Do you like the fall update?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hockeyfan37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hockeyfan37
Member since 2005 • 113 Posts
What is your opinion on the fall update.
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
I'm neutral to positive toward it. THings are spiffier now. Only crap thing is that I have a 20gb hdd and I already have Fable :( Get some more xb games out there... like Riddick! Damn its lack of BC.
darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 darksusperia
Member since 2004 • 6945 Posts
atleast its not like the other unmentionable device that canned BC altogether.
shiftbourne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 shiftbourne
Member since 2007 • 211 Posts
I'm indifferent. I've only had my 360 for a few days, so the update had less of an impact on me.
dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts
y would i not i love it
ParadiseAwaits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ParadiseAwaits
Member since 2007 • 1410 Posts

No, its lame.

Microsoft keeps changing the dashboard up every 3 months. It should not be a requirement to update. It has NOTHING to do with playing games.

MIB911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MIB911
Member since 2006 • 1720 Posts
i liked the update. its the best one they've done so far and even though there is still alot to be done to make Xbox Live flawlessly perfect u have to admit it has come a long way in two short years...
lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lucas_kelly
Member since 2005 • 5783 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with it. They have added some cool stuff and it runs smoother now.
Aftermath6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Aftermath6
Member since 2004 • 606 Posts
Doesn't it just seem dumb to complain about something that is both free and better? Thank you Microsoft, I enjoy the updates...not to mention my downloads are a hell of a lot faster now.
dukenukem2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 dukenukem2
Member since 2006 • 277 Posts
okbut why did they only have to add xbox games to buy?i mean ya their cheap but most people have those games posted on xbl. Why dont they just make a update for every xbox game
HellRazer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HellRazer360
Member since 2006 • 2693 Posts
i liked it i guess...i just wish there was more in it seems like they didnt include enough stuff....one thing i liked is the ability to view other peoples friend list...i dont know why but i just like that....one thing i dont like is how the original xbox games are $15..i can go get it used at gamestop for $8....but i guess ill pay it..:)
MyndFlyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 MyndFlyte
Member since 2005 • 1103 Posts
I like the update. I guess I don't understand people complaining about the dashboard setup because how long do you actually spend on the dashboard? But I waited till today to get it and everything is running smoothly.
bighopp5451238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 bighopp5451238
Member since 2004 • 129 Posts
I could care less about the stuff in the update. They need to add private party chat. Why can't I private chat with more than one friend yet? Should be a pretty easy thing to do.
raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
not really they made it more difficult to find things
Spindoc_SEI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Spindoc_SEI
Member since 2005 • 1349 Posts

The new Marketplace layout and features are bloated and upset me. To me it's now harder to navigate and find the things you're looking for.

The faster loading and response of the Guide is a plus. I like the Xbox Spotlight as well that gives you a centralized updates area for things going on in Live.

deroco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deroco
Member since 2004 • 150 Posts
Wats really bad is the fact that you cant download Mature content if your on a child accout. In my opinion this will not only hurt the Halo 3 Maps coming out but it will also hurt most other popular Mature demos and videos coming out
deroco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deroco
Wats really bad is the fact that you cant download Mature content if your on a child accout. In my opinion this will not only hurt the Halo 3 Maps coming out but it will also hurt most other popular Mature demos and videos coming out
darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 darksusperia

Wats really bad is the fact that you cant download Mature content if your on a child accout. In my opinion this will not only hurt the Halo 3 Maps coming out but it will also hurt most other popular Mature demos and videos coming outderoco

sucks to be under 18 huh :P

flainsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 flainsoul
Member since 2006 • 516 Posts

Wats really bad is the fact that you cant download Mature content if your on a child accout. In my opinion this will not only hurt the Halo 3 Maps coming out but it will also hurt most other popular Mature demos and videos coming outderoco

that really pissed me off,i had to make another account and change the age just to load demos, u cant load the demos on the child account but u can play them.... dumb move

Draconis77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 Draconis77
Member since 2003 • 636 Posts

That's exactly why you have a child account.

