360 Hooked Up to PC Moniter

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Maverick6575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Maverick6575
Member since 2012 • 230 Posts

I just ordered the 360 VGA cable and I was wondering if anyone here had their 360 hooked up to a PC moniter.

What do you guys think of it?

Was the audio easy to set up?

And can you set up surround sound?

What set up do you have: I have a 17" LCD Moniter and Quad-Speaker Surround Sound

Avatar image for GeneralMufinMan
GeneralMufinMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 GeneralMufinMan
Member since 2013 • 387 Posts
I've done it, not exactly easy to get the audio going, i went with hdmi to the screen and used their old av cable to hook up to a 2.1 speaker or my headphones. If you have audio-out on your monitor and go hdmi to into it, that would probably be the easiest set-up.
Maverick6575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Maverick6575

Nah. My moniter's VGA. I had to buy the AV Audio to 3.5 mm comverter, and the female-female 3.5mm extension to that I can hook up my audio to my surround sound speakers.

When I say surround sound, I'm not talking a legitimate DVD speaker system set up. I mean 4 computer speakers that I rigged up

TTDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#4 TTDog
Member since 2007 • 3545 Posts

Nah. My moniter's VGA. I had to buy the AV Audio to 3.5 mm comverter, and the female-female 3.5mm extension to that I can hook up my audio to my surround sound speakers.

When I say surround sound, I'm not talking a legitimate DVD speaker system set up. I mean 4 computer speakers that I rigged up

Maverick6575

Pretty much what I did... without the coupling I rant the audio cables from one set of old gaming speakers and plugged the new set into the headphone socket of that.

Maverick6575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Maverick6575

[QUOTE="Maverick6575"]

TTDog

Pretty much what I did... without the coupling I rant the audio cables from one set of old gaming speakers and plugged the new set into the headphone socket of that.

That's how I have surround sound. I have some old speakers plugged into my new ones, but my new ones have to plug into 3.5 mm
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts

I just ordered the 360 VGA cable and I was wondering if anyone here had their 360 hooked up to a PC moniter.

What do you guys think of it?

Was the audio easy to set up?

And can you set up surround sound?

What set up do you have: I have a 17" LCD Moniter and Quad-Speaker Surround Sound

Maverick6575
I have done it, it's okay, but HDMI and Componet are better options.
Avatar image for Saedius_Asicion
Saedius_Asicion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Saedius_Asicion
Member since 2013 • 71 Posts

I would bother with a VGA cable really. It's decent with an HDMI cable and some surround sound. A 1080p TV would be the better option really.

Maverick6575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Maverick6575

I would bother with a VGA cable really. It's decent with an HDMI cable and some surround sound. A 1080p TV would be the better option really.

Saedius_Asicion
I''m just doing this because I have a spare monitor that's better than the old SD TV I have my 360 hooked up to now. I'm not about to go drop $500 for an enormous 1080 TV. As for the HDMI, I would if I could. My monitor only has VGA.