Damn you MS we are not all American!

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bond007uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Bond007uk
Member since 2002 • 1644 Posts

Having just been over to the Xbox.com forums I have seen a few complaints and questions from my fellow UK citizens that are having problems running Xbox orginals via VGA.

For example Halo CE does not run on PAL VGA cables, apparently the PAL version of halo only runs at 50Hz and there is no 60Hz support what so ever. Now I have a few PAL Xbox games that work via VGA and a few that don't. So why doesn't MS make them all work??

And the reason for the topic name is because non of these issues are listed on the known issues page of Xbox orginals. Well of course they arn't MS thinks everyone is American!

No offence. Rant over.

FMX_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 FMX_Gamer
Member since 2006 • 406 Posts
cheers for the heads up. i use vga cabels and live in australia.
Gaara79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Gaara79
Member since 2005 • 4476 Posts
Thats weird. The retail game does run at 60hz.
Avatar image for FunkyHeadHunter
FunkyHeadHunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FunkyHeadHunter
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts

it isnt just microsoft that thinks everyone should be american but most of the american people think that. or they think they are so much better than the rest of the world.

well all the travelling americans i have met think that.

rexxpro

WOW...You have got us Americans all figured out..Matter of fact you might be wrong? Im American and I wish I had the money to move elsewhere. Our country is so busy helping out every other country in the world that we dont take care of our own.

Lets send money to these poor people and leave us without health insurance....Makes me happy to be American

TXDRiPpA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TXDRiPpA
Member since 2007 • 953 Posts
true... y are we worried about other countries so much, and helping them?? are country alone have problems itself and yet we do nothing about it!!!
Duckynevada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Duckynevada
Member since 2007 • 209 Posts
[QUOTE="rexxpro"]

it isnt just microsoft that thinks everyone should be american but most of the american people think that. or they think they are so much better than the rest of the world.

lol u just proved his point that u belive ur helping everyone when ur not. American media has u all fooled. everyone hates americans except americans

FunkyHeadHunter

WOW...You have got us Americans all figured out..Matter of fact you might be wrong? Im American and I wish I had the money to move elsewhere. Our country is so busy helping out every other country in the world that we dont take care of our own.

Lets send money to these poor people and leave us without health insurance....Makes me happy to be American

U just proved his point by saying ur better than all the other countries. (thinking that u help people when ur ruining their lives) All americans think their in Iraq to "help them" when ur their bombing them? everyone hates americans except americans. And because of your country USA is asking Canada and everyone else to help. Canada can never say no to anybody and now we have troops over their dying cause G.W.B says they have "wepons of mass destrution" BULL! I'm 14 and i seem to be more educated than you
ProximaMinor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 ProximaMinor
Member since 2005 • 109 Posts
Wow, RexxPro, don't be such a bigot. You are generalizing and you are also sounding stupid.This problem happened because someone wasn't doing their job; much likewhat happened to the Hubble telescope except on a much smallerscale, not because Americans think everyone should beAmericanor whatever you are claiming.
KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts

Bond007uk...why did you have tomention american? you started a rucuss now....

IISF-SniperII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 IISF-SniperII
Member since 2007 • 125 Posts
OK all i can say is wow, this started about games and then turned into a heated political debate about how all americans think they are better than everyone else and how we ARENT helping iraq. anyways, on topic i think that microsoft just made another fluke (of many) the update was all buggy from the start, my box kept freezing after i downloaded it.
IAmLegend7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 IAmLegend7
Member since 2007 • 287 Posts

Rexxpro... WOW.... ***REMOVED BY MODERATOR***? I lived in the US for 9 years (I am not American, I'm South American) and the one thing that I can tell you is that YES, they do have their flaws, but in case you haven't noticed, the US does very good things all around the world. They came into Afghanistan and got rid of (mostly) Al-Qaeda... That in turn, helped the people of Afghanistan by giving them their lives back without having to fear the war lords and terrorists who ran the country... I hate when people like you make such unfounded assumptions about Americans ***REMOVED BY MODERATOR***, there are many Americans who don't think like that. I can speak from experience that Americans are one of the most welcoming people in the world... People like you are just jealous that they are (along with Russia and China) one of the most dominating powers in the world. Yeah their Social Security system and their healthcare system needs to be fixed URGENTLY, but they do more good on a larger scale on the world than bad.

Now go educate yourself ***REMOVED BY MODERATOR***

septemberluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 septemberluc
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts

Pics or it didn't happen.

TopBossUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TopBossUltra
Member since 2006 • 144 Posts
[QUOTE="FunkyHeadHunter"][QUOTE="rexxpro"]

lol u just proved his point that u belive ur helping everyone when ur not. American media has u all fooled. everyone hates americans except americans

Duckynevada

U just proved his point by saying ur better than all the other countries. (thinking that u help people when ur ruining their lives) All americans think their in Iraq to "help them" when ur their bombing them? everyone hates americans except americans. And because of your country USA is asking Canada and everyone else to help. Canada can never say no to anybody and now we have troops over their dying cause G.W.B says they have "wepons of mass destrution" BULL!

