Can't play Halo 3 anymore...

• 124 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sliverwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sliverwarrior
Member since 2003 • 928 Posts
I came back from a break of halo 3, wanting to play some more Ranked Team Slayer! Then I find out...that I can't anymore, It says I need "Non Mythic DLC" to play ranked team slayer now. That means I have to buy one more DLC...(Which was never required before) This is the nail in the coffin for me and console online gaming. I'm not renewing live nor buying any DLC from now on.
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11997 Posts

Well, thanks for playing. I'm sure it was better while you were there.

Bon Voyage!

Avatar image for DemoniclyAnglic
DemoniclyAnglic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 DemoniclyAnglic
Member since 2009 • 265 Posts

Yeah, too bad I'm Halo obsessed, although that's being replaced by CoD: WaW...

Anyway, I'm sure XBL will miss you.

Bhoone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Bhoone
Member since 2009 • 169 Posts

Well, thanks for playing. I'm sure it was better while you were there.

Bon Voyage!

gatsbythepig

lol

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

Just wait till ODST comes out.

GiveMeIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 GiveMeIce
Member since 2007 • 496 Posts

I don't see the fun factor of it anymore, I got my 50 and quit. There's no way I'm spending money to get maps for a game I don't enjoy anymore.

Sliverwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sliverwarrior
Member since 2003 • 928 Posts

yes..its time to hang the xbox360 FPshooter controller.

now, theres no need to stop playing online, go pc or ps3. much better experience.... and ps3 online is free!

antibanner
That's why I said Console Online Gaming. I'm sticking to PC multiplayer from now on.
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
I don't understand why people like slayer game types. Team Objective ftw!
3kratos3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 3kratos3
Member since 2006 • 674 Posts

Just play COD 4. Way better multiplayer!!! Not so kiddy. And you don't need to buy any maps if you want to play. I have played it since it came out and haven't bought anything extra for it. Doesn't effect anything.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

Just play COD 4. Way better multiplayer!!! Not so kiddy. And you don't need to buy any maps if you want to play. I have played it since it came out and haven't bought anything extra for it. Doesn't effect anything.

3kratos3
lol only a child would call Halo 'kiddy', on that point there is not one FPS i would call kiddy
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 chaoscougar1
tbh i couldnt really care less, i also find it funny that your getting rid of live because u didnt want to pay for DLC on one game....very logical and reasonable :roll:
Nocturnal15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Nocturnal15
Member since 2006 • 1476 Posts

Bungie is doing some foul maneuvering with the DLC and the playlists now. Team Doubles is riddled with custom maps which basically enforce spawn camping. Not that I have a problem with it but it just gets to be annoying that more than half the time I am getting some custom mythic map rather than the original maps. Just when I was really starting to like bungie. I hope they fix this.

3kratos3

Have fun with your rigged guns and elway nades. Gotta love that every single material is able to be penetrated by bullets. COD4 fails. =( I hope they balance the game next time around with MW2. At least halo stays fresh with content and constant updates.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 chaoscougar1

Bungie is doing some foul maneuvering with the DLC and the playlists now. Team Doubles is riddled with custom maps which basically enfore spawn camping. Not that I have a problem with it butit just gets to be annoying that more than half the time I am getting some custom mythic map rather than the original maps. Just when I was really starting to like bungie. I hope they fix this.

Nocturnal15
i think these custom mythic maps were actually made custom by bungie, not a random player
Nocturnal15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Nocturnal15
Member since 2006 • 1476 Posts

[QUOTE="Nocturnal15"]

Bungie is doing some foul maneuvering with the DLC and the playlists now. Team Doubles is riddled with custom maps which basically enfore spawn camping. Not that I have a problem with it butit just gets to be annoying that more than half the time I am getting some custom mythic map rather than the original maps. Just when I was really starting to like bungie. I hope they fix this.

chaoscougar1

i think these custom mythic maps were actually made custom by bungie, not a random player

Never said anything about players making the maps. Just saying that all these custom sandbox maps are ruining team doubles. The maps are imbalanced in that if you don't control the middle then have fun getting spawn camp.There isn't even really a fair chance to come back because you spawn in the same 2 areas. Not to mention that they are making almost all the playlist impossible to play with some sort of dlc. It will be a matter of time before social slayer and skirmish are screwed.

