changes 4 Gears 2

• 120 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kobewars87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Kobewars87
Member since 2007 • 321 Posts
just a few things i could think of that def needed to be fixed in Gears. just vote and speak your mind.
harry3888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 harry3888
Member since 2006 • 2831 Posts
I loved the single player, I can't imagine how much better it could get
aandrew610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 aandrew610
Member since 2007 • 749 Posts
more weapons
Kobewars87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Kobewars87
yeah, single player is insane, no matter what people say. it didnt have alot of detail into the story but it was sweet.
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts
More weapons, better story, longer single player campaign, and (if possible) upgrade the graphics even though they are already flawless.
chief_527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 chief_527
Member since 2003 • 1121 Posts
Tha last Choice is preaty much impossible, the little kids are preatty much like the flood in Halo :lol:
Kobewars87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kobewars87

dang it i forgot weapons. oh well anyone who wants weapons can always just say that. sorry for the crappy poll

slicnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 slicnick
Member since 2003 • 188 Posts

active reloads should just make u reload faster no give u stronger bullets and they should loose the lobby system and make it somethin more like halo were no one nows who the host is also make a team deathmatch mode were there are respawns

Kobewars87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Kobewars87
i dont know that i want it exactly like halos matchmaking, i wouldnt mind it being similar. but i still want the control of knowing what map i play and what mode. and instead of getting an entire list of servers up i just choose the game type and map i want an dit connects me to a game of that type.
IronPhalanX6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 IronPhalanX6
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
get rid of host advantage, make multi-player like COD4. 4 player co-op would be cool.to be able to customize your multi-player character
hmproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hmproductions
Member since 2006 • 63 Posts
better squad AI
Kobewars87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Kobewars87
yeah customizing your online player would be sweet. i do kinda get tired of only being able to choose the player i play as rather than creating my own identity. sorta like rainbow six vegas.
JosemlopesBFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 JosemlopesBFly
Member since 2007 • 278 Posts
I would like to see a gun with single-shot like the Sniper but it didn't had the scope, it wouldn't be so powerfull and it would be faster than the Sniper.
slicnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 slicnick
Member since 2003 • 188 Posts

get rid of host advantage, make multi-player like COD4. 4 player co-op would be cool.to be able to customize your multi-player characterIronPhalanX6

yes.... doesnt active reload bother anyone else i dnt no too many games were players waste ammo at a wall in order to get stronger bullets, it should just reload ur gun faster

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
getting rid of the host advantage
Hitchy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Hitchy9
Member since 2007 • 2054 Posts
they should keep active reloads.... just make it so that an active from a sniper isn't a one shot down. I mean, a sniper rifle is supposed to be a long ranged weapon, not a close range one
cleotis_max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cleotis_max
Member since 2007 • 979 Posts
I hope that if they keep Insane as a difficulty they incorporate the Morale meter to it.. Not too sure if you guys kept up with Gears but Cliffy B wanted to make it so if you and your group of people were pinned down for too long your team mates would just eventually start killing themselves.. that'd be sweet and spice up the difficulty.
Kobewars87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kobewars87
cleotis you just reminded me of that. that would make the game so sweet. sorta like the morale meter in The Thing.
Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts
the thing i would like to see is your characters move quicker. Sure you can hold the sprint button but u can't do much form it. They move like slugs when there not sprinting.
cleotis_max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cleotis_max
Member since 2007 • 979 Posts
Yeah when I first heard about the Morale Meter I was stoked so I hope they add it into the 2nd one.. And you don't run that much faster when you sprint, I think like 1.5? Or something it just looks like your running faster cos of the camera. It's magic, Cliffy stated it in a press confrence a while ago.
magic_dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 magic_dragon
Member since 2007 • 1050 Posts

just a few things i could think of that def needed to be fixed in Gears. just vote and speak your mind. Kobewars87

Whats wrong with the active reloads with the sniper? I love them :D

DonMega187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DonMega187
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts

Take away or reduce the Host advantage

More MAPS

Flamethrower FTW

other than that this game is f#kin amazing the way it is.

Infinite-Zr0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Infinite-Zr0
Member since 2003 • 13284 Posts
I think a couple of crosshairs when not aiming like in GRAW2 would be nice.
Braden321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Braden321
Member since 2004 • 34 Posts

No, I like the fact that there's no crosshairs when you're not aiming, because think about it. You're NOT aiming. In real life if you're just running around with a weapon and you don't aim, you have no crosshairs. It probably seemed simple when they did that, and the fact that when you're aiming you turn slower, yes that would also happen so another way that Gears is more realistic than many other games.(yes, i know you fight aliens, but I'm talking about the weapon/movement systems)

Adding a couple more weapons would be cool, along with some new maps. Personally, I would most like to see the storyline be expanded on greatly, there's so much potential with it they really undershot it on the first one. They should put the host's name back on the ranked listings if they keep the same match finding setup. I mean, people still manage to find their friends, so let's just take the hassel out of it. I'd even be cool with them adding private slots (up to 3) in ranked matches and invites allowed. I mean, it would stop a lot of the whining about 'hey so-and-so, go locust' and then the eventual quitting of many people.

