COD 4 Beta The truth

• 147 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Rebel108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Rebel108
Member since 2006 • 723 Posts

Sorry to say, Halo haters, but cod 4 has nothing on halo. I've just played the cod 4 beta, and the graphics are bland and boring. The guns lack detail. On top of that, the perks system is unbalanced and nothing special. COD 4 has no innovations, everything was done in COD 3 already. Also, the scopes and attachments to guns is very cheap beause they offer a larger field of view for the higher ranked people which makes the game unforgiving for casuals and noobs. There is a great lack of balance in this game and offers nothing that COD 3 already didn't have.

Halo 3 beta >>>>>>>COD 4 beta.

Open your eyes. The equipment in halo>>perks in cod 4. Plus, in cod4 you can even control or drive any vehicles, while halo seamlessly blends vehicle warfare with shooting. Halo 3 also offers much more interesting weapons and a more equal playing ground for all the players. On top of all the awesome content halo has (4 player co-op, 4 grenades, equipment, lots of guns, lots of vehicles) it manages to squeeze in saved films and forge (object editor) giving the player way better customization than just creating a class. COD 4 may become a good shooter, but will pale in comparison to halo 3. If you do not understand this, then i suggest giving up video games.

_RA0_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 _RA0_
Member since 2007 • 855 Posts
totally agree, COD 4 is basically COD3 with modern features addon
SgtSilock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 SgtSilock
Member since 2005 • 3167 Posts
Word! Halo 3 Multiplayer is gonna be legendary just as it was for halo 2.
crazymunda6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 crazymunda6
Member since 2004 • 1389 Posts

Sorry to say, Halo haters, but cod 4 has nothing on halo. I've just played the cod 4 beta, and the graphics are bland and boring. The guns lack detail. On top of that, the perks system is unbalanced and nothing special. COD 4 has no innovations, everything was done in COD 3 already. Also, the scopes and attachments to guns is very cheap beause they offer a larger field of view for the higher ranked people which makes the game unforgiving for casuals and noobs. There is a great lack of balance in this game and offers nothing that COD 3 already didn't have.

Open your eyes. The equipment in halo>>perks in cod 4. Plus, in cod4 you can even control or drive any vehicles, while halo seamlessly blends vehicle warfare with shooting. Halo 3 also offers much more interesting weapons and a more equal playing ground for all the players. On top of all the awesome content halo has (4 player co-op, 4 grenades, equipment, lots of guns, lots of vehicles) it manages to squeeze in saved films and forge (object editor) giving the player way better customization than just creating a class. COD 4 may become a good shooter, but will pale in comparison to halo 3. If you do not understand this, then i suggest giving up video games.

Rebel108

I would have to paly the cod4 beta, however by the looks of it, and by the sheer number of AMAZING features in Halo 3, there is no competition. Well, doesnt really matter cause like halo 3 is gonna be the best selling game of all time.
Marko_Ragnos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Marko_Ragnos
Member since 2004 • 209 Posts
Ok lets put this into context look at music now look at the singles chart..... you call that good music? same goes with games volume of purchases does not justify it being a good or bad game.
bano123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 bano123
Member since 2005 • 646 Posts

i couldnt wait for the beta now that i have and played it it doesnt have any originality behind it... seriously modern warfare .. come on now

perks arent that fun espically when someone is a higher lvl than u

Psmol200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Psmol200
Member since 2007 • 572 Posts

An Arguement over Which is better LAME!!!

Bottom line im happy i get to play both these games, both should be GREAT

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
this should get interesting.
Marko_Ragnos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Marko_Ragnos

Psmol200

Yes it is lame but I'm sick of "OMG HALO IS TEH AWESOME" no room for lets see where this going or open to opinion since their minds are made up. Since most Halo players are in high school their parents will only buy them one of the games hence why they take sides so badly.

Rebel108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Rebel108
[QUOTE="Psmol200"]

Marko_Ragnos

Yes it is lame but I'm sick of "OMG HALO IS TEH AWESOME" no room for lets see where this going or open to opinion since their minds are made up. Since most Halo players are in high school their parents will only buy them one of the games hence why they take sides so badly.

If your so smart how about you back up your words with some real facts?

VetteMan85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 VetteMan85
Member since 2005 • 8978 Posts

ok *pat on head* now why don't you pull that tongue outa Bungie's ass?

Marko_Ragnos
Seriously! I have H3 preordered but the COD Beta is one of the most fun multiplayer games I have played in ages.
Bolund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bolund
Member since 2004 • 581 Posts
[QUOTE="Marko_Ragnos"]

ok *pat on head* now why don't you pull that tongue outa Bungie's ass?

Rebel108

how about you pull your tongue out of jeff gerstmans ass and while your at it pull your head out of your ass

YYou did not just diss out Jeff? right?

