Am i the only one who was disapointed in ODST?

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for scouttrooperbob
scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 scouttrooperbob
Member since 2008 • 2439 Posts

This game has died down alot over the year. I hated paying $60 dollars for just a campaighn with no knew online mode. Fire fight was over after everyone got endure. I think people played it just for recon

Sylarhiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Sylarhiro
Member since 2009 • 93 Posts

What did you really expect from this "Filler" game....its only supposed to tell the story of what happened in the moments before Master Cheif hits the ground in Halo 3, it was more to get people playing the Halo 3 MP again, give people access to the Reach Beta and for Bungie Studios to get another game out there before they finish off their Halo catalogue with Halo:Reach

I knew this game was going to be for the long haul...it was fun to play, storywise although short, a good edition to the Halo story....but its price dropped very quickly since its release over here in the UK

o0MrCheesy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 o0MrCheesy0o
Member since 2009 • 139 Posts

Your not the only one. I don't quite know what I was expecting... But something a bit more than what ODST delivered, if you know what I mean >_>

Avatar image for creeping-deth87
creeping-deth87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#4 creeping-deth87
Member since 2008 • 787 Posts
I wasn't disappointed by it because the campaign was leagues better than the campaign found in Halo 2 or Halo 3. It was a throwback to the first game in the series, bringing back things like med packs, falling damage and no dual wielding. I loved it. It was short, no argument there, but it was a hell of a ride and I loved it. I really wish they had included a proper online multiplayer mode for it though. Playing as ODSTs online would have been great fun. Certainly better than Firefight, which was great at first but got boring really quickly.
o0MrCheesy0o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 o0MrCheesy0o
Member since 2009 • 139 Posts

I wasn't disappointed by it because the campaign was leagues better than the campaign found in Halo 2 or Halo 3. It was a throwback to the first game in the series, bringing back things like med packs, falling damage and no dual wielding. I loved it. It was short, no argument there, but it was a hell of a ride and I loved it. I really wish they had included a proper online multiplayer mode for it though. Playing as ODSTs online would have been great fun. Certainly better than Firefight, which was great at first but got boring really quickly.creeping-deth87

I really don't see how the campaing was better than halo 2's. Sure ODST brought back classic Halo: CE elemnts but I just found the campaign to be rather... dull and boring :/

IMO, it's better than Halo 3's campaing but not as good as CE's or Halo 2's.

redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

This game has died down alot over the year. I hated paying $60 dollars for just a campaighn with no knew online mode. Fire fight was over after everyone got endure. I think people played it just for recon

scouttrooperbob
it was only basically an expansion to make people play halo again
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
negative, i too was dissappointed, hopefully reach makes up for it
NoDzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 NoDzombie
Member since 2009 • 1483 Posts

i was really disapointed, not quite sure what i actually expected from it, but it was certainly more than it delivered anyway

XXGamerfanXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 XXGamerfanXX
Member since 2009 • 1066 Posts
It was fun for the first month, since all my friends help me get the Vidmasters, which I got them all, and It was hella fun to play the Campaign, or Firefight, with my friends. Oh, and me and my friends were so excited for the Reach beta, which was worth the expectations, so yeah. However, since all my friends don't play this game anymore, It's boring as crap to play, and It's repetitive now. I only kept it mainly for the Halo 3 multiplayer disk, since my first copy broke. If It wasn't for that, I woulda sold that game the same day the Reach beta was over. Good game to play with friends or family, but after you beat the Campaign, and get all the Vidmasters. It's pretty much pointless to play. However, I'll end up playing it every once in awhile.
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

well i mean what did you expect. I hate when people act like ODST was supposed to be the next big entry in the halo series. Nobody ever said that. It was more like a Halo 3 expansion pack than anything else. It was advertised as such too so i don't understand were the disappointment comes from. My advice look into a game before buying it based off the name alone.

