Do We Really Need a New Xbox in the Near Future?

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RAVEZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 RAVEZero
Member since 2007 • 333 Posts

I've been going through the games I haven't picked up yet (Fallout 3 and PoP amongst them), and I'm realizing that I'm just enjoying the system way too damn much to even think about a 720, or whatever name they'll give it. I'm happy with the lineup now and in the near future (FFXIII; Street Fighter IV).

The discussion here is: Can we just enjoy what we have here without worrying about the "Next" Gen? I think some of us kinda just want to enjoy the now without having to stress over getting a new console in the next two years, because I know there will be a slew of great games arriving here in those days.

What do you think?

coldtrimz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 coldtrimz
Member since 2005 • 301 Posts

yea i dont want to buy another system anytime sooner.

There really isnt that much that they cnamake better, but i guess theres always something better. Id just hate to have to go and buy new system and games. lets keep the 360 for atleast 5 more years eh?

jasopan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 jasopan
Member since 2006 • 2360 Posts
Maybe if they fix the RROD. The games atm are great and are constantly improving but know MS i bet you there'll be a new console out in 3~ years
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
im extremely happy with the 360, i wont need another system for at least a couple of years
RAVEZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RAVEZero

yea i dont want to buy another system anytime sooner.

There really isnt that much that they cnamake better, but i guess theres always something better. Id just hate to have to go and buy new system and games. lets keep the 360 for atleast 5 more years eh?

coldtrimz
Maybe if they fix the RROD. The games atm are great and are constantly improving but know MS i bet you there'll be a new console out in 3~ yearsjasopan
At least 3 and a half before they even consider a next system. But as chaos said, we should all be happy with what we have, barring any Red Rings. Any more responses to this?
hawksie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hawksie
Member since 2008 • 188 Posts
Hopefully they don't put out a new system for another 4-5 years. I'm very content with the 360 and definitely am not looking to buying a new console anytime soon..
H_U_R_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 H_U_R_D
Member since 2006 • 4006 Posts
i just got mine in july, so a new system in a couple years would kinda suck for me at least
eyetoy499

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 eyetoy499
Member since 2008 • 38 Posts

ya it still to soon to be coming with a new xbox also because of the like 35 new game that just came out????

RAVEZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RAVEZero
Hopefully they don't put out a new system for another 4-5 years. I'm very content with the 360 and definitely am not looking to buying a new console anytime soon..hawksie
i just got mine in july, so a new system in a couple years would kinda suck for me at leastH_U_R_D

ya it still to soon to be coming with a new xbox also because of the like 35 new game that just came out????

eyetoy499

I think we're all in agreement on this one. H_U_R_D, I'd hate to see that new arrival of yours get tarnished, dude.

But is there anyone out there that thinks we need a new system? Interested to hear from those folks.

burback2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 burback2
Member since 2003 • 289 Posts
I agree. I've been palying 360 since April '06 and I still can't get enough because it keeps getting better. I hope for 2 more years out of it. September or October 2011 seems like a good date for the next Xbox
sammyt555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sammyt555
Member since 2008 • 220 Posts

yeah to be honest, i hear a lot of people saying 360 looks bad, runs poorly etc. but i really dont need any clearer a picture or sound. and all my games run just fine. The only thing they could make better are little tiny things that are not worth the price of a new console. Convenient little things.

360 looks great, sounds great, runs great. Just keep shellin out good titles and who needs a new console?

johnmatthais

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 johnmatthais
Member since 2007 • 109 Posts
[QUOTE="jasopan"]Maybe if they fix the RROD. The games atm are great and are constantly improving but know MS i bet you there'll be a new console out in 3~ years

M$ fix the RRoD? never....they'd just invent a system that instead of having the RRoD or BSoD, has the Pink Square of Shutdown but honestly, i could care less if they release a new system...i just replaced my broken 360...and i've got guitar gear to pay for...i can't afford it
RAVEZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RAVEZero

M$ fix the RRoD? never....they'd just invent a system that instead of having the RRoD or BSoD, has the Pink Square of Shutdown but honestly, i could care less if they release a new system...i just replaced my broken 360...and i've got guitar gear to pay for...i can't afford it

Sorry to hear about the financial woes, dude. Hope things pick up in 2009. But a PSoS? I'm interested to see that; personally.
ndf98765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ndf98765
Member since 2008 • 30 Posts
Well, given the current economic climate, I'd imagine any plans on MS's part to release or develop a next-generation console will have been put on hold or delayed. Especailly given the amount of support and market maturity the current 360 has - nope, as others have said, I think it will be a while before we see a '720'.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I'm fine with the 360, we won't see it's successor for at least another 3 years.
Nomad0404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 Nomad0404
Member since 2004 • 1111 Posts

[QUOTE="jasopan"]Maybe if they fix the RROD. The games atm are great and are constantly improving but know MS i bet you there'll be a new console out in 3~ yearsjohnmatthais

They've fixed the RRoD with the latest iteration of the XBox Mobo that also gives more system memory for the arcade variant. As an aside it's 'I could not care less' if you say 'I could care less' it means you actually do care if the do release a new system or not.

