WWE No Mercy PPV Discussion and Results Thread

• 153 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

friutpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 friutpunch
Member since 2007 • 1470 Posts

-Triple H Def. Randy Orton For WWE Title 7/10- i found this to be a great match and a good effort form both competitors with a terrible ending. Also really there was no point of this match since orton retains later on

-Mr. Kennedy, Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch def. Jeff Hardy, Paul London & Brian Kendrick 8/10- This was one pretty damn crazy match. a lot of high maneuvers and both teams went all out nuts. also i liked the finish with kennedy but the only thing was that this was just a match out of random and felt like something you would see on raw.

-ECW Champion CM Punk def. Big Daddy V (DQ) 2/10- horrible as i predicted and i knew it was going to end in a DQ. it was way 2 obvious but even though i was expecting a longer and better match, completely terrible.

-WWE Champion Triple H def. Umaga 6/10- There was no real meaning to this match and we all knew who was going to win anyway. not a big whoop if you ask me.

-Finlay vs. Rey Mysterio (No Contest) 7/10- the match was pretty good and definitely did have its moments. And i loved the ending because i was actually dumb enough to think finlay was hurt and when i saw him attack mysterio out of nowhere iw as like holy crap.

-Beth Phoenix def. Candice Michelle (Beth wins Women's Championship)3/10- TNA impacts women match on thursday night was better then these 2 chicks fighting, also i hate beth pheonixes new song, its so lame. the match was terrible and very short. but it did have its moments....not really.

-World Heavyweight Champion Batista def. The Great Khali (Punjabi Prison Match) 5/10- i wanst expecting this match to be that good anyways. When both were fighting it was ok, there wasnt too much hardcore put into this att all. the last punjabi was more brutal and there was fighting outside the first cage, in this match there was completely no fighting between the 1st and 2nd cage. but one tang i have to admit is that i like the ending to this punjabi prison then the last one. it had the viewers at the edge of their seat.

THE MAIN EVENT!

-Randy Orton def. Triple H (Last Man Standing Match; Orton wins WWE Championship) 9/10- This was definitely the best match of the night and really i had no idea who was going to win. Everyone of my friends except me were rooting for HHH while i was rooting for Orton. There was definitely some great action put into this match. Both men fought very hard and kept the crowd entertained and on their feet. From the chair hitting when orton had his head in the middle of the steel steps to the table being broken i totally though HHH had this. Orton kept getting up at 9. I couldnt take the fact that Orton kept getting up at 9. It was killing me! The ending was very surprising because i thought HHH was going to get up, but when the referee waved his hand for the ring of the bell i jumped in total happiness. All my friends loved the match and didnt mind that orton won because he did not back down and was not P****, neither did he win in a pansy way. Great match and i have to give props to HHH as well.

All IN ALL- 5.87/10 No Mercy was not great and i did not enjoy it very much at all. the only match that rose to my expectations was the last match, Also i couldnt believe how much they were pushing HHH and it felt very harsh and way 2 soon. i wouldnt mind HHH winning the belt but at least at Armmagedon or later on. 4 matches felt very unnecessary and some were just complete garbage. This Felt like a letdown and although im very happy orton won i also felt pretty bad for HHH. But either way it was just another PPV that is just going to be remembered for orton and beth winning the title.

Despirano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 Despirano
Member since 2007 • 5800 Posts

[QUOTE="Despirano"]I would have to agree with you Killerband I was sooo looking forward to Jericho's return, besides all of the fans begging for jericho, then even as much as i love Triple H, WWE went too far as to even let him win or even be in the title scene this soon, to me trhis will count as a fluke win, thats just greedy Hunter, you dont have to be apart of everything, if anything Micheals could have won it once when he was fighting john cena, but anyways the whole pay per view revolved around HHH, so i wont say it sucked but it wasnt that good...Congrats Randy!!!!!!!!killerband55

exactly Despirano, HHH was being very greedy last night, and didnt deserve the title that soon, i was happy he lost it to Orton at then end of the night, and him being banged up wouldnt have happened if he stayed in the back and let Val Venis come out for the match (cause the fans on wwe.com voted for him the most)

Dear lord you wanted Val to get a title shot? LOL!!!! well he does deserve one if they'd give him another push like back in 1998

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

-Triple H Def. Randy Orton For WWE Title 7/10- i found this to be a great match and a good effort form both competitors with a terrible ending. Also really there was no point of this match since orton retains later on

-Mr. Kennedy, Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch def. Jeff Hardy, Paul London & Brian Kendrick 8/10- This was one pretty damn crazy match. a lot of high maneuvers and both teams went all out nuts. also i liked the finish with kennedy but the only thing was that this was just a match out of random and felt like something you would see on raw.

-ECW Champion CM Punk def. Big Daddy V (DQ) 2/10- horrible as i predicted and i knew it was going to end in a DQ. it was way 2 obvious but even though i was expecting a longer and better match, completely terrible.

-WWE Champion Triple H def. Umaga 6/10- There was no real meaning to this match and we all knew who was going to win anyway. not a big whoop if you ask me.

-Finlay vs. Rey Mysterio (No Contest) 7/10- the match was pretty good and definitely did have its moments. And i loved the ending because i was actually dumb enough to think finlay was hurt and when i saw him attack mysterio out of nowhere iw as like holy crap.

-Beth Phoenix def. Candice Michelle (Beth wins Women's Championship)3/10- TNA impacts women match on thursday night was better then these 2 chicks fighting, also i hate beth pheonixes new song, its so lame. the match was terrible and very short. but it did have its moments....not really.

-World Heavyweight Champion Batista def. The Great Khali (Punjabi Prison Match) 5/10- i wanst expecting this match to be that good anyways. When both were fighting it was ok, there wasnt too much hardcore put into this att all. the last punjabi was more brutal and there was fighting outside the first cage, in this match there was completely no fighting between the 1st and 2nd cage. but one tang i have to admit is that i like the ending to this punjabi prison then the last one. it had the viewers at the edge of their seat.

THE MAIN EVENT!

-Randy Orton def. Triple H (Last Man Standing Match; Orton wins WWE Championship) 9/10- This was definitely the best match of the night and really i had no idea who was going to win. Everyone of my friends except me were rooting for HHH while i was rooting for Orton. There was definitely some great action put into this match. Both men fought very hard and kept the crowd entertained and on their feet. From the chair hitting when orton had his head in the middle of the steel steps to the table being broken i totally though HHH had this. Orton kept getting up at 9. I couldnt take the fact that Orton kept getting up at 9. It was killing me! The ending was very surprising because i thought HHH was going to get up, but when the referee waved his hand for the ring of the bell i jumped in total happiness. All my friends loved the match and didnt mind that orton won because he did not back down and was not P****, neither did he win in a pansy way. Great match and i have to give props to HHH as well.

All IN ALL- 5.87/10 No Mercy was not great and i did not enjoy it very much at all. the only match that rose to my expectations was the last match, Also i couldnt believe how much they were pushing HHH and it felt very harsh and way 2 soon. i wouldnt mind HHH winning the belt but at least at Armmagedon or later on. 4 matches felt very unnecessary and some were just complete garbage. This Felt like a letdown and although im very happy orton won i also felt pretty bad for HHH. But either way it was just another PPV that is just going to be remembered for orton and beth winning the title.

friutpunch

really good review friutpunch, i do agree with most of what u had to say, i did cheer for Orton in the main event, as for Rey vs Finlay, there was a point where his eyes were open kinda signaling that he was fine, but i guess u missed that, but great review overall