Biggest dissapoinment of 2007?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JaviBonilla23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 JaviBonilla23
Member since 2007 • 912 Posts
Wich game dissapointed you the most this past year? For me was Def Jam Icon. I was a huge fan of vendetta and fight for NY back in the day. When I heard that it was coming to the next gen I almost..... well you know (im a male so go figure). But when I played the demo I felt my soul being crushed, similar to what you feel when your favorite book or classic movie gets a remake and it totally sucks and everybody thinks its cool. I would appreciate you not to include Halo 3 because in my opinion it is one of the best games ever and just want to hear some other opinions.
SmokieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SmokieX
Member since 2005 • 2412 Posts
It was Halo 3. The new MP maps are horrible. The single player was alright. It's just that I also regret spending $150 on the Legendary edition:(
JaviBonilla23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JaviBonilla23
It was Halo 3. The new MP maps are horrible. The single player was alright. It's just that I also regret spending $150 on the Legendary edition:(SmokieX
Did you read my post at least
SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SilentSoprano
Member since 2007 • 4446 Posts
why should he not be able to include halo 3, because you're so touchy on your beloved master chief?
NasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NasRex
Member since 2007 • 1117 Posts

[QUOTE="SmokieX"]It was Halo 3. The new MP maps are horrible. The single player was alright. It's just that I also regret spending $150 on the Legendary edition:(JaviBonilla23

Halo 3 & AssAssIn's Creed

SmokieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SmokieX
Member since 2005 • 2412 Posts

[QUOTE="SmokieX"]It was Halo 3. The new MP maps are horrible. The single player was alright. It's just that I also regret spending $150 on the Legendary edition:(JaviBonilla23

Yes I did but no other game came to mind except Halo 3!!!

HALO 3!11!!!!11!!!11

JaviBonilla23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JaviBonilla23
why should he not be able to include halo 3, because you're so touchy on your beloved master chief?SilentSoprano
yes and what? I politely asked for you guys not to include it, its not a dissapoinment is olnly that you dont know how to appreciate it.
SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SilentSoprano

[QUOTE="SilentSoprano"]why should he not be able to include halo 3, because you're so touchy on your beloved master chief?JaviBonilla23
yes and what? I politely asked for you guys not to include it, its not a dissapoinment is olnly that you dont know how to appreciate it.

lol

JaviBonilla23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JaviBonilla23

[QUOTE="JaviBonilla23"][QUOTE="SmokieX"]It was Halo 3. The new MP maps are horrible. The single player was alright. It's just that I also regret spending $150 on the Legendary edition:(SmokieX

Yes I did but no other game came to mind except Halo 3!!!

You said it, you cant think of anything else. Thats the way John-117 plays, he messe with your mind until you cant quit his sci-fi goodness. Just like how the undertaker messes with the minds of his unlcky opponents.

HALO 3!11!!!!11!!!11

JaviBonilla23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JaviBonilla23
Yes I did but no other game came to mind except Halo 3!!! You said it, you cant think of anything else. Thats the way John-117 plays, he messe with your mind until you cant quit his sci-fi goodness.
Avatar image for silverbullet241
silverbullet241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 silverbullet241
Member since 2003 • 88 Posts

[QUOTE="SilentSoprano"]why should he not be able to include halo 3, because you're so touchy on your beloved master chief?JaviBonilla23

icon wasn't a disappointment either, you just couldn't appreciate it

SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SilentSoprano

[QUOTE="JaviBonilla23"][QUOTE="SilentSoprano"]why should he not be able to include halo 3, because you're so touchy on your beloved master chief?silverbullet241

icon wasn't a disappointment either, you just couldn't appreciate it

JAVI GOT OWNED

NasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NasRex
Member since 2007 • 1117 Posts
Asking others for opinions and then telling them what not to say... :lol:
SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SilentSoprano

Asking others for opinions and then telling them what not to say... :lol:NasRex

exactly, it makes no sense does it?

silverbullet241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 silverbullet241

in reply to silent...

halo 3 was my disappointment, lol

SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SilentSoprano

in reply to silent...

halo 3 was my disappointment, lol

silverbullet241

hehe i was a bit dissapointed by it too, it seemed more like halo 2.5 at some parts

silverbullet241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 silverbullet241

yeah, i was a big fan of halo 2 with the double shot, bxr, and bxb. team hardcore isn't the same for me in halo 3

SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SilentSoprano

i do like the theater mode i gotta give them credit for that, no one else has done something like that before

mmackura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 mmackura
Member since 2007 • 237 Posts

i think its funny that he asks ppl not to say Halo 3, and then thats what the majority of people say.. hilarious....