DarkRider23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DarkRider23
Member since 2004 • 1753 Posts

I'm neutral on it. I like how the guide button closes your menu faster now because when I accidentally it the guide button in-game it usually screwed me over. The Xbox Live Arcade Originals and Hits are pretty cool too.

[QUOTE="deroco"]Wats really bad is the fact that you cant download Mature content if your on a child accout. In my opinion this will not only hurt the Halo 3 Maps coming out but it will also hurt most other popular Mature demos and videos coming outDraconis77

That's also why you can change your DOB now.

deroco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deroco
the only reason i do have a child account is the fact that i got my account when xbox 360 was launched and since there i hav lost the family settings email address and password so i cant edit it in Xbox Live Settings. if this is permanet i might not play xbox anymore cause there is no point if i cant download content for halo, xbox originals, and M rated Trailers
destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#23 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts
LOVE it. So slick....fantastic update.
KyBoOtEr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KyBoOtEr
Member since 2006 • 314 Posts

[QUOTE="deroco"]Wats really bad is the fact that you cant download Mature content if your on a child accout. In my opinion this will not only hurt the Halo 3 Maps coming out but it will also hurt most other popular Mature demos and videos coming outDraconis77

Two years ago, when I was 15, I made a child acount. I am now 17, and in Canada, you have to be 17 to buy Mrated games. I still cannot downloadM rated videos or demos. I cannotchange my acount into an adult acount because I am not 18. I think that this was a big mistake, especially because I should legally be able towatch the videos and play the demos.

darksusperia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 darksusperia
[QUOTE="Draconis77"]

[QUOTE="deroco"]Wats really bad is the fact that you cant download Mature content if your on a child accout. In my opinion this will not only hurt the Halo 3 Maps coming out but it will also hurt most other popular Mature demos and videos coming outKyBoOtEr

Two years ago, when I was 15, I made a child acount. I am now 17, and in Canada, you have to be 17 to buy Mrated games. I still cannot downloadM rated videos or demos. I cannotchange my acount into an adult acount because I am not 18. I think that this was a big mistake, especially because I should legally be able towatch the videos and play the demos.

being able and what you can actually do are 2 different things. as far as ms is concerned live is an adult service, and as described in the TOS, you must be 18+. MS defines mature as 18+ so be it.

Bladefighter23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Bladefighter23
Member since 2005 • 1201 Posts

I'm neutral on it. I like how the guide button closes your menu faster now because when I accidentally it the guide button in-game it usually screwed me over. The Xbox Live Arcade Originals and Hits are pretty cool too.

[QUOTE="Draconis77"]

[QUOTE="deroco"]Wats really bad is the fact that you cant download Mature content if your on a child accout. In my opinion this will not only hurt the Halo 3 Maps coming out but it will also hurt most other popular Mature demos and videos coming outDarkRider23

That's also why you can change your DOB now.

How?
RHCP87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 RHCP87
Member since 2007 • 1952 Posts
It's no big deal.
WestCoastRida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 WestCoastRida
Member since 2006 • 204 Posts
I tried to sign in with my dads adult account, but apparently the gamertag is set with one account, the child one. I did sign in with my dads, but it still said that this account cant download M rated stuff. How can i change my date of birth on my child account? im 17 and i ve been downloading M stuff for a while now. Now, all of a sudden i cant, WTF?!? can i change the date of birth on it? or do i have to make a new silver account JUST for downloading stuff? WHY, XBOX LIVE, WHY?!?!?!
SexyPorkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SexyPorkins
Member since 2007 • 1222 Posts
I love it. Especially now that you can change your hotmail account for messenger. I also like the new interfaces and menus.
Hitchy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 Hitchy9
Member since 2007 • 2054 Posts

I like how switching blades and whatnot is a LOT faster now