Marko_Ragnos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Marko_Ragnos
I am yet to see you come up with any real facts...
robotecha5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 robotecha5
Member since 2006 • 1207 Posts
The COD4 MP has meaning to the level up thing you actually unlock stuff and cool features. And if yo say having things like RPG's and the Last Stand thing dont matter you must be retarted. As for Graphics theyre obivously going for a hyper realistic look. The game looks more realistic than any other game to date, including Halo 3 wich basically looks like a super enhanced Halo 2. Now Im not a Halo hater Ive played and beaten both games Co-op and all that mess, But Call of Duty>>>>>>>Halo any day of the week.
Marko_Ragnos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Marko_Ragnos
oh and just because a lot of people preordered it is not justification for it's worth
Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
[QUOTE="Marko_Ragnos"][QUOTE="Psmol200"]

Rebel108

If your so smart how about you back up your words with some real facts?

Haha where's your "real facts"? All you are saying is "I like Halo better than CoD4, so that means Halo is a better game. Fact."

Marko_Ragnos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Marko_Ragnos

[QUOTE="Marko_Ragnos"]I am yet to see you come up with any real facts...Rebel108

LOL you're a blind little woman.

No need to be sexist as well as narrowminded don't dare blame me because Halo 3 is a cash in game.

Fergy33WF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Fergy33WF
Member since 2005 • 945 Posts

totally agree, COD 4 is basically COD3 with modern features addonDotcue

Don't even try to compare COD4 to thecrap that was COD3... Modern Warfare is made by the same guys that created the first great hit on the xbox 360. COD2 is still very much alive online and is a great multiplayer game that doesn't rely on who has the best gun, it is all about skills and teamwork. It was an amazing launch game that is still played a lot today! That has to tell you something about the multiplayer.

The TC is making it sound like COD4 multiplayer is absolute crap! There is no way you can justify that! Especially compared to a multiplayer game that has less balance than Lindsay Lohan after an entire night of drinking. Whoever has the sword dominates... whoever has thesniper rifledominates. That sounds like balance to me!

I absolutely love every bit of the COD4 multiplayer. The customization is great and the gameplay is a lot of fun after you get a hang of it! I do enjoy Halo 3 multiplayer aswell, but it just becomes extremely frustrating at points.

Rebel108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Rebel108

The COD4 MP has meaning to the level up thing you actually unlock stuff and cool features. And if yo say having things like RPG's and the Last Stand thing dont matter you must be retarted. As for Graphics theyre obivously going for a hyper realistic look. The game looks more realistic than any other game to date, including Halo 3 wich basically looks like a super enhanced Halo 2. Now Im not a Halo hater Ive played and beaten both games Co-op and all that mess, But Call of Duty>>>>>>>Halo any day of the week. robotecha5

First of all, who said that rpg and last stand dont matter? I'm saying they take away balance and a fair playing grounds. Second of all, having a game look realistic is not always a good thing. Even if the environments are realistic, they are very bland and boring. Even cod 2 was much more vibrant. I find cod 2's graphics totally comparable to cod 4's.

skeeter1255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 skeeter1255
Member since 2005 • 2669 Posts

oh and just because a lot of people preordered it is not justification for it's worthMarko_Ragnos

exactly very big point..... and i think that they were both ok the halo 3 beta got boring and the cod 4 beta is getting aliitle old also so i will have to waite till the reall game release to tell.

robotecha5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 robotecha5

[QUOTE="Dotcue"]totally agree, COD 4 is basically COD3 with modern features addonFergy33WF

Don't even try to compare COD4 to thecrap that was COD3... Modern Warfare is made by the same guys that created the first great hit on the xbox 360. COD2 is still very much alive online and is a great multiplayer game that doesn't rely on who has the best gun, it is all about skills and teamwork. It was an amazing launch game that is still played a lot today! That has to tell you something about the multiplayer.

The TC is making it sound like COD4 multiplayer is absolute crap! There is no way you can justify that! Especially compared to a multiplayer game that has less balance than Lindsay Lohan after an entire night of drinking. Whoever has the sword dominates... whoever has thesniper rifledominates. That sounds like balance to me!

I absolutely love every bit of the COD4 multiplayer. The customization is great and the gameplay is a lot of fun after you get a hang of it! I do enjoy Halo 3 multiplayer aswell, but it just becomes extremely frustrating at points.