Avatar image for johnnydiamond08
johnnydiamond08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 johnnydiamond08
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Ya thats what sucks about halo like for 3 weeks-ish u could play ranked without the dlc but now its mandatory but on bungies defense ...its the best dlc yet.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 chaoscougar1

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="Nocturnal15"]

Nocturnal15

Never said anything about players making the maps. Just saying that all these custom sandbox maps are ruining team doubles. The maps are imbalanced in that if you don't control the middle then have fun getting spawn camp.There isn't even really a fair chance to come back because you spawn in the same 2 areas. Not to mention that they are making almost all the playlist impossible to play with some sort of dlc. It will be a matter of time before social slayer and skirmish are screwed.

i paid for all the halo 3 maps, so id feel a little annoyed if they werent in matchmaking. i think it is more fair to put them in so those who actually paid for the content can enjoy it
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 chaoscougar1
Ya thats what sucks about halo like for 3 weeks-ish u could play ranked without the dlc but now its mandatory but on bungies defense ...its the best dlc yet.johnnydiamond08
not it isnt, mythic is not mandatory, only legendary and heroic are
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#19 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Whats wrong with social slayer?
INFAMOUSHAVOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 INFAMOUSHAVOC
Member since 2008 • 149 Posts

yes..its time to hang the xbox360 FPshooter controller.

now, theres no need to stop playing online, go pc or ps3. much better experience.... and ps3 online is free!

antibanner

ps3 has a much better experience by watching movies only blu-ray that is not online play

3kratos3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 3kratos3

Good logic. if i say Halo is kiddy, i am a child. Good deduction detective. And compared to COD 4 it is kiddy.

1) No blood in HALO, you shot someone in the head they fall down. in COD there brains go on the wall behind them.

2)in halo it looks like bunch of action figures just jumping around non stop. In COD you look like you are actually fighting.

3) In halo the environments look like something out of a cartoon, bright greens and flowers and fluffy snow. And lots of purple things. In COD, it looks realistic and everything is dirty and gritty.

4) In halo you karate chop people down. In COD you stab them in the back or slash their throats (blood again)

5) In Halo you shoot pink needles out of a pink gun that looks like it has pre pubesent pubic hair growing out the top of it, called the NEEDLER!! ( bet a kid thought this one up) In COD you shoot peoples faces off with every gun, and the only pink in the game is your brains (refer to point 1 )

Halo= Kiddy

COD 4= Mature and way better then halo

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#22 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
wait umm u said u took a break? was this like a 9+ day break? because may update for halo came out i believe the 2 or the 3 of may. and if u ever looked on bungie website they been saying it for last month and half.... and stop your lie's you know u will renew live and buy the dlc.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 chaoscougar1

Good logic. if i say Halo is kiddy, i am a child. Good deduction detective. And compared to COD 4 it is kiddy.

1) No blood in HALO, you shot someone in the head they fall down. in COD there brains go on the wall behind them.

2)in halo it looks like bunch of action figures just jumping around non stop. In COD you look like you are actually fighting.

3) In halo the environments look like something out of a cartoon, bright greens and flowers and fluffy snow. And lots of purple things. In COD, it looks realistic and everything is dirty and gritty.

4) In halo you karate chop people down. In COD you stab them in the back or slash their throats (blood again)

5) In Halo you shoot pink needles out of a pink gun that looks like it has pre pubesent pubic hair growing out the top of it, called the NEEDLER!! ( bet a kid thought this one up) In COD you shoot peoples faces off with every gun, and the only pink in the game is your brains (refer to point 1 )

Halo= Kiddy

3kratos3
there actually is blood, but thats beside the point. how is shooting people in the head, blowing people up with rockets and lasering people kiddy? would u let your child play it? they both have the same rating for a reason. and LOL and CoD 4=mature. how old are u if u dont mind me asking?
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 k2theswiss

Halo= Kiddy

3kratos3
pretty sad kid when u say a game is better because of it's art style and type of it is. and since u want to be like that, watch this halo= is fun, the whole series has been fun(only cod4 is good), more ppl play it online then cod4, u have to deal with noobs who cant play so they go buy modded controllers and u dont have to deal with that on halo, online co-op....... so that means it must be better,
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 k2theswiss
[QUOTE="3kratos3"]

Halo= Kiddy

chaoscougar1
there actually is blood, but thats beside the point. how is shooting people in the head, blowing people up with rockets and lasering people kiddy? would u let your child play it? they both have the same rating for a reason. and LOL and CoD 4=mature. how old are u if u dont mind me asking?

