Counter Strike: Global Offensive

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#1 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts

Anyone getting it? Releases this Tuesday.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#2 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
I was going to get it on PC since thats where I've always played CS.. now it's coming to consoles I have no idea which system to get it on.
Avatar image for scouttrooperbob
scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 scouttrooperbob
Member since 2008 • 2439 Posts

I think i will. Never got to play counterstrike in the past because im a console gamer. Love tactical shooters.

MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#4 MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts
I was going to get it on PC since thats where I've always played CS.. now it's coming to consoles I have no idea which system to get it on.Rattlesnake_8
Well yea, it was never on any other platform except PC. Now it's going to consoles so it'll be interesting how well it works. I gotta figure it's going to be a lot harder to play on the 360 than PC. Unfortunately, I don't have a laptop that could run it and most of my gamer friends are consoles anyway so going with the Xbox version is an easy choice for me.
Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 Trinitarian
Member since 2007 • 1407 Posts

[QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"]I was going to get it on PC since thats where I've always played CS.. now it's coming to consoles I have no idea which system to get it on.MaddenBowler10
Well yea, it was never on any other platform except PC. Now it's going to consoles so it'll be interesting how well it works. I gotta figure it's going to be a lot harder to play on the 360 than PC. Unfortunately, I don't have a laptop that could run it and most of my gamer friends are consoles anyway so going with the Xbox version is an easy choice for me.

wrong it was on the first xbox

The_Joker1721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 The_Joker1721
Member since 2012 • 304 Posts
Played Counter Strike and I'm definitely getting this as soon as I can on the Xbox
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#7 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

[QUOTE="MaddenBowler10"][QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"]I was going to get it on PC since thats where I've always played CS.. now it's coming to consoles I have no idea which system to get it on.Trinitarian

wrong it was on the first xbox

Yeah, I have the original game still since it works on my 360. I have bought the game already on PC and am playing the beta. It's awesome! I will probably get it on the 360 as well since it's cheap, especially if it has splitscreen.

Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

I can't really comment on the console versions or previous Counter Strike games because I have never played any of them but I bought Counter Strike GO for the PC last night and it is one of the worst competitive FPS games I have ever played, it's just plain terrible. It feels thrown together and sloppy, plus the hit detection is prolly the worst I have ever experienced in any game. If the older CS games where this bad, I honestly don't see how this series has such a large following.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#9 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
Member since 2008 • 4403 Posts

As long as they have Deathmatch, Gun Game, AWP, Surf, and all those gametypes still in.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#10 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts
Will it be available for download right at midnigh?
solidx12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 solidx12
Member since 2006 • 420 Posts

Will it be available for download right at midnigh?Essian

its not in LIVE yet i have been trying all morning and its 1:30PM ESTnow.

whats going on?

Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

[QUOTE="Essian"]Will it be available for download right at midnigh?solidx12

its not in LIVE yet i have been trying all morning and its 1:30PM ESTnow.

whats going on?

According to Major Nelson it doesn't come out until tomorrow Aug. 22nd

http://majornelson.com/2012/08/21/a-look-at-content-coming-soon-to-the-xbox-2/

Avatar image for Cyanide4Suicid3
Cyanide4Suicid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Cyanide4Suicid3
Member since 2012 • 733 Posts
[QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"]I was going to get it on PC since thats where I've always played CS.. now it's coming to consoles I have no idea which system to get it on.MaddenBowler10

No, I remember playing a CS title on the original Xbox...
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#14 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
Member since 2008 • 4403 Posts
[QUOTE="MaddenBowler10"][QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"]I was going to get it on PC since thats where I've always played CS.. now it's coming to consoles I have no idea which system to get it on.Cyanide4Suicid3

No, I remember playing a CS title on the original Xbox...

I believe it was a version of 1.6 ported to the Xbox that never gained a following and was never really supported.
Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts
Yeah, I want this game, but I don't know when to get it. I originally was going to get it this week and I was also going to get Sleeping Dogs on release, but I am STILL busy with Dragon's Dogma. I am pretty confident when I say I am going to get Rock Band Blitz on release next week though on XBLA :P. Dragon's Dogma is a big game. At least Rock Band is a type of game that can be played alongside Dragon's Dogma.
Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

The main differences fomr the PC version are graphics, which for this aprticular game I don't think matter much, and frame rate. 60+ FPs on PC vs 30 FPS on consoles. That would be a deal killer for me for such a competitve shooter, but I'm sure it's not for many console gamers.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

The main differences fomr the PC version are graphics, which for this aprticular game I don't think matter much, and frame rate. 60+ FPs on PC vs 30 FPS on consoles. That would be a deal killer for me for such a competitve shooter, but I'm sure it's not for many console gamers.