This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for jamesallenyz431
jamesallenyz431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 jamesallenyz431
Member since 2005 • 190 Posts

Has anyone have a problem with cyberstalkers on xbox live? it seems theres nothing you can do about it, u can mute/block communacations but they can still join your game over and over again. ive called xbox and they say they will look into it but i havent seen any results.

any suggestions?

Eddie5vs1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Eddie5vs1
Member since 2004 • 6085 Posts
[QUOTE="jamesallenyz431"]

Has anyone have a problem with cyberstalkers on xbox live? it seems theres nothing you can do about it, u can mute/block communacations but they can still join your game over and over again. ive called xbox and they say they will look into it but i havent seen any results.

any suggestions?

No, honestly I've never experienced stalking on XBL, and I used to be on pretty often. I get the occasional angry message after playing SFIV, but that's it. Can you try to file a report with MS for harrassment?
ryanweinmann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 ryanweinmann
Member since 2007 • 894 Posts

If you submit them a bad review then they won't put in you in the same game as them.

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

If you submit them a bad review then they won't put in you in the same game as them.

ryanweinmann
Sadly that fails to work. I've tried avoiding people that annoy me by their screeching or singing in games, but kept getting put in the same matches with them. The whole rep system is a waste of time as it does nothing
Avatar image for 8732_YoungJeezy
8732_YoungJeezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 8732_YoungJeezy
Member since 2008 • 1656 Posts

you could just put your status on offline

xscott1018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xscott1018
Member since 2008 • 1266 Posts
i've never had a stalking online.the rep system doesn't really work all that great
Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts

Set status to offline, mute them, block communications, join a party and make it invite only... the first three should do you plenty... if you set your status to offline... when they look at your profile it will simply say "Offline"... there will be no option to join your games...

jamesallenyz431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jamesallenyz431

8732_YoungJeezy

thats what i do, i appear offline and that seems to be working but, these "people" (no offence) should be punished. trying to play a racing game and they join and just spend all there time wrecking u, quit join a new game and seconds later they are there again. ive had some in COD4 that gernade u off the start. but they usually get the hint when u leave and get in a new room. its not like theres alot of these people so i believer MS could just ban them from xbox live, because it is seriously ruining the fun.

The stalker im talking about,lives on the other side of the country, has looking me up on myspace, messeged my friends on there, called my house every 10 minutes till i blocked his #, i got over 60 emails from him, he took photos of me and has cropped them. ive looked it up and its cyberstalking, but theres very little you can do about it. saddest part is that hes 29, lives with his parents and has kids....i think his soon to be ex-wife is gonna make sure he dont see them. only reason i know that is i looked him up and contacted her and she called me to tell my what kind of nut job i was dealing with. he is obsessed with this game and i pretty much quit playing it because of him. i know of at least 6 other people that he has harassed as well

if u read all that, you have to leave a comment LOL

jamesallenyz431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jamesallenyz431

ooh and im sure he will find me on here sooner or later and spam this site as well, he has found me on other forums

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts

[QUOTE="8732_YoungJeezy"]

jamesallenyz431

thats what i do, i appear offline and that seems to be working but, these "people" (no offence) should be punished. trying to play a racing game and they join and just spend all there time wrecking u, quit join a new game and seconds later they are there again. ive had some in COD4 that gernade u off the start. but they usually get the hint when u leave and get in a new room. its not like theres alot of these people so i believer MS could just ban them from xbox live, because it is seriously ruining the fun.

The stalker im talking about,lives on the other side of the country, has looking me up on myspace, messeged my friends on there, called my house every 10 minutes till i blocked his #, i got over 60 emails from him, he took photos of me and has cropped them. ive looked it up and its cyberstalking, but theres very little you can do about it. saddest part is that hes 29, lives with his parents and has kids....i think his soon to be ex-wife is gonna make sure he dont see them. only reason i know that is i looked him up and contacted her and she called me to tell my what kind of nut job i was dealing with. he is obsessed with this game and i pretty much quit playing it because of him. i know of at least 6 other people that he has harassed as well

Why would you look up your stalker and call his wife? Also... how could you possibly know that he lives with his parents or that he has children without physically going and seeing... because where people live and whether or not they have children is not a matter of public record that you can just search for...

spendinbig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 spendinbig
Member since 2004 • 698 Posts

Dude thats messed up, I would fork over the 10 bucks and change your gamertag.
jamesallenyz431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jamesallenyz431

Squeets

Why would you look up your stalker and call his wife? Also... how could you possibly know that he lives with his parents or that he has children without physically going and seeing... because where people live and whether or not they have children is not a matter of public record that you can just search for...

i looked her up so she knows what hes doing, i knew about his kids from other people that have played with him. she called me and gave me the low down on there legal issues. its just really dumb

joe11king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 joe11king
Member since 2005 • 879 Posts

[QUOTE="Squeets"]

[QUOTE="jamesallenyz431"] thats what i do, i appear offline and that seems to be working but, these "people" (no offence) should be punished. trying to play a racing game and they join and just spend all there time wrecking u, quit join a new game and seconds later they are there again. ive had some in COD4 that gernade u off the start. but they usually get the hint when u leave and get in a new room. its not like theres alot of these people so i believer MS could just ban them from xbox live, because it is seriously ruining the fun.

jamesallenyz431

i looked her up so she knows what hes doing, i knew about his kids from other people that have played with him. she called me and gave me the low down on there legal issues. its just really dumb

And there's nothing police can do...? Dude that's messed up.
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

I've never experienced that.

Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts
How did he get your myspace? Unless you told it to him, there isn't any other way I can see. If you left it in your bio, then you were somewhat asking for it.
Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

How did he get your myspace? Unless you told it to him, there isn't any other way I can see. If you left it in your bio, then you were somewhat asking for it.Doomtime

Yep, you pretty much waived away your right to privacy by having all your information on myspace/XBL/facebook w/e and allowing EVERYONE to look at it. Setting these things to private does wonders.

jamesallenyz431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jamesallenyz431
How did he get your myspace? Unless you told it to him, there isn't any other way I can see. If you left it in your bio, then you were somewhat asking for it.Doomtime
my gamertag and display name on myspace are the same, i now got all my stuff set on private, but that was after he was sending people on my friends list rude comments and messeges, he found out my wifes name and goggle that with our town and thats how he got my phone(im assuming) i tried ignoring him but after a few months of getting messeges from him, calls from him, random people saying stuff to me cuz of stuff he has said i had enough, he owns a site i had it shut down but its back up but i am working on shutting it down for good, he has a long list of legal issues(domestic violence and DUI's) hes just a waste of skin.
jamesallenyz431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jamesallenyz431
[QUOTE="joe11king"][QUOTE="jamesallenyz431"]

[QUOTE="Squeets"]

And there's nothing police can do...? Dude that's messed up.

the calls i could have filed a harassment compent, if i had his number at the time, but he was blocking his #, i called my phone company and now anyone blocking there number can not call me, if he calls me again and 2am to leave harassing voice mails im sure his PO will like to hear about it.