Am I one of the only people still playing Borderlands instead of MW2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DCUltrapro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 DCUltrapro
Member since 2009 • 568 Posts

Hey gang, I kinda missed the craziness with MW2, I couldn't get it as it was on my xmas list and moved into a flat and so didn't have network for a month or so, I am still playing Borderlands online with a mate to death and so far really haven't gotten into MW2 yet, anyone else still loving Borderlands or am I classed as odd now? lol

I am trying to finish New Haven, am currently on "Find Tannis" and haven't got the chievo for Made in New Haven or whichever one it is that means I finished all the missions. Will I get it when I get to the vault or has my game glitched? thanks

Pro

doll94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 doll94
Member since 2008 • 1559 Posts
Borderlands is a much better game if you ask me. i couldnt be bothered with MW2 either.
heidious_heid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 heidious_heid
Member since 2009 • 116 Posts
I still haven't bought MW2 yet. I just don't buy into the whole hype about it. Given the choice I'd much rather go for Borderlands if I'm honest.
Chopmo81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Chopmo81
Member since 2007 • 402 Posts

I've started to play Borderlands again, I love this game.

Avatar image for The_Big_Reviews
The_Big_Reviews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 The_Big_Reviews
Member since 2010 • 29 Posts
Borderlands is cool, I loved that game. Got it, and the Zombie DLC, but for some reason I lost interest then and quit. It's a shame, it was really good :/
DCUltrapro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DCUltrapro

Cool, I'm glad I'm not the only one, but its not because I don't like or otherwise won't play MW2, I wanted it for ages and ages but couldn't get it, and now I'm kinda hooked on Borderlands lol. Its such an awesome game, I love the weapon variation and the thrill of discovering new locations and the resident enemies too. I currently have an awesome Shotgun thats got a massive 3.9x zoom, +140% damage, +100 accuracy, its basically almost as accurate at distances as a sniper! And the fact I'm a soldier means when I get a kill with my machine gun my skills kick in and my fire rate and reload rate suddenly double!! The gun fires like the clappers and my class mod means I have 25% increased clip size so it fires 76 bullets before a clip runs out! The only thing I feel they couldve worked harder on was the story, its pretty much non existant, because its all a case of reading mission instructions and being told to go to various places, but other than that I love it! I got the Zombie DLC but haven't started on it yet, can't wait

pro

oUndauntedo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 oUndauntedo
Member since 2009 • 84 Posts

Borderlands and MW2 aren't the only two games that exist, you know? I've been playing MW2, TF2, and L4D2 on and off for a few days now.

DCUltrapro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DCUltrapro

Obviously, I was just discussing my own particular situation my friend. I moved out of my parents home on the 22nd of Dec and have only just got the net back, I didn't get MW2 until xmas day and haven't really gotten into it yet as me and my regular online mate are still totally hooked on Borderlands.

I have also been playing Quake 4 again, I never got into it when it came out but am really enjoying the campaign now. I also have Transformers 2 and a bunch of others I want to get on with but now I'm living with my girlfriend its probably never going to happen lol

Pro

Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Wakanoid
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

I play borderlands still.. well Until I lost my my shield and mod cause of a glitch, I had the best soldier support mod and one of the best shields.. ,

dam glitch, Haven't played it since,

miless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 miless
Member since 2005 • 715 Posts

Yes you are.

albatrossdrums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 albatrossdrums
Member since 2008 • 1178 Posts

Absolutely not! All you have to do is check the game lobby - there are a ton of people still playing. The only thing that is a bit annoying is that virtually everyone has the cash/shield or cash/health money thing and to me that has made dueling a waste of time. It's more "who charged their shield higher" than anything to do with skill or weapons at this point so I don't duel anymore. That still won't stop some tards from running around any given game repeatedly hitting everyone or firing their rocket/granade stream weapons to lag the game.

x2926014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 x2926014
Member since 2006 • 1372 Posts

Hey gang, I kinda missed the craziness with MW2, I couldn't get it as it was on my xmas list and moved into a flat and so didn't have network for a month or so, I am still playing Borderlands online with a mate to death and so far really haven't gotten into MW2 yet, anyone else still loving Borderlands or am I classed as odd now? lol

I am trying to finish New Haven, am currently on "Find Tannis" and haven't got the chievo for Made in New Haven or whichever one it is that means I finished all the missions. Will I get it when I get to the vault or has my game glitched? thanks

Pro

DCUltrapro
Nope i think borderlands is WAY better then mw2
Wakanoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Wakanoid
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

Yes you are.

miless
the rest of the post obviously proves hes not.
CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#14 CodingGenius
Member since 2004 • 8118 Posts
MW2's realism doesn't appeal to me. I'm playing Saboteur still, but will eventually go back to Borderlands.
BilliePopK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 BilliePopK
Member since 2006 • 194 Posts

I chose to get Borderlands instead. It appealed to me more. But I'm not completely shutting off MW2, I'll get it eventually. Just not now.

