Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Vipersbabe
Member since 2010 • 690 Posts

From Wrestlezone.com..

"The Boston Herald recently did an interview with their hometown hero John Cena and Triple H (as EVP of Talent and Live Events, Paul Levesque), promoting tonight's WWE Night of Champions pay-per-view and Cena's new promotion for breast cancer awareness.

Cena will be wearing his new pink and black ring-gear, with the phrase "Rise Above Cancer" prominently displayed, to the ring for his match against WWE Champion CM Punk later tonight.

For the full interview, including a photo of the new outfit, visit the Boston Herald's official website"

Now here's the thing. I'm all for supporting breat cancer awareness and fighting for it and all, but why Cena? Why does it have to be the guy that most of us hate and will boo all the time and can't stand as a character in wrestling. Yet, now Booing Cena in this new shirt would mean you're booing the fight for Breast Cancer or whatever...Just bothers me that Cena does all these things that Cena Supportes can use against Us Cena Haters when we bash him..

But I will go on record as saying that I do respect Cena, the man behind the character...just can't stand his character on my TV Screen on my WWE wrestling that I like to watch....Anyways what are your thoughs on Cena's newest act of charity?

Avatar image for deactivated-608ba1249f50e
deactivated-608ba1249f50e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-608ba1249f50e
Member since 2012 • 1698 Posts

You do realize Cena the man behind the character is what people dislike more than his character, right? He doesn't actually give a sh*t about any of the charity stuff. His character can be something to look up to, but it's far too easy to see the holes within the real thing.

Also it's Cena representing because Vince loves to make you feel like sh*t for sh*ts and giggles. Vince is lulzy like that. That's part of it anyway, other one is because of his character and because he's the face of the company.

Vipersbabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Vipersbabe

You do realize Cena the man behind the character is what people dislike more than his character, right? He doesn't actually give a sh*t about any of the charity stuff. His character can be something to look up to, but it's far too easy to see the holes within the real thing.

Also it's Cena representing because Vince loves to make you feel like sh*t for sh*ts and giggles. Vince is lulzy like that. That's part of it anyway, other one is because of his character and because he's the face of the company.

BurningAegis

Thats why I said "I" respect the man behind the character. It's hard for me not to. I just wish he'd do his S#it elsewhere and not in wrestling trying to play the goody goody all of the time and suck Bret hard d!ck and so on....but oh well i can pretty much agree with most of what you said

Vipersbabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Vipersbabe

BurningAegis

Thats why I said "I" respect the man behind the character. It's hard for me not to. I just wish he'd do his S#it elsewhere and not in wrestling trying to play the goody goody all of the time and suck Bret hard d!ck and so on....but oh well i can pretty much agree with most of what you said

TGM_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TGM_basic
Member since 2003 • 6299 Posts

You do realize Cena the man behind the character is what people dislike more than his character, right? 

BurningAegis

Um, that's not accurate at all, hence the number of people who are more frustrated at their insistance to keep him face rather than return him to his heel persona. This suggests that people WANT to like him, but they just can't because they hate how his character had been handled. 

And as for his personal life, I've only ever heard of one instance where he acted like a dick, but even then it was fairly minor. What exactly are you basing this on? 

Vipersbabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Vipersbabe
[QUOTE="BurningAegis"]

You do realize Cena the man behind the character is what people dislike more than his character, right?

TGM_basic

Um, that's not accurate at all, hence the number of people who are more frustrated at their insistance to keep him face rather than return him to his heel persona. This suggests that people WANT to like him, but they just can't because they hate how his character had been handled.

And as for his personal life, I've only ever heard of one instance where he acted like a dick, but even then it was fairly minor. What exactly are you basing this on?

Agreed to an extent. Everyone in this world has a bad side. some show theirs more than others. Cena is smart to not show his a55hole side on TV or in the press. but he has one just like us all....I just wish his character wouldnt be as flawless and just so unreal. No One in this world can live like Cena. No One....has that kind of mindset. Maybe they do, but they fail. We all fail, thats why we have that other side to compentsate...Cena doesnt show that side at all...so that would have to make me believe that he shows that side only where there's no cameras and all the while I do believe he's fake as hell to us. I mean I do believe he has a good heart and wants to help people, we do too, but at the same time we live life for us too. We do what it takes to make it even if it means pushing others down. Cena forgets that it is a Dog eat Dog world and you can only smile and turn the other cheek for so long

