360 just not starting up, no red light, nothing

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jake-sf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jake-sf
Member since 2006 • 2923 Posts

I'm sorry, I've looked here and there and in some of the stickies places but I didn't find a thing.

I open the console, the thing seems to start up but you won't even hear it loading the HDD. If there is a disk, it will spin a bit and then stop. Screen remains black.

If I remove the HDD, the exact same thing happens. Unplugging other things, however, would bring the red lights.

The HDD is the problem, I guess. I ALWAYS had that problem and had to close-open my 360 again. After 2 or 3 times, it worked. Now, after 50 times, it still never opens to the menu.

Can anyone help? I don't have much time here and I already searched, so sorry if the answer is already somewhere obvious..

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
The answer is you have to send it to Microsoft for repair. RRoD isn't the only thing that can go wrong with the 360.
Packt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Packt
Member since 2004 • 3380 Posts

If I remove the HDD, the exact same thing happens. Unplugging other things, however, would bring the red lights.

The HDD is the problem, I guess.

jake-sf

If it does the same thing when you remove your HDD than it most likely isn't the HDD that's causing the problem. You did the correct troubleshooting step, but came to the opposite conclusion.

Your best bet is to look through the Xbox 360 online knowledge base. Try what they suggest there. If nothing solves your issues you're looking at a hardware repair. Call Microsoft.

bball_freak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 bball_freak_2
Member since 2006 • 1609 Posts

Try plugging it in.

Just kidding, but just to be sure check if the colour of the light on the powerbrick is orange or green. Also try unplugging everything again to be sure, then call MS.