black ops and why

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rawrB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 rawrB
Member since 2009 • 627 Posts

are alot of people wanting to buy a game that came out 3 or 4 years ago with a differant skin on it?

just checked out some vids and i have canceled my preorder and put it on medal of honour after comparing videos and reading various things on the web
but it seems alot of people are just buying the cod brand and maybe not researching what there getting,

THOUGHTS?

Avatar image for ace-of-spades93
ace-of-spades93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 ace-of-spades93
Member since 2008 • 2456 Posts
Haven't pre-ordered Black ops or Medal of Honour since their both just re-hashes of other games.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
Haven't pre-ordered Black ops or Medal of Honour since their both just re-hashes of other games.ace-of-spades93
Exactly how can you rip on one game without ripping on the other?
rawrB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rawrB

checked out alot of medal of honour stuff and looks nothing looks wise like any thing iv seen, iv read alot of people saying its both cod and bf but some how cant see it and dunno why a game developer would do that plus alot of things on the beta changed so beta oppinions arent really worth looking at

slerskiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 slerskiii
Member since 2010 • 49 Posts

Haven't People been following marketing fads for a while now? but could yall elaborate a little more

ace-of-spades93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ace-of-spades93
[QUOTE="ace-of-spades93"]Haven't pre-ordered Black ops or Medal of Honour since their both just re-hashes of other games.craigalan23

What does Ripping On mean? I'm just saying, Black Ops isn't significantly different to CoD4, and despite some really minor tweaks MoH is just BF with less awesome "/
ace-of-spades93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ace-of-spades93

checked out alot of medal of honour stuff and looks nothing looks wise like any thing iv seen, iv read alot of people saying its both cod and bf but some how cant see it and dunno why a game developer would do that plus alot of things on the beta changed so beta oppinions arent really worth looking at

rawrB
My opinions are from the beta so they probably are outdated, but there is really nothing that can justify a buy within that game. It's another Run of the mill "brown" shooter that tries to utilize elements of other games but doesn't do a good job of any of them.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
[QUOTE="craigalan23"][QUOTE="ace-of-spades93"]Haven't pre-ordered Black ops or Medal of Honour since their both just re-hashes of other games.ace-of-spades93

What does Ripping On mean? I'm just saying, Black Ops isn't significantly different to CoD4, and despite some really minor tweaks MoH is just BF with less awesome "/

I was agreeing with you. How can you call one a rehash when the other is basically BF:BC 2 trying to be COD.
ace-of-spades93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ace-of-spades93
[QUOTE="craigalan23"][QUOTE="ace-of-spades93"][QUOTE="craigalan23"] Exactly how can you rip on one game without ripping on the other?

I was agreeing with you. How can you call one a rehash when the other is basically BF:BC 2 trying to be COD.

Whoops :S
fig56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 fig56
Member since 2005 • 2443 Posts

are alot of people wanting to buy a game that came out 3 or 4 years ago with a differant skin on it?

just checked out some vids and i have canceled my preorder and put it on medal of honour after comparing videos and reading various things on the web
but it seems alot of people are just buying the cod brand and maybe not researching what there getting,

THOUGHTS?rawrB

Are you kidding? First of all the COD engine has been revamped and made to look much better. Second, Black Ops is not gonna be the same as MW2! They have added some new game modes, added the new curency model, more customization features, the new theater mode, no more tactical instertion in FFA, no more stopping power, no more juggernaut, no more commando, so Black Ops is NOT MW with a different skin on it.

rawrB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rawrB

yes, yes it is the same. the game engine is the same the basic sp campaign will work the same were ur just horded with ai till you die they put some stuff in that could count as DLC and your calling it a new game lol @ no stopping power so it therefore is differant and some fancy credit system

XboxGuy1537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#12 XboxGuy1537
Member since 2010 • 2360 Posts

I'm no COD fanboy, but I couldn't agree any better.

Drakebunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Drakebunny
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

Is Assassin's Creed II that much different from Assassin's Creed? By your logic, they're the exact same game, save one is a rehash.

me_rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 me_rock
Member since 2004 • 2462 Posts

Is Assassin's Creed II that much different from Assassin's Creed? By your logic, they're the exact same game, save one is a rehash.