^^^^ 4real that kid is pretty .....
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 vashkey

Halo= Kiddy

3kratos3
Lol wut? 1. There is blood. 2. How does it look like action figures? Since when did action figures jump? 3. ??? So in real life snow, grass and flowers are gritty? And theres only one level with a purple environment in Halo 3 and it's covered in nastey flood stuff. 4. Nice lie 5. Theres only one gun in the game that shoots pink needles and hardly anyone uses it. But what the hell are you going on about pubes? Since when were pubes razor sharp pink needles that explode on contact? Really, the only people who call halo kiddy are sixteen year olds that take gaming too seriously.
Avatar image for johnnydiamond08
johnnydiamond08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 johnnydiamond08
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="johnnydiamond08"]Ya thats what sucks about halo like for 3 weeks-ish u could play ranked without the dlc but now its mandatory but on bungies defense ...its the best dlc yet.chaoscougar1

Really? i thought it said somethin different on bungie...my bad.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 k2theswiss
[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="johnnydiamond08"]Ya thats what sucks about halo like for 3 weeks-ish u could play ranked without the dlc but now its mandatory but on bungies defense ...its the best dlc yet.johnnydiamond08

umm pretty much the mythic is mandatory unless u wanna be blocked fgrom playing 90% of the gamestypes
Vashn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Vashn
Member since 2008 • 1416 Posts

Halo= Kiddy

3kratos3

you clearly know alot about halo. Mr highest skill 10

BananoKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BananoKing
Member since 2009 • 46 Posts

I'm glad you're not gonna play Halo anymore, because it sucks.

PS- Keep Live. Keep Living.

3kratos3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 3kratos3

1) I am 20 years old.

2) You "blow" people up / you mean when you hit them with a rocket they bounce around like rag dolls? You laser someone and they do the same thing. Man that is definitely R rated.

3) The character models look like action figures. and when they bounce around like all halo players do, it looks like when you were little and you would make action figures fly around.

4) " In halo you karate chop people down. In COD you stab them in the back or slash their throats (blood again)" This is a Lie some how Vashkey? Don't see it.

5)blood in halo= red mist that disappears immediately after the shot. So realistic and gory!!!

6) Whe ni say everything is dirty and gritty i mean exactly what i said. The environments are in COD 4, i didn't say COD 4 grass is more gritty. And the flowers, grass, fluffy snow and the big purple buildings in the fluffy snow and most of the maps in Halo look cartoonish.

7) I only said said there was one gun that was pink. but there is one that is also purple. Thanks for reminding me. And my pubes was a little jab/ analogy towards the levelof kiddiness the game.

8) dont have children but if i did i would lt them play this game. And I would probablly have to becasue all his friends and every other kid under the age of 13 in the world plays Halo.

9) I didn't start this fight i made a point how COD 4 dosen't make you have to buy DLC to continue playing like Halo and all the little Halo fan boys jumped on me.

10) people with modded controllers make people better? it effects the G3, and 4 pistols?? i have never seen anyone dominate a game because of a mod.

11) All the guns are balanced. You must be thinking of WaW because that is where the un balanced guns are.

12) OOOOOHHH!!! online co-op. So I can get through legendary, or play the mediocre campaign again.

13) never said i was a dominate player in Halo 3 but nice try at an insult. I am a 55 tenth prestige in COD 4, dosn't prove anything beside the fact that, that is what i play.

I don't even know how i got a level 10 or what that means. But i have played it enough to get a grasp on it, And compare it to halo.

3kratos3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 3kratos3

^^^^^ HAHAHA 8 ) makes a sunglass face. Didn't even think about that.