Microsoft are in a prime position to release a new version of the 360 that simply has more memory and a better GPU/CPU combo but is an incremental increase and can still run all the 360 games. Should be pretty easy to do and would cost a hell of a lot less in developement costs. Games creators can then treat the 360 and, I don't know lets call it the 360+ a bit like a PC and just have the Plus version look better and run with better settings. They've been doing it on the PC for years.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#17 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
No nextBox till 2012 has already been confirmed, do not worry
johnmatthais

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 johnmatthais
Member since 2007 • 109 Posts

[QUOTE="johnmatthais"][QUOTE="jasopan"]Maybe if they fix the RROD. The games atm are great and are constantly improving but know MS i bet you there'll be a new console out in 3~ yearsNomad0404

They've fixed the RRoD with the latest iteration of the XBox Mobo that also gives more system memory for the arcade variant. As an aside it's 'I could not care less' if you say 'I could care less' it means you actually do care if the do release a new system or not.

Microsoft are in a prime position to release a new version of the 360 that simply has more memory and a better GPU/CPU combo but is an incremental increase and can still run all the 360 games. Should be pretty easy to do and would cost a hell of a lot less in developement costs. Games creators can then treat the 360 and, I don't know lets call it the 360+ a bit like a PC and just have the Plus version look better and run with better settings. They've been doing it on the PC for years.

it'd all be to keep up with the PS3 though, we all know that also my replacement happened to be an Arcade so maybe that's why i'm still upset about the RRoD and Toriko, glad to hear that maybe then it'd be worth it...idk...we'll have to wait and see, that's 3-4 years away
CloNe817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CloNe817
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Bonk
BLBxLakers24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 126

#20 BLBxLakers24
Member since 2008 • 1716 Posts
I want BLU RAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!
Iqen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#21 Iqen
Member since 2007 • 551 Posts
I'm quite content with my 360 to be honest. I've never experienced RRoD ever and there'es a great lineup of games to look forward to.
Avatar image for WelcomeOblivion
WelcomeOblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 WelcomeOblivion

Well considering i just bought my xbox 360 5 days ago i would get pretty mad if they released somthing soon. And what's up with the"the xbox memory storage isn't enough for future titels while the ps3 has a lot more storage" If the Nintendo Wii can outsell both xbox 360 and ps3 everything is possible...

Besides isn't the xbox 360 selling well? i tought the dropped the first xbox so fast because they had a lot of problems with it. So the logic would say that Microsoft should continue selling the xbox 360 for more money.

AGR1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AGR1
The way I see it: regular software updates (e.g. NXE and general maintenance) reduce the need for a new console anytime soon.
Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

I feel we will have to go through two E3s showing off the system before we even worry about it. The first E3 that shows the new system will be a teaser, maybe only anannouncementthat its in development. The next one after that will be a full on demonstration and a set release date. So here's my line up then. The soonest it could come out if it goes according to this is the Holiday Season of 2010.

So that's about two full years but honestly I doubt I'll see this happen from Sony this quick, MS I can see them wanting to get away from the 360s hardware but its still very successful. However, how many more Wiis can Nintendo sell? It seems like everyone has one and I can really see Nintendo giving us a sneak peak of their new console this E3.

(Not stating any of this as FACT just speculation)

chugachea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 chugachea
Member since 2008 • 736 Posts
You say that now, but when they make a new console i guarentee that you will be begging for it. Plus, they're not gonna stop making new consoles when there is room for improvement and money to be made =(
Dexz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Dexz
Member since 2003 • 94 Posts

Well a year is a pretty long time guys.. I've had my xbox for about 6 months and even though I'm really happy with it I wouldn't mind something new and flashy in lets say 2-3'ish years.

However I hope the future game developers will focus more on gameplay then graphics.

raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
I agree. I've been palying 360 since April '06 and I still can't get enough because it keeps getting better. I hope for 2 more years out of it. September or October 2011 seems like a good date for the next Xboxburback2
I agree that would be a good date for it I would perfer November though
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#28 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
I would say no later than 2012.
FlashCharge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#29 FlashCharge
Member since 2007 • 2239 Posts
The current life of the Xbox 360 is still good for at lest five more years. But eventually it will come to an end. The future console I hope will include a Blu-ray player, have BC, a larger hard drive, and free online play. But this wish list is still off in the future so just sit back, grab your controller and enjoy the experience.
raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 raylewisnfl52

I feel we will have to go through two E3s showing off the system before we even worry about it. The first E3 that shows the new system will be a teaser, maybe only anannouncementthat its in development. The next one after that will be a full on demonstration and a set release date. So here's my line up then. The soonest it could come out if it goes according to this is the Holiday Season of 2010.

So that's about two full years but honestly I doubt I'll see this happen from Sony this quick, MS I can see them wanting to get away from the 360s hardware but its still very successful. However, how many more Wiis can Nintendo sell? It seems like everyone has one and I can really see Nintendo giving us a sneak peak of their new console this E3.

