don't get live. Common sense.