Kcdragon8116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#33 Kcdragon8116
Member since 2008 • 1300 Posts
The non mythic maps are all free. Or atleast the map pack that you need is free. I went on and downloaded it, and I can now play all the game modes besides the mythic only modes.
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 k2theswiss

[QUOTE="3kratos3"]

Halo= Kiddy

Vashn

you clearly know alot about halo. Mr highest skill 10

^^^^^ lol nice
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 vashkey

3kratos3, there is no karate chopping in Halo 3. There are no big purple buildings in Halo 3. What do you want Halo 3's snow to be like? Is the snow no mature enough? And it's not like theres an odd amount of flowers in the game. Theres like a few patches, but it's not like theres a field of them. Metal Gear Solid 3 did however. Does that mean Metal Gear Solid is for kids?

How does grass, snow and flowers make a game's environment carttony? They all exist in real life.

As for guns that aren't all gray, it's to make them look alien. Unfamiliar. I mean, they are alien weapons.

Halo doesnt force you to buy DLC to play.

3Kratos3, you don't seem to understand what maturity is. Because from the way you talk maturity = black, gray and blood. You don't need these at all to be mature and you certainly don't need them to have a good game.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 vashkey

Looking at your profile though, 3kratos3, it's rather ironic. Here you are bashing Halo for being kiddie and colorful, yet your in a Dragon Ball Z AND a Pokemon union.

You sir, fail.

LycanBane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#37 LycanBane
Member since 2007 • 274 Posts

Halo 3 I will say is played by alot more younger kids then adults vs. Modern Warfare. However, that doesn't make it a kids game.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 chaoscougar1
[QUOTE="k2theswiss"][QUOTE="johnnydiamond08"][QUOTE="chaoscougar1"] not it isnt, mythic is not mandatory, only legendary and heroic are

umm pretty much the mythic is mandatory unless u wanna be blocked fgrom playing 90% of the gamestypes

what? on bungie.com all the ranked ones pretty much say 'Non-Mythic DLC required'
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 chaoscougar1

3kratos3, there is no karate chopping in Halo 3. There are no big purple buildings in Halo 3. What do you want Halo 3's snow to be like? Is the snow no mature enough? And it's not like theres an odd amount of flowers in the game. Theres like a few patches, but it's not like theres a field of them. Metal Gear Solid 3 did however. Does that mean Metal Gear Solid is for kids?

How does grass, snow and flowers make a game's environment carttony? They all exist in real life.

As for guns that aren't all gray, it's to make them look alien. Unfamiliar. I mean, they are alien weapons.

Halo doesnt force you to buy DLC to play.

3Kratos3, you don't seem to understand what maturity is. Because from the way you talk maturity = black, gray and blood. You don't need these at all to be mature and you certainly don't need them to have a good game.

vashkey
exactly i am confused as to why he believes that he is more mature because he plays CoD 4 rather than Halo...since when do games measure maturity? the reason i thought u were a child is because i thought it was rather immature of you to try and elevate yourself by saying u played CoD instead of Halo, like your too old and 'cool' to play halo
Avatar image for Bluestorm-Kalas
Bluestorm-Kalas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Bluestorm-Kalas
Member since 2006 • 13073 Posts
I don't understand why people like slayer game types. Team Objective ftw!II-FBIsniper-II
I'm a Squad Battle + Big Team Battle fan myself, insane carnage, insane fun. Altough I don't mind popping up some MLG for competitiveness to keep my BR edge up.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 chaoscougar1
[QUOTE="II-FBIsniper-II"]I don't understand why people like slayer game types. Team Objective ftw!Bluestorm-Kalas
I'm a Squad Battle + Big Team Battle fan myself, insane carnage, insane fun. Altough I don't mind popping up some MLG for competitiveness to keep my BR edge up.

i have to say i use to LOVE team objective back in the Halo 2 days, thats all i really wanted to play. but playing objective games on the Halo 3 maps dont appeal to me as much. i miss headlong, coag, terminal, ivory tower and lockout...god those were the days
Bluestorm-Kalas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Bluestorm-Kalas

1) I am 20 years old.

2) You "blow" people up / you mean when you hit them with a rocket they bounce around like rag dolls? You laser someone and they do the same thing. Man that is definitely R rated.

