Colin Mcrae Dirt is terrible...

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Spamwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Spamwell
Member since 2004 • 464 Posts
Sure the graphics are good but the car handling is terrible. They've made the game too arcadey; way more arcadey that Rallissport Challenge was. The cars have no weight to them and turn on a dime. I absolutely hate this game...
elmafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 elmafia
Member since 2003 • 1490 Posts
and i love it
Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts
I love it too.  I think the control is great, almost identical to Rallisport Challenge 2, which by the way was nowhere near realistic. 
martin_f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 martin_f
Member since 2005 • 2605 Posts
I loved it and im not all too into Racers its much better than Forza and Motorstorm which ive both played demos of.
Spamwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Spamwell
Have u tried it with the racing wheel??? It is unplayable. The cars turns, break, accelerate and turn unrealistically and horribly. I absolutely loved Rallisport Challenge 2; I absolutely hate this game. Maybe it's because I've become used to Forza 2's beatifully realistic handling and physics that I don't like Dirt... But Dirt stinks.
Spamwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Spamwell
I loved it and im not all too into Racers its much better than Forza and Motorstorm which ive both played demos of.martin_f
U aren't into racers, that's why u like this game. Any real racing fan would hate this game.
Longman27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Longman27
Member since 2006 • 706 Posts
yes it is probley the worst handling rally game i've ever played. You can't maintain a drift, you drift way too easy on tarmac, its just terrible. every other aspect of the game is fantasic BUT the handling sucks period. If you think its great you have fun with arcade racing.
dreamscott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 dreamscott
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts
 I thought Dirt was garbage but I am getting Forza 2 next week, whooo!!!!
lobobizarro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lobobizarro
Member since 2005 • 681 Posts
Yes, i found the handling with the Wheel too be horrible. Thinking it was the wheel, I tried w/o it, same thing.
lge777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 lge777
Member since 2003 • 2507 Posts
    Guess i will have to wait on Motto GP 08 i know that will be good
fordies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 fordies
Member since 2005 • 5829 Posts

Guess i will have to wait on Motto GP 08 i know that will be goodlge777

Do you know when thats out? 

tony_fjellborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tony_fjellborg
Member since 2006 • 1123 Posts
Forza is to realistic, if i wanted to drive a car that realistic i just go out and drive a real car. Dirt is just plain fun and so much more fun then driving forza or a real car..
Gregoroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gregoroth
Member since 2005 • 2552 Posts
Agreed that the handling is poor. Colin McRae games have always had a centre pivotal point in the vehicles which makes it seem like a 'hovercraft', even on tarmac. The rear wheels just glide around which make replays look disasterous.

Codemasters' even said the handling would be completely rebuilt for this game but I don't see it. Looks great though...
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts

[QUOTE="martin_f"]I loved it and im not all too into Racers its much better than Forza and Motorstorm which ive both played demos of.Spamwell
U aren't into racers, that's why u like this game. Any real racing fan would hate this game.

I am a pretty big racing fan, F1 and Rally mostly, and I love the game, feels like the old Colin games with better handling, you are just not that good. 

gamespotter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gamespotter69
Member since 2005 • 202 Posts
Sure the graphics are good but the car handling is terrible. They've made the game too arcadey; way more arcadey that Rallissport Challenge was. The cars have no weight to them and turn on a dime. I absolutely hate this game...Spamwell
Yea your right DiRT is a wicked game and i will be purchasing it most deffinately! see you on there!! :p
VinnoT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 VinnoT
Member since 2003 • 4649 Posts

I prefered DIRT over Forza2. But ill end up getting both of them, because im a chump.

On Dirt though, I thought it was a bit arcady, but with the damage turned all the way up some of the crashes will be amazing I bet. 

carpon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 carpon
Member since 2004 • 1454 Posts

Forza is to realistic, if i wanted to drive a car that realistic i just go out and drive a real car. Dirt is just plain fun and so much more fun then driving forza or a real car..tony_fjellborg

Yes because driving an average ford/honda/whatever down the street at 40 mph is exactly the same as driving a ferrari at over 200 mph around a race track. :roll:

But i don't want you to think I hate arcade racers, either. My two favorite racers are Forza and Burnout, so I like every kind of racer. That is probably why I had no real problem with Dirt's handling, despite the fact that it didn't feel very realistic.

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

This is really bad news for me, i was hoping DIRT would be more of a sim rally racer than the ridiculous arcadey antics of motorstorm.

