4 Player Offline Games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Alexi360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Alexi360
Member since 2008 • 95 Posts
Basically a couple of days ago, it was pouring outside, so me and some mates had a few beers with the Xbox. I only have two controllers so we usually just play winner stays on Fight Night, but my mate had brought round 2 controllers, so we had 4 in total, but there were no games that had four player campaigns, my XBox live is playing up, so online wasn't an option. I thought Left 4 Dead would, as it's meant to be a multiplayer game, and there's four characters. The only games were COD & Halo 3, but the 4 player modes on those weren't campaigns, just match type games, so we ended up playing 2v2 Fifa. Are there any non-sport games that support 4 players offline? Cheers
Double0hFor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Double0hFor
Member since 2007 • 394 Posts

no sadly i dont think so.....thats why ive kept my N64, Goldeneye is a GREAT game for 4 players aha

musicXpirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 musicXpirate
Member since 2005 • 3040 Posts

I guess it counts as a sports game but Skate 2 has 4 player and you only need one controller. It's really fun with friends.

Alexi360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Alexi360

I guess it counts as a sports game but Skate 2 has 4 player and you only need one controller. It's really fun with friends.

musicXpirate
yeah, we played that hall of meat for a good half hour
musicXpirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 musicXpirate
Member since 2005 • 3040 Posts
[QUOTE="musicXpirate"]

Alexi360
yeah, we played that hall of meat for a good half hour

Guess I should have looked at your gamercard haha. Have you tried Castle Crashers. It's really fun and only $10.
nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
Castle Crashers, I guess. You'd need to get online to download it though.
DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts
I thought Halo 3's campaign was split screen co-op for up to 4 players, but split screen campaign is limited to two players. Only 4 player co-op campaign through Xbox Live or System Link. You can play multiplayer modes with 4 player split screen, however. It's just really small.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f5404ad8217e
deactivated-5f5404ad8217e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 deactivated-5f5404ad8217e
Member since 2005 • 1637 Posts

castle crashers would be awesome if you had four players start to finish.

ekeko79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ekeko79
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (1 and 2) have 4 players offline co-op modes my xbox came with a free game (kung-fu panda) it has a 4 players mode to play battles and minigames.
dogman7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dogman7
Member since 2003 • 117 Posts

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Dead or Alive 4, and Wii Sports all have offline multiplayer for 4 people. (I know Wii Sports isn't a 360 game, but I wanted to list 3 and couldn't think of another for 360)

_I82much_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 _I82much_
Member since 2009 • 31 Posts
N+ Castle Crashers Geometry Wars Halo3 Online
Alexi360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Alexi360
Cheers, I'll check those games out. Just out of interest is it because the Xbox can't cope with the processing of four players playing simultaneously, or do they just not see a market in it compared to online, because I swear loads of my old Xbox games and PS2 games had four player modes.
ownzone55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ownzone55
Member since 2007 • 557 Posts

Doa4, rock band 1 and 2, conflict desert storm(xbox), fuzion frenzy 2, castle crashers, N+, marvel ultimate alliance, nhl 09, madden 09, perfect dark zero( i think you can play bots), wwe games

I think doa4 is the best game to enjoy with friends and beer. Winner stays or tag team matches.

Double0hFor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Double0hFor

Just out of interest is it because the Xbox can't cope with the processing of four players playing simultaneously, or do they just not see a market in it compared to online, because I swear loads of my old Xbox games and PS2 games had four player modes.Alexi360
online is a HUGE part of the 360, and not so much for the old xbox, i remember i never had live on the old one but now i do, the 360 is more made for live, live came out for the older xbox a while after the system came out even

senjutsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#15 senjutsu
Member since 2005 • 1206 Posts

[QUOTE="Alexi360"]Just out of interest is it because the Xbox can't cope with the processing of four players playing simultaneously, or do they just not see a market in it compared to online, because I swear loads of my old Xbox games and PS2 games had four player modes.Double0hFor

online is a HUGE part of the 360, and not so much for the old xbox, i remember i never had live on the old one but now i do, the 360 is more made for live, live came out for the older xbox a while after the system came out even

Yeah, but playing online is lame compared to playing with friends on the same couch. I don't care killing a nowhere online, it's way better to be challenged by friends what are with you... They should think of this when making games too... I don't care having not so good graphics if we play 4 players split anyway, I just want to PLAY it, lol.
lessthan3james

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 lessthan3james
Member since 2009 • 424 Posts
Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Geometry Wars Evolved is really fun with friends over.
Double0hFor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Double0hFor

[QUOTE="Double0hFor"]

[QUOTE="Alexi360"]Just out of interest is it because the Xbox can't cope with the processing of four players playing simultaneously, or do they just not see a market in it compared to online, because I swear loads of my old Xbox games and PS2 games had four player modes.senjutsu

Yeah, but playing online is lame compared to playing with friends on the same couch. I don't care killing a nowhere online, it's way better to be challenged by friends what are with you... They should think of this when making games too... I don't care having not so good graphics if we play 4 players split anyway, I just want to PLAY it, lol.

o i know, trust me, i still play my N64 with friends just because its so much fun, but times have changed and everyone is now making more online games