Do any of you find excellent games only mediocre?

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xmen1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 xmen1414
Member since 2006 • 1948 Posts
Oblivion. I guess I'm just not into medieval RPGs like I used to be.Andrn
:o!!!! I love that game!!! I have put in 45 hrs in like 3 weeks!!!! Halo is so medicore to me!
xmen1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 xmen1414
Member since 2006 • 1948 Posts
[QUOTE="ZacharyT1"]I definitely got that feeling with Bioshock. Everyone makes it out to be an amazing game, but to me it just wasn't all that great.SSBFan12
I agree.

Played the demo and found it pretty lame!
twobad4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#53 twobad4u
Member since 2008 • 227 Posts

[QUOTE="ZacharyT1"]I definitely got that feeling with Bioshock. Everyone makes it out to be an amazing game, but to me it just wasn't all that great.kamikaze_pigmy
I feel exactly the same..

Wow , nice to know I wasn't the only one not digging Bioshock ! I thought there was something wrong with me ! LOL

SpeedsterSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 SpeedsterSim
Member since 2005 • 227 Posts

I enjoyed GTAV, but found GOW1&2, COD4, and Halo3 to be real boring. I guess shooters arn't my thing.

JohnnySN1P3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 JohnnySN1P3R
Member since 2008 • 1916 Posts
GTA4 Halo 3 Both Gears of War
hobo290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#56 hobo290
Member since 2007 • 408 Posts
I had this feeling with Fallout 3, I just couldn't get into it....
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
Oblivion. I didn't enjoy it very much at all.
ZEROS-KNIGHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#58 ZEROS-KNIGHT
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="kamikaze_pigmy"][QUOTE="ZacharyT1"]I definitely got that feeling with Bioshock. Everyone makes it out to be an amazing game, but to me it just wasn't all that great.sukraj

I feel exactly the same..

I felt the same way too.

me 2 i just it wuzz boing?:? o & cod4 online
Goo4You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Goo4You
Member since 2007 • 193 Posts
fable 2, cod anything..., gow 2, left 4 dead, and bioshock all yes... but orange box? come on now that game is just amazing.. even if they did all suck its still 5 games for price of 1!!! what a freaking deal! haha no but really Orange Box is great
Nills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#60 Nills
Member since 2005 • 1573 Posts
Oblivion and gta4
mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#61 mimic-Denmark
Member since 2006 • 4382 Posts

fable 2, cod anything..., gow 2, left 4 dead, and bioshock all yes... but orange box? come on now that game is just amazing.. even if they did all suck its still 5 games for price of 1!!! what a freaking deal! haha no but really Orange Box is greatGoo4You

75 % of the content in the orange box was something most people had played before.

Avatar image for a_beautiful_lie
a_beautiful_lie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 a_beautiful_lie
Member since 2003 • 507 Posts
GoW, and I find them bad.
buttface1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#63 buttface1
Member since 2007 • 297 Posts

GoW2.... I love the gameplay and setting for the gears game, brutal and just totally awesome. But the game is just so GLITCHY! I've gotten stuck on corners I've tried to hope over, or jump from a platform to another... and the online is even worse, the matchmaking is terrible. Once you finally get a team, you only play one match, and restard the whole frikin thing over again... gets tedious certainly sinces the chances of coming across a lagtastic game is a 50/50. Still has off map glitching, along with the shield glitch (Hold an invisible shield while wielding a two handed weapon). Just seemed like someone like Unreal who did a pretty good job in the first one could have totally made GoW2 so much better and finished.....

Oh and the story is absolutely terrible....

This is how gaming is now, heh, I've been let down so much on both the 360 and Ps3 I've seriously switched back to my ps2 and started buying a bunch of old games for 10 bucks a pop.

voodooline0110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 voodooline0110
Member since 2008 • 452 Posts
[QUOTE="sicknastyman"]

When I look at previews and read articles for a really "great" game, I become so excited to play it, and when I finally get my hands on it, it feels only mediocre and boring. It feels like "Yeah, I've played this thing before." I'm not just talking about hype; even when I haven't done much research on a game or even heard about it really but see that everyone loves it so much AFTER playing the game, I still think the game only mediocre.

This has happened with:

GoW2, Fable 2, The Orange Box, Halo 3, CoDWaW, Mass Effect, GTAIV, Left4Dead, Bioshock, etc.

The only two games that I own that absolutely blew me away were GoW1 and CoD4... i'm not saying the other games I listed aren't good; they are. Definitely. I just got kinda bored of most of them and had to work to complete them (which I did for everyone). GoW1 blew me away because it was the first 360 game I played and I only had the gamecube from lastgen consoles, so you can only imagine how much better this experience was. CoD4 blew me away because it was so damn intense and realistic. It's the only game I've replayed at least 3 times of the ones listed. Anyways, I'm not trying to flame or call any of these games bad. Maybe I just have overly high standards haha. Anyways, does this happen to any of you guys? Thanks for the input.

