achievements in games are getting easier and easier over the years

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SEANSEXYUNDIES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#1 SEANSEXYUNDIES
Member since 2008 • 1489 Posts

in general they are super easy to get now

for example the old gears of war you had to work to get those achievements

new gears of war you can clear the whole game out for the most part in a weekend

left 4 dead is the same pretty much all easy achievements except for a couple

anyone else agree

i mean now when i clear a game out i don't even feel like i acomplished anything

Godofnerdyness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Godofnerdyness
Member since 2007 • 3248 Posts

Meh, think it all depends on the game.

Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 2

#3 Amnesiac23
Member since 2006 • 8470 Posts
I don't think they've gotten easier. I think there is the same amount of hard and easy achievments now as there were a couple years ago.
shamarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 shamarke
Member since 2004 • 587 Posts

gears 2 the achivement was easy as hell, gears 1 was hard to get "this is annex" for an exampel....

SavageM2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 SavageM2
Member since 2005 • 10800 Posts

Some might have gotten easier. I think it is more of a quality over quantity thing. I mean when the launch games came out they had what? 12-15 achievements to get? (if I remember correctly) Maybe they made them a bit harder because there was only a few to get. (might not have thought it would take off like it did) They might be a bit easier or it might too be that you are just getting more, more frequently. So it feels like you are getting so many without much work. This doens't exactly match up with what you said about Gears 1 though. Since it wasn't one of the couple of games that came out first. But maybe those few you don't have in Left 4 Dead are like the "hard" ones in the earlier launch games.

BladedNuiasnce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 BladedNuiasnce
Member since 2009 • 94 Posts
I disagree, older games are easier, nearly every launch title 1000 points in less than 15hrs per game, quick and easy, last year I didnt play a single game that ive been able to achieve 1000 points... I say its getting harder
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
I disagree, older games are easier, nearly every launch title 1000 points in less than 15hrs per game, quick and easy, last year I didnt play a single game that ive been able to achieve 1000 points... I say its getting harderBladedNuiasnce
agreed, pretty much all sports games were a given 1000
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 chaoscougar1

in general they are super easy to get now

for example the old gears of war you had to work to get those achievements

new gears of war you can clear the whole game out for the most part in a weekend

left 4 dead is the same pretty much all easy achievements except for a couple

anyone else agree

i mean now when i clear a game out i don't even feel like i acomplished anything

SEANSEXYUNDIES
left 4 dead? really? untouchables, safety first, stomach upset, stand tall, unbreakable, zombicidal maniac, what are you trying to prove, nothing special...they are all fairly tough
Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

It just depends on the game. Back at launch, there were games hard as hell to complete (PDZ), and there were easy ones to complete (King Kong). It still holds true today, some are easy, some are hard. Just depends on what the developer decides.

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#10 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

Easier, don't think so. If anything they have gotten more interesting.

Murj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 Murj
Member since 2008 • 4557 Posts

I think it really does depend on the game. Don't forget to take into account tha you've been playing for years so naturally you will have gotten better at playing the games too.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 chaoscougar1
although you do get some impossible achievements, where devs thinks its a good idea to include a lot of MP achievements for a game that no body plays online such as NBA Live 07 which required 1000 people to be on at the same time, that took a suprising amount of effort
Fogotmypantz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Fogotmypantz
Member since 2005 • 821 Posts

Meh, think it all depends on the game.

Godofnerdyness

Agreed. RE5 was easy to get all of them.

kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kungfool69
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

5points just for loading soul calibre 4 for the first time..........wtf waste of points

SEANSEXYUNDIES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SEANSEXYUNDIES
okay so maybe i should reword what i said 2006 games had good and hard achievements launch games like king kong were a joke that was an easy thousand and someone mentioned impossible achievements i have an example for that seriously 2.0 ive been playing that game almost every day for atleast a hour and i only have 30,000 kills i couldn't imagine that casual gamer ever getting this achievement also i hate when games throw on a multiplier just to have more achievements good recent example is fear 2 anyone play the multiplayer for that it's poop
Avatar image for a_beautiful_lie
a_beautiful_lie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 a_beautiful_lie
Member since 2003 • 507 Posts

I disagree. There have always been easy and hard game achievements. Back in the day there was Madden 06, or any of the early sports games. Super easy achievements. And even Oblivion had easy achievements, though I think Oblivion's achievements were quite appropriate for the game. While you naturally got them, they did take a concerted effort. And then there were games like FEAR, with ridiculous achievements.

I think the same is true today. We have our easy achievement games, and our ridiculous achievement games like Far Cry 2 and Ninja Gaiden 2. And the sports games, achievements are far harder today than they were in 2006 games.

SEANSEXYUNDIES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SEANSEXYUNDIES
i couldn't possibly say anything about the sports games i dislike sports games i think if you like sports you should just go out and play that game in real life and unfourtantly i could never play the origanal fear maybe i'll pick that up next time i go to gamestop