According to the survey, 50% of the 360 failed

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for sleepisawesome2
sleepisawesome2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#51 sleepisawesome2
Member since 2005 • 1367 Posts

AND they are losing MANY more exclusives such as grand theft auto 4 and devil may cry 4HellRazer360

wow the tc made someone mad because you are making no sense because what does exclusives have to do with hardware breaking but you cant say that ps3s break because ive heard of no ones ps3 breaking and im not a fanboy i only have a 360 and ive went through three

Avatar image for sleepisawesome2
sleepisawesome2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#52 sleepisawesome2
Member since 2005 • 1367 Posts

You know i'm really starting to think most of this ROD hysteria is a bunch of PS fanboys blowing failures way outta proportion. I mean i travel with my 360, back and forth and have never had a problem with mine in over a year. I have 3 friends that have had there longer and no problems. If you love the 360 then you wouldnt have made a post based on some BS pollthat does nothing but give fanboys more a chance to make stuff up. Rant over.Montavious2004

well some ps3 fanboys might do taht but im guessing teh majority of 360 players have had their 360 mess up ive went through three and evryone i know who has a 360 has had it mess up whether it be disc trays messing up or the red rings

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#53 kevy619
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts
[QUOTE="Alpha172"][QUOTE="yzeng"]

I dont know if i look at this correctly, but if you plus option 2,3,4,5 together(9497+3636+3421+4621=21175) and note that there are people who failed twice or more than twice, therefore, the failure rate is est. 50% of the people who brought a 360 failed...wow:o

Sam_Lowery

It's not true because Microsoft itself would have taken action.

They did take action. they just extended the warranty to 3 years. I feel sorry for all the people who had to pay $160 or whatever they used to charge to fix a console that was out of warranty.

they would get the money back...

krn_jpn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54 krn_jpn
Member since 2005 • 93 Posts
Well anyways, whether you like it not the xbox360does havea bigger failure rate compared to the other consoles. But the failure rateis blown out of proportion by annoyed owners.
steelrs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 steelrs
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
I Bought 1 and within 2 months it failed .I sent it in to get replaced and the one I got back did not work.It took 6 weeks to get a broken one back. I had to send that one back too.I bought a second one and the second one broke after 9 months, only I bought the replacement warranty at best buy so I would not have to wait another six weeks again.I like the system but am not happy with the quality of the product for the price i paid!
mehoff88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 mehoff88
Member since 2003 • 517 Posts

to RockysCatnipCo: a survey does not need everyone to vote for it, just the ratio.

to Warlock89, am no fan boy of anything, and plus, i love 360,but the ROD just broke my heart.

yzeng

HMMM....11 million 360s sold, 21 thousand failed. Thats REAL close to 50% buddy. Maybe you should actually get the facts straight before starting threads and wasting peoples time. If the ROD broke your heart, then you might want to seek professional help.

RocklandUSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 RocklandUSA
Member since 2007 • 264 Posts

thats not 50% btw

Anyway i didnt vote...on my first xbox. Surveys are never 100% correct and that is only a small number of how many Xbox Consoles?

eggmcmuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#58 eggmcmuff
Member since 2006 • 665 Posts
Facts I hate as an XBOX loyalist: 1. Of the five guys I know who have 360's, only one of them hasn't had the "Red Ring of Death". ...Two have sent them in multiple times. 2. The first thread in this forum is dedicated to bricked 360's and it has almost 3,300 posts. 3. Moore's open letter, offering a three year warranty... right after extending it to a full year, seems desperate in the face of a rumored, rumored, PS3 price drop. Why take a billion dollar bath on hardware and give new buyers 3 full years if the stuff coming off the assembly line today is just fine? Why alienate early adopters and those who've bought store warranties (not that I worry about the latter) have already been through the wringer and sent faulty hardware back several times? Three months ago Sony was getting trashed over general hubris, a botched launch, online capability that didn't compare to XBOX Live and the possibility that Blu-Ray was going to be another Beta-max. Now it seems that Blu-Ray might be here to stay, their weak launch lineup is beginning to fill out and preemptively knocking down the price to within $20 of a Elite (again... A rumor!) might just give them that leg up they desperately needed.
godman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#59 godman89
Member since 2006 • 38 Posts

Well, I just sent my xbox in for the fourth time a couple weeks ago and I am quite angry with that. If this next one breaks down then I don't know what I'll do. I just went out to get a cooling system for it when it comes in and maybe that will change my luck a bit. I also think that if my original xbox hadn't had any problems then it is not the environment and I treat my xbox like a child (non abusive).

cool_baller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 cool_baller
Member since 2003 • 12493 Posts
People who said No, 40%. People who didn't buy one is 27%. 40+27=67%, so that means that 33% failed.
Malvo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Malvo
Member since 2005 • 183 Posts

to RockysCatnipCo: a survey does not need everyone to vote for it, just the ratio.

to Warlock89, am no fan boy of anything, and plus, i love 360,but the ROD just broke my heart.

yzeng

I'm pretty sure a poll on a video game website where people can vote for an option like failing twice even if they didnt own an XBOX is a little ridiculous. It's neither scientific and could by no stretch of the imagination be considered accurate.

gamenux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 gamenux
Member since 2006 • 5308 Posts

Obviously if your 360 has failed, you would've voted on that poll.

It's like the forums, you never see any "my xbox 360 has never failed" threads. All you see is "my 360 failed" which gives the impression that a lot fail. In reality the failure rate is well under half.

--Wolf--

errr, the survey does have an option for people to choose "Nope" which also means "No. My xbox 360 has never failed". Did you even read it?