Bring back Multiplayer Bots

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

allnamestaken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 allnamestaken
Member since 2003 • 6618 Posts

You may remember the good ol' days of the N64 when many multiplayer games including the incredible Perfect Dark, would allow you to place computer controlled opponents in multiplayer matches.

Those days are apparently gone, recent releases like Halo 3, CoD4, Blacksite and others have not included bots and they seem to be fading from FPS games everywhere. I loved playing against bots, to build up my skills when none of my friends were over in the old days and would love to see them reintroduced into the shooter genre.

How do you guys feel?

grunt1096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 grunt1096
Member since 2007 • 120769 Posts
They're dissapearing mainly because of live and other online gaming.
sarakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 sarakin
Member since 2006 • 1945 Posts

timesplitters 4....nuff said.

Z-Bombz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Z-Bombz
Member since 2007 • 273 Posts
they were fun especially while practicing on CS
Dead_Prophecy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dead_Prophecy
Member since 2005 • 7305 Posts
It seems as games have adopted player vs. player online, bots have faded. It personally doesn't bother me because I would never bother to play against bots. But, for the people who do want to play against bots, I don't know why developers choose to ignore putting them in their games.
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

Agreed sir, 100%

Bots are sadly missing from most games these days. Obviously with the rise of online gaming the need for bots has dwindled, but I hope that developers change this pattern. I loved loading up tons of bots on the hardest difficulty setting and fighting them all with just me, or like in Perfect Dark Zero, you could play with bots online. Me and my buddy would play against tons of bots together online with the difficulty cranked up and we just drank, played and chatted.

Ahh, good times.

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts
online gaming is killing bots. hopefully Timesplitters keep ther tradition of bots
illbitcrusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 illbitcrusher
Member since 2004 • 2052 Posts
PD0 has bots but that game is just so bleh I think because games are now getting more complex and controllers have much more freedom of movement it just looks out of place for bots to be running around especially as we are now more used to seeing human behaviour. Back in the days of the N64 with the likes of Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, the maps were fairly small and thus the AI was more easily controlled although it was mainly just stand and shoot and the difficulty just meant that bullets would actually head in your direction as opposed to the ceiling on an easier difficulty. I think there are still bots in Unreal Torny games but I think they behave the same as above, run and gun.
X_GuitarHero_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 X_GuitarHero_X
Member since 2006 • 96 Posts

Agreed sir, 100%

Bots are sadly missing from most games these days. Obviously with the rise of online gaming the need for bots has dwindled, but I hope that developers change this pattern. I loved loading up tons of bots on the hardest difficulty setting and fighting them all with just me, or like in Perfect Dark Zero, you could play with bots online. Me and my buddy would play against tons of bots together online with the difficulty cranked up and we just drank, played and chatted.

Ahh, good times.

nyc05

Good times with bots. Timesplitters 2 was a blast to play with a friend by your side, teaming up against a wave of bots.

Kennyofhearts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Kennyofhearts
Member since 2007 • 2297 Posts
I could care less for bots, therepathetic and predictable like season 6 of Family Guy. If you have LIVE or some freinds you can play against them to improve your skill, it's much more fun than playing against the computer.
steveslugga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 steveslugga
Member since 2007 • 1344 Posts
i think the next gears should have bots, the a.i. is so good in that game that i would have a blast with a couple buddies n some bots, its better than getting whopped by some punk 12 year old IMO
allnamestaken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 allnamestaken
Member since 2003 • 6618 Posts
[QUOTE="nyc05"]

Agreed sir, 100%

Ahh, good times.

X_GuitarHero_X

Good times with bots. Timesplitters 2 was a blast to play with a friend by your side, teaming up against a wave of bots.

Man I cannot believe I forgot about Timesplitters in my original post. That game with bots was awesome! My friends and I, used to this thing called a Timesplitters league, similar to any pro sports league, were you could draft bots, as they all had different ratings and trade them and stuff. Then each player would take themselves and there bot team through a season on various team deathmatch maps. That was so much fun.Man I cannot believe I forgot about Timesplitters in my original post. That game with bots was awesome! My friends and I, used to this thing called a Timesplitters league, similar to any pro sports league, were you could draft bots, as they all had different ratings and trade them and stuff. Then each player would take themselves and there bot team through a season on various team deathmatch maps. That was so much fun.

unbiasgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#13 unbiasgamer
Member since 2006 • 1260 Posts
yeah, if you dont have live. without bots the game basically ends after the SP is over. not having bots is pretty lame
Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts

If you look at it not that many games really had it. Halo, Call of Duty, Counter-Strike, Doom, and Goldeneye... All games from different times, but all of the never had them (atleast from launch). Counter-Strike is the one game i know now has them (atleast Condition Zero had them, but i really haven't played Source much).

