Battlefield 3 Flashlight... wth?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts

So, can someone tell me why the enemy flashlight blinds me in broad daylight when he is 10 feet away? Because I just don't get it

SPIRITDOKU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 SPIRITDOKU
Member since 2004 • 1908 Posts

So, can someone tell me why the enemy flashlight blinds me in broad daylight when he is 10 feet away? Because I just don't get it

Essian
lol
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#3 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
I completely agree. It makes me angry beyond belief. The flashlights are very cheap. You can't see a damn thing if they aim at you from 30 feet away. It needs changing. If not I'll use it too. :P
Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Essian
to tell you the truth, while this game does have some strong aspects, its gives a rough first impression... you have to stick with it for a few hours before it gets fun
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

the trick being to aim for the center of the light or to quickly retreat / take cover if possible but most people panic and die. Also you eventually start to get night vision scopes that will allow you see someone even if they are blinding you with the light.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Essian

the trick being to aim for the center of the light or to quickly retreat / take cover if possible but most people panic and die. Also you eventually start to get night vision scopes that will allow you see someone even if they are blinding you with the light.

Gen007
still though, come on! In broad daylight? 10 freaking feat away?
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

[QUOTE="Gen007"]

Essian

still though, come on! In broad daylight? 10 freaking feat away?

I'm not disagreeing with you on that a flashlight during the day would def not be that effective but it is what it is lol. Plus you can get the light and laser beams too.

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

if this is on multiplayer im ganna be going stryker on their @$$e$

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

the funny thing about the flashlight is that even tho it has the blinding power of a thousand suns, it has the lighting power of a wet cinder.

seriously, it doesnt brighten up even the darkest of rooms even a slight amount, but could blind the sun itself.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

the funny thing about the flashlight is that even tho it has the blinding power of a thousand suns, it has the lighting power of a wet cinder.

seriously, it doesnt brighten up even the darkest of rooms even a slight amount, but could blind the sun itself.

i-rock-socks
Lmao, wet cinder. Your right, sometimes I can't even tell if it's on or off without pointing my gun at a dark space but then I get blinded from half was across the map two seconds later.
Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

Gen007

that makes absolutely no sence, night vision goggles would blind you even more with a flashlight pointed at you, good one Dice....

Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts

[QUOTE="Gen007"]

JayQproductions

that makes absolutely no sence, night vision goggles would blind you even more with a flashlight pointed at you, good one Dice....

I'm pretty sure that's a thermal scope that does that, not night vision. PS - It's a scope, not goggles,BTW.
Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

[QUOTE="JayQproductions"]

[QUOTE="Gen007"]

HilbillyRokstar

I'm pretty sure that's a thermal scope that does that, not night vision. PS - It's a scope, not goggles,BTW.

night vision anything works by amplifing ambient light, if you shine a light at someone using anything night vision to see, you will blind the living hell out of them, thermal just recognizes heat signatures.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
Yeah flashlight on NV goggles is a very bad idea. Its the reason you don't use NV in broad daylight lol. Goggles, scope, it really doesn't matter, either one would blind the hell out of you. Thermal would be no good to, recognizing a body vs a heat signature would be tough to do in a middle of a gunfight. It works best when the enemy doesn't know your there.
Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts
Yeah flashlight on NV goggles is a very bad idea. Its the reason you don't use NV in broad daylight lol. Goggles, scope, it really doesn't matter, either one would blind the hell out of you. Thermal would be no good to, recognizing a body vs a heat signature would be tough to do in a middle of a gunfight. It works best when the enemy doesn't know your there. Sepewrath
Thermal works awfully well in the Rainbow 6 series.