Bioshock- worst ending ever... no spoilers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dru26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dru26
Member since 2005 • 5505 Posts
The entire game long I was telling myself it was one of the most atmospheric and creepy games I've ever played in my life. It's certainly in my all time fav 5, and should win GOTY. The story had twists and turns and was awesome until to very very end, which summed up the afterstory in Street Fighter II fashion. It really was over in about 15 seconds. WTF was that?
greeneye59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 greeneye59
Member since 2003 • 1079 Posts
I beat the game saving the little girls. The ending was okay. I read what the ending was for harvesting and it sounds pretty cool. I wish I could watch it.
brunoleao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 brunoleao
Member since 2007 • 54 Posts

Yeah I played the good guy role and was happy with the end. Also, seemed to me some things happened during the game that would only happen if you played it this way. (Not saying what due to spoilers ;) )

I'll play a Harvester next time, and see how it turns out. :)

ajefferism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ajefferism
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts
i have to agree with you... i liked the ending (beat it by saving girls), but it was way too short and then just cut to the title screen... i was like "WTF?".... I really enjoyed bioshock but its lack of multiplayer and that poor ending make it FAR from the perfect 10 so many reviewers hyped it to be.... i'd give it a 9.2 or so out of 10. replay value is a bit low too... i played it once and had no desire to play it again
gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 gp19
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts
I liked both endings... gives you an idea on what happens. I really enjoyed the good ending, so Disney like (and they lived happily ever after)
cleotis_max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cleotis_max
Member since 2007 • 979 Posts
I beat the game twice in like a week to get the good ending and one fo the 2 harvesting endings, though the 2nd one isn't much different. But I think they are satisifying, the entire story of Rapture is played through Audio Tapes, so you couldn't expect much of a huge ending I mean by the time you get to where you need to be you basically know what happens. But yeah, I can agree to them being short but still, an amazing game. Now with the updates I have a reason to beat it again. Besides, Good Ending > Bad Ending(s).
chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#7 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts
i harvested half of the sisters and got he crappy ending....oh and what a crappy ending it was...CRAP
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
Well considering the only plot development through the whole game was on a radio and through diaries and there was 1 5 second cutscene what did you expect the game to turn into Metal Gear Solid and have a long winded complex ending no the ending folowed suit with the lazy story telling the rest of the game had.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#9 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

Really? It's my favorite ending this year... better than Mass Effect, in my opinion. Short and sweet. My girlfriend cried when she beat it. So I guess I'm saying I couldnt disagree more.

I got the nice ending, btw.

Cook66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Cook66
Member since 2004 • 5182 Posts
I beat the game saving the little girls. The ending was okay. I read what the ending was for harvesting and it sounds pretty cool. I wish I could watch it.greeneye59
Just youtube it.
krp008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 krp008
Member since 2006 • 4341 Posts
Can someone PM me the good ending? I got the crappy ending, The Lost World: Jurassic Park style
septemberluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 septemberluc
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts
So yeah, the ending cutscenes were both rather short, but the bottom line of them were pretty slick.
cjbroom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cjbroom
Member since 2007 • 65 Posts

Saved the girls. The ending was fine.

AND IT'S DEFINITELY NOT THE WORST ENDING EVER.

If any gaming review site put together even a top 100 list of "Worst Game Endings Ever" BioShock would not make the list.

Do you know why?

IT DOESN'T HAVE A BAD ENDING. Period.

If you're looking for a really awful ending, try this game out: HALO 2.