COD WaW Map Pack Download Problem

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vendetta67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Vendetta67
Member since 2009 • 57 Posts
Hey people, I recently purchased Map Packs 1 and 2 for Call of Duty: World at War and downloaded, however, when I go to play the new Map Packs online, it doesn't show up. I checked the memory in my 360 and it has a yellow warning sign next to CoD WaW. So I enter the game saves and there's a yellow warning sign only next to the Map Packs. When I check on them, they both say, "Incomplete" but I watched the download and know for a fact that they finished downloading without any problems. I've tried deleting them and redownloading, but I still have the same problem. I've been searching around the web and forums and haven't found a problem like this resolved (and if someone does find, please tell so I can go check on it). I thought this might be a problem with simply CoD WaW, but when I downloaded the Gears of War 2 Flashback Map Pack, the same error occurs. I have downloaded content before and they have had no problems (all Halo 3, Fallout 3 game add-ons, Bioshock plasmids, themes, gamer pics). I have 7.1 GB left and it's more than enough for the Map Packs. Anyone know what's wrong and how to fix it? Any suggestions are welcomed and thanks in advanced.
Vendetta67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Vendetta67
Anyone have any ideas, know how to solve, or had the same problem?
Vendetta67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Vendetta67
bump
ghost2046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ghost2046
Member since 2009 • 351 Posts

call up ms 360 tech support--the 800 number should be on the 360 site

Vendetta67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Vendetta67
Thanks, I'll try that, but has anyone experienced any problems similar to this?
Vendetta67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Vendetta67
Bump
Vendetta67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Vendetta67
Well does anyone have any clues or ideas besides calling/e-mailing microsoft? It's pretty weird that I can't download the maps properly, yet I can purchase them just fine.
Vendetta67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Vendetta67
It says that I can't download the Map Pack after it reached completetion, what happened?
Vendetta67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Vendetta67
BUMP, sorry for keeping this alive so much, but I really need help and don't want my 20 bucks to be a waste. I've already sent Microsoft an e-mail. I've even tried clearing out the Xbox 360 Cache
lge777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 lge777
Member since 2003 • 2507 Posts

i had kinda the same problem just.. Clear the cache,Shut you Xbox down, Unplug it from the wall for about 20-30 mins or overnight then start it up..it fixed it for me.

Vendetta67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Vendetta67

Alright, I'll try that. I didn't unplug it for 20-30 min so maybe that'll work. Thanks.

SemperFi114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SemperFi114
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Another thing, my brother and I share an xbox and I downloaded all of the map packs. But when he signs on, they do not work for him. I was wondering if that is supposed to happen and he has to buy them again on his profile or if theres a problem. On other downloads, (such as fable 2, add-ons) it worked for both of us.
chemist2517

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 chemist2517
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I've experienced the same problem with accessing the COD 5 map packs from other users on the same Xbox that the maps were purchased on. I think the game developers have thought they can make some extra money by forcing each individual user to purchase the map packs even if they all share the same xbox. Pretty low, considering every other game developer that I know allows extra content purchased by a user to be shared with others on the same console.

After selling more than 4 million units of the map packs your would think COD 5 is profitable enough as it is!

limey66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 limey66
Hi...I have the same problem...I purchased both Map Pack 1 and 2 and they download to 99% then I just get a message saying map pack cannot be downloaded....I live in Canada , bought the X box here brand new and registered it here, I have downloaded the free makin map no problem but these will not complete...I have tried so many times I am sick...I have emailed support ...waste of time and phoned support twice , they just keep trying stupid stuff i have tried a hundred times...clearing the cache etc...this sucks I am out $30 and not getting any real help!
jonnyA873

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jonnyA873
try deleting the cod career coz myn kept on pausing and i didi tht and it worked
zahpod42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 zahpod42
Member since 2003 • 43 Posts

I'm not sure this will fix your situation, but here is what worked for me. I have two xboxs hooked to the same router, and when Icleared my system cache memory on them (x, x, left bumper, right bumper, x x), they both required an update the next time I tried to start up COD: WAW. One of my xboxs downloaded the update just fine, but the other one kept stopping at 99% and giving me a message stating that it could not download the update. So, after several tries, I deleted both map packs and tried to re-download them. The same thing happened while trying to re-download the map packs (would stop at 99% and say that the map packs could not be downloaded). I called xbox tech support, and they had me delete the map packs again, unhook the xbox with the issue from the router and connect it directly to my modem. I was then able to download the map packs and the update with no problem. Once I was done with that, I reconnected my xbox to my router, and all is well.

Just FyI, I had to manually enter my modem's MAC address into the xbox under >System Settings>Network Settings>Configure Network>Additional Settings>Advanced Settings (the guy at MS tech support told me how to find out this address using my computer, but I can't remember what he had me type in on the computer to do it). Then, once everything was working, I had to delete the address that I manually put in, and power down everything:xboxs, router, modem (in that order) and then power them back on in reverse order (make sure that you take iany back up batteries out of the modem when you power it down, otherwise it won't really power down).

Hope this at least puts you on the right track.