Do kill streaks ruin MW2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts

So, now that I am almost done unlocking all the weapons in BC2 and I don't have the money for CoDblops (plus I heard mixed things about it) I figured I might finally pick up Modern Warfare 2. I have heard a lot of good things about it, and it looks fun, but one thing that concerns me is the kill streak rewards. I have heard a LOT of negative things about rewards like the AC gunner, and the tactical nuke (and nuke boosting), but what is the real story? Are they really bad enough to ruin the game at this point, and is the game newb friendly enough that I should give it a try?

Also, do people hack this game? I have heard it is a problem on the other console, but is it a problem here?

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

I'm still playing it and having tons of fun with it, sure it's not a perfect game but it's fun and in the end that's all that matters.

I don't know if this is because I live in Europe and play against european people (never with americans) but I never had problems with glitchers or hackers, EVER!

Nukes are something strange to see, at least nowadays, and if you play like me, on hardcore mode using the cold blood perk then there won't be any problem with killstreak rewards.

This week I started playing BC2 for the very first time and while it's a fun game I have to agree I prefer MW2 over it (maybe it's because it's a faster game or maybe it's because I'm better at MW2).

Anyway, my advice is for you to get a MW2 copy and judge for yourself. And be patient, it can be a little frustrating at first.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Essian

I'm still playing it and having tons of fun with it, sure it's not a perfect game but it's fun and in the end that's all that matters.

I don't know if this is because I live in Europe and play against european people (never with americans) but I never had problems with glitchers or hackers, EVER!

Nukes are something strange to see, at least nowadays, and if you play like me, on hardcore mode using the cold blood perk then there won't be any problem with killstreak rewards.

This week I started playing BC2 for the very first time and while it's a fun game I have to agree I prefer MW2 over it (maybe it's because it's a faster game or maybe it's because I'm better at MW2).

Anyway, my advice is for you to get a MW2 copy and judge for yourself. And be patient, it can be a little frustrating at first.

_TheJoker_
Are there hackers in this game? Damn, I hate hackers... But yeah, I am absolutely going to be picking up this game
Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

Its not that bad but this game would be a lot more fun if there weren't kill streaks or at least used Cod 4 kill streak.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Essian

Its not that bad but this game would be a lot more fun if there weren't kill streaks or at least used Cod 4 kill streak.

Thefatness16
yeah, I played CoD4, and the kill streaks were NEVER that bad. I mean, the chopper could be a tad annoying, but air strikes were only useful if you timed it with a UAV, and even then they weren't OPed... now they have chopper gunners, and all sorts of other perks that people say are insanely annoying and ruin the game, so I was just looking for an insider perspective
gamingboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 gamingboss
Member since 2010 • 170 Posts

yes, killstreaks do ruin it!

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1841 Posts

killstreaks only ruin it if A: you are low lvl and can't get the stinger. B: your team sucks and all those idiots never realize to shoot down the chpper gunner. C: both a and b. I played with my friends when it first came out. I retired the game when blops came out but if you have a good team then no its not overpowering. I always think "you just suck" when i hear people complain about kill streaks are overpowering. it takes two shots if i recall correctly to take down a chopper gunner or even one. I know the pavelow is two. when i played with my friends we'd take down anything in the sky in about less than a minute.

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts
Personally, I think that kill streaks can be really fun in MW2. Especially if you have it set up to be some awesome killstreak and then you get to kill LOADS of enemies all in one, it makes you feel awesome :P. I would say that unfortunately, MW2 is probably the biggest "hack" game that I have ever come across on the Xbox 360. You tend to get a lot of messages saying, well... nevermind the contents I am sure you understand. You shouldn't let this put you off though :).
laliberte11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 laliberte11
Member since 2008 • 4246 Posts

people with modded controllers ruin it

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Essian

people with modded controllers ruin it

laliberte11
modded controllers frighten me less than hackers...
Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

So, now that I am almost done unlocking all the weapons in BC2 and I don't have the money for CoDblops (plus I heard mixed things about it) I figured I might finally pick up Modern Warfare 2. I have heard a lot of good things about it, and it looks fun, but one thing that concerns me is the kill streak rewards. I have heard a LOT of negative things about rewards like the AC gunner, and the tactical nuke (and nuke boosting), but what is the real story? Are they really bad enough to ruin the game at this point, and is the game newb friendly enough that I should give it a try?

Also, do people hack this game? I have heard it is a problem on the other console, but is it a problem here?

Essian
I personally would recommend MW2 OVER Blops idk y i just dont like Treyarch Off Topic: Fall is going to be awesome BF3 and MW3 my xbox is going to get rrod lol
Avatar image for deactivated-5dc1155346926
deactivated-5dc1155346926

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 deactivated-5dc1155346926
Member since 2007 • 912 Posts

nah the killstreaks don't ruin it BUT..... commando, one man army, noob tubing, heartbeat sensors, quick scoping and danger close sure does....

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

I don't know, if anything makes COD multiplayer feel even cheaper its MW2

Bad killstreaks, shottys as a secondary, and bad perks.

BO is much improved, with its problems, but way improved and more balanced over MW2 IMO

I'd just invest time in something else if you need a new game, rather than play MW2

Avatar image for Sledgehammer117
Sledgehammer117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Sledgehammer117
Member since 2011 • 298 Posts
I don't think that the killstreaks adding to each other is the problem. Its killstreaks like the chopper or harrier that just sit there that really, really ruin the game
therapyhiccup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 therapyhiccup
Member since 2005 • 1800 Posts

Nope.
Because you can destroy them.

stucazedmacca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 stucazedmacca
Member since 2004 • 27 Posts

choppers and air support are easy to Avoid and Destroy, you have perks to help, Think about it.

i love it when you kill the Chopper gunner, and then they message with abuse on how i just runied their kill streak... 8)

i thought stuff like that was a game killer till i sussed it out.

0_demo_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#17 0_demo_0
Member since 2008 • 284 Posts

What ruins this game is the freakin little ninjas that go around with commando, lightweight, and marathon and knife the poop out of people...so annoying.