This makes you sound incredibly ignorant. First off, if you're going to try to bash someone (especially a whole country) learn to use whatever language you are going to be bashing them in. I shouldn't have to decode your little insults.

Second, you need to double check who is getting bombed. It seems to me like the Iraqi people and the soldiers stationed in Iraq are being bombed by their enemies. You seem to think that the Americans are bombing the Iraqi civilians.

I'm sick of people having a false sense of entitlement just because they are or are not from America.

Bond007uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bond007uk
Member since 2002 • 1644 Posts

Wow! Wow! Calm down people! This wasn't meant to be a bash America thread! It was a bash MS thread for not providing any information regarding PAL 50 incompatability.

I understand that Halo CE runs at 50Hz on PAL because thats what the developer made it run at for Europe. Ialso know that it works via any other connection that can do PAL 50. But why isn't this information provided on the Xbox.com website?

Now I haven't bought any Xbox orginals because I know of these problems with normal BC games, also I still own a fully working orginal Xbox.

Please stop bashing the yanks, their not that bad!

TopBossUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TopBossUltra

Wow! Wow! Calm down people! This wasn't meant to be a bash America thread! It was a bash MS thread for not providing any information regarding PAL 50 incompatability.

I understand that Halo CE runs at 50Hz on PAL because thats what the developer made it run at for Europe. Ialso know that it works via any other connection that can do PAL 50. But why isn't this information provided on the Xbox.com website?

Now I haven't bought any Xbox orginals because I know of these problems with normal BC games, also I still own a fully working orginal Xbox.

Please stop bashing the yanks, their not that bad!

Bond007uk

Thanks :) I'm not well versed in that portion of programming, but I wouldn't imagine it would have been too hard for them to make it compatible with 60Hz. It seems like a huge oversight to me. Are you still able to play the games at all, or do they just look worse or something?

BongMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 BongMonkey
Member since 2007 • 191 Posts
[QUOTE="FunkyHeadHunter"][QUOTE="rexxpro"]

Duckynevada

U just proved his point by saying ur better than all the other countries. (thinking that u help people when ur ruining their lives) All americans think their in Iraq to "help them" when ur their bombing them? everyone hates americans except americans. And because of your country USA is asking Canada and everyone else to help. Canada can never say no to anybody and now we have troops over their dying cause G.W.B says they have "wepons of mass destrution" BULL! I'm 14 and i seem to be more educated than you

Here's a secret I'll let you in on... your education is wrong. The governements are wrong, what you know as reality is false.

Think about it and research, educate yourself. The world is a much different place than what they've led us to believe. Again, don't take my word truly research and learn for yourself.

And not every American is the same... there's American idiots, Canadian morons, UK dumbasses, you name it there's stupid people everywhere. That's not to say we are all that way.

steveo2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 steveo2000
Member since 2003 • 72 Posts

if you dont like the american gaming console go buy the console thats made in your country... oh wait there probably isnt one.

Fredrick2003x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Fredrick2003x
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts

dun b silly America is the only country that exists.

*sarcasm*

BongMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BongMonkey
Member since 2007 • 191 Posts

if you dont like the american gaming console go buy the console thats made in your country... oh wait there probably isnt one.

steveo2000

Do you know where the 360's are all made?

Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

*crickets*

steveo2000
WuTangG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 WuTangG
Member since 2007 • 2189 Posts
Ive had this problem for months. Half my XBOX games do not support Pal60, so i cant play them, but this is NOT MSs fault, its the developers fault for being so ignorant. Its so friggin annoying when you cant upscale a game because it comes out all nasty and compressed
WuTangG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 WuTangG
Member since 2007 • 2189 Posts
[QUOTE="steveo2000"]

BongMonkey

Buying American made consoles is good because you put food onto the table of Americans!
tgschmidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tgschmidt
Member since 2004 • 3167 Posts
wow. i really just wanted to comment in the hate filled thread. not going to choose a side. no wonder aliens won't visit us, we can't even get along with each other :)
stevo684

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 stevo684
Member since 2004 • 114 Posts

Why is it that I'm constantly having to hear people from other countries tell me why I should hate mine? I was born here andI have no control over what my country does as a whole, so why do you have to tell me that it's my fault that there are **** in the United States?

(btw, this isn't directed at the original poster, its just a general comment)

TopBossUltra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TopBossUltra
[QUOTE="steveo2000"]

BongMonkey

Not that agree with steveo's point or anything, but where a console is MADE isn't as important as where it is developed and who owns the factory that makes them. No matter where it is made it's a Microsoft product, and that's the point.

