Any original xbox games still playable on live?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cclbiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cclbiah
Member since 2003 • 902 Posts

I probably missed something. But can any original xbox games still be played online?

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

no.

cclbiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 cclbiah

sad.

scottahuch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 scottahuch
Member since 2003 • 1580 Posts

sad.

cclbiah
Indeed... It's annoying considering we pay for the service.
Stevo7991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Stevo7991
Member since 2010 • 1319 Posts

Nope, I know its sad though, thats what I didn't like what microsoft did. But who cares, play the nowaday games.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="cclbiah"]

sad.

scottahuch

Indeed... It's annoying considering we pay for the service.

Yes, that's the whole point

We pay for a service that can keep on evolving, not something that's limited by past generations

ak47bang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 ak47bang
Member since 2010 • 135 Posts

I still have my green Halo limited edition Xbox hooked up in the spare room that is useless because of the Microsoft greed .

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jaysonguy

I still have my green Halo limited edition Xbox hooked up in the spare room that is useless because of the Microsoft greed .

ak47bang

Please explain how improving the service is being greedy

I'd love to hear

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#9 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts
ok i didnt see any overall improvment to xbox live since it launched in 2004

i still see the same service , and with very little much difference , such as espn and such -espn reqiuires a afficilated internet sp

so ya pretty much useless,

and ya greed is all i see from ms , they charge 10 dollars more then they did when it first launch and does nothing much different in fact

all i see is a bunch of useless ad's which in my case cause me to frease and disconnect from xbox live

jmartinez1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jmartinez1983
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts
Wait, you are serious? You don't see it being any different? When Xbox live first launched, all you had was online multiplayer, a friends list and voice chat. Now, its a full on entertainment suite with streaming Netflix, downloadable arcade games and updates, party chat independent of any game, videos, demos, etc. To say Xbox live hasn't changed is to say that cars of today really aren't any different from the Ford Model T of the early 1900s. Sure their basic function is the same, but they have certainly evolved a great deal. As for original Xbox games on Live, as everyone else said, not anymore. However, I know there are 3rd party services out there that still allow online connectivity for old Xbox games. I think one service used to be called Xbox Connect. [QUOTE="mariokart64fan"]ok i didnt see any overall improvment to xbox live since it launched in 2004

i still see the same service , and with very little much difference , such as espn and such -espn reqiuires a afficilated internet sp

and ya greed is all i see from ms , they charge 10 dollars more then they did when it first launch and does nothing much different in fact

all i see is a bunch of useless ad's which in my case cause me to frease and disconnect from xbox live

penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts

ak47bang
i wouldnt say its greed...keeping a service thats only used by a small portion of the live community makes no sense. It makes sense to shut it down thus save money and spare up capacity for the main service
Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#12 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

Nope, I know its sad though, thats what I didn't like what microsoft did. But who cares, play the nowaday games.

Stevo7991

millions of retro gamers would probably laugh atyour phrase 'nowaday games'

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts

ak47bang
Oh lord :roll:
travisstaggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 travisstaggs
Member since 2008 • 10562 Posts

I don't think so.

RedReckoning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 RedReckoning
Member since 2009 • 638 Posts

Counterstrike, for the Xbox. People still play it.

RedReckoning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RedReckoning
Member since 2009 • 638 Posts
[QUOTE="jmartinez1983"]Wait, you are serious? You don't see it being any different? When Xbox live first launched, all you had was online multiplayer, a friends list and voice chat. Now, its a full on entertainment suite with streaming Netflix, downloadable arcade games and updates, party chat independent of any game, videos, demos, etc. To say Xbox live hasn't changed is to say that cars of today really aren't any different from the Ford Model T of the early 1900s. Sure their basic function is the same, but they have certainly evolved a great deal. As for original Xbox games on Live, as everyone else said, not anymore. However, I know there are 3rd party services out there that still allow online connectivity for old Xbox games. I think one service used to be called Xbox Connect. [QUOTE="mariokart64fan"]ok i didnt see any overall improvment to xbox live since it launched in 2004

DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DecadesOfGaming

[QUOTE="jmartinez1983"]Wait, you are serious? You don't see it being any different? When Xbox live first launched, all you had was online multiplayer, a friends list and voice chat. Now, its a full on entertainment suite with streaming Netflix, downloadable arcade games and updates, party chat independent of any game, videos, demos, etc. To say Xbox live hasn't changed is to say that cars of today really aren't any different from the Ford Model T of the early 1900s. Sure their basic function is the same, but they have certainly evolved a great deal. As for original Xbox games on Live, as everyone else said, not anymore. However, I know there are 3rd party services out there that still allow online connectivity for old Xbox games. I think one service used to be called Xbox Connect. [QUOTE="mariokart64fan"]ok i didnt see any overall improvment to xbox live since it launched in 2004

