Do You Submit Player Reviews?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MuddyMaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MuddyMaestro
Member since 2009 • 10351 Posts

The topic is simple enough. Do you often submit player reviews of those you played online? What's more interesting, do you not only submit negative reviews, but do you also submit positive reviews for those you enjoyed playing with?

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#2 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
I do, although only if I had a particularly positive or negative experience with another player. Most of my reviews are negative, for players who rage-quit (usually in Rock Band 2, as that was quite common when people started losing badly halfway through).
nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
I only submit negative reviews every once in a while or some really alarming players.
LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
I sometimes just randomly submit play reviews of people I think didn't play well. That or I was trolling someone and I just submit a player review on him haha... No one cares about those things.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
I submit ratings but have only written one or two reviews. I only write a review when I adamantly disagree with the general consensus.
Solarburn24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Solarburn24
Member since 2004 • 1643 Posts

I don't because alot of people just try to pretend there tough since nobodys knows who they really are.

broken_ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 broken_ops
Member since 2011 • 183 Posts

in BO if theres a really annoying guy camping the whole match ill submit a bad review for unsporting conduct lol. hey, he wants to cower in the corner, then hes a player i dont wanna be in a game with. and yes, i do also submit positive reviews, i was actually going to do that for 3 ppl i just played zombies with, all of them were very friendly and good at the game as well

Enid_Green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Enid_Green
Member since 2010 • 1261 Posts

I do if someone plays really cheap or is just being irritating, so that my chances of playing with them again are lower. If someone is doing any of those things and also happens to have an offensive tag, I'll go out of my way to report them. I don't mind people being loud, or even trash-talking, but screaming a single racial slur over and over again kind of detracts from the gaming experience.

I don't submit positive reviews because I'm not sure what the point is. If i want to play with someone again, I'll just add them.

I submit ratings but have only written one or two reviews. I only write a review when I adamantly disagree with the general consensus.KC_Hokie

I think he means rating players themselves on XBL, not game reviews.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts

I think he means rating players themselves on XBL, not game reviews.Enid_Green
Oh...no I never rate other players. It's a pointless system considering the only ratings I've ever received were negative because I owned people. I got so good at BFBC that my kill ratios were never worse than like 5:1 and people thought I was cheating.

So I'm glad the rating system doesn't actually mean anything nor used by MS in any way.

N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 N7v1K0
Member since 2009 • 5755 Posts

Usually they're negative :P

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
Depends. I definitely give a bad review to someone who is intentionally team betraying and quitters. I also give a positive review to players who stick it when most the team quit. Speaking specifically about Halo online. Call of Duty I never really feel the need to.
Sweet_Genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sweet_Genocide
Member since 2009 • 777 Posts

I give negative reviews to anyone that quits early or people that were just being ####s for no reason. I give positive reviews to players who actually put in effort.

Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 Xbox360Gamer15
Member since 2009 • 3937 Posts

I give negative reviews to anyone that quits early or people that were just being ####s for no reason. I give positive reviews to players who actually put in effort.

Sweet_Genocide
what if people quit early because their parents force them to get off
Enid_Green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Enid_Green
Member since 2010 • 1261 Posts

[QUOTE="Sweet_Genocide"]

Xbox360Gamer15

what if people quit early because their parents force them to get off

I wouldn't want to play with them again regardless of the reason if I know they're probably going to quit a game early.

XCNormX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 XCNormX
Member since 2010 • 466 Posts

I only give positive reviews for the ones that I see really contribute to the game.

I don't give negative reviews just because I don't care what someone else is doing...that's there business and if they're having fun doing it well then alright, even if I may not agree with it, they bought the game just like I did.

Now if they're team killing or doing something to interrupt my gameplay then I'll just leave and join in on another match, simple as that.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#16 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Usually only if someone is a jerk.
nottu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nottu
Member since 2010 • 951 Posts

If someone brings their score below -200 then I'll submit a negative review. Just so I'm not stuck playing with them again. I submit negative player reviews to D-Bags that blast music through their mics, so that I don't need to deal with them again.

Other then those I don't see a reason to submit player reviews/ratings. If I enjoyed playing with someone then I just friend them

doylerules29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 doylerules29
Member since 2010 • 76 Posts

only when people really piss me off ill submit a negative one but i rarely submit positive reviews

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#19 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
I used ti review every games I played. I got bored of it. I'm starting to review more, though. I would like to get back into it.
JAB991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#20 JAB991
Member since 2007 • 6077 Posts
I'll give negative reviews if someone ruins a game and it was avoidable (teamkilling, rage quitting, etc.). Also, if someone is truly offensive. I curse like a sailor, trust me on that, but I don't call people the n-word or the other f-word or anything of a similar nature. I'm okay with someone cursing over Live (who hasn't let the f-word slip out once or twice, even by accident?), but I know people who truly get hurt by being called certain slurs so I don't really have that high of a tolerance for them.
BlueWord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 BlueWord
Member since 2011 • 84 Posts

nah thats for squares

xgraderx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 xgraderx
Member since 2008 • 2395 Posts

I avoid people who glitch.Like the PBR glitchers in BC2.

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
When I first got my xbox, back when Gears of War came out years back, I submitted reviews all the time. As in a couple per day. Now I find myself not submitting any, lest they be negative ones. If I see someone clearly cheating (i.e. flying all over the map in team fortress, which I have actually seen on xbox) then I will give them a file complaint.
A_Mobile_Doll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 A_Mobile_Doll
Member since 2009 • 919 Posts

almost never

MrsBlunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MrsBlunder
Member since 2011 • 126 Posts

You have to either impress me greatly or really offend or anger me in order for me to submit reviews. =/ I think I've only submitted one or two on players I had to block for sexual harassment.

Lord_Nas3k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lord_Nas3k
Member since 2006 • 1492 Posts

Nope.

I honestly never bother.

F0urTwenty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 F0urTwenty
Member since 2010 • 1842 Posts

nah thats for squares

BlueWord
HAHA damn dude i was going to say the same thing lol.
nhlkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#28 nhlkiller
Member since 2004 • 1380 Posts
Not really unless the person is really annoying or just plain stupid I'll submit a negative one so I can avoid them.
mrsniper83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#29 mrsniper83
Member since 2009 • 1552 Posts
I review alot of people, i would say about 20 a day, mostly are bad just cause there are alot of douches online
Zyllus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 Zyllus_
Member since 2008 • 1509 Posts

The most player reviews I have ever sumbitted was back in my Halo 3 days. They were all negative and were to people who were cheating and hacking.