Devil May Cry 5?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

I just got through completing Devil May Cry 4. I'm brand new to the series and I loved this game from beginning to the end. I got to reading some of the history of past DMC titles and I wish I paid more attention to the series, because then, I would have played them all. Now, they're a bit dated to play.

I would really love, more than anything for a Devil May Cry 5 to come out, or some sort of prequel. I thought the story, cutscenes, gameplay, graphics, characters, replay value were extremely well done. There were so many weapons, unique combos, and special moves to choose from. I'll never look at a hack 'n slash game the same again. This series is one to be adored and loved by fans, for years to come. What a classic!

Do you guys think there will be a DMC 5? If not, why? Would you like to see one be released?

trentman7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 trentman7
Member since 2007 • 2969 Posts
I am in the exact same boat as you. New to the series and loved it. I don't think DMC5 will be out for a while, considering DMC4 just got release......i certainly hope a DMC5 comes out
DonMega187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 DonMega187
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts
DMC4 just came out. Damn greedy gamers. lol
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

:lol:

_Dez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 _Dez_
Member since 2006 • 2398 Posts

I just got through completing Devil May Cry 4. I'm brand new to the series and I loved this game from beginning to the end. I got to reading some of the history of past DMC titles and I wish I paid more attention to the series, because then, I would have played them all. Now, they're a bit dated to play.

I would really love, more than anything for a Devil May Cry 5 to come out, or some sort of prequel. I thought the story, cutscenes, gameplay, graphics, characters, replay value were extremely well done. There were so many weapons, unique combos, and special moves to choose from. I'll never look at a hack 'n slash game the same again. This series is one to be adored and loved by fans, for years to come. What a classic!

Do you guys think there will be a DMC 5? If not, why? Would you like to see one be released?

Elann2008

Get the previous games if you can. They may look dated in terms of visuals, but the gameplay still stands strong, so if you enjoyed 4, you will find a lot to like from 1 and 3, and to a lesser degree, 2.

And to answer your question, Devil May Cry 4 is the fastest selling game in the series, most likely from going multi-platform. The game has already sold more than 2 million copies, so I think it's very likely that we will see another game sometime in the future.

Avatar image for StuckInParadise
StuckInParadise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 StuckInParadise
Member since 2008 • 570 Posts
Theres definately going to be 5. Resident Evil 5 is coming out, and the team that worked on Resident Evil 4 worked on Devil May Cry 4, so there should be a 5. I love this game, best game ever. Id like to see more of Mary and Trish though, and only playing as Dante through the storymode. Vergil would be great to see again
Dudeman480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dudeman480
Member since 2007 • 195 Posts

The series is adored by millions of fans just like u so it's most likely gonna get another sequel. Just be patient lol

club-sandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 club-sandwich
Member since 2007 • 8399 Posts
the visuals will probably look outdated but the game is about the same and it's actually harder, I really recommend you to play DMC1 and DMC3.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f70a961d94
deactivated-5d3f70a961d94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 deactivated-5d3f70a961d94
Member since 2006 • 1127 Posts
DMC4 just came out now it'll be quite a while before DMC5 comes out...
Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#10 Fhiz
Member since 2004 • 7718 Posts

or some sort of prequel.

Elann2008

thats what Devil May Cry 3 is... you know, the game that is your avatar

Eseyze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Eseyze
Member since 2008 • 462 Posts
I hear a lot of great things about Devil May Cry 4 even though the previous titles didn't seem too interesting to me. I think I'll definitely give this game a rent after this thread.
vengeance00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 vengeance00
Member since 2004 • 293 Posts

if theres going to be another prequal you all know its got to be about Sparda. not exactly DMC5 but a single game of its own telling how and why sparda turned against the demonworld sealed it up. and also as both force edge and yamato have been used to seal up hell gates (tunnel in DMC3 circumstance) i bet rebellion opens up another one but getting a hold of that may be a problem for the demons.

BELOW IS ALL MY IMAGINATION

what i thought of is that both rebellion and yamato belonged to two other dark knights and thats why they don't have true forms like sparda as they arn;t being used by users of the same blood, sparda fought and defeated both of these guys and with the three swords sealed up the three gates. you'd also fight bosses who mention that they fought sparda (berial, beowulf, can't remember any others right now) and also gives a valid reason to fight mundus again as dante stated in the first game "when you come back in the next 2000 years, say hello to my son will ya?". overall i think a sparda game would be cool and we get to get a good look at him and what he was like. i mean the only references we got to his look is the unlocked costumes in 3 and 1 and the part when dante confronts Arkham before the boss fight.

hmproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hmproductions
Member since 2006 • 63 Posts
capcom will keep the series going as long as they are still making money off of it.
f8al13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 f8al13
Member since 2006 • 878 Posts
This is capcom were talking about here, so there'll be like 10 Devil May Cry games.
DMCvergil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DMCvergil
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

That would be cool if DMC 5 had a level were someone rides a motorcycle.