Avatar image for SteveTabernacle
SteveTabernacle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 SteveTabernacle
Member since 2010 • 2584 Posts
What exactly would lead you to believe you are "the only one"? Could you please explain that to me? Because I really get the feeling all you guys who use that thread title already know it's not true before you submit the thread, so why use it? You're not the only one, no. You never have been, and non of us ever will be. I'm not sure why you would think otherwise. No game is ever going to please everyone. Ever.
Kuruption84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Kuruption84
Member since 2003 • 5354 Posts
Well, since I knew what to expect before making the purchase and the fact that I'm really not a fan of Halo's multiplayer, I enjoyed ODST.
Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Witchsight
Member since 2004 • 12145 Posts
I somehow couldnt get through the single player campaign. I hear people saying it was short, but to me it was terribly long and tedious. Everytime they put me in the city i got lost for 30 mins, then backtracked and eventually made it to 3 of the "flashbacks"... then i just returned the game. No thanks.
TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

I somehow couldnt get through the single player campaign. I hear people saying it was short, but to me it was terribly long and tedious. Everytime they put me in the city i got lost for 30 mins, then backtracked and eventually made it to 3 of the "flashbacks"... then i just returned the game. No thanks.Witchsight

Yeah spending 30 minutes looking for a module thingy was really lame. I was really hoping to see more action in this game.

Avatar image for scouttrooperbob
scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#15 scouttrooperbob
Member since 2008 • 2439 Posts

[QUOTE="Witchsight"]I somehow couldnt get through the single player campaign. I hear people saying it was short, but to me it was terribly long and tedious. Everytime they put me in the city i got lost for 30 mins, then backtracked and eventually made it to 3 of the "flashbacks"... then i just returned the game. No thanks.TheHighWind

Yeah spending 30 minutes looking for a module thingy was really lame. I was really hoping to see more action in this game.

I hated searching the city. Didn't the ricky have some sort of emergency communication thing to get in contact. I know he had to have a mic. the music was boring too

bigpapi342007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bigpapi342007
Member since 2007 • 246 Posts
nope your not the only one , i thought it sucked
Avatar image for TheRaiderNation
TheRaiderNation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheRaiderNation
Member since 2007 • 1653 Posts

Def not the only one. The flashback missons were fun, but I really hated walking around for what seemed like forever to find the modules.

No one has mentioned this yet, but I really didn't care for the night time setting when searching for the modules. It has cool the first 15 minutes having to use night vision, but i really disliked having to rely on that the enitre time I was searching for modules. Why even bother allowing you to switch between night vision and normal vision when searching for the modules. It was very rare I didn't use night vision.

SomeGuyInLA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SomeGuyInLA
Member since 2009 • 522 Posts

ODST sucked, they charged $60 for a 5 hour campaign and firefight. Firefight was fun and the campaign was boring.

MazehcS0ul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 MazehcS0ul
Member since 2009 • 1773 Posts

Well your not the only one.

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

I never really liked Halo for its campaign - I bought it mostly for the maps that I never bought and was plesantly surprised by a good campaign. I thought H3 campaign was terrible.

Anti-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Anti-Venom
Member since 2008 • 5646 Posts
I got it for 20 bucks, worth the purchase considering what I paid for it.
dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#22 dovberg
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

In comparison to other Halo games it is kind of lame but compared to virtually anything else it's a pretty fun game and I wouldn't think twice about pickinmixed fealings becaus have very e all the dark boring portions of the levels are painful to go through in the campaign but then it will have some extremely fun levels between these that made the game worth while for me. I think it has some of the most fun levels in any halo but also some of the worst. The online wasn't worth too much to me because it really didn't add too much new content.

WarjackPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#23 WarjackPrime
Member since 2008 • 40 Posts

I am trying it now and I am not really enjoying it. I couldn't get into Halo 3 and this one just is sub par compared to the PS3 exclusive shooters or the good multi platorm shooters like Dead Space and FEAR 2. These graphics are last gen. I'm just bored with it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
Member since 2007 • 11536 Posts

i didnt like it :P

but i got it for 20 bucks and traded it in for 25 bucks :lol:

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#25 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

people need remember odst was a exspanision by bungie but microsoft decided release it a full game. bungie said this. it was ment to be a dlc

anyways

the game was fun a new stvle of halo gameplay. the differcent take on the campaign. great side story. firefight was fun just to bad no matchmaking for it sadly.

no matchmaking was it only downfall for me.

sadly i still think it was better then half the games out there and that sad as most games take 2 years or so now days while odst took little less then a year

TheMightyHoov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TheMightyHoov
Member since 2009 • 2459 Posts

The game was a fan service.

Besides you area little late to the party, and this is more blog worthy.

Cloud567kar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Cloud567kar
Member since 2007 • 2656 Posts

Maybe you should of done some research and not just blindly buy a game. ODST was made by 11 people in 11 months. It was made for people who really love halo. I dont know why everyone always complain about it.