I Agree COD3 was Crap, and ive yet to find anyreal complaints with the COD4 beta other than some obvious Beta bugs. Not to mention that the Halo online community is crap and COD is way better because there are a-lot more older people. Unlike Halo where there's always a crap ton of little kids.

blujetz1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 blujetz1234
Member since 2004 • 225 Posts

wow who cares

both games are going to be good

-HOGSTA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -HOGSTA-
Member since 2006 • 68 Posts
COD 4 MP is AWSUM as will HALO 3 MP, why not play both, it isnt a console war
Fergy33WF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Fergy33WF
Member since 2005 • 945 Posts

[QUOTE="robotecha5"]The COD4 MP has meaning to the level up thing you actually unlock stuff and cool features. And if yo say having things like RPG's and the Last Stand thing dont matter you must be retarted. As for Graphics theyre obivously going for a hyper realistic look. The game looks more realistic than any other game to date, including Halo 3 wich basically looks like a super enhanced Halo 2. Now Im not a Halo hater Ive played and beaten both games Co-op and all that mess, But Call of Duty>>>>>>>Halo any day of the week. Rebel108

First of all, who said that rpg and last stand dont matter? I'm saying they take away balance and a fair playing grounds. Second of all, having a game look realistic is not always a good thing. Even if the environments are realistic, they are very bland and boring. Even cod 2 was much more vibrant. I find cod 2's graphics totally comparable to cod 4's.

You have a pretty good memory! Since you haven't played COD2 since April!

robotecha5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 robotecha5

[QUOTE="robotecha5"]The COD4 MP has meaning to the level up thing you actually unlock stuff and cool features. And if yo say having things like RPG's and the Last Stand thing dont matter you must be retarted. As for Graphics theyre obivously going for a hyper realistic look. The game looks more realistic than any other game to date, including Halo 3 wich basically looks like a super enhanced Halo 2. Now Im not a Halo hater Ive played and beaten both games Co-op and all that mess, But Call of Duty>>>>>>>Halo any day of the week. Rebel108

??? have you gotten your vision checked lately theres clearly a crap-ton more detail in everthing, especially the characters

hongkingkong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hongkingkong
Member since 2006 • 9368 Posts
cod 3 and cod 4 are made by different people, fission mailed.
Rebel108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Rebel108
[QUOTE="Fergy33WF"]

[QUOTE="Dotcue"]totally agree, COD 4 is basically COD3 with modern features addonrobotecha5

I Agree COD3 was Crap, and ive yet to find anyreal complaints with the COD4 beta other than some obvious Beta bugs. Not to mention that the Halo online community is crap and COD is way better because there are a-lot more older people. Unlike Halo where there's always a crap ton of little kids.

ha you revert to blaming the community in halo now because you cant find anything else to complain about in halo. Have you even played the Halo 3 beta? There were barely in kids in it and now its easier than ever to mute people. Also, the matchmaking will avoid putting you into a match with someone who you have avoided. Make some friends and play on a team with them if you want to avoid little kids.

F1sTDaCuffS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31 F1sTDaCuffS
Member since 2005 • 2570 Posts

Rebel108

to be honest, i played both beta and playing epsilon. both games are boring to me. halo is more fanstay and online hype. while cod 4 is the same game but with modern warfare. it really does'nt matter. i find these games outdated and bland. i wanna see interaction 4 d live graphics in real time. if you've been playing fps. these's games will give you the ZZZZZZZZZZZ's, after a couple of hours online. its pretty much boring.

and to the tc. your a jock rider. stop joccin.

Riavian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Riavian
Member since 2003 • 119 Posts

"Ok lets put this into context look at music now look at the singles chart..... you call that good music? same goes with games volume of purchases does not justify it being a good or bad game."

You don't need facts, this is obviously true, just because the mainstream 12 year olds love it dosn't mean its a good game.

KillerofNoobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KillerofNoobs
Member since 2005 • 786 Posts
lol u ppl are g^y
Rebel108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Rebel108

"Ok lets put this into context look at music now look at the singles chart..... you call that good music? same goes with games volume of purchases does not justify it being a good or bad game."

You don't need facts, this is obviously true, just because the mainstream 12 year olds love it dosn't mean its a good game.

Riavian

Just cause old veterans of war love cod4 doesnt mean its a good game either dumbass.

happypirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 happypirate
Member since 2007 • 67 Posts

COD4 and Halo are different games. COD4 doesn't have the flashiness of the energy sword, spartan laser, or banshee, but what it does offer is solid, straight up infantry combat in real places. If that sounds "boring" or "bland" then don't buy it. I personally enjoy the environments that you can interact with, by sniping from houses or hiding in the grass.

and I actually enjoy the leveling system and challenges, it gives an incentive to play for a small bonus, and it's nice to see your weapon of choice get stronger over time. it's not like it's impossible to kill with the iron sights either, any noob who tries a little will unlock stuff in no time

0dazubeN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#36 0dazubeN
Member since 2006 • 1569 Posts
I like. Video games.
Astropyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Astropyr
Member since 2006 • 120 Posts

I didnt play the Halo 3 beta but the COD 4 beta is awesome and great fun.