Bots were one thing that really never got to be all that big. Plus with the feature of online multiplayer the use of bots never really got its big chance to. Perfect Dark and Timesplitters are really the only names i can think of off the top of my head that have built mulitplayer with bots more than any other games and that being siad what other games really had bots (shooter genre, so other genres like racers and RTS don't count).

I wish that all games would allow bots in atleast offline mode... That way you could still play multiplayer without live and without it being on live you could have way more bots than people in a game.

SexyPorkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SexyPorkins
Member since 2007 • 1222 Posts
I disagree with the OP. I hate Bots! They are so predictable and will always find you if you are trying to hide, etc.
steveslugga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 steveslugga
Member since 2007 • 1344 Posts
I disagree with the OP. I hate Bots! They are so predictable and will always find you if you are trying to hide, etc.SexyPorkins
What harm does it do though, all were saying is that it should be an option
Vexx88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#17 Vexx88
Member since 2006 • 33342 Posts
Heck we are a barely getting offline multiplayer anymore...
Wezker619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Wezker619
Member since 2006 • 1427 Posts
Pathetic People!
Absolutezerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Absolutezerr
Member since 2006 • 291 Posts
I wish there would be a Star Wars Battlefront III on consoles... those games were great and the AI on hard mode were actually interesting to play against.
xKrayZee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 xKrayZee
Member since 2007 • 266 Posts

Check out Unreal Tournament, they have bots. Especially Unreal Tournament III, they can be as difficult as they can be. Since bots doesn't have upgraded health and damage, their accuracy, predictionsand directions seems to be incredibly accurate. Halo 3 would've had bots, but in the official Halo 3 forums, many players keeps denying bots and only accepts player vs player. If I imagined Halo 3 with bots, their difficulty setting would be a range from Easy to Legendary though the Campaign difficulty is purely on more damage and quantities of enemies with '100% accuracy' rather than predicted shots. TimeSplitters 4 will bring bots, obviously and there is no doubt that the bots will play fine on whatever map you're trying to make. I'm not even clearly sure if you could even change the bots difficulty setting from Future Perfect.

twopic58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#21 twopic58
Member since 2007 • 3710 Posts
Yeah I wish they had bots. Timesplitters 2 was so fun.
SexyPorkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SexyPorkins
Member since 2007 • 1222 Posts

[QUOTE="SexyPorkins"]I disagree with the OP. I hate Bots! They are so predictable and will always find you if you are trying to hide, etc.steveslugga
What harm does it do though, all were saying is that it should be an option

I guess that most developers think that most of the people who play won't use the bots because they have access to Live, etc.

afflictatrophy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 afflictatrophy
Member since 2006 • 223 Posts
i totally agree, bots were cool but now they wont make them so they can have you pay for xbox live its stupid but probably true :(
wKmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 wKmike
Member since 2003 • 4843 Posts

I miss the good old bots

I remember Starcraft and their computers.. a 2v6 was oh so fun

JBucc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JBucc
Member since 2005 • 2318 Posts
Seems like a good idea. With the more advanced AI they could be more humanlike than back in the day where they just ran around randomly. Plus sometimes you don't want to deal with all the little dorks on live.
RHCP87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RHCP87
Member since 2007 • 1952 Posts
The bots in PDZ were good for getting achievements against.
Revelade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 Revelade
Member since 2005 • 1862 Posts

Time Splitter bots were terrible. Even at 5 star they would do things like pause before each shot.

Perfect Dark was a revolutionary game. For a game at that time, it still has more features than many games released today. The bots were incredible.

I have a game called XIII that was overshadowed. It was a great game because it was balanced. It had a great story, online play and the multiplayer had bots! And these bots were quite challenging if you wanted them to be.

Bots are great if you just want to kick back or if you don't have many to play with.

Broc_Samson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Broc_Samson
Member since 2007 • 522 Posts
I really do think they should bring them back. Online play is fun and all but after getting yelled at over your mic by a seven year old who drives your warthog off a cliff for five hours I kind of want to sit back and kill fake people that are more polite than real people... plus its fun to tell the game that its cheating! :lol:
Xemmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Xemmy
Member since 2006 • 308 Posts

i think the next gears should have bots, the a.i. is so good in that game that i would have a blast with a couple buddies n some bots, its better than getting whopped by some punk 12 year old IMOsteveslugga

Real men kow that defeat is inevitable, and embrace it.Even if it's from some "Punk 12 year old"

Anyways, i'm pretty sure that Timesplitters 4 will have bots.Even if it isn't on the 360.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
Bots were a quick way to have instant fun by yourself. I miss them so much. Unreal Tournament 3will have them tho.
TiKRuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TiKRuy
Member since 2006 • 53 Posts

Indeed i'm so disapointed at fps games on x360 because they didn't have bots (besides pdz)... And it seems we won't be getting any either..