I'm still pissed at how he lied to the fans about CM Punk and how he lied to the fans about "going away" and how he lied to the fans about his character always being the same from day one and getting respect as such. I know its a storlying but no one seems to bring that up when they're supporting Cena

baltimore088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 baltimore088
Member since 2007 • 16738 Posts

lets rename this "cena fanboys vs cena haters" since we all knew it was coming anyways!

as for vipers question, him because he's vince's golden boy who loves to shove his mandatory charity work down our throat and try to make him look like such a good guy and hard worker, if you're asking why a guy who gets more hate than praise is STILL the face than I can't answer that one

as for fanboys vs haters I won't say anything because I JUST DON'T CARE ANYMORE 

Vipersbabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Vipersbabe

lets rename this "cena fanboys vs cena haters" since we all knew it was coming anyways!

as for vipers question, him because he's vince's golden boy who loves to shove his mandatory charity work down our throat and try to make him look like such a good guy and hard worker, if you're asking why a guy who gets more hate than praise is STILL the face than I can't answer that one

baltimore088

jajaja Mike I missed you baby.

And totally agree 

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts
i'm pretty sure not much ppl care what he wears anymore, and shouldn't this be posted in the NOC's thread?
shoe_crap78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 shoe_crap78
Member since 2008 • 10920 Posts
i'm pretty sure not much ppl care what he wears anymore, and shouldn't this be posted in the NOC's thread?killerband55
It should, and yeah, I really don't care for whatever he wears anymore, because he's always gonna look like a fruity pebble :P
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

[QUOTE="killerband55"]i'm pretty sure not much ppl care what he wears anymore, and shouldn't this be posted in the NOC's thread?shoe_crap78
It should, and yeah, I really don't care for whatever he wears anymore, because he's always gonna look like a fruity pebble :P

yeah true

BatCrazedJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BatCrazedJoker
Member since 2012 • 1611 Posts
I wish that John Cena would just do us a favor by quitting wrestling and to live on a deserted island.
Vipersbabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Vipersbabe

i'm pretty sure not much ppl care what he wears anymore, and shouldn't this be posted in the NOC's thread?killerband55

I figured it was more or less a random thread as I'm sure Cena willl wear the shirt for far longer than Night of Champions but if youI can move it if you'd like 

Avatar image for deactivated-608ba1249f50e
deactivated-608ba1249f50e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-608ba1249f50e
Member since 2012 • 1698 Posts
[QUOTE="BurningAegis"]

TGM_basic

People want to like him, yeah, that counts me as well. But the thing is, that's his character. Obviously he himself isn't really going to change just like that lol, the reason I feel more people probably dislike him as a person is because of how ridiculously phony he can be with his stories and interviews. It's far too clear they're all there to boost his ego. It's not as bad as The Miz, though. I'd like to think that most people realize there isn't really anything John Cena can do about his current character right now anyway. There's no real way to actually prove any of this, though. Just theories at their core.

Theres a rumor going around that John Cena actually wanted to go heel earlier in 2012 but could not because charity foundations would not accept him representing them for whatever reasons. Not to mention he's still making a ton of cash for WWE as a face anyway. But if he cut promos like he did on Monday night all the time I don't think it would really matter at this point. Not that I'm holding my breath for that, but it was his best promo I've seen from him since I stopped watching WWE in 2005.

Never paticularly said he was a dick, though. Don't get me wrong, he probably is, but most wrestlers from the 1990s-mid 2000s are seem to be huge dicks. 

baltimore088

FACT: Baltimore088 is actually John Cena IRL.

[QUOTE="killerband55"]i'm pretty sure not much ppl care what he wears anymore, and shouldn't this be posted in the NOC's thread?shoe_crap78

What was it like working with Baltimore in an Iron Man Match?

FullMetalWWant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18 FullMetalWWant
Member since 2007 • 15766 Posts
Man, things have exploded in here. Look, this is what I believe in this whole mess right now and that is I like John Cena, been a fan of his since he first debut in the WWE cause I knew that he was going far in life and look where he is today. He is on top of his game and I don't think that will change anytime soon. His character on screen, sure, I can deal with it because it's Cena and that's not going to change in this day and age. But I have to say that Cena must be a great guy away from all that because I can see that he cares for people. He's not by any means a dick because I can see in his eyes that he cares for the kids and everything else and isn't being forced to do so