RedReckoning

lol ya like roller skating ?

domot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 domot
Member since 2007 • 44 Posts

A fair amount of people played the original xbox before it closed down

Halo 2, Counter Strike, any more im missing?

ak47bang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 ak47bang
Member since 2010 • 135 Posts

[QUOTE="ak47bang"]

penpusher

i wouldnt say its greed...keeping a service thats only used by a small portion of the live community makes no sense. It makes sense to shut it down thus save money and spare up capacity for the main service

So keep that in mind when they come out with a new system , because the old one will be useless soon.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jaysonguy

[QUOTE="penpusher"][QUOTE="ak47bang"]

ak47bang

So keep that in mind when they come out with a new system , because the old one will be useless soon.

Please explain because so far what you said doesn't apply at all in this case

Blackhawk692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Blackhawk692
Member since 2005 • 1306 Posts

[QUOTE="Stevo7991"]

DecadesOfGaming

real retro gamers laugh at you considering the xbox "retro"

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#22 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

ok i didnt see any overall improvment to xbox live since it launched in 2004

mariokart64fan

Not to seem too picky or anything, but it launched in 2002. MechAssault was considered the best game. In 2003 Crimson Skies was the best game. Need I elaborate for 2004? OK, I will, HALO!!!!!!!!!!! 2.

And it evolved a ton, but there'd be no point in arguing an obvious issue like that.

penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts

[QUOTE="ak47bang"]

[QUOTE="penpusher"] i wouldnt say its greed...keeping a service thats only used by a small portion of the live community makes no sense. It makes sense to shut it down thus save money and spare up capacity for the main serviceJaysonguy

Please explain because so far what you said doesn't apply at all in this case

if you mean ak47bangs comment hes reminding those who may not have figured that next generation the same thing will happen to the current xboxlive infrastructure In which case @ak47bang I'm well aware of that and I probably wont care just as i didnt with the original live
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DecadesOfGaming

[QUOTE="DecadesOfGaming"]

[QUOTE="Stevo7991"]

Blackhawk692

real retro gamers laugh at you considering the xbox "retro"

lol.. like your sence of humour.. hilarious.. next !

SnakeEyesX80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SnakeEyesX80
Member since 2009 • 2181 Posts
The first iteration of XBL was shutdown back in April. A shame too, because I played Counter-Strike online on my 360 all the time. Not a ton of people, but enough to have a decent match. Dammit Valve, we need a new Counter-Strike game for the 360!!! Enough of this "Left 4 Dead" crap. lol
cclbiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 cclbiah

The first iteration of XBL was shutdown back in April. A shame too, because I played Counter-Strike online on my 360 all the time. Not a ton of people, but enough to have a decent match. Dammit Valve, we need a new Counter-Strike game for the 360!!! Enough of this "Left 4 Dead" crap. lolSnakeEyesX80

agreed....

Also i want to play wolfenstein again. :(

The-Longshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#27 The-Longshot
Member since 2006 • 1321 Posts

The first iteration of XBL was shutdown back in April. A shame too, because I played Counter-Strike online on my 360 all the time. Not a ton of people, but enough to have a decent match. Dammit Valve, we need a new Counter-Strike game for the 360!!! Enough of this "Left 4 Dead" crap. lolSnakeEyesX80

I'll 3rd that. I would still play counter strike on the box if we could, and since i have been out of a PC I've been strikeless for much too long. But that is about the only game i miss the old live for.

KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts

[QUOTE="SnakeEyesX80"]The first iteration of XBL was shutdown back in April. A shame too, because I played Counter-Strike online on my 360 all the time. Not a ton of people, but enough to have a decent match. Dammit Valve, we need a new Counter-Strike game for the 360!!! Enough of this "Left 4 Dead" crap. lolThe-Longshot

I'll 3rd that. I would still play counter strike on the box if we could, and since i have been out of a PC I've been strikeless for much too long. But that is about the only game i miss the old live for.

Eh, it would be cool if Valve released CSS for the xbox, but I and probably a lot of CS gamers probably wouldn't touch it, unless the box supported Mouse and keyboard, which they won't. CS isn't exactly a twitch game like the unreal tournament series, but you have to be able to react pretty fast to live in CS.
BaconB1ts123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BaconB1ts123
Member since 2006 • 1294 Posts

I probably missed something. But can any original xbox games still be played online?

cclbiah
ONline - yes, On LIVE - no. Check out XBConnect or xlink kai.