(Not stating any of this as FACT just speculation)

Cwagmire21
thats too early for Nintendo to anounce something this year I think sometime in 2 years.
raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 raylewisnfl52
Well the original xbox came out November 8, 2001 and the xbox 360 came out November 22, 2005 so next one could be anounced this E3 you never now.
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#32 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
I'm ready for a new one. One that allows for a hard drive capacity of 250-500GB, has a DX11 capable graphics processor, 1-2GB DDR3 Ram, and a 32nm Quad core processor. If something like that came out next year, I'd stop upgrading my PC :D I'd pay $600-800 for a console like that.
nelfer320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 nelfer320
Member since 2004 • 2867 Posts
I don't even know any info about any of the next consoles so I'm not even thinking about them now. I'm enjoying the consoles I have today and I'm not planing on getting a new one for sometime.
cronew1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 cronew1
Member since 2004 • 494 Posts
hell yes i want a new xbox...a portable one with two analog sticks I'm sick of the ds and psp gameplay limitations.
xmen1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 xmen1414
Member since 2006 • 1948 Posts
I have only had a 360 for 2 months.... i dont want a new one...
George_Wings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 George_Wings
Member since 2006 • 63 Posts

No nextBox till 2012 has already been confirmed, do not worryToriko42

oh , thank you thank you for the news ......... it's a big relief

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
no i dont want seee xbox next untill 2011 2012 i am happy with 360 experience i need more games coming on xbox360 like bc fable3 gears3 kameo2 mass effect2 next oblivion and gta
Avatar image for deactivated-60156c31f349f
deactivated-60156c31f349f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-60156c31f349f
Member since 2005 • 2836 Posts
I dont think the current consoles have enough games yet, look at how many games the ps2 has for exmple, ps3 and 360 arent even close to those numbers, so the current ones needs to stay a few more years
Avatar image for AnotherMulligan
AnotherMulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 AnotherMulligan
Member since 2008 • 237 Posts
I wouldn't worry much about a new system. the upgrades to graphics technology has been so minor in the last couple years, that there isn't really a need for a new console yet. we'll have 360's for at least 3 more years.
TheHallWay86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TheHallWay86
Member since 2008 • 104 Posts
yea i love my 360, and since im still catching with all the newer titles, im going to be playing the 360 for a while. i dont even like to think of a new xbox.Plus i know couple of guys who just got one so that whould suck if a new one came out soon.
Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Death_Unicorn
Member since 2008 • 48 Posts
I've had my xbox since it came out, so im more inclined for change, but I'm happy with what I got, unless it has something groundbreaking like Downloadable HD games eliminating the need for gaming stores :P I wouldnt buy it.
Chakawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 Chakawn
Member since 2007 • 41 Posts
I'm writing this message for my friend , he enjoys his XBOX 360 very much. Also he is very pleased with the games out and the following games to come. A new system in two years would be too soon , especialy with the economic down turn for 2009. The XBOX , could have many years ahead of it ( a good 4 ) if microsoft would mind to. I am getting a 360 in the summer of 09 myself , so if a new system was in place that would suckfor me
pepperman33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 pepperman33
Member since 2005 • 494 Posts
Microsoft aren't going to announce a new console until the sale of consoles drops considerably. And even then, they may release something like a slim 360 which would generate interest. I don't think that microsoft are going to make even an announcement within a year and a half, as nothing slows console sales like an announcement.
nhlkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#44 nhlkiller
Member since 2004 • 1380 Posts
If Microsoft sees that the PS3 is catching up or passing the 360 late in its cycle you can except Microsoft to get ready to announce another system
Avatar image for FunkyHeadHunter
FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 FunkyHeadHunter
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts
With all the dash updates and patches and dl content, this gen is totally different from the past. This gen will last until 2010 or 11 at least. Now for hardware lasting?...Thats another story. I WILL NOT be a test subject for MS nextgen.
DAAVV-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#46 DAAVV-O
Member since 2008 • 286 Posts

I think I'd like the next one in time for Christmas 2010 release.

By then I think that the 360 system will be creaking with the strain of trying to emulate the graphics found on the PC and PS3 platforms, and Microsoft will usher in the next generation of consoles.

I feel that three to four hundred quid is not too much to ask for around five years of premium gaming.

raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 raylewisnfl52
I just want blue ray cause even the devolopers for GTA said that there isnt enough space on the dual layer DVDs for what they have plans for. I know Microsoft wont let that happen. I dont want to miss out on the next GTA cause this console cant support a great game like GTA.
MissMorphine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 MissMorphine
Member since 2008 • 1156 Posts
yuuuus yuuuussssssss plz MS show us some love and give us a new console. one that doesnt break everymonth. yeah that would be nice :D
Fakenamelmao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Fakenamelmao
Member since 2005 • 336 Posts
i hope it stays around for another 3-5 years :)
CardiacKid07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 CardiacKid07
Member since 2007 • 1225 Posts
yea i love gaming and dont plan on stopping anytime soon, but if they come out with a new system its probably gonna cost more than the 360 at launch or just as much and i dont really want to think about having to dump hundreds of dollars into an already expensive hobby : /. i hope this sticks for atleast 3 years.