3) The character models look like action figures. and when they bounce around like all halo players do, it looks like when you were little and you would make action figures fly around.

4) " In halo you karate chop people down. In COD you stab them in the back or slash their throats (blood again)" This is a Lie some how Vashkey? Don't see it.

5)blood in halo= red mist that disappears immediately after the shot. So realistic and gory!!!

6) Whe ni say everything is dirty and gritty i mean exactly what i said. The environments are in COD 4, i didn't say COD 4 grass is more gritty. And the flowers, grass, fluffy snow and the big purple buildings in the fluffy snow and most of the maps in Halo look cartoonish.

7) I only said said there was one gun that was pink. but there is one that is also purple. Thanks for reminding me. And my pubes was a little jab/ analogy towards the levelof kiddiness the game.

8) dont have children but if i did i would lt them play this game. And I would probablly have to becasue all his friends and every other kid under the age of 13 in the world plays Halo.

9) I didn't start this fight i made a point how COD 4 dosen't make you have to buy DLC to continue playing like Halo and all the little Halo fan boys jumped on me.

10) people with modded controllers make people better? it effects the G3, and 4 pistols?? i have never seen anyone dominate a game because of a mod.

11) All the guns are balanced. You must be thinking of WaW because that is where the un balanced guns are.

12) OOOOOHHH!!! online co-op. So I can get through legendary, or play the mediocre campaign again.

13) never said i was a dominate player in Halo 3 but nice try at an insult. I am a 55 tenth prestige in COD 4, dosn't prove anything beside the fact that, that is what i play.

I don't even know how i got a level 10 or what that means. But i have played it enough to get a grasp on it, And compare it to halo.

3kratos3

Games cannot get an "R" rating they get an "M" "T" "E" Ec", etc ratings. "R" ratings are for movies. Not to mention, you are twenty, arguing on the internet about what video game is better. You know what video games are? Toys. That's all they are, so right now you are arguing about toys. Then, while arguing about toys you make references to "pubes" (which I'll assume is pubicare, the hair that grows in the groin area) as if it's a funny joke and "kiddy." Well, last time I checked "Puberty" is when people grow "Pubicare" (notice how they are derived from the same word, it's not cooincidental) and Puberty generally happens to teenagers, which isn't a kid anymore.

You mock online coop, but then, doesn't CoD: WaW have online coop? So your flagship series to fight Halo 3's "kiddyness" (if that's even a word) has taken a bit of advice from Bungies success. There are over 350,000 people a day who play Halo 3 for fun, and it happens to be the #1 played online game, the top-notch high competition game for MLG (Major League Gaming, where competitive players take it to the new level and test their talents), it is also one of the most balanced games online, it has a saved film feature and Forge which many console FPS' lack, in-depth custom games ranging from Slayer to CTF to Infection (Zombies, zombie kills player they become infected, and so on until all players are zombies), it has two maps (Foundry and Sandbox) which can be Forged to create amazing, competitive and crazy maps the arouse even more entertainment, a matchmaking system which allows you to party up with any teammates you enjoy playing with, a brilliant 4-player online cooperative campaign, addicting online medals such as the "Overkill" or "Running Riot," Bungie keeps track of all your games and stats online, and you can check out your heatmaps and best weapons and maps, along with your weakest links to improve your skills, all while being very "kiddy" right?

Just because the game doesn't look as realistic as CoD 4 (and I'll agree it doesn't) doesn't mean it isn't as mature or in depth. You think a 9 year old kid would be able to do everything there is to do in Halo without any help? I doubt it, unless the kid is very smart.

Now don't get me wrong, I loved Call of Duty 4 too, it's addicting, the challenges are fun and the perks are a great addition to the competitiveness of the multiplayer, and if you ask me having "perks" in Halo 3 would be a welcomed addition (at least in my opinion), along with the awesome idea of the "KillCam." I was just annoyed with your blatant hatred towards Halo 3 without anything logical to back it up besides opinions. You don't have to like all the pros I listed of Halo, but don't act like they are horrible and everyone else has the same opinion because tons of people LOVE Halo 3 and all its extra bonuses, truly a game you get your moneys worth.