With the supposed arcade dynamics of this game where does that lead to with regards to the new TOCA game coming from codies??

incendiumx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 incendiumx
Member since 2004 • 254 Posts
i LOVE dirt... the game is great! I cant wait for more tracks/cars. I am buying for sure.  You cant maintain a drift? Maybe thats because you suck? I have no problems....
alawar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 alawar
Member since 2004 • 26 Posts
bs to the guy that says this sucks, this game is awesome and i can see my self when i buy it forgetting about forza motorsport two and its bland action on the track!
Wezker619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Wezker619
Member since 2006 • 1427 Posts
hey I like Dirt, the demo was good and its probably going to fun online. I have more fun playing Dirt than the Forza demo because Forza is just more real and If I wanted something real I would go outside.
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts
how can you hate a game that hasnt even come out yet.i mean it doesnt come out till june 19th which leaves plenty of time to tweak the controls.as for me i loved it and i can tell you i am an avid racing fan.ive owned at one point every racing game worth getting on the original xbox and I have or at one point had every 360 racing game except for need for speed carbon.it just takes time getting used too and i do agree the brakes are a bit on the sensitive side but it beats mashing the left trigger and nothng happens.now i havnt bought the wheel yet.im hoping for them to sell it without PGR3 since i lready have it but im sure with alittle time and practices it will come easy.a real racing fan doesnt hate a game because its controls in a Demo arnt tight.a real racing fan adapts
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FUBAR24

[QUOTE="tony_fjellborg"]Forza is to realistic, if i wanted to drive a car that realistic i just go out and drive a real car. Dirt is just plain fun and so much more fun then driving forza or a real car..carpon

Yes because driving an average ford/honda/whatever down the street at 40 mph is exactly the same as driving a ferrari at over 200 mph around a race track. :roll:

But i don't want you to think I hate arcade racers, either. My two favorite racers are Forza and Burnout, so I like every kind of racer. That is probably why I had no real problem with Dirt's handling, despite the fact that it didn't feel very realistic.

but he was saying in general.i mean if you went out and drove a ferrari and sebring it would probably feel the same.i just cant wait till next summer cause i get a chance to drive a porsche around nuremburgring  

snoopy501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 snoopy501
Member since 2006 • 210 Posts
how can you hate a game that hasnt even come out yet.i mean it doesnt come out till june 19th which leaves plenty of time to tweak the controls.as for me i loved it and i can tell you i am an avid racing fan.ive owned at one point every racing game worth getting on the original xbox and I have or at one point had every 360 racing game except for need for speed carbon.it just takes time getting used too and i do agree the brakes are a bit on the sensitive side but it beats mashing the left trigger and nothng happens.now i havnt bought the wheel yet.im hoping for them to sell it without PGR3 since i lready have it but im sure with alittle time and practices it will come easy.a real racing fan doesnt hate a game because its controls in a Demo arnt tight.a real racing fan adaptsFUBAR24
dirt suck .HOW? IT CALL PLAYING THE DEMO.
FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FUBAR24

[QUOTE="FUBAR24"]how can you hate a game that hasnt even come out yet.i mean it doesnt come out till june 19th which leaves plenty of time to tweak the controls.as for me i loved it and i can tell you i am an avid racing fan.ive owned at one point every racing game worth getting on the original xbox and I have or at one point had every 360 racing game except for need for speed carbon.it just takes time getting used too and i do agree the brakes are a bit on the sensitive side but it beats mashing the left trigger and nothng happens.now i havnt bought the wheel yet.im hoping for them to sell it without PGR3 since i lready have it but im sure with alittle time and practices it will come easy.a real racing fan doesnt hate a game because its controls in a Demo arnt tight.a real racing fan adaptssnoopy501
dirt suck .HOW? IT CALL PLAYING THE DEMO.

exactly its just a demo not the full game.come back when you start speaking in full sentences not Tarzan language 

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#27 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

I want another Rallisport Challenge game.. this DIRT game seems ok, but NOTHING like the Rallisport Challange games...

Main differance for me is the controls.. The controls on Rallisport Challenge where MUCH better then the DIRT demo 

dkslade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28 dkslade
Member since 2004 • 194 Posts

i think the game is very challenging, not a pick up controller and win (like need for speed).

the more you play and get used to the steering/braking aspect, this game could be a blast to play.

and yes i have played this demo more than forza.

danciu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 danciu
Member since 2005 • 369 Posts
I played the demo and I think Its good.I  have to mention that Im a huge fan of F1 and played all the major racing games in the last 8 years.
usule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 usule
Member since 2003 • 1734 Posts
I thought the game looked Great!!! And for the controls, they were good to me...I'd rather play games like pgr 3 who are more arcade than games like forza 2... Can't wait for that game!!! I know it's Rally but I would have still liked to play it online against several people on the screen as well, that's my only complaint...
rob101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 rob101
Member since 2003 • 850 Posts
I liked the demo, it was really good, and I do not see how you can hate it if you have not played the full game yet, the crashes looked good, the steering was not bad, drifts were easy to pull off, it was all around an awesome game can't wait for June 18th
MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MTBare
Member since 2006 • 5176 Posts
Yeah the demo was fun. It's a videogame, not real life. Of course it's not realistic.
hxce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 595

#33 hxce
Member since 2006 • 2099 Posts
Forza is to realistic, if i wanted to drive a car that realistic i just go out and drive a real car. Dirt is just plain fun and so much more fun then driving forza or a real car..tony_fjellborg