Drakebunny

Assassin's Creed vastly improved over the first. CoD doesn't do that.

Drakebunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Drakebunny
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

[QUOTE="Drakebunny"]

me_rock

Assassin's Creed vastly improved over the first. CoD doesn't do that.

And how doesn't it?

rawrB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rawrB

If you don't want to get Black Ops then don't. Nobody is forcing you to buy anything.

MuddyMilkshake

why post useless junk

its a debate to why people that play current call of duty see the need to play the next when its in my opinion just a new skin.

who said i was being made to do anything ? where did that idea even come from your attempt to sound smart is fail

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

What about the two left 4 dead games? Or a game where they change the list of players in the game?

Some times a new campaign make it worth a rental. IF you want to buy year then wait until the price drops.

kungfuchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 kungfuchaos
Member since 2004 • 5643 Posts

Persoanlly, Im very content with Halo Reach. Black Ops really does nothing for me and unless MoH gets a major fix from the beta, that game is absolutely off my radar. A new CoD game every year has simply watered down the franchise and each one has gotten worse since CoD 4. WaW was OK, and MW 2 is a shadow of what was a very good franchise. Unfortunately unless we the gamers stop buying these yearly interations of these games, the devs will keep pumping them out with minimal tweaks and add ons and some new maps. There is a reason why the Halo and Gears franchises are as good as they are.....!!!

Hokusai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Hokusai
Member since 2003 • 162 Posts

I've played all the past COD games as well as the past MOH games and truly only enjoyed the earlier ones.

The more recent ones from both franchises just weren't as much fun for me. They basically just felt like bad rehashes with flashier graphics, shorter sp campaign and absolutely boring online play.

I'm not going to make the investment of purchasing either or even rent it until all the HYPE dumbs down quite a bit and we see what we've got.

I'm so leery about new games these days that I don't really trust the old producers any more. Seems like they have a tendency of wreaking by just poor rehash and a bit of glitz without considering a thing called substance.

kungfuchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 kungfuchaos
Member since 2004 • 5643 Posts

[QUOTE="rawrB"]

THOUGHTS?fig56

Are you kidding? First of all the COD engine has been revamped and made to look much better. Second, Black Ops is not gonna be the same as MW2! They have added some new game modes, added the new curency model, more customization features, the new theater mode, no more tactical instertion in FFA, no more stopping power, no more juggernaut, no more commando, so Black Ops is NOT MW with a different skin on it.

Yes, but you still that "magic box" from the sky that will contain a chopper gunner because you are a good camper/bush monkey and that is completely lame! Oh, and I love the remote control car that you can apparently drive around for 10 minutes until you find a target. That thing should self destruct after about 2 minutes if its not used!

meatgrinderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 meatgrinderz
Member since 2010 • 1329 Posts

I'll get Black OPs because COD is all my brother plays and that's how we keep in touch, playing COD together since he lives across the country...besides I did put a lot of hours into MW2 though I haven't played it in months

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts
Watch out CoD fanboys are lurking.
rawrB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rawrB

yup the fan boys out in full force, iv just read that its already been leaked about a call of duty civil war :S surely that cant be true LOL

iv just been looking at the vids on medal of honour site and it looks like it looks way better graphically than cod, it just looks awsome although that is the promo vids job the cod vids just dont wow me. its not new. the moh is new its all brand new you can say its bf all you want but its not if you actually look,

berserker2389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 berserker2389
Member since 2010 • 4627 Posts
Wager matches.
vp22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 vp22
Member since 2008 • 1443 Posts
I preordered Black Ops Hardened edition in the hope that they 1. That I will have the same fun with Nazi Zombies I had in Cod 5 and 2. They fix all of MW2 mistakes.
Xeogua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Xeogua
Member since 2010 • 1542 Posts

Wager matches. berserker2389

This, and some people actually prefer the way that COD plays over the other games that have been mentioned, I know I do, I like the fact that I can get in a game and be done in 10 minutes if need be, with Bad Company 1 or 2, they take forever, not saying they're bad games, I like the first, but they're not my style.