You shouldnt base your choices on games on opinions of "Critics". Happy Gaming
-Water-Wings-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 -Water-Wings-
Member since 2006 • 1099 Posts
Halo 3... A kid shot his parents because they wouldn't let him play that game... I'll never undersand why that game is so amazing.
Rohan1627

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#66 Rohan1627
Member since 2007 • 142 Posts
GTAIV did this to meJluecke3
same, along with Halo 3.
sicknastyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 sicknastyman
Member since 2008 • 93 Posts

No. If I don't like a quality game Im not foolish enough to call it "mediocre". That title is reserved for games that actually are mediocre. I just say I don't like the game instead of trying to look like a douche.vashkey

I'm not calling the games mediocre. I said I just got bored with most and thought I would enjoy them more than what I really did. I still believe the games to be excellent, but just said FOR ME, they felt mediocre aka I didn't like them as much as I thought I would. And don't call me a douche; it's very immature.

Tom_delonge555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Tom_delonge555
Member since 2005 • 414 Posts

[QUOTE="vashkey"]No. If I don't like a quality game Im not foolish enough to call it "mediocre". That title is reserved for games that actually are mediocre. I just say I don't like the game instead of trying to look like a douche.sicknastyman

I'm not calling the games mediocre. I said I just got bored with most and thought I would enjoy them more than what I really did. I still believe the games to be excellent, but just said FOR ME, they felt mediocre aka I didn't like them as much as I thought I would. And don't call me a douche; it's very immature.

Agreed, sicknastyman. I don't think vashkey understood your point. Either that or his comment was aimed at other users. Anyway, very immature indeed. Oh, and sicknastyman, about the whole "Dead Space and Silent Hill are just too scary for me" thing, I used to think the exact same thing; that is before I got into survival horror back in the original Resident Evil days. I'll tell you smthing, honestly, I myself am terrified of playing this kinda game, but I still do, b/c the pleasure is the fear factor itself. Dead Space is more about scares than actual fear so it may be a good option to get started in the genre. But hey, if you don't like being scared and looking over your shoulder every second to see if a double-headed zombie or an eight-year-old creppy looking girl actually IS on the hunt to get you then I guess survival horror really isn't for you.
gr8scott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 gr8scott
Member since 2003 • 1008 Posts
Assassin's Creed comes to mind for me. Many websites and magazines praised this game with many 9+ scores. With all the reviews and everything, I only found it to be a mediocre game. Yes, the graphics were amazing and the way you could climb anything was awesome. However, the combat was repetitive and unoriginal for someone with Altair's ability. The gameplay is the core for every game. I don't think Assassin's Creed had great gameplay and therefore shouldn't have received all those excellent scores. I'm not saying AC was bad; It just didn't live up to the hype that all the reviews mentioned. The combat and the missions could have been MUCH better, but hopefully with the next sequel, it will be. There are some other games I found to be just mediocre as well; but AC comes to mind first.
tutt3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#70 tutt3r
Member since 2005 • 2865 Posts
wow thats strange. if u hate those gaes, what games do u like? sonic unleashed? or wii sports? lolz but i admit that i found resistance 1 and 2 to be kinda meh. as for a 360 game, i never got into forza 2
ibanezdropd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#71 ibanezdropd
Member since 2003 • 1844 Posts
i get the feeling that a lot of gamers are jaded... then again there are some supposed greats that I don't think deserve the praise. Maybe I am jaded too.
Unassigned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Unassigned
Member since 2004 • 1970 Posts
GTA IV, BioShock and Halo 3 did not live up to the expectation for me.
Cactberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Cactberry
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Bioshock, Eternal Sonata and any GTA, Gears of War, Call of Duty and Devil May Cry.

Avatar image for ilplaynebody510
ilplaynebody510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 ilplaynebody510
Member since 2005 • 673 Posts
LOL TWO GAMES WITH GREAT VALUE...YOU CAN MAKE A CASE WITH LEFT 4 DEAD...BUT VALVE ON ANYDAY PUTS OUT QUALITY MORE THEN QUANTIITY
can't believe Left 4 Dead n orange box is part of ur list!!! boooo! lolLightColor
lil_d_mack_314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 lil_d_mack_314
Member since 2006 • 13969 Posts
[QUOTE="vashkey"]No. If I don't like a quality game Im not foolish enough to call it "mediocre". That title is reserved for games that actually are mediocre. I just say I don't like the game instead of trying to look like a douche.

ive had the feeling "ive done this before" plenty of times. but unlike what most of you guys are saying i love bio shock and oblivion. as for seeing a game "I" didnt enjoy as "mediocre" i just say "I" didnt like it. as to saying its complete garbage...some games are but even those seem to find a fan base.
jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts
It's funny. I was expecting alot from GTAIV and Bioshock and was left mildly satisfied. I wasn't expecting much from Halo 3 and Fable 2, and they're some of the best games on the system in my personal opinion.