Disc read error... only with Arkham City

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TacoJelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 TacoJelly
Member since 2005 • 1723 Posts

I got Arkham City for christmas, played a little. Now everytime I start up the 360 and select play game, it says "disc read error."

It only happens with this disc, and up till the point when I finally popped the disc out to inspect/clean it, it was pristine and hadn't left the console. Is this truly a disc error? Has anyone heard of any similar case.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

I read on here that it's a issue with the newest xbox update. Not sure how true that is....

Edit: I have 3 xbox's. 2 of them here where I'm at now. One with the old dash and one with the new.
I have tested the game on both consoles, it loads just fine. Maybe it's a issue with certain consoles. I'd contact MS and see if they have any answers that they can give.

Avatar image for Soulreavercross
Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#3 Soulreavercross
Member since 2003 • 19890 Posts
Sounds like your disc drive is wearing/worn out. The newer games together with the new update put more stress on the laser (because of random anti-piracy checks on the games)
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
Seeing that every other game works, the information stored on the disc could be damaged. Return it to the store for a new copy if you can.
TacoJelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 TacoJelly
Member since 2005 • 1723 Posts

Thanks for the help guys.

To go on further, this is an Xbox S 4gb less than a year old so I hope it's not a laser issue... plus dark souls works fine. I have updated the firmware, but it played fine for three brief sessions; odd that it's having issues now.

And since it's a gift, I don't have the store as an option... I guess into the abyss of 'calling customer service' I go, atleast dark souls has prepared me for that.