Thats the dumbest comment ive ever heard. So I guess you have a lifetime access to a Race track and can afford to buy and tune tons of different cars. And whos gonna race with you? Do you have 7 real life friends who also have access to all the race track around the world? This comment is bull****.
Conroi58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Conroi58
Member since 2006 • 929 Posts
Doesn't this game come out on June 19th or is there a Demo for it.
Brak_N_Zorak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Brak_N_Zorak
Member since 2003 • 969 Posts
I liked the graphics and it seems to have plenty of modes to race in but the steering is to sensitive for my taste. I barely press the stick and I am spinning out. I just need to practice some more cause I love off road games.
xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts
this is not a race sim like forza. this is rally racing. two completely different race styles. everyone that hates it for gameplay doesnt know what there talking about.
Kenshi_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Kenshi_is_god
Member since 2004 • 5414 Posts
i love how the dirt goes through your car, along with shrubbery. Really adds to the cool factor.
_EvidencE_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 _EvidencE_
Member since 2006 • 1112 Posts

To everyone saying the cars feel like it has no weight:

Its supposed to be like that. They dip the rally cars in acid to reduce the weight (just for an exemple). Its more realistic to have the car weightless. 

jdbthexboxgamr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#39 jdbthexboxgamr
Member since 2006 • 2307 Posts

[QUOTE="martin_f"]I loved it and im not all too into Racers its much better than Forza and Motorstorm which ive both played demos of.Spamwell
. Any real racing fan would hate this game.

i am 100% sure i have played more racing games than you,i am definately what someone would call a "real racing fan" and i love this game,so please just speak for yourself....

danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
i didn't like the turning either.... now i kinda got used to it (the human brain easily adapts...) and i'm starting to like it. Still not sure whether i'll buy it or not though
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts

Doesn't this game come out on June 19th or is there a Demo for it.Conroi58

he, he.. yeah, there is a demo on market place 

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FUBAR24

[QUOTE="tony_fjellborg"]Forza is to realistic, if i wanted to drive a car that realistic i just go out and drive a real car. Dirt is just plain fun and so much more fun then driving forza or a real car..thriicee

Thats the dumbest comment ive ever heard. So I guess you have a lifetime access to a Race track and can afford to buy and tune tons of different cars. And whos gonna race with you? Do you have 7 real life friends who also have access to all the race track around the world? This comment is bull****.

you moron he was talking about the physics themselfs not the game as a whole.the cars are supposed to feel how they would on the streets and thats what he was implying 

Gokuja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Gokuja
Member since 2005 • 3767 Posts

i LOVE dirt... the game is great! I cant wait for more tracks/cars. I am buying for sure.  You cant maintain a drift? Maybe thats because you suck? I have no problems....incendiumx

i agree, im sick of these threads complaining on how they can't handle the cars so it must not be realistic and sucks.  it was fine for me.  i mean oh wow, in forza 2 all i had to do was simply let go of the gas and push the analog stick right or left....very realistic if you ask me. 

hxce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hxce

He reason that instead of playing a realistic racing game you should drive your own car. So he obviously must have meant that realistic racing doesn't belong in games because its less fun than f.e. Dirt..

Yea i know he meant the physics, but you cant notice that for 100% on the street thats why i mention race tracks.. Street races is illegal :]

hxce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hxce

[QUOTE="incendiumx"]i LOVE dirt... the game is great! I cant wait for more tracks/cars. I am buying for sure.  You cant maintain a drift? Maybe thats because you suck? I have no problems....Gokuja

i agree, im sick of these threads complaining on how they can't handle the cars so it must not be realistic and sucks.  it was fine for me.  i mean oh wow, in forza 2 all i had to do was simply let go of the gas and push the analog stick right or left....very realistic if you ask me. 

Let go of the gas and just push the analog stick left or right? Lol
Its called steer. Isnt that what you do in Dirt as well?
Avatar image for LivingDeadNinja
LivingDeadNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#46 LivingDeadNinja
Member since 2003 • 8110 Posts

Sure the handling is nuts but the game is still nice. Maybe closer to Rallisport than Colin games usually are.

But i so badly want Rallisport Challenge 3 to be made...

jason_jx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jason_jx
Member since 2004 • 514 Posts
The games amazing, im buying it the day it comes out.
timmay9021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 timmay9021
Member since 2003 • 211 Posts
Dirt is amazing. its by far the most realistic rally racing game ever. its not meant to be a game like forza 2.
Gokuja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Gokuja
Member since 2005 • 3767 Posts
[QUOTE="Gokuja"]

[QUOTE="incendiumx"]i LOVE dirt... the game is great! I cant wait for more tracks/cars. I am buying for sure.  You cant maintain a drift? Maybe thats because you suck? I have no problems....thriicee

Let go of the gas and just push the analog stick left or right? Lol
Its called steer. Isnt that what you do in Dirt as well?

i wasnt just subjecting that to forza, it applies for all games.  i know how you misinterpreted that though. 

Diablo2343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Diablo2343
Member since 2003 • 982 Posts
Will probably get it before Forza2.  Enjoyed the demo much more.  I loved PGR3 and TDU (and own both).Â