I'd have to say Assassin's Creed. It was great, but it got dry after awhile. Still loved it though...

fordies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 fordies
Member since 2005 • 5829 Posts

I would have to say Halo 3 and Bioshock

Halo 3 because well i got bored of it very quickly i played it for the first 2 days on and off and havent played it since would trade it in but i want to finish it.

Then Bioshock i just couldnt get into it i wouldnt say im disappointed with the game just the fact it couldnt draw me in i have only played about an hour of it again i would trade it in but i would like to finish it eventually.

silentlord833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 silentlord833
Member since 2007 • 1336 Posts

Halo 3 definately had alot of flaws, that said, I don't think it was the BIGGEST dissapointment, the Forge is sweet, and personally I like the multi.

I thought that Kane and Lynch was gonna be a really good game......I was wrong. A friend rented it, and told me it was so bad I had to go to his house and play it. I did, and yes it was THAT bad. I know some people don't like Assassins Creed, but at least that game had some what concious controls, and cameras. Kane and Lynch, not so much.

Now I understand that some games get people mad, and some people are just mad. (CoD4: Veteran for example) I don't really get mad at games often, but Kane and Lynch made me want to bang my head against a wall, not because it was difficult, or time consuming, but because IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY!!! The controls are probably the worst thing I have seen since some really bad game I can't remember for the Genesis.

kieran88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kieran88
Member since 2004 • 2273 Posts

Wich game dissapointed you the most this past year? For me was Def Jam Icon. I was a huge fan of vendetta and fight for NY back in the day. When I heard that it was coming to the next gen I almost..... well you know (im a male so go figure). But when I played the demo I felt my soul being crushed, similar to what you feel when your favorite book or classic movie gets a remake and it totally sucks and everybody thinks its cool. I would appreciate you not to include Halo 3 because in my opinion it is one of the best games ever and just want to hear some other opinions.JaviBonilla23

So, we listen to your opinion and then we're not allowed our own if it goes against yours? Halo 3 was rubbish.

fabio_21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 fabio_21
Member since 2005 • 194 Posts

I guess Halo 3 was the biggest dissapointment because everyone raised the bar too much high.

Everyone was expecting a revolution in gameplay and ultra-realistic graphics. But they all forgot that Halo 2 was just a regular FPS with some awesome added details, a great story and addicting online play. Halo 3 is exactly that. regular, with some awesome details, a good story (kinda short, but not bad) and great online play. It's not the best game of all time past and to come, as some expected, but it's still an excellent game!

eliedaakour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 eliedaakour
Member since 2007 • 120 Posts

I think it was Balcksite. I was expecting so much of this game, it had a lot advertising and it looked promising.

Then i put the disc.....Disappointing. Kane and lynch also though i didn't play it yet but from what i'm seeing.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#25 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
COD 4s single player, mad short, even worse story, but ill give it the intensity. However the respawning enemy crap is annoying, on veteran it wasnt even fun as much as it was a pain in the butt.

Halo 3- I love this game, but there is a dissapointment, where the fudge was the fight with gravemind. We were suppose to finish all the fights remember, but personally the variety and big scale battles were a ton of fun, throw in skulls, meta game, and 4 player coop and you get AMAZING.

Assassins Creed- so good, but so repetitive, it should have been better.

Mass Effect- Why the fudge were so many planets lifeless. Sure you can explore, but who wants explore an empty giant planet of emptyness. Also way to buggy. Gameplay was good, but the mako stuff was dumb. and dumb ending.