Bluestorm-Kalas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Bluestorm-Kalas

[QUOTE="Bluestorm-Kalas"][QUOTE="II-FBIsniper-II"]I don't understand why people like slayer game types. Team Objective ftw!chaoscougar1

i have to say i use to LOVE team objective back in the Halo 2 days, thats all i really wanted to play. but playing objective games on the Halo 3 maps dont appeal to me as much. i miss headlong, coag, terminal, ivory tower and lockout...god those were the days

No kidding, my friends and I were talking about how they should release a map pack and call it the "History Lovers" or something like that, and include all the popular old maps. The maps that come to my attention are: Ascension, Midship, Foundation, Headlong, Ivory Tower, Terminal, and Beaver Creek.

You do know that a map called "Blackout" is on Halo 3, and besides a few changes (library window closed, and the door at the bottom of sniper tower is shifted over a bit) is an exact remake of "Lockout?"

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/03/25/last-halo-3-legendary-map-is-blackout-remake-of-h2s-lockout/

For proof. :) If you decied to play Halo, hit me up with a Friend Request, gamertag is "wrier." You can party up with my friends and I, we have a blast just playing social matchmaking and bsing about everything from sports to comic books :P, and my one friend "Spillboy" is the funniest guy you'll ever meet on X-Box Live.

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

See ya.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 chaoscougar1

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"][QUOTE="Bluestorm-Kalas"] I'm a Squad Battle + Big Team Battle fan myself, insane carnage, insane fun. Altough I don't mind popping up some MLG for competitiveness to keep my BR edge up.Bluestorm-Kalas

No kidding, my friends and I were talking about how they should release a map pack and call it the "History Lovers" or something like that, and include all the popular old maps. The maps that come to my attention are: Ascension, Midship, Foundation, Headlong, Ivory Tower, Terminal, and Beaver Creek.

You do know that a map called "Blackout" is on Halo 3, and besides a few changes (library window closed, and the door at the bottom of sniper tower is shifted over a bit) is an exact remake of "Lockout?"

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/03/25/last-halo-3-legendary-map-is-blackout-remake-of-h2s-lockout/

For proof. :) If you decied to play Halo, hit me up with a Friend Request, gamertag is "wrier." You can party up with my friends and I, we have a blast just playing social matchmaking and bsing about everything from sports to comic books :P, and my one friend "Spillboy" is the funniest guy you'll ever meet on X-Box Live.

yeh i know blackout is an exact remake, but i dont like the way it looks now...it looks to industrial rather than an old installation or something like that. 1 flag on lockout was so much fun
Bluestorm-Kalas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Bluestorm-Kalas

yeh i know blackout is an exact remake, but i dont like the way it looks now...it looks to industrial rather than an old installation or something like that. 1 flag on lockout was so much funchaoscougar1
True enough, but it's still a really good map for what I use it for (BR's and Snipes FFA) so I'm moreover content with it. I remeber playing Halo 2 on it (Lockout) though, with the Swat playlist in Objective, I found a spawn trap that would allow me to get 15+ Kilimanjaro's in a game, no kiddding. It was on "One Bomb" and if you had a teammate camp BR2 and you camped top lift, you had them repeatedly spawn in the library, and it was just headshot after headshot multi-kill after multi-kill. Pathetic really.

kilabane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kilabane
Member since 2003 • 65 Posts

If your getting bored with halo you probably haven't played the MLG playlist very much. It's not that hard, just learn some callouts and maybe start a team. Go to MLGPRO.com and look up opening strategies, setups, weapon times and other guides and soon enough you'll realise how shallow and pidantic any other game is.

3kratos3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 3kratos3

1) Never called Halo a kids game. i said it was more kiddy then COD 4. Thats what this is all about, but most of you are to stupid to realize it.

2) I mock online co-op of halo because someone used that as a huge game changer in this argument, like that was the bees knees. I am not talking at all about WAW so nice try sir. I actually insulted that game as well.

3) Never have i said or implied that i am too old or cool to play halo, I gave the OP a little recommendation and the king of fan boys and the rest of them attacked COD 4 and myself. Soi will fire back, and so far I am the only one who has made valid points.

4) How is grass not real blah blah blah blah blah. I have said this 3 times now. The overall appearance of the game that is Halo is CARTOONISH.

