Crackdown: Great game or %$#@

This topic is locked from further discussion.

atst007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 atst007
Member since 2005 • 1019 Posts
I've heard many different things about Crackdown and I wasn't too impressed by the demo. Is it good or is it $%#@?
grunt1096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 grunt1096
Member since 2007 • 120769 Posts
It's a decent game, cheap now, so it's worth a buy.
atst007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 atst007
Rent or buy?
hemicuda5555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hemicuda5555
Member since 2005 • 185 Posts

I think it's a good game and would be even better if it was a little longer. The co-op is the best part of the game and upgrading everything will keep you occupied.

hemicuda5555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hemicuda5555
Member since 2005 • 185 Posts

I'd buy it since it's cheap.

sk8er310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 sk8er310
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
the demo was ok
atst007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 atst007
Is the game a lot better than the demo? How many hours does it last and how big is the city?
omrikk87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 omrikk87
Member since 2005 • 1322 Posts
its the same as the demo , with a bit more weapons , ability to fly higher and thats it , the whole game is repetetive as hell , 90% of the storyline fight scenes are the same , even with other gangs ,the storyline itself is decent , the only decent+ thing in this game is the co-op but the game isnt that long , and like i said , u will feel "over and over" again after a while , especially in the first 60% of the game
flowernuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 flowernuts
Member since 2007 • 153 Posts
Ilove it and still play it!
CrazyRabbi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CrazyRabbi
Member since 2007 • 2153 Posts
It's still not worth a buy, some people had fun with it but the game was really crappy and alot of people were suckered into buying it cause of the Halo 3 beta but all you had to do was rent the game and you could still play the beta. Funny thing was that the beta and Halo 3 in general wasn't that great but still alot better then this game.
xxxMoreBeerxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xxxMoreBeerxxx
Member since 2006 • 993 Posts
I wouldn't call Crackdown a great game but it is a very good game. I bought it on a whim and was pleasantly surprised to find my self addicted to it for a few weeks. I would recommend buying it because of its low priceand the quantity of content. Don't believe the haters. God himself could make the ultimate game and there would still be posts like the one above me.
llSapphyrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#12 llSapphyrell
Member since 2007 • 805 Posts

i like the game...

when i play mga character, it feels like a combination of Spider-Man + Deadpool...

i will rate it a 7/10

An-Archist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 An-Archist
Member since 2007 • 298 Posts
It's pretty damn good! Free Roam and Superhero...ness mix together to create an awesome game!
llSapphyrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 llSapphyrell
yes... very true... you can roam everywhere you want and pretend you are Spider-Man or somethingg... or Venom...
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#15 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
Crackdown is one of my favorite games on the 360. I like to think of it as GTA with superpowers :) At its current price there isn't an excuse not to own it. I bought Crackdown despite the Halo 3 beta :)
llSapphyrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 llSapphyrell

sad for me but the reason i bought Crackdown was because i had nothing else to choose from due to scarcity of Xbox 360 games in our province...

but luckily, as i played along, i started enjoying....

i'm a big fan of Spider-Man and... id didn't take long til i fell in love climbing walls and jumping like Spidey...

darkghost75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 darkghost75
Member since 2007 • 1584 Posts
great game
Kravaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kravaus
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I liked it. The biggest downside of it is that after you finish it, you probably get bored of it. And it's a bit short. So it's a rent for most people.
levitius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 levitius
Member since 2005 • 862 Posts
its a cheap fun game. great whilst it lasts but is a bit on the short side, not much replay value but definatley worth a rental.
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#20 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Was fun at times, but way too short and easy to beat.
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts

its great fun,with the price it is now 2nd hand in uk is near enough £10 for that price your getting so much fun for your money

the only thing id say if ya got a few games the first time ya play it espieally if its on a sdtv it looks kinda mad and ya will take a few goes to get used to it. but once your used to it and took down ur first gang boss memeber theys a good chance ya will of got bitten by the bug and really start to enjoy it.

its a really good game, not really something ya should pay the full £40 for but its definetally worth it for £10-15 what it sells for now. really good game , was one of the first i got with me xbox and its definetally great

sometimes ya will get proper sidetracked from taking the gangs down, coz they loads of power up orbs that give ya better jumping and running skills and once ya climb a buiilding ya will see hundreds of them and easy to get side tracked and end up jumping all over the city collectin them

demos arnt usually good representations of games, ive played canny few and not liked it but then had the full game and loved it.

djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts

Was fun at times, but way too short and easy to beat. mrgab

did ya by any chance play it on the easy difficulty coz its much harder on the 3rd level the hardest. most games are easy on

the easy to be honest.

oh its great on co op over live as well, once ya start playing someone will buzz into ur game and then theys 2 of yas free roam in the city taking on the gangs or just having a crack on

msdd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#23 msdd9
Member since 2007 • 2957 Posts

Ilove it and still play it!flowernuts

Me too. I just stopped playing it to play through Mass Effect again.

It's a really good game that has a lot of fun stuff to offer. It's true the story isn't very good at all, but the gameplay which is the real focus of the game is great fun. It's awesome just being able to jump 30 feet straight up. I think now more than ever it is a game that deserves to be played.

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts
Gotta love Crackdown! Great game.
MIB911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MIB911
Member since 2006 • 1720 Posts

Crackdown is very addicting at first but once u beat the 3 bosses (which honestly doesnt take much time) then it get pretty boring. climbing buildings and jumping from rooftop to rooftop to collect the orbs is pretty addicting also but like i said it can get boring quik.

after that the game doesnt offer much more... by the timeu beat all the bosses and collect most of the orbs and get most of the achvments the game doesnt offer any replay value so its ur choice.

its a good game that i think everyone should try but i'm warning u it will get boring and eventually u'll stop playin it.

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#26 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts

[QUOTE="mrgab"]Was fun at times, but way too short and easy to beat. djrobst

did ya by any chance play it on the easy difficulty coz its much harder on the 3rd level the hardest. most games are easy on

the easy to be honest.

oh its great on co op over live as well, once ya start playing someone will buzz into ur game and then theys 2 of yas free roam in the city taking on the gangs or just having a crack on

Nope, played it on default difficulty like do on most games first time playing them.

Morphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 Morphic
Member since 2003 • 4345 Posts
I think it's good, but id say its a rent. I blew through it pretty fast.