Ashen - Return of Hardcore?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

As a fan of old school hardcore pvp games like UO, this new open world sandbox survival game looked pretty interesting.

http://www.ashen-game.com/#ashen

Lots of the Sony fans are gushing over Horizon but the premise of this game seems better due to the hardcore nature of it, needing other players to survive in a world without light. Both apparently have giant creatures.

Anyone else excited for this game?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56214 Posts

This one have my attention. Looking forward to it and also to Cuphead at that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#3 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

When I watched the live stream of the Microsoft event here on GS, you would not believe how many people bitched about Ashen. I thought it looked interesting myself.

I didn't know what the premise of the game was though, your explanation makes it even more interesting already!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DaVillain  Moderator

@Ovirew: @oflow: By the way, does anyone knows when Ashen comes out?

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Never heard of it but sounds interesting, will check it out. I just tried Elite Dangerous, which feels very hardcore and has lots of attention to detail. I hope we keep seeing games like this.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 oflow

@davillain-: no release date yet but I think I saw something at e3 that said spring 2016.

I know Cuphead got pushed back to 2016, they say Below might come out by the end of this year. Didn't hear anything on Inside.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaVillain  Moderator

@oflow: Oh dear, I didn't know Cuphead got push back as well. It's one of the indie games I'm interested playing it on Xbox One. Oh well, I can always wait.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By oflow

@davillain-: yeah that was actually the biggest disappointment for me at e3. They showed a bunch of new footage then said it won't be out til spring 2016.

Hopefully Gamescom shows some actual gameplay footage from Phantom Dust, Crackdown and/or Scalebound. I have a feeling that MS is actually trying to franchise these titles though so they will pull a Sony and release one like every two years. crackdown will probably be last since it's the most ambitious using the cloud and total destructible environments etc they probably will wait til windows10 has been out for a while to really get the most out of it.

The good thing is X1 doesn't have a shortage of games between now and the end of the year.

Right now I'm splitting time between Smite, Elite Dangerous and Elder Scrolls Online with Fable Legends beta on the weekend. But we will get the Gigantic beta and the Gears collection in August, then Halo 5 and Rise of the Tomb Raider in the fall, plus a couple of other indies thrown in. that's not counting the other multiplats coming out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

@davillain-:Yeah, doesn't seem to be a release date for Ashen yet.

@oflow: I think the next thing on my list will be Rare Replay, in early August. I mean I know it's nothing new, but just getting 30 games for $30, and many of them being pretty memorable hits... I just can't pass up that good of a deal. How long do we have til Fable Legends finally comes out? I will probably give it a shot.

I will most likely get Halo 5 sometime around its launch, but I do wonder if any of those other games will come out this year yet. Part of me is also interested in PVZ2, but I don't know if I should bother yet. I guess it all depends on what kind of mood I'm in. Would like to work on some of the games I already have right now.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By oflow

@Ovirew: oh yeah almost forgot about that that's a great deal