Anyway whats the point of this topic? To tell us once more how uber-awesome Halo 3 is? Are you at least getting paid for this ?

iboo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 iboo01
Member since 2007 • 2784 Posts

Word! Halo 3 Multiplayer is gonna be legendary just as it was for halo 2. Phantsy16

ChYeeeeeeeee

Avatar image for russians_r_sexy
russians_r_sexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 russians_r_sexy
Member since 2005 • 183 Posts

Rebel108

this is the EXACT reason they are two different games. For people with DIFFERENT TASTES...say it...
stop compairing different games...your only wasting your life

PuddinPant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 PuddinPant
Member since 2005 • 1607 Posts
Well that's your own opinion, but I however enjoy both games and plan on buying both. I don't see how you think the game is unfair for lower lvl players because I blasted from lvl 1 to lvl 11 in 45 minutes while using the ak47 with no attachments and just some normal perks and managing to be #1 on my team every time. Maybe you're just bad at the game? I think that cod4 will shine more in teamplay or maybe clan matches while halo3 is just gonna be its good ole halo self.
showntc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 showntc
Member since 2006 • 133 Posts

hahah go di love doing this.....first off let me say that i have not played the cod4 beta but i no that halo is goin to suck ass for these reasons..

1. there is nothing new to halo by that i mean like gears of war brought the cover system .......what is halo bringing to the table nuthing

2. all halo three is, is halo 2 with new wepons an it looks pretty

3. this series is dead what is this halo goin to be about jus lik all of them....you see an alien, you kill it, whooo an its machines o so much to thestory its so amazing.....

FACE IT HALO IS GOING TO BE AN AVERAGE GAME

Rebel108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Rebel108

I didnt play the Halo 3 beta but the COD 4 beta is awesome and great fun.

Anyway whats the point of this topic? To tell us once more how uber-awesome Halo 3 is? Are you at least getting paid for this ?

Astropyr

I made this topic to show people how cod 4 is not comparable to halo 3 because on these boards I see a lot of dumb comments on how cod 4 is better than halo when it clearly isnt. Apparently, some people are pissed off because the truth hurts.

showntc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 showntc
Member since 2006 • 133 Posts
NO IM PRETTY SURE making a game about monkey could be better then halo
ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ISuperGamerI
Member since 2006 • 3292 Posts

Rebel108

First of all DO NOT try to insult anyone. Second, Call of Duty 4 might not be as great as Halo 3 but its still a very fun and INNOVATIVE GAME. That being said they are both great games that I will be buying. Everyone has different opinions.

PacBoy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 PacBoy23
Member since 2004 • 9505 Posts
okay thats your opinon i think it is better than the halo 3 beta but wont be better than halo 3 multiplayer
Rebel108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Rebel108

hahah go di love doing this.....first off let me say that i have not played the cod4 beta but i no that halo is goin to suck ass for these reasons..

1. there is nothing new to halo by that i mean like gears of war brought the cover system .......what is halo bringing to the table nuthing

2. all halo three is, is halo 2 with new wepons an it looks pretty

3. this series is dead what is this halo goin to be about jus lik all of them....you see an alien, you kill it, whooo an its machines o so much to thestory its so amazing.....

FACE IT HALO IS GOING TO BE AN AVERAGE GAME

showntc

LOL another dumbass who is unable to read. Read my first post and you'll see how wrong you are. Halo 3 is not halo 2 with new weapons. Halo 3 is a game with a completion of the trilogy, 4 player co-op, forge, saved films, balance, equipment and giant campaign battles. By your thinking you can just say that "ohh, cod 4 is just cod 2 with modern weapons" which it is. And don't get me started on gears of war. Cover has been done in millions of games before. Gears brought nothing except gore and a lame story. The online is a shotgun and lag fest and its riddled with glitches, bugs, and bad hit detection.

Halo 2> gears LOL

grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#47 grafkhun
Member since 2006 • 12827 Posts
so whats your point?
TheBigTicket21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TheBigTicket21
Member since 2004 • 30875 Posts
CoD4 was made by a completely different developer than CoD3, but other than that I'm sure they'll come out almost identical, end/sarcasm
Rebel108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Rebel108
[QUOTE="Rebel108"]

ISuperGamerI

First of all DO NOT try to insult anyone. Second, Call of Duty 4 might not be as great as Halo 3 but its still a very fun and INNOVATIVE GAME. That being said they are both great games that I will be buying. Everyone has different opinions.

Whats innovative in cod 4? Go play battlefield 2 for the pc. Go play graw. Go play rainbow six vegas. Don't get me wrong I will buy cod 4 because its an average shooter in an average genre that will excel there. But compared to halo 3, its nothing.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ISuperGamerI
Member since 2006 • 3292 Posts

[QUOTE="Dotcue"]totally agree, COD 4 is basically COD3 with modern features addonFergy33WF

Well said. However, they are both different types of games and great both at Campaign and Multiplayer.