Kezman118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Kezman118
Member since 2007 • 585 Posts

You do realize that ODST was just a "expansion" to say the least, which Bungie had said in the beginning it wasnt going to be charged full price. But Microsoft controls PR and marketing side of its exclusives, so they just went ahead and charged it as if it was a full price game. Aside from that this was a pretty decent stepping stone to experiment on things like firefight and different campaign tone, and IMO its a pretty good job coming from a small team of the entire Bungie staff.

bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
I quite enjoyed the campaign, and Firefight can be a lot of fun.
dedumdedoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dedumdedoo
Member since 2008 • 120 Posts

You do realize that ODST was just a "expansion" to say the least, which Bungie had said in the beginning it wasnt going to be charged full price. But Microsoft controls PR and marketing side of its exclusives, so they just went ahead and charged it as if it was a full price game. Aside from that this was a pretty decent stepping stone to experiment on things like firefight and different campaign tone, and IMO its a pretty good job coming from a small team of the entire Bungie staff.

Kezman118
If Bungie truly wanted to take action of the pricing, they could have done so...
Gundamforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Gundamforce
Member since 2005 • 1222 Posts

Kezman118

What he said. The game was meant to be more for the Halo die hard, mainly as a taste for what Bungie was planning on doing for Reach. If you gave it the same expectations as the Main 3 Halos and Reach, yeah disappointment is to be expected, although nowadays the price is low. I got a discount for it at launch because i wanted all the DLC maps and all and the game was pretty enjoyable. And yeah the open sandbox was a bit boring considering that it was basically a ghost town, but it's unlikely you'll see it in Reach...then again it's a bit unknown how you will navigate through a glassed planet and all.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#32 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

I am trying it now and I am not really enjoying it. I couldn't get into Halo 3 and this one just is sub par compared to the PS3 exclusive shooters or the good multi platorm shooters like Dead Space and FEAR 2. These graphics are last gen. I'm just bored with it.

WarjackPrime
thread is almost 3 months old...
killev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 killev
Member since 2010 • 657 Posts

i liked it because i never played halo 3

uberpunage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 uberpunage101
Member since 2009 • 436 Posts

scouttrooperbob

Wait, you payed $60 for it? It was well worth the $18 for me.

wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#35 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts
Alot of people were disappointed in the game, your not the only one, personally I thought the game was great, not up there with the other games but solid overall.
chrizman800

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 chrizman800
Member since 2009 • 59 Posts
i didnt find it very good either it should of had its own online that would of made it better instead of only firefight which isnt that good at all
Coded12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Coded12
Member since 2007 • 323 Posts

I didn't have great expectations of it in the first place tbh, knew it was going to be a money grabber though!

The achievements helped me through :?

xx360shotsxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 xx360shotsxx
Member since 2010 • 155 Posts

yeah ODST was a major FLOP but it's ok cuz reach is being released in a few weeks

WarjackPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#39 WarjackPrime
Member since 2008 • 40 Posts

[QUOTE="WarjackPrime"]

chaoscougar1

thread is almost 3 months old...

I didn't think 3 months was too old to revive. I don't know. What's too old?

As I stated I just tried it. I didn't try it 3 months ago. Should I have created a new thread so people could groan about another ODST thread? Meh. My point was I don't get all the hype. There are better shooters out there, at least for the campaign. That's probably where Halo excels--online play.

Avatar image for SoftAsBaboonAss
SoftAsBaboonAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SoftAsBaboonAss
Member since 2007 • 565 Posts

Yes.

Avatar image for ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
Member since 2007 • 1987 Posts

When halo 3 came out i was really pumped i went to the midnight release party and everything. So the moment halo ODST came out i went and picked it up without thinking.

I got the game home and started throught he campaign which was decent but didnt have master chief or any 1 moment that stuck out in my mind as awesome at all.

They didnt have ANY multiplayer they pretty much just used a halo 3 multiplayer disk which i felt was a rip off since i already had halo 3. And firefight had no matchmaking, WTF?

Needless to say i was highly disappointed with the game... I hope halo reach knocks my socks off cuz my expectations are much lower this time around.

