Beware EB Games - Activision - Red Octane will steal your money

This topic is locked from further discussion.

evilwig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 evilwig
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I will post this again because nobody from EB Games, Red Octane or Activision wants or are able to help.

I urge people not to buy from EB Games and by extension not buying the game at all beacause, if any instruments are broken, EB Games will not refund or exchange your product. Plus Red Octane will charge you to have them replace.

All this is true, I saw the emailed receive by EB Games about not to give refund or exchange to the customer.

So please don't give you money to theif, liar and unprofessional business people.
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
join the waggon on ebgames/gamestop being a bad company with thier stupid trade in values.
RushMetallica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 RushMetallica
Member since 2007 • 4501 Posts
This is not news to me.
joeishawt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 joeishawt
Member since 2006 • 129 Posts

i work at a gamestop/EB Games and i assure you that we take back all defective product within 30 days with receipt. the lone exception was with the rock band 1 bundles which was mandated by harmonix due to lack of availability in stores. my store has returned several guitar hero: word tour bundles due to defective drum sets. if the official EB Games policy is not to take them, no one has told us.

the trade in value policy is garbage, and im not going to say that gamestop is not a dishonest company, but i have seen no example of this.

maybe our store just breaks the rule for better customer service?

jstarzyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 jstarzyk
Member since 2004 • 3507 Posts
Too bad for EB. They are bound by the terms and conditions printed on their receipts. If it said 30 days exchange on defective products when you bought it, then they have to take it back. If they don't, just threaten to talk to the district manager. Then they will.
evilwig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 evilwig
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

i work at a gamestop/EB Games and i assure you that we take back all defective product within 30 days with receipt. the lone exception was with the rock band 1 bundles which was mandated by harmonix due to lack of availability in stores. my store has returned several guitar hero: word tour bundles due to defective drum sets. if the official EB Games policy is not to take them, no one has told us.

the trade in value policy is garbage, and im not going to say that gamestop is not a dishonest company, but i have seen no example of this.

joeishawt

I just got off the phone with my local EB Games and EB Games customer service and they told me that EB Games won't refund or exchange any GHWT product because there is too many return.

So please, don't any Guitar Hero or activision products.

Robocrotch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Robocrotch
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

So today I managed to get a copy at EB games only to get home and find out the drums don't work (that's a first).

Called EB Games and apparently they won't let me return it... I BOUGHT IT TODAY, my receipt isn't even faded! Aren't there laws to protect consumers from this type of sh!t (excuse my french)

Should I try another EB games? I don't really feel like paying for shipping, only to get another defective set, and have to pay for shipping on that one too, that's completely retarded.

Thanks for your time,

Childeater10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 Childeater10
Member since 2006 • 3027 Posts

joeishawt
Completely agree. I also work at a Gamestop and I've never heard of this garbage. Ive done returns on GH:WT and Rock Band 2's with instrument issues with no problems. Its just your Gamestop thats the issue.
Robocrotch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Robocrotch
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

So yeah I'll try and get a copy from Walmart or Futureshop or Bestbuy or some other place where they aren't all uptight about returns... and return the broken one there with that receipt... sleazy but wtf I shouldn't be paying anymore money for this...

Thanks...

Caprellid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Caprellid
Member since 2008 • 249 Posts
gamestop and eb games = RIP OFF gamestores....im sure if you had gone to walmart..you wouldnt run into as much probs
koolaidWTF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 koolaidWTF
Member since 2008 • 362 Posts

gamestop and eb games = RIP OFF gamestores....im sure if you had gone to walmart..you wouldnt run into as much probsCaprellid

This is true, wal-mart takes back anything lol SERIOUSLY they'll ask like one question and then they'll refund it. 

Fredrick2003x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Fredrick2003x
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts

EBGames rips people off???

Oh my god someone alert the papers :roll: 

method115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 method115
Member since 2006 • 853 Posts

[QUOTE="Caprellid"]gamestop and eb games = RIP OFF gamestores....im sure if you had gone to walmart..you wouldnt run into as much probskoolaidWTF

This is true, wal-mart takes back anything lol SERIOUSLY they'll ask like one question and then they'll refund it. 

Yea its great for MMO games. My friend got his parents to buy the game and I used his copy 5 more times to get new copies/serials each time saying the cds were scratched.World of Warcraft was the game did this for expansion packs as well.

Erik729

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Erik729
Member since 2006 • 1474 Posts
Iam2green, you have just been awarded best sig of the day. Well done, sir!
Hedfix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Hedfix
Member since 2006 • 424 Posts

Stop buying games with crappy peripherals then. If it looks crappy then it will be crappy.

Use a controller until they get the quality of their peripherals right.

2uneek4u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 2uneek4u
Member since 2006 • 2548 Posts
is this usa only or australia too? because australia eb games rocks!, cheapest gameshop, friendly to customers. they have 7days refund whether the games work or not. even if you buy a game and completely finish it off in 4 days. and refund it. totally legal :)
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#18 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

is this usa only or australia too? because australia eb games rocks!, cheapest gameshop, friendly to customers. they have 7days refund whether the games work or not. even if you buy a game and completely finish it off in 4 days. and refund it. totally legal :)2uneek4u

JB-HI FI is better :)

Malevescant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Malevescant
Member since 2008 • 891 Posts

It's not just EB Games.

The official statement from Activision was:

Our goal would be to immediately address any hardware issues Guitar Hero World Tour players have with the game. Consumers should visit the Activision Publishing customer support website at www.activision.com/support website or call 310 255-2050 in the U.S. where a customer care representative will assist them. Activision is fully committed to the highest quality manufacturing standards, and to satisfying every Guitar Hero World Tour fan so they can enjoy the best musical gaming experience ever created.Activision

Activision also issued a statement to retailers. This clearly stated that the policy on the issue was for the customer to contact Activision directly. There is no more interaction with the retailer. The store in which I work (Not EB Games) was advised to not accept any returns of Guitar Hero World Tour if the instruments were faulty. Even if the store's return policy states that all returns are accepted within thirty days, the instructions from Activision (Are supposed to) over-rule this.

Whether a store accepts a return for GHWT is down to pot luck and how effectively information is relayed to staff dealing with returns.

PlayaCDubb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PlayaCDubb
Member since 2003 • 440 Posts
I think its totally BS that we should have to pay for shipping on a product that was defective orput together badly. I bought the Guitar bundle and it broke the 3rd day. When Activision told me I had to pay for shipping I said screw that. So I'm gonna crack open the guitar and fix it myself.