360's new update Aug 11th 09 Boycott

This topic is locked from further discussion.

conroybrink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 conroybrink
Member since 2003 • 58 Posts

Please tell me I'm not the only one who feels like MS is trying to pry every nickle out of our hands? What the hell is with the Avatar Market Place,its about as usfull as a bullet to the back of the skull.Actuly a bullet would be more usful at least I wont have to pay for anything anymore. With the onset of the RROD one would think they would put there money into fixing that problem not paying people to design clothes and props for the most useless thing to be created by MS next to Vista. You know the Wii has a avatar and it sucked but at least they didnt tack it on and then tack on a marketplace to make spend cash on fake clothes for your fake little person in a world you can't even walk them around in. People complain about the Home space on the PS3 at least they have the right idea, first of all you aren't forced to have some crappy thing hanging out on your screen on top of that with Home at least you can walk around and meet other people if you do want.There Avatar surves a purpose at least. MS needs to stop tacking on extra expendatures on us. The udates that MS comes out with are so stupid. Help me help us help the gaming community and Boycott this trash they are trying to make us pay for.

Avatar image for rougewarrior198
rougewarrior198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 rougewarrior198
Member since 2006 • 1425 Posts

Its not that great,but you dont have to buy it. I have a PS3 and Home is really stupid, so that is not a great example. Of course MS is trying to get every penny out of us, so is Nintendo, and Sony. They dont care about you or me at all.

Dylan_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dylan_11
Member since 2005 • 11296 Posts
I want everyone to buy the pom poms, OMFG they are so ridiculous its awesome lol
sk8jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sk8jim
Member since 2004 • 1439 Posts
If you play certain games in the future you can earn new avatar clothing that you don't have to pay for.
lman013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lman013
Member since 2007 • 1166 Posts

The whole system really is not that bad of an idea. They are just new and will eventually lower the prices.

Miyuki-Chan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Miyuki-Chan
Member since 2009 • 518 Posts

I spent 800 point's on avatar clothes today, I think they are pretty cool like the Gear's, halo,Stormtrooperoutfit's, the lightsaber's and RC warthog are great aswell, I want my avatar looking as awesome as possible for when Joy Ride is out.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#7 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
I want everyone to buy the pom poms, OMFG they are so ridiculous its awesome lolDylan_11
lmao. I wouldn't spend a penny on a prop lol. but that lightsaber was pretty sweet :D
Avatar image for deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#8 deactivated-5de2fb6a3a711
Member since 2004 • 13995 Posts
that's just business. otherwise, we'd have to boycott so many companies that we'd have to be entirely self-sufficient
Chopmo81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Chopmo81
Member since 2007 • 402 Posts

The whole system really is not that bad of an idea. They are just new and will eventually lower the prices.

lman013

This is Microsoft we're talking about. Microsoft and EA will nickel and dime consumers until people quit paying for this crap.

romans828_2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 romans828_2002
Member since 2003 • 1108 Posts
You have the right not to purchase the products. I won't be. Why do I need to boycott when I have the right not to buy something that I don't want?
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

I spent 800 point's on avatar clothes today, I think they are pretty cool like the Gear's, halo,Stormtrooperoutfit's, the lightsaber's and RC warthog are great aswell, I want my avatar looking as awesome as possible for when Joy Ride is out.

Miyuki-Chan

I take it your a female? just asking because I can see the avatar dress up being popular with young kids and females.

fig56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 fig56
Member since 2005 • 2443 Posts
I thought that the Update automatically downloads when you turn on you Xbox360. If that's true how are you gonna boycott the update? Anyway, you don't have to buy anything if you don't have to. No one is holding a gun to the back of your head or anything.
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts

i clicked on this post with cynical thoughts that it would be about someone whining about something he doesnt like...and i was right :(

Dude if you dont like it just dont use the features. I personally think some of them are just daft and as such I dont intend to use them and i dont intend on telling everyone about it lol

The same goes for money milking, in this instance they can only milk as much money as you give them,,,so the point stands, just dont buy anything

joke_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 joke_man
Member since 2005 • 1177 Posts

HAHAHAHA, internet boycott, hahahahahahaha. Enough said.

mfp16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 mfp16
Member since 2006 • 4551 Posts
if you don't like it... don't buy it... I don't understand the outrage here... no one is forcing you to buy these things. MS needs to make money, they are a business... if this turns a profit it's one more thing that will ensure the xbox brand will survive, seriously what is your problem?
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
boycott haha how stupid a idea, lets not play on xbox live which we have paid for over some avatar stuff thats over priced. who cares. DONT BUY IT!!!!!!!!! i think the new things for avatar are pretty cool but over priced, i wont buy but i think many kids will.
Avatar image for Soulreavercross
Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#18 Soulreavercross
Member since 2003 • 19890 Posts
Here's an idea, maybe microsoft can release a some boycott picket props and charge 400 points for them. Then we can all buy it and boycott together.