Orange Box- WTF why is team fortress 2 so limited. Other than that GReatest package ever.

Bioshock- great game, but its a gimped system shock 2.

SO there now all the fanboys are covered.
Blood_0f_Moon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Blood_0f_Moon
Member since 2007 • 397 Posts

COD 4s single player, mad short, even worse story, but ill give it the intensity. However the respawning enemy crap is annoying, on veteran it wasnt even fun as much as it was a pain in the butt.

Halo 3- I love this game, but there is a dissapointment, where the fudge was the fight with gravemind. We were suppose to finish all the fights remember, but personally the variety and big scale battles were a ton of fun, throw in skulls, meta game, and 4 player coop and you get AMAZING.

Mass Effect- Why the fudge were so many planets lifeless. Sure you can explore, but who wants explore an empty giant planet of emptyness. Also way to buggy. Gameplay was good, but the mako stuff was dumb. and dumb ending.

Orange Box- WTF why is team fortress 2 so limited. Other than that GReatest package ever.

SO there now all the fanboys are covered.jg4xchamp

Dont forget Rockband and Guitar Hero 3 lol

Rockband - Great game but the dang guitar keeps breaking

Guitar Hero 3 - Way too hard and songs are exspensive!

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]COD 4s single player, mad short, even worse story, but ill give it the intensity. However the respawning enemy crap is annoying, on veteran it wasnt even fun as much as it was a pain in the butt.

SO there now all the fanboys are covered.Blood_0f_Moon

oops

might as well add

FOrza 2- great controls, but way to few maps and terrible graphics

PGR 4- bumper cars, shinny, but such arcadey gameplay is for "teh noobs"

Madden 08- why are Tom Brady and the patriots good, its not like they are perfect or something.
chaseace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 chaseace
Member since 2007 • 37 Posts
halo 3
Blood_0f_Moon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Blood_0f_Moon
[QUOTE="Blood_0f_Moon"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]COD 4s single player, mad short, even worse story, but ill give it the intensity. However the respawning enemy crap is annoying, on veteran it wasnt even fun as much as it was a pain in the butt.

oops

might as well add

Madden 08- why are Tom Brady and the patriots good, its not like they are perfect or something.

Lost planet - WTF!!!!

rexxpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rexxpro
Member since 2007 • 371 Posts

the most disappointing game for 2007 was cod4.

and even more disappointing was the people who put other down because they didnt like the game.

Fatality4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#31 Fatality4u
Member since 2003 • 3289 Posts
I know this is the 360 forum, but for the most part I have not been dissapointed by any 360 game because I knew what I was doing when I got it. I would have to say though Super Mario Galaxy. Way too easy and way too much hype for a good but not great game.
jmartin1016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jmartin1016
Member since 2003 • 1363 Posts
I only buy games that get good scores, so none of the games I picked up were a big dissapointment. I guess the biggest dissapointment of the year is that I can't afford all the excellent games that came out, nor do I have enough time to play them all. Buy the time I can afford more games I'll have to get Devil May Cry and Lost Oddessy. Sorry Orange Box and Bioshock you were lost in the fold.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jg4xchamp
[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="Blood_0f_Moon"]

SO there now all the fanboys are covered.Blood_0f_Moon

oops

might as well add

Lost planet - WTF!!!!

I know how dare these games get away with not being perfect. How dare they. I mean its not like we could be reasonable and just enjoy all the games and not nit pick. Please WE DESERVE PERFECTION.

MOTHER FUDGING PERFECTION

WE NEED A BIG RIGS 5.
Blood_0f_Moon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Blood_0f_Moon
[QUOTE="Blood_0f_Moon"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="Blood_0f_Moon"]

oops

might as well add

Lost planet - WTF!!!!

I know how dare these games get away with not being perfect. How dare they. I mean its not like we could be reasonable and just enjoy all the games and not nit pick. Please WE DESERVE PERFECTION.

MOTHER FUDGING PERFECTION

WE NEED A BIG RIGS 5.

I have enjoyed something from every game EVEN Assassins Creed!!! They will never make a game that blows you away and that you can not find fault in it. Now don't get me wrong I did rent one game which blew my mind it was sooooooooooo BAD. Which was Hour of Victory.

