This topic is locked from further discussion.

trekkerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 trekkerboy
Member since 2006 • 202 Posts

Hey ppl!

I was wondering about something: My friends and I know this gamer who i wont reveal his gamertag for the sake of privacy. But he claims to have the ability to go onto xbox live or xbox.com and obtain a gamers IP adress. Through this he uses a program apparently called "black majic" and he can not only mess with your account, but mess with your console as well. He claims that he can send someone a server command called "overflow" or something that can actually give someone the red ring of death or the E74 error viasending an overflowof info to the gpu/cpu and overheating itand inhibit the console from working for the victim. He apparently did it to a few people including myself, and i did get E74.....4 times in a row =( to the point of a free replacement console......he claimed he hacked me to one of my friends but this was of course, after it happened. He claims he can do it to anyone he wants and has done it to several people apparently. I deleted the guy from my list in hopes that it would hinder him from doing stuff to my console just incase he isn't bluffing.

But what i want to know is: Is this guy full of it? Like can someone seriously obtain a program that lets you give someone a 360 error or causes part of it to overheat? Am I safe if he is not on my friends list anymore?

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
I would say totally full of it. You can't hack into Xbox Live via PC in the first place let alone hack into it and THEN overheat someone's console.
Gerardo637

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Gerardo637
Member since 2010 • 42 Posts

trekkerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 trekkerboy
Member since 2006 • 202 Posts

haha gerardo that pic made my day XD

yeah some of us were thinking he was full of it. then again i have asked some people and they have heard of viruses that can do that to one's console. but apparently you have to be on their friends list or open a message from them. ive always had an "i dont think so but what if" feeling about it

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts

haha gerardo that pic made my day XD

yeah some of us were thinking he was full of it. then again i have asked some people and they have heard of viruses that can do that to one's console. but apparently you have to be on their friends list or open a message from them. ive always had an "i dont think so but what if" feeling about it

trekkerboy
I've never heard of an xbox live 'virus'.
pilotdude22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pilotdude22
Member since 2010 • 205 Posts

I've never heard of an xbox live 'virus'.

OH GOD IT'S BEGINNING.

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts

you can dos with bots and offline people temperarily, but no, you can not do rrod or similar, that is complete nonsence. and since hes lying about that, i doubt he can even offline people at all.

Although there are a select few who can ban live accounts, but noone really knows how they do it...and some believe that to be poppycock also.

D0ub13_5c0r3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 D0ub13_5c0r3
Member since 2009 • 2084 Posts
Odd, I never heard of that, and but I've sort of had a personal experience with a banning a live account. It wasn't mine, but it was one of my old friends (can't get his gaertag because I deleted him a month ago).
Smileyvirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Smileyvirus
Member since 2010 • 232 Posts
Yeah I used to game with someone who everytime he lost a game he would start screaming "I R going 2 HAX U!". Moral - people who claim to be able to do crap like this are generally sore losers or attention grabbers. Ignore at will.