Can't hear/talk to other people. Part 2.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mike569874251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mike569874251
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

So a while ago I made a topic about how I can't hear people on Xbox Live. Got some replies, was told it was my router. I was like okay, so I checked out my router and had no idea what to do, and since it was old I figured it was due to that. So I went out and got a brand new router, plugged it in and everything worked perfectly. I could hear all my friends I couldn't before, I could join alot more online games...And out of nowhere, it just stopped. Everything went back to how it used to be. I'm stuck on what the problem could be. How could it work for a week perfect, and then just stop? Nothing was changed to my Xbox or router. I just logged on and noticed I couldn't hear anyone.

I'm pretty sure it's not the settings on my Xbox, because when it did start working, that would mean I would still be blocked out from talking.

I was also told that I had to open ports, but it's the same situation as above. If the ports were closed, when everything started working, I would still be blocked from communicating.

Which leaves...

Does anyone have an idea? I know you're probably getting tired of me, but I'm furious. It starts working, I get excited and happy, and then just stops.

My life sucks.

vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 vendettared468
Member since 2006 • 4437 Posts
I started not to be able to hear people either. But i think that my headset just isn't working. Ever think that might be the issue? I don't know your circumstances because i didn't read your other thread.
mike569874251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mike569874251

I can still hear some people.

I guess I should have put that in my post. :P

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#4 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
I can't get into any games in Stranglehold or the Call of Duty 4 Beta, was signed out randomly, and can not join any private chats. My friend that I was trying to talk to told me (on the phone) that he was able to get into a game of Rainbow Six Vegas and in it no one was able to hear each other except for one person. Something might be wrong with Xbox Live.
jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 jackle2071
Member since 2004 • 5477 Posts
unplug it and plug it back in! works every time! Simple.
mike569874251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mike569874251

Nah, I don't think it's Xbox Live. I've had this problem for some time now.

I reset my router, but nothing happened.

cdngamer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cdngamer88
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Hi,

I have exactly this problem and the only way that I was able to resolve it was by plugging the Xbox 360 directly into my cable modem - then I could hear everybody. It's a real pain in the neck though as there are two of us here and the computer cannot be used on the net at the same time that one of us is on xbox live.

cdngamer88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cdngamer88
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Hi,

I have exactly this problem and the only way that I was able to resolve it was by plugging the Xbox 360 directly into my cable modem - then I could hear everybody. It's a real pain in the neck though as there are two of us here and the computer cannot be used on the net at the same time that one of us is on xbox live.

karriston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 karriston
Member since 2005 • 3631 Posts
Could be NAT settings? I'm no router-wiz, but whenever there's something wrong with xbox live, it's usually my NAT. If it's set to closed or moderate, change it to open. Don't ask me why, but my router seems to change this setting of it own accord from time to time. Perhaps that's the case with yours?
vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 vendettared468
Member since 2006 • 4437 Posts
I posted in this topic almost a year ago. If he hasn't fixed it by now then he's probably already bought a new headset. This really didn't need to be bumped.
sirjesterfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sirjesterfreak
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
yeah, yeah, I know this is an old post, but Ive got the same prob and Im playing left 4 dead whch almost requires communication. Rebooting the router WILL NOT work. Thats only in cases of complete failure. I know other people can hear me, but I cant hear them. its not a headset issue. My prob started when I got a refurbished system back from a RRoD. So it COULD be a hardware issue, BUT plugging directly into the modem and/or changing the NAT settings sound like viable solutions.....I plan on trying it tonight. Having this problem is almost a blessing though, as i dont have to listen to ignorant crap from other players, haha.
sirjesterfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 sirjesterfreak
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
ok jacking it directly to the modem helps a bit. Only people on my friend list can hear me, but not I them. My NAT was already open, so another fix i found was to make sure certain ports that XBL uses to always be open. You want to make sure that ports UDP 88, UDP 3074, and TCP 3074 are always open at LEAST. It wasnt a complete fix as I can communicate with friends now, but only when we are in a Party.
rosie100292

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rosie100292
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
hi, ive had this exact same problem while playing Call Of Duty 4 except ive never been able to hear anyone. Theres nothing rong with my internet or modem as my friend played the same game at mine and he could hear everyone, however when i plugged my xbox in, i could hear nothing. I have an xbox elite and was wondering if it maybe had something to do with this? If you fixed your's, could you please tell me what you did so that hopefully i can get mine working too. thanks a lot Rosie
Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 Wakanoid
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

My friend has this problem, anyone have a few things that are a good idea to try?

bevan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bevan123
I have come along to find this happening to me :( You can fix this by doing some stuff on your router :) If i could upload photos to show you what to do i would but i guess i cant so il just try and explain in words. I have a Linksys router so i will be telling you on this 1. You need to know what your xboxs IP address 2. First go on Applications and Gaming 3. It will say "External Port" put 80 in the box and 80 in the "Internal Port" 4. it will say "Protocol" make sure it says both. 5. It will say "To IP Address" fill in that gap. 6. Enable it 7. Repeat steps 3-6 but replace 80 to 3074. 8. Save the settings (name it whatever you want) This part is optional but is recommended if you have it. 1. Go back to the setup. 2. It will say "DHCP Server:" Enable it. 3. Press "DHCP Reservation" 4. Find you Xbox 360 IP address and press "Add Clients" and Assign its IP Address." 5. You are all finished, if it is still not working it might be your friends router. NOTE: Your Xbox 360 has to be on, signed into an account with Xbox Live Gold membership and connected to the internet.
bevan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bevan123
Just give me a email if you dont understand please add the brand and model of the router
fightingreyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 fightingreyce
I dont if any one has fixd this problem but i was playing modern warfare online with my friend but i only could hear him not any one else in the group this is really making me mad plz help. p.s. i have a great router fantastic connection
aaronj2k9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 aaronj2k9

Yea its same for me..The headset i got with my xbox stopped working and now my new one did..the things are made outta wire barely a milimetere thick..no wonder they just break all the time ffs.

coolguy1002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 coolguy1002
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
i have the same exact problem as you
STINGA10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 STINGA10
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
i can hear people im in a party with on modern warefare 2 on xbox 360 but i cant hear or talk to anyone else in the game. can someone please help me
DeanG642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#21 DeanG642
Member since 2009 • 595 Posts
[QUOTE="fightingreyce"]I dont if any one has fixd this problem but i was playing modern warfare online with my friend but i only could hear him not any one else in the group this is really making me mad plz help. p.s. i have a great router fantastic connection

Dude, you revived a topic that started in 2007. WTF?
uberpunage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 uberpunage101
Member since 2009 • 436 Posts

I would be furious too if all the annoying people were already muted.

MOD EDIT - Thread closed. Please do not revive a dead thread. If the topic of conversation interests you or you have a similar question, make a new thread. Thanks!