Alright, 360 warranty question, lol This is getting old.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AlexDemise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AlexDemise
Member since 2007 • 206 Posts

I have a question reguarding the warranty of my xbox360. I purchased an xbox360 (I live in the US) on it's release date. To my understanding, it comes with a one year (12 month) warranty, unless the problem is associated with the 3 red lights, which is covered for 3 years.
Less than a week before my ONE year warranty expired, I renewed my warranty with Microsoft for an additional 2 years. I paid for this renewal. Recently, my xbox360 began scratching game discs, and shortly after that, would not read ANY kind of disc whatsoever.
I called 18004myxbox so I could have my console repaired. The representative informed me that my warranty had expired at the end of July, and that I would have to pay for any repair. (unless it's associated with the 3 red lights, I'm assuming.)
If I bought my console on the release day, and iit came with a 1 year warranty, and then I renewed that warranty for an additional 2 years before the 1st year was over... wouldn't that mean I would have a 3 year warranty (or 36 month) from Microsoft? If that is the case, and if I bought my console on 11/05, then that would mean my warranty ISN'T expired, and is still in effect until 11/08, correct??

AlexDemise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 AlexDemise
Member since 2007 • 206 Posts
Come on guys, please help me out. I'm almost certain I'm right about this. I mean, it only makes sense. I just want another opinion to make sure.
JJS08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JJS08
Member since 2005 • 53 Posts
Yeah, you should have some time left on it if you put an additional two years on when the first year expired.
grayoldwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 grayoldwolf
Member since 2005 • 2274 Posts

I'm in the same situation as you. I bought mine almost at launch (January 2006), and I bought the MS extended warranty in April 2006. At the time I bought it, I was told that I was covered until July 2008. I bought it when I did because my original 90 day warranty (which is all the launch consoles originally came with) was about to expire and the RROD problem was really getting bad. I asked why it was July 2008 and not April 2009, and the rep told me that it was because the 90 day warranty had been extended to six months and she was adding the 2 year extended warranty onto the end of that.

Given all of these considerations, MS added my 2 year warranty onto the end of the standard warranty, which they had extended to six months. The way I see it, they have now extended that standard warranty to one year, so I should be covered until January 2009. Using the same logic, you should be covered until November 2008.

Call customer support, if you aren't getting anywhere stay calm and polite and ask to speak to a supervisor. Explain your situation patiently and you should get this resolved. Keep trying, I think you are right. PM me to let me know how this turns out, because obviously we are in the same boat here.