Action Game of the Year 2012: FC3 vs Halo4 vs ACIII vs DisH vs Blands2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts
2012 was a year that's hard to contest for game of the year. There were a lot of great games, but never a single game that stood out from the greats. I didn't have room for XCOM so I decided to make it just action. There were other candidates as well that unfortunately couldn't make it because of the poll limit. Dishonored - very good stealth game, a new series which is good for gaming, but in the end, no matter how much it gets right, it still doesn't have the same appeal as the others Halo 4 - Good game in its own right, but not nearly as influential as the previous halo games. Even with its innovations, it's still a bit safe. Borderlands 2 - The gameplay is the same but it refines every single aspect of the original. I love this game. I still have to play FC3 and ACIII but they look nice.
shairoo11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 shairoo11
Member since 2007 • 196 Posts

The only games I haven't played from the list is Dishonered and Borderlands. As a AC and Halo diehard fanboy, FC3 gets my vote. It was something unique and fun. Completely was unexcepted although it was very promissing at E3 2012.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Far Cry 3.

Dishonored was good and so was Borderlands 2, but Far Cry 3 was better. 

AC3 and Halo 4 were both complete garbage. 

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts
Yep, it was a slow year for games in 2012. Plus the only game I played in 2012 was President Evil 6. I guess if I had to choose one from the list it would be Halo 4 (damn I love splitscreen).
StarWolf84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 StarWolf84
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Farcry 3 was deliciously frustrating and has my vote... I mean the first time I was battling pirates or privateers to be ambush killed by a tiger was a jaw dropping moment! It's crazy how fast a simple straight forward infiltration can complicate. Also recurve was a great weapon with really satisfying kills.

I also love Halo 4

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

FC3

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts
not sure what all the FC3 hype is about.... the game was good but not THAT amazing. the story was complete garbage. world was awesome though. for me, if i had to stick with this list ONLY, it would probably have to be Halo 4....because it was a better halo than any of the bungie games, and it got me interested in Halo again after having written off the series after Halo 2. the story was leagues better than anything in the previous games, but still not amazing. gameplay, i felt, was the best in the series.
narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

I liked BL2 a lot and it gets my vote. Far Cry 3 a close second.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

not sure what all the FC3 hype is about.... the game was good but not THAT amazing. the story was complete garbage. world was awesome though. for me, if i had to stick with this list ONLY, it would probably have to be Halo 4....because it was a better halo than any of the bungie games, and it got me interested in Halo again after having written off the series after Halo 2. the story was leagues better than anything in the previous games, but still not amazing. gameplay, i felt, was the best in the series.Geminon

Far Cry 3 for the win.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
HALO 4