SpArKs424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SpArKs424
Member since 2010 • 2203 Posts

What did you really expect from this "Filler" game....its only supposed to tell the story of what happened in the moments before Master Cheif hits the ground in Halo 3, it was more to get people playing the Halo 3 MP again, give people access to the Reach Beta and for Bungie Studios to get another game out there before they finish off their Halo catalogue with Halo:Reach

I knew this game was going to be for the long haul...it was fun to play, storywise although short, a good edition to the Halo story....but its price dropped very quickly since its release over here in the UK

Sylarhiro

I agree game was Great people Who bought it without looking into what it was is your fault , you should only be dissapointed for not reading and doing your research wasnt suppost to be the next halo game , just as he stated a filler until reach was done .

SpArKs424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SpArKs424

When halo 3 came out i was really pumped i went to the midnight release party and everything. So the moment halo ODST came out i went and picked it up without thinking.

I got the game home and started throught he campaign which was decent but didnt have master chief or any 1 moment that stuck out in my mind as awesome at all.

They didnt have ANY multiplayer they pretty much just used a halo 3 multiplayer disk which i felt was a rip off since i already had halo 3. And firefight had no matchmaking, WTF?

Needless to say i was highly disappointed with the game... I hope halo reach knocks my socks off cuz my expectations are much lower this time around.

ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

what about that cut scene with the Brute chieftainwhen he hit romeo with the hammer and the ODST 's jump on him stabbing him i thought that was pure awesome story reminds me of a Quintin Tarantino movie split to see everyones side of the story .

ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

[QUOTE="Sylarhiro"]

SpArKs424

I agree game was Great people Who bought it without looking into what it was is your fault , you should only be dissapointed for not reading and doing your research wasnt suppost to be the next halo game , just as he stated a filler until reach was done .

yeah, halo 1 great, halo 2 great, halo 3 superb, halo ODST fail. how the hell were we supposed to know? They made nothing but great games we totally shouldnt have put faith in the developer that the game would be awesome. It is easy to say that now but back when the game first came out you couldnt say the same thing.

SpArKs424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SpArKs424

[QUOTE="SpArKs424"]

[QUOTE="Sylarhiro"]

ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

yeah, halo 1 great, halo 2 great, halo 3 superb, halo ODST fail. how the hell were we supposed to know? They made nothing but great games we totally shouldnt have put faith in the developer that the game would be awesome. It is easy to say that now but back when the game first came out you couldnt say the same thing.

HAHA they said numerous times its a short expansion with the halo 3 Multiplayer , I understood what they were say was pleased with the campaign and Happy to get the remainder maps i needed . sorry for everyone else who felt let down but should of looked into it more instead of compulsive buying .

SpArKs424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SpArKs424

[QUOTE="ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ"]

[QUOTE="SpArKs424"]I agree game was Great people Who bought it without looking into what it was is your fault , you should only be dissapointed for not reading and doing your research wasnt suppost to be the next halo game , just as he stated a filler until reach was done .

SpArKs424

HAHA they said numerous times its a short expansion with the halo 3 Multiplayer , I understood what they were say was pleased with the campaign and Happy to get the remainder maps i needed . sorry for everyone else who felt let down but should of looked into it more instead of compulsive buying .

I mean it said " Halo 3 " in the title wasnt that enough indication it wasn't a new game haha FAIL

ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

[QUOTE="SpArKs424"]I agree game was Great people Who bought it without looking into what it was is your fault , you should only be dissapointed for not reading and doing your research wasnt suppost to be the next halo game , just as he stated a filler until reach was done .

SpArKs424

Its not considered compulsive buying when you like a gaming universe the question was were you disappointed with the game and the answer is yes. The game flopped big time.

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

I liked Halo 3's campaign way more, but I kept it for firefight which delivered in my opinion.

SpArKs424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SpArKs424

[QUOTE="SpArKs424"]

ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Its not considered compulsive buying when you like a gaming universe the question was were you disappointed with the game and the answer is yes. The game flopped big time.

In your opinion i , personally was not disappointed .

SpArKs424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SpArKs424

[QUOTE="SpArKs424"]HAHA they said numerous times its a short expansion with the halo 3 Multiplayer , I understood what they were say was pleased with the campaign and Happy to get the remainder maps i needed . sorry for everyone else who felt let down but should of looked into it more instead of compulsive buying .

SpArKs424

In your opinion i , personally was not disappointed .

One more thing in the end we can all agree to disagree Halo : Reach Will make up for it , for those who felt let down . and Bungie sated on their Forums that they wanted the Expansion to be sold at 30 bucks but microsoft pushed for 60 so MS is to blame in the end .