Avatar image for volcomstoner180
volcomstoner180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32 volcomstoner180
Member since 2008 • 4410 Posts

army of 2 has a different style of multiplay with bots...its 2 vs 2 player match and their are bots that try to attack each team or protect goals, so they arent on either team...its pretty sweet i love it (even tho it got the most biased and crap review on gamespot)

but timesplitter 2 bots...now that was some classic xbox gaming with a friend

Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#33 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts
i love bots. i had lots of fun with bots in games like Jedi Academy and all. it'd be nice to bring them back.
PlayaCDubb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PlayaCDubb
Member since 2003 • 440 Posts
I liked the bots cuz sometimes its fun to play against them with a few friends or even by yourself.
dojodawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dojodawg
Member since 2007 • 219 Posts

James Bond Nightfire.... Good Times

Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#36 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts

You speak as if Bots were in every shooter. Most Shooters didn't come with bots and some added them either thru updates or expansion (is consider CS:CZ an expansion). Honestly a lot of games didn't come with them. The games i can remember having them would be Perfect Dark, Tribes, Timesplitters, and........ some other games i probably have never played. Most of those games were massive sellers such as Call of Duty or Halo.

You also speak as if it is news to you that Halo 3 and CoD 4 don't have bots. Those games have never had bots. If a franchise starts with bots there is a very good chance it will keep them like Perfect Dark to PDZ, but if a franchise doesn't start with bots it is much more unlikely that they will get them in the future. Of course Counter-Strike was an exception.

I wouldn't say bring back bots, but more so bring bots.

Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts

army of 2 has a different style of multiplay with bots...its 2 vs 2 player match and their are bots that try to attack each team or protect goals, so they arent on either team...its pretty sweet i love it (even tho it got the most biased and crap review on gamespot)

but timesplitter 2 bots...now that was some classic xbox gaming with a friend

volcomstoner180
Yea, Army of Two has m.p. bots and they are SMART. So pick it up and quit whining about the "good old days".
thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts

They're dissapearing mainly because of live and other online gaming.grunt1096

True, true. But still, it's always fun to go into splitscreen with one other person, and feel like you're fighting a real battle.

Josepiphus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Josepiphus
Member since 2003 • 571 Posts

I love UT3 for this very reason (among others)... bring on the bots!

akiraxander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#40 akiraxander
Member since 2005 • 4625 Posts

I liked Red Faction 2 for the fact that you created your own Botts, hope they bring them back in there next game.

tommat119944

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#41 tommat119944
Member since 2008 • 970 Posts
Agreed 100% aswell. I remember the days of the PS2 and when i played split screen Red Faction II with my sis aginst bots. I found it so fun. Even if online gaming is killing it, it wouldn't hinder the devs much to just add such a small yet effective feature.
pokemon94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 pokemon94
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I also mishaving to people playing online on one 360. It was in Halo 3, but I really wanted it in COD 4
gullytolwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 gullytolwyn
Member since 2003 • 362 Posts
All of the top tier shooter games have bots... Quake series, Unreal series, most games on Steam like Counterstrike, Team Fortress and whatnot. They would be a cool addition to have in non-ranked games so you could practice against godlike opponents.
callen3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 callen3
Member since 2005 • 1289 Posts
By the way, shadowrun has bots.
Links14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#46 Links14
Member since 2006 • 1347 Posts
what about PDZ for the 360???
Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#47 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts
Perfect Dark Zero with bots was awesomeeeeeeeee
PureDante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 PureDante
Member since 2007 • 925 Posts
The world has forgotten about Unreal Tournament 3? Red Faction 3? Time Splitters 4?
Mr_Cumberdale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#49 Mr_Cumberdale
Member since 2004 • 10189 Posts

Yeah, I'm dissapointing with the lack of bots. It seems like games are taking a step back this generation. I mean come on, adding bots wouldn't be too hard... they've got so much more memory on the disks now.

I really missed bots.. without em, game's would get boring very quickly. Take the Time Splitters series; you can customize the bots in so many different ways that you'd never get bored of the game.

Gamesmasterx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Gamesmasterx
Member since 2008 • 6438 Posts
Almost every game has a PC mod to include bots, like CoD4, just search PeZBOT on youtube. It's not fair. Now i've got to buy the game for PC just for the one thing I want.