Right now there is a game for everyone on the 360 :)

Avatar image for deactivated-65441e217e74c
deactivated-65441e217e74c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-65441e217e74c
Member since 2003 • 308 Posts
GTA4 Delay was the biggest dissapointment for me.
Solid_Bismuth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Solid_Bismuth
Member since 2007 • 49 Posts

Haha he asks for us to give our opinions, but just not anything about Halo 3. Hmmm. Nah, I don't see the censorship in that statement...:roll:

Halo 3 for me. Mainly there was too much hype and it couldn't live up to it. I still play online regularly even though that was the greatest disappointment in my opinion. There are so many glitches on LIVE in that game, it's ridiculous. Bungie desperately needs to be working on a patch. The single player was just like Halo 2's for me as well. In the sense that, it's pretty awesome the first time (or couple times) you play it. But after that, you never want to play it again, and ti was really short. I'm still a huge Halo fan though.

makemeweak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 makemeweak
Member since 2005 • 1137 Posts
I'll probably get flamed for this, but I think the biggest disappointment for me was COD4. I think it's a very vanilla game. Changing the setting and timeline weren't big enough improvements in my opinion - they need to focus more on improving the robotic gameplay.
AnimeHendrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AnimeHendrix
Member since 2006 • 2595 Posts

Halo 3, easily.

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#39 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
NHL 08 - last played NHL 05 and it was much better overall.
gifteddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#40 gifteddie
Member since 2007 • 567 Posts
nba 2k8. Only because 2k7 was amazing and 2k8 is still good but could have included so much more. And you miss too many layups. Ben Wallace missing a lot I can understand but somebody like Lebron James or Dwayne Wade only making 20% of layups with a wide open lane. Come on now.
Zeldaguy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Zeldaguy16
Member since 2005 • 974 Posts
Javi, we can include any game we want. You asked for OUR OPINION on what our biggest disappointment was, and like others, I'm gonna say Halo 3. It's repetitve, and it gets old fast. CoD4 FTW.
dcowboys3315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dcowboys3315
Member since 2004 • 3044 Posts
y is a assasins creed in some peoples lists? i think that its amazing. and halo 3? no way thats one of the biggest disapointments. how can it b when they improved the single player and the mutiplayer was just as good as its always been.
DJ-PRIME90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#43 DJ-PRIME90
Member since 2004 • 11292 Posts
NFS: ProStreet, what a waste of $7 to rent it...
rawr2171

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 rawr2171
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

the darkness

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts

Are you American by any chance?... people like you. "don't include Halo 3 because it is the l33t3st thing ev@r!!"... whatever. In other words, you have the say, we don't... no point in this thread. I am not saying I hate Halo 3, it's just that you don't let anybody say anything about it.

msdd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#46 msdd9
Member since 2007 • 2957 Posts

I can't believe I read the entire frist page and no one said Kane and Lynch. That game was so hyped and everyone wanted it so bad and then it sucked.

Also to contribute to the first page's little argument. I enjoyed Halo 3, but to tell people not to say it was disappointing because you liked it and they didn't is really immature.

Avatar image for See_Brandon_358
See_Brandon_358

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#47 See_Brandon_358
Member since 2007 • 196 Posts

I wasn't too happy about MGS4 being only on PS3, and GTA4 delay

Avatar image for See_Brandon_358
See_Brandon_358

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48 See_Brandon_358
Member since 2007 • 196 Posts

y is a assasins creed in some peoples lists? i think that its amazing. and halo 3? no way thats one of the biggest disapointments. how can it b when they improved the single player and the mutiplayer was just as good as its always been.dcowboys3315

it's just cause it flopped in most reviews not including Gamespot

Stevie_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#49 Stevie_Q
Member since 2006 • 2011 Posts
Blue Dragon. I was so excited for a good ol' JRPG, and then it just turned into a JFLOP
Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#50 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Vampire Rain..

They had the greatest concept ever, and somehow ruined it.

Its in the top 3 worst xbox360 games...

Thank god I never played it.