Snowpeas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Snowpeas
Member since 2003 • 647 Posts

Its so true. Even Microsoft's Zune, doesn't support unicode idtag. And they are suppose to be competing with Ipod?

PS. to whoever said to go buy console's made from your own country: Only some1 stupid and immature would say that. So don't say it.

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
Microsoft is an American corporation, that aims at an American consumer. Who'd have thought it.
Mr_Wes32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Mr_Wes32
Member since 2007 • 354 Posts
okay stick to the game problems and lets not discuss politics unless you know what your talking about
Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

Microsoft is an American corporation, that aims at an American consumer. Who'd have thought it.Ket87
LOL that is the fcking post of the day.

really all you kids need to get educated and stop playing the Iraq card the media blows everything out of proportion, oh that and the peace loving Frenchys and a few british, most of them are good guys though

siletsteve24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 siletsteve24
Member since 2003 • 273 Posts

Just remember UK.....when your country gets blown up.....Guess whos coming to the rescue.....America.

Stop **** don't act like english people don't act that way because they do.....

GEARSofWAR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GEARSofWAR360
Member since 2006 • 1405 Posts
[QUOTE="rexxpro"]

FunkyHeadHunter

i agree with ur points
Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts
Microsoft is extremely lazy. They make already backwards compatible games downloadable for a fee that don't work everywhere available?!?
Avatar image for forgetwatyahear
forgetwatyahear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 forgetwatyahear
Member since 2005 • 6260 Posts
we can criticize all day but the fact is we all have a 360 for various reasons.
Shakti_020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Shakti_020
Member since 2004 • 381 Posts

Wow dude, this topic rocks!!!

You guys have the tendency to go offtopic in an instant!!!

I wonder if the topic starter got an answer..

lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lucas_kelly
Member since 2005 • 5783 Posts
Very few original Xbox games work via VGA. Even in the US.
gamegod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 gamegod
Member since 2002 • 2497 Posts

Personally i think its nice for once that there is a viable american console out there.alot of cool stuff comes out in japan that will never make it over here.I know that the original topic was about about compatibility and yeah it does suck that ms doesnt give other countries the proper amount of attention.

xDJxGodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 xDJxGodx
Member since 2006 • 229 Posts
I blame brits for the iraqi war, since 80% of us are making ridiculous claims.
wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 wreak
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts
[QUOTE="rexxpro"]

FunkyHeadHunter

wow thats so wrong it's insane. i donno where you get your facts from but oh boy are they wrong. i don't want to turn this into some political debate but...oh man...

-SiiLeNCE-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#45 -SiiLeNCE-
Member since 2006 • 2161 Posts
dude that's serious if the game won't play and you actually paid for it and you know why it's not working you have to phone ms and ask them whats going on
dipper145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dipper145
Member since 2007 • 1425 Posts
yes.. yes we are all americans.
ibanezdropd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ibanezdropd
Member since 2003 • 1844 Posts
interesting... i live in the US, but i do use the VGA cable..... i wonder if i'll have any issues
raghraghragh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#48 raghraghragh
Member since 2007 • 6613 Posts

Just remember UK.....when your country gets blown up.....Guess whos coming to the rescue.....America.

Stop **** don't act like english people don't act that way because they do.....

siletsteve24

"Oh look, it's 1944 and the Bristish have been fighting this war for a considerable number of years, so now let's run up a hill, over the top of dead Bristish soldiers and kill a few Nazis, then drop two bombs on innocent civilians." :P

But in all seriousness, I don't have a problem with Americans or the British. As with all countries, there's plenty of stupid people, it's just that since America is one of the largest and most powerful countries in the world, it just seems like there's a lot of more stupid people than anywhere else because they're 'louder' in the global community than almost anyone else. That, and their president is a moron, but that's not a reflection on Americans in general. Hell, they can't be THAT stupid. Have you non-Americans SEEN his apporval ratings? Anyone who thinks that badly of Bush, in my books, can't be that stupid. :P

Everyone just chillout. I was looking at this topic because I am considering purchasing a X360 for Christma, and this issue is important to me because I live in Australia and we were a conolny of the Brits and hence share the PAL standard with them.

bouncer2088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 bouncer2088
Member since 2003 • 151 Posts

What's funny, and not surprising in the least is that this thread quickly became an America bash/defense....

I agree tho, about Microsoft being nationaly biased... They only really do it tho cuz the American market makes them more money.... Least, that's what I think.

rexxpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 rexxpro
Member since 2007 • 371 Posts

My message got deleted, obviously someone reported it to a mod.

I am and was not being a bigot. I met a lot of people from a lot of nations when I was travelling arround australian and all the american tourists thought or would act like they were better than other people.

THIS IS NOT BIGOTRY BUT TRUTH