I'm sure I'll think of more later.

noambartouv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#25 noambartouv
Member since 2006 • 717 Posts
more than 8 people maybe? that the only reason i dont play the multiplayer... how about 30? or 60? like battlefield...
destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

- No bullet lag/host advant.

- Longer single player

- More game types....as compared to the whopping three we got on Gears...

- more reliable servers would be nice. perhaps matchmaking will make it's way in here.

- new weapons, better more complex story.

that's all i can think of for now..

Monkey-Man1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Monkey-Man1234
Member since 2006 • 469 Posts
Chainsaw dueling =D
Hitchy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Hitchy9
Member since 2007 • 2054 Posts

[QUOTE="Kobewars87"]just a few things i could think of that def needed to be fixed in Gears. just vote and speak your mind. magic_dragon

Whats wrong with the active reloads with the sniper? I love them :D

it requires next to no skill

Big_Boss465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Big_Boss465
Member since 2007 • 834 Posts

Epic really doesn't have to do much, I'm still enjoying the first gears. I'd like a better story though

Infinite-Zr0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Infinite-Zr0
Member since 2003 • 13284 Posts

No, I like the fact that there's no crosshairs when you're not aiming, because think about it. You're NOT aiming. In real life if you're just running around with a weapon and you don't aim, you have no crosshairs. It probably seemed simple when they did that, and the fact that when you're aiming you turn slower, yes that would also happen so another way that Gears is more realistic than many other games.(yes, i know you fight aliens, but I'm talking about the weapon/movement systems)

Adding a couple more weapons would be cool, along with some new maps. Personally, I would most like to see the storyline be expanded on greatly, there's so much potential with it they really undershot it on the first one. They should put the host's name back on the ranked listings if they keep the same match finding setup. I mean, people still manage to find their friends, so let's just take the hassel out of it. I'd even be cool with them adding private slots (up to 3) in ranked matches and invites allowed. I mean, it would stop a lot of the whining about 'hey so-and-so, go locust' and then the eventual quitting of many people.

I'm sure I'll think of more later.

Braden321

You know you can aim when your moving. People think that handling a gun is hard when you're moving when it's really not. Given you won't be hitting dead center when you shoot while your moving faster, it would make sense to make the crosshairs farther apart.

luke182777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 luke182777
Member since 2005 • 3070 Posts
regular deathmatch mode. i want to be able to choose not to be on a team.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#32 7121984
Member since 2007 • 2261 Posts

the thing i would like to see is your characters move quicker. Sure you can hold the sprint button but u can't do much form it. They move like slugs when there not sprinting.

Personally, I don't want that to happen. It's because we're dealing with realism here in GoW (despite the fact that they fight aliens). They move slowly because they are wearing a "gear" with 4 weapons equipped. No man can move fast with that!

ktm1255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ktm1255
Member since 2006 • 423 Posts
i would like the grenade tag changed, its just the cheapest way to get kills, mayby they should make it where u tag yourself (like a kamikaze) then run into the enemy, that would be fair.
ktm1255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ktm1255
Member since 2006 • 423 Posts
also they should remove ranked (like COD4) that is the best way to get more accurate lederboards, cause i never play ranked in gears cause its a pain in the as$, and i have nothing to show for it, i would have like a billion kills.
Avatar image for mysteriousminds
mysteriousminds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mysteriousminds
Member since 2007 • 1520 Posts

More weapons, better story, longer single player campaign, and (if possible) upgrade the graphics even though they are already flawless.PlasmaBeam44

yeah..flawless...whatever

maybe it will come out after unreal engine 4 or something so the graphics wont be as s**t. but that would probably kill an xbox 360

meangoldfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 meangoldfish
Member since 2003 • 348 Posts

people who give GoW crap for having a bad story are missing the point of it. GoW is a cheesy action movie in video game form. Predator has a crap story, so does the Terminator. Commando. Rambo (2 and 3). Escape from New York. it's all about bullets, blood, and one liners, and if they tried to have a deep story it would take away from that.

cheese can be a good thing.