5) Vashkey you are now the second person to cyber stalk me and try to land an insult, probably because you cannot give a valid argument. Good try though.

6) "There is no karate chop in halo", okay bad choice of words. there is a "viscous" gun but/ elbow that makes people fall down though. That is so violent. it looks like something that PG movies do so they can keep there PG rating.

7) Do you really think my pink and purple gun joke was my main point vashkey? it was a little jabby jab. again you pull out the most irrelivent points and argue them.

8 ) Blue- storm kalas i have played Halo and had fun Playing it, it is easy to pick up and play, I was the one who got jabs and watched Halo fan boys attack COD 4. Every point i have made is comparing COD 4 to Halo. Because i called Halo more kiddy then COD 4 and the Fan boys did not want to hear it. O and there are alot of people older then me on here that argue more furiously then myself.

9) I put my age down becasue Cahoscougar and K2thewiss were calling me a kid. I would like to know how old they are now that they now how old i am. And becasue they haven't said anything since.

10) My closing argument / point. If you had COD 4 and Halo 3 infront of you before release, and you for some reason could only give 1 of the games a "M" rating keeping them the way they are, what game would you give the M too? And also what game do you think the most people will give the M too?

dirtydishko2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#49 dirtydishko2
Member since 2008 • 787 Posts
good for you. developers have been getting carried away with DLC lately, and they've been making a killing by gouging their loyal customers
Joss09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Joss09
Member since 2009 • 263 Posts

[QUOTE="3kratos3"]

1) I am 20 years old.

Bluestorm-Kalas

Games cannot get an "R" rating they get an "M" "T" "E" Ec", etc ratings. "R" ratings are for movies. Not to mention, you are twenty, arguing on the internet about what video game is better. You know what video games are? Toys. That's all they are, so right now you are arguing about toys. Then, while arguing about toys you make references to "pubes" (which I'll assume is pubicare, the hair that grows in the groin area) as if it's a funny joke and "kiddy." Well, last time I checked "Puberty" is when people grow "Pubicare" (notice how they are derived from the same word, it's not cooincidental) and Puberty generally happens to teenagers, which isn't a kid anymore.

You mock online coop, but then, doesn't CoD: WaW have online coop? So your flagship series to fight Halo 3's "kiddyness" (if that's even a word) has taken a bit of advice from Bungies success. There are over 350,000 people a day who play Halo 3 for fun, and it happens to be the #1 played online game, the top-notch high competition game for MLG (Major League Gaming, where competitive players take it to the new level and test their talents), it is also one of the most balanced games online, it has a saved film feature and Forge which many console FPS' lack, in-depth custom games ranging from Slayer to CTF to Infection (Zombies, zombie kills player they become infected, and so on until all players are zombies), it has two maps (Foundry and Sandbox) which can be Forged to create amazing, competitive and crazy maps the arouse even more entertainment, a matchmaking system which allows you to party up with any teammates you enjoy playing with, a brilliant 4-player online cooperative campaign, addicting online medals such as the "Overkill" or "Running Riot," Bungie keeps track of all your games and stats online, and you can check out your heatmaps and best weapons and maps, along with your weakest links to improve your skills, all while being very "kiddy" right?

Just because the game doesn't look as realistic as CoD 4 (and I'll agree it doesn't) doesn't mean it isn't as mature or in depth. You think a 9 year old kid would be able to do everything there is to do in Halo without any help? I doubt it, unless the kid is very smart.

Now don't get me wrong, I loved Call of Duty 4 too, it's addicting, the challenges are fun and the perks are a great addition to the competitiveness of the multiplayer, and if you ask me having "perks" in Halo 3 would be a welcomed addition (at least in my opinion), along with the awesome idea of the "KillCam." I was just annoyed with your blatant hatred towards Halo 3 without anything logical to back it up besides opinions. You don't have to like all the pros I listed of Halo, but don't act like they are horrible and everyone else has the same opinion because tons of people LOVE Halo 3 and all its extra bonuses, truly a game you get your moneys worth.

Arguing is almost as bad as what you're doing, lets preach to someone on the other side of a computer screen because surely they care what you think.

This threads make me laugh.