FadeToBlack90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FadeToBlack90
Member since 2008 • 498 Posts

Although I do enjoy MW2, I have put much, much more time into Borderlands.

jad206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jad206
Member since 2009 • 1821 Posts

There are other games then Borderlands o_O?

StudySession

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 StudySession
Member since 2009 • 1539 Posts

Picked up borderlands last week and me and a friend have been playing through it. Have not played MW2 for a while now.

YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 YoungSinatra25
Member since 2009 • 4314 Posts
Borderlands was cool but not my cup of tea. Cant dig an RPG with no in game narrative, plus no real interactions with NPCs. The world didn't captivate me. L4D2 is my co-op of choice and Fallout3 for FPS RPG. (plus i didnt like all the frame tearing) As for the MW2 debate its probably cause your not a competitive MP guy and like co-op more. Name a FPS with good MP and i'll play it. (and probably have) I'm a FPS MP addict. I personally like shooting my friends more then playing with them.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Well of course you aren't.. As for me I'm playing MW2 but I haven't stopped playing Borderlands for good or anything.

DCUltrapro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DCUltrapro

Borderlands was cool but not my cup of tea. Cant dig an RPG with no in game narrative, plus no real interactions with NPCs. The world didn't captivate me. L4D2 is my co-op of choice and Fallout3 for FPS RPG. (plus i didnt like all the frame tearing) As for the MW2 debate its probably cause your not a competitive MP guy and like co-op more. Name a FPS with good MP and i'll play it. (and probably have) I'm a FPS MP addict. I personally like shooting my friends more then playing with them.YoungSinatra25

I guess you pretty much summed it up for me right there, I do enjoy a bit of MP on some shooting games but its the co-op campaigns that grab me, like RE5, GOW1/2, online RPGs and others etc. I really wanna get into MW2 cos I played up to (spoiler) the mission where you kill russians in the airport with the terrorists and am loving it so far, just haven't gotten back into the competitive mp yet. I think the only competitive fps I got into was Halo 3 online, I love the Halo Campaigns too. Anyway hopefully I will be getting more borderlands done tonight, cant wait!

Pro

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
i love borderlands i beat it on 33 hours and level 37 huge game but some times little repretive
DCUltrapro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DCUltrapro

I'm pretty close to beating it personally but am trying to build up my level so I'm as close to 40 as I can be. when you play through a second time is there anything significantly different about it other than the fact that you have all your skills and weapons etc? Do enemies become more of a challenge?? Just wondering. Thanks

Pro

MCDogDoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MCDogDoo
Member since 2009 • 180 Posts

You're not a huge wierdo. I'm just guessing that you prefer the co-op aspect. I much prefer MW2, but only because it has great competitive online MP. I thought Borderlands was a much cooler game at first, but I kinda got bored with it. If Borderlands had team-based competitive MP, I would probably still be playing it over MW2.

Avatar image for deadly_shuriken
deadly_shuriken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deadly_shuriken
Member since 2009 • 1086 Posts
Borderlands > MW2 Its alot more fun....people take MW2 wayyyy too seriously....
Urban_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Urban_Flow
Member since 2009 • 721 Posts

Pro

DCUltrapro

I think Theres A hidden mission or something cuz i still don't have that acheivement..im on my second playthrough...I heard that playthrough 3 has you starting with lvl 50 enemies and above.

DCUltrapro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DCUltrapro

cool, so what about when you start a second play through, what differences are there? I assume the enemies get harder and what not, do you keep your challenge progress? I still have about 40 challenges to complete!!

Pro

50indahouse666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 50indahouse666
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Im Playing borderland Right Now :D
Strap_happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Strap_happy
Member since 2005 • 682 Posts
If anyone ever wants a game of Borderlands, im always on it at the moment. My Gamer tag is Mikey G85, im only a level 20 soldier and I find it difficult to find someone who is of a similar level to me.
quijeros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 quijeros
Member since 2008 • 1728 Posts

cool, so what about when you start a second play through, what differences are there? I assume the enemies get harder and what not, do you keep your challenge progress? I still have about 40 challenges to complete!!

Pro

DCUltrapro

The enemy levels increase to accommodate your current level, and items in chests and vendors also get better accordingly. Pretty much everything about your character gets carried over, including your challenges. Otherwise, it's the same game from start to finish.

Cryptiic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Cryptiic
Member since 2009 • 208 Posts
I liked both but Borderlands was GOTY in my opinion.
spue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 spue
Member since 2006 • 473 Posts

borderlands is awsome