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts
I'd like to see the add a single player campaign... and make the multiplayer more interesting.
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts

the thing i would like to see is your characters move quicker. Sure you can hold the sprint button but u can't do much form it. They move like slugs when there not sprinting.Dawq902

well look at the armour they wearing they shudnt be able to shift about dead fast while having full aiming crack

id suggest better graphics coz it will be done no doubt even if its only tweaked although cant fault the first ones graphics sure everyone was like fing hell when they first seen gears in action i know i was

online aint that good be better for ranked if it was like halo3 or cod4 matchmaking. and better game modes, why no single player deathmatches not teams for example and usually its pretty borining people get up after ya kill them, ends up just shot gun battles and who da host wins every time.

and for all the people who dont get online i reckon they should at least have double the length of the single player game.

spluit screen over live wud be good as well, u cant do that on the first can ya? i aint tried but me bro always has games on like that and thijnk most games shud use split screen over live if possible as its great fun

djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts

also they should remove ranked (like COD4) that is the best way to get more accurate lederboards, cause i never play ranked in gears cause its a pain in the as$, and i have nothing to show for it, i would have like a billion kills.ktm1255

cod4 is ranked, private matches are like player matches and dont count, and the normal matches are all ranked and leaderboarded up.

but i know what you mean , gears should definetally be party friendly for ranked matches, like ya should be able to link up with 4 of ur mates and go in a ranked match.

just coz games are ranked dont mean they should exclude ya playing with a party of friends unless ya doing it to put ur friends on the other teams. like single players ya should only be able to go in ranked on ur own. but team bring a party upto the team size. best way really.

also respawns, i know its online and round based, but really gets boring sometimes,. i can never be bothered to stick in at gears on line unless im with my mates. but think it wud be more fun if ya had games where ya respawn until the score or time runs out like most other games. keep some none respawn games but death matches are better over a single round rather than play over 5-10 rounds where when u die u got to wait till next round.

also another thing i never liked much online was the weapons,. always the same weapons what ya start with apart from maybe 2 that ya can pick up. be better if they made ya pick classes, or ya start off with just a machine gun and pick the rest of the guns up off the floor etc. bit more variation coz thats wot got me down online seemed very much same thing over and over again.

still gotta love doing ya own mini remakes of american history X when ya stomp on someones head to take em out haha

Bromz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Bromz
Member since 2005 • 1639 Posts
I loved the single player, I can't imagine how much better it could getharry3888
Better vehicle sequences. I liked the idea of the light vs krill but soaring wildly out of control in a warthog with your mate on the turret in Halo's co-op was way more fun.
BigDaveyDogz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BigDaveyDogz
Member since 2003 • 1815 Posts

Gears 2 needs a party system like Halo & COD4 in ranked matches.

No more host advantage & bullet lag

More weapons

Singleplayer I enjoyed so no complaints there. But ever since Halo3 I would love to see 4 player online co-op.

Marcus, Dom, Cole & Baird that would be so kick ass. They would have to up the AI and number of enemies though which isn't a bad thing at all.

God I love Gears of War!!! Cannot wait for number 2!!

BigDaveyDogz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BigDaveyDogz
Member since 2003 • 1815 Posts

[QUOTE="PlasmaBeam44"]More weapons, better story, longer single player campaign, and (if possible) upgrade the graphics even though they are already flawless.mysteriousminds

yeah..flawless...whatever

maybe it will come out after unreal engine 4 or something so the graphics wont be as s**t. but that would probably kill an xbox 360

You either must be blind or dumb....but I'm leaning toward both.

Petergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Petergeist
Member since 2006 • 746 Posts
Sorry im not sure if anyone said this cos' i haven't read the whole 3 pages but i'd like everyman for himself as apposed to being in a team the whole damn time.
ibanezdropd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#44 ibanezdropd
Member since 2003 • 1844 Posts
actives with sniper? what?
RHCP87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 RHCP87
Member since 2007 • 1952 Posts
Matchmaking is needed.
C-Himura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#46 C-Himura
Member since 2004 • 2160 Posts
For me, a story worth the price of admission. And more length to the campaign also. Everything about the game-play was a-ok, so it they keep and add more, which I am sure they will, then it will be better. To the guy that said 4 co-op, genius.
SuperSix6075

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SuperSix6075
Member since 2006 • 271 Posts
active snipes out ... makes it just to easy... and make matchmaking so the better players get to go against better players and weaker ones against weaker ones lol
trentman7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 trentman7
Member since 2007 • 2969 Posts

active reloads should just make u reload faster no give u stronger bullets and they should loose the lobby system and make it somethin more like halo were no one nows who the host is also make a team deathmatch mode were there are respawns

slicnick
agreed. the lobby system should be changed dat way
trentman7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 trentman7
Member since 2007 • 2969 Posts
Rank imo would be helpful as like Halo's matchmaking would pit you against people of your own skill
Avatar image for dbzultimate3134
dbzultimate3134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#50 dbzultimate3134
Member since 2004 • 759 Posts
multiplayer needs nothin done to it, if u play against people from ur own country and dont quickmatch u dont get lag so stop complaining its ur own fault, all australians play at 9 rounds warzone and we always get dumb americans or europeans joining, we tell them it will be laggy but they dont leave so we start the game then they complain and leave. Australia has one of the worst internets in the world so if we can play lag free i think all of u can as well. all i think that needs to b changed is either a more story driven single player with more info on the locast and stuff or jus plain more blood thirsty weapons simple