Bioshock single player length??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hulkster_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hulkster_basic
Member since 2002 • 571 Posts
so bioshock is coming out soon and im wondering how long the game lasts. has anyone heard anything about it? ive also heard that its only offline, and thus, no multiplayer. is that true as well?
Avatar image for ilplaynebody510
ilplaynebody510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ilplaynebody510
Member since 2005 • 673 Posts
watch some ign interviews and i belieave the game will have multiplayer
kidkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kidkit
Member since 2005 • 2783 Posts
watch some ign interviews and i belieave the game will have multiplayerilplaynebody510
His comments were more to the tune that he just figured out how multiplayer 'might' work. This is a 1 player game, and from what I've read it's about 20 hours. Personally I can't wait.
Pwnager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 Pwnager
Member since 2004 • 1947 Posts
The Director or writer guy said there is no multiplayer. He'd rather have one great game as opposed to two mediocre games. I'm not sure how long it is, from what i guess, i think it's like....20 hours?
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
25 Hours I believe.
Avatar image for SMASHED_ASPHALT
SMASHED_ASPHALT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SMASHED_ASPHALT
Member since 2007 • 1777 Posts

The Director or writer guy said there is no multiplayer. He'd rather have one great game as opposed to two mediocre games. I'm not sure how long it is, from what i guess, i think it's like....20 hours?Pwnager

Bump.

msjr78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 msjr78
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts
I'm not upset about there being no multiplayer in this game. I would rather have a long and engaging 1st person experience than have a 5 hour game with a multiplayer component that has a bunch of whiny 12 year olds running around.
npili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 npili
Member since 2005 • 108 Posts
I'm not upset about there being no multiplayer in this game. I would rather have a long and engaging 1st person experience than have a 5 hour game with a multiplayer component that has a bunch of whiny 12 year olds running around.msjr78
Well said, man!
Ghost_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#9 Ghost_Warrior
Member since 2003 • 9002 Posts

[QUOTE="msjr78"]I'm not upset about there being no multiplayer in this game. I would rather have a long and engaging 1st person experience than have a 5 hour game with a multiplayer component that has a bunch of whiny 12 year olds running around.npili
Well said, man!

I totally agree, it'll be nice to see a game that is 100% focused on the single player for once. As for the length, I've been seeing 20-25 hours on the posts above and that seems likely. I do remember reading an interview and they mentioned the length would be pretty long.

mehoff88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mehoff88
Member since 2003 • 517 Posts

so bioshock is coming out soon and im wondering how long the game lasts. has anyone heard anything about it? ive also heard that its only offline, and thus, no multiplayer. is that true as well?hulkster_basic

I heard about 600 hours.

Avatar image for foolwestcoast33
foolwestcoast33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 foolwestcoast33
Member since 2004 • 197 Posts

either way this game is gonna be awesome

master_spoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 master_spoon
Member since 2006 • 275 Posts

Finally a good FPS with a story longer then 3 hours.....something we all deserve.

Clan_Crushbone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Clan_Crushbone
Member since 2007 • 1501 Posts
The current reported release date is August 21. As for singleplayer length, early reports and estimates have been in the 12-20 hour range, depending on how much you explore etc, wich sounds very reasonable to me. As for multiplayer, as other people have said, its already been well known for some time the game doesnt support any multiplayer. Wich im totally fine with, id rather have a great singleplayer experience(wich was what the game was built around) than a mediocre SP and a tacked on MP. Game looks amazing, cant wait to play final version.
hulkster_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hulkster_basic
Member since 2002 • 571 Posts

while i totally agree that id rather have an engaging single player quest with no MP as opposed to a ho-hum SP and MP....however....i think there is a happy medium some where in there. gears of war was a great single player game, although short, but the MP gives it lots of longevity.

that being said, the achievement system will give any game longevity. man....whoever thought that up was a genius. "i got an idea, lets make a game last longer by popping up a little window saying way to go, you just spent way too much time playing video games! and then give them absolutely nothing